AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 52 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 31.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-16, 22:11   Link #201
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Uh, actually the law does step in to prevent 13 year olds from having inappropriate relationships with adults. It's not the age difference that bothers people, it's the fact that it's a child. A relationship with a child is not ok.

Of course, this is fake. It's only an anime. But I find this kind of thing repulsive even in an anime. *shrugs*

However, like I said I don't have any issues with Suou having a crush on Hei. Young girls do get crushes afterall. Hei returning feelings, on the other hand, would be severely disturbing. But, as I said before I don't see that happening. The only way this would be ok is if there was some sort of time-skip. But I'm kind of doubtful about that....
Way to skip the following post I made where I said they can just wait 5-7 years, lol. It's right above yours. Of course I know that a full-blown relationship would be illegal at Suou's current age.....although just to be fully fair, Hei and Suou (or at least Hei) aren't really the types to be talking about obeying the law.....

Now, if we were talking about some pervert going "OOOOOOH, LOLI *drool*," then I'd be disturbed, but this is Hei; I think we can safely rule him out of the pervert category grouping. (outisde of whatever the fanartists cook up ) If Hei is going to have feelings for Suou, it would obviously be for something he sees in her or her person, not because she's a little kid. Hence, I'm fine with HeixSuou if it happens.

As I said in my previous post as well, it wouldn't be the first time couples have waited in anime/JP games. Until then though, they're free to have their feelings. But also as I said, I wouldn't guess a HeixSuou relationship either; not because I think it's disturbing (i've seen the girl end of age-gap relationships with younger girls than Suou in anime/JP games ), but because if Hei were to pick Suou or Yin, I'd bet he would pick Yin since they have more history and involvement. (refer to OVA trailer)
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-12-16 at 22:26.
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 03:55   Link #202
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 22
I don't really see that much of a problem. It's perfectly fine and understandable for Suou to develop feelings for Hei. Now there are 2 reasons why I can see people complain about it;

- The age gap difference.

I have no complaints for this. We perfectly know Hei won't go for a 13-years-old girl - sexually (to be specific). BONES wouldn't really pull this off. Don't let the fandomism get to you. It would kinda be out of Hei's character and it would really degrade his character in my eyes.

If they ever decide to really pair them up, then a time-skip is certainly necessary here. Take example Kenshin and Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin. The difference in the age is almost exactly similar to that of Hei and Suou. Or another example would be Sherry and Harry from Gungrave (though I don't think many people watched Gungrave here). So honestly I think Hei x Suou would turn out perfectly fine.

And the other reason;

- Shipping.

Or more precisely, some of the Yin fans. I perfectly understand their fears of Hei developing feelings for Suou and forgetting about Yin, but I doubt that will happen. I, myself am a Misaki fan. But the amount of time and development Suou has been getting in S2 lead me to ship Hei x Suou as well. I honestly wouldn't mind if Misaki doesn't get paired with Hei, anyone is fine with me; as long as we get a great ending.
__________________

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-12-17 at 04:42.
Zwei is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 07:33   Link #203
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Or another example would be Sherry and Harry from Gungrave (though I don't think many people watched Gungrave here).
Hello! That's definitely one I didn't know about. I actually thought that would be the last anime to have any kind of romance relationship at all. I guess I gotta go watch that just for not being what I expected.

Quote:
I honestly wouldn't mind if Misaki doesn't get paired with Hei, anyone is fine with me; as long as we get a great ending.
Same; I like Misaki too, I just like her less than Suou or Yin. But it would be perfectly fine to me if she and Hei hooked up. I just think that's the least likely to happen of the three possible pairings.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 07:48   Link #204
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Hello! That's definitely one I didn't know about. I actually thought that would be the last anime to have any kind of romance relationship at all. I guess I gotta go watch that just for not being what I expected.
Spoiler:


Quote:
Same; I like Misaki too, I just like her less than Suou or Yin. But it would be perfectly fine to me if she and Hei hooked up. I just think that's the least likely to happen of the three possible pairings.
While I like her better than Yin or Suou........unfortunately, I also think it's unlikely that she would pair up with Hei. I know I'll rage if BONES decide to kill her off though.
__________________
Zwei is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 07:49   Link #205
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
The episode was quite alright. There seemed to be more revelations rather than action present. Any leads to who may have killed Kyouko/Youko? I don't think it was BK-201.
__________________


It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 08:32   Link #206
EadTaes
The Northern Guy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Suou's love for Hei is not real love. He's her protector, her caretaker, she's having a normal crush reaction on him. Hei will not have reciprocating feeling for her, he'll treat her as his sister and that is likely to continue even when she's legal.

Now why is the fact that she is in love with Hei blurted out so directly is in my opinion simply because her feelings for Hei will have a big impact on how the season ends. In S1 Hei was teh one that brought the show to an end, he was the Alpha and the Omega of the season and in season 2 that role will be played by Suou. And her feelings will weight heavily on the outcome that will come from them.
__________________
EadTaes is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 08:51   Link #207
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
Suou's love for Hei is not real love. He's her protector, her caretaker, she's having a normal crush reaction on him. Hei will not have reciprocating feeling for her, he'll treat her as his sister and that is likely to continue even when she's legal.
I think you're trying too hard to knock this down to a simple crush. There has been nothing at all that says it's so simple. On the other hand, Suou makes it perfectly clear that she has deep, strong feelings for Hei, and if it was a simple crush, why would Bones have Mao state she's in love with Hei so bluntly? Obviously they (Hei and Mao) know it's love, so why are we disagreeing with them? When characters say character A is in love with character B we don't disagree with them, so what makes this so special? I'm sure we can assume Hei and Mao understand what they're talking about rather than just blindly stating things with no idea what they are talking about, and we can safely assume they know about Stockholm's Syndrome and simple crushes too, so why don't they think of those as possibilities? Because the show is telling us that her feelings are real. Certainly, Suou's feelings for Hei are important for the climax of the series, but I strongly disagree that her feelings are as simple as you're tyring to make them.
Whether or not Hei reciprocates those exact feelings is another matter of course, and I agree that he probably won't. But he definitely doesn't see her as a sister; when Mao asks him if he saw his sister in her (his exact words), Hei tells him, also in these exact words, that he sees himself in her.

Well I suppose Bones and the length of the series are at least in part to blame for this; since the series is only 12 episodes Bones didn't do the development of Suou's feelings for Hei very well, so I guess people are having a hard time accepting that Suou is in love with him since it came out of left field a bit back in episode 6. Still, as much as it could have been developed better, the show clearly points out and states her feelings for him.
__________________

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-12-17 at 09:10.
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 21:54   Link #208
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Same; I like Misaki too, I just like her less than Suou or Yin. But it would be perfectly fine to me if she and Hei hooked up. I just think that's the least likely to happen of the three possible pairings.
If you can't acknowledge Hei's real persona, then there's no point. I root for the one who is putting in the most effort this season, including the OVAs. Shooting Hei is a definite no-no.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 22:25   Link #209
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I think you're trying too hard to knock this down to a simple crush. There has been nothing at all that says it's so simple. On the other hand, Suou makes it perfectly clear that she has deep, strong feelings for Hei, and if it was a simple crush, why would Bones have Mao state she's in love with Hei so bluntly?
I disagree, her interest is a one-sided, immature, infatuation, in other words a crush. There is nothing deep or romantic about her interests, she likes him because he is the strong protector type. Mao was just simply acknowledging a fact and a crush is love, it is just an immature love, though that doesn't mean it can't be developed into a real relationship.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 22:34   Link #210
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
she likes him because he is the strong protector type. .
Girls do tend to gravitate towards that type imo.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 22:53   Link #211
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I disagree, her interest is a one-sided, immature, infatuation, in other words a crush. There is nothing deep or romantic about her interests, she likes him because he is the strong protector type. Mao was just simply acknowledging a fact and a crush is love, it is just an immature love, though that doesn't mean it can't be developed into a real relationship.
But where are you getting this from? There's nothing to suggest it's a simple crush, while on the other hand she has clearly laid out her feelings and Hei and Mao confirmed it is love. Your side is all about supposition while the show has clearly stated the opposite. When the show says an object travels at e=mc^2/five times the speed of light/whatever (fyi this example is not intended to make scientific sense, I'm just making a point ), we don't pull out a calculator and disagree. We go by what the show says.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2009-12-17, 22:56   Link #212
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I wish I was Hei, rolling and pedoing.
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline  
Old 2009-12-18, 02:58   Link #213
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But where are you getting this from? There's nothing to suggest it's a simple crush, while on the other hand she has clearly laid out her feelings and Hei and Mao confirmed it is love. Your side is all about supposition while the show has clearly stated the opposite. When the show says an object travels at e=mc^2/five times the speed of light/whatever (fyi this example is not intended to make scientific sense, I'm just making a point ), we don't pull out a calculator and disagree. We go by what the show says.
Well to tell you the truth I don't really see her laying out her feelings as proof she loves him in a romantic way. All the things she said except for the Yin part are generally part of all types of love.

The fact that she said that she was confused after the Yin thing imo most probably means jealousy even if she wasn't aware (otherwise she wowuld have said it). Looking at in from another way she might get jealous because she has no one except Hei (in general as a person) and before that point he was looking only at her (not in the romantic way but as a person there for her so naturally she got attached to him) and after the "don't shoot" she understood she wasn't the only person Hei cares about thus got jelaous.

Also Mao said Suou was in love with Hei yet she had no idea that she was actually in love with him. She's aware that she has feeling but she never said love (all the Nika and Norio confessions and how she felt etc. when she talked about love) And only Mao said it's love. I don't remember hei saying anything.

And speaking about Mao he also implied that Hei thinks of Suou as his sister so if we trust Mao there won't be a romantic relationship between them at all (since Hei said he didn't Mao was wrong about Hei's feelings so he might be wrong about Suou's feelings as well meaning the type of love)
We as viewers might be aware that it's love or a crush (which is still love) but she isn't - she is just attached to Hei and from what she said she doesn't know the reason. So basically I see it more as a crush due to the circumstances and the fact that she is 13.

My point was that both sides (crush or real love) might be right but I don't think a love relationship between Hei and Suou will be there in the end since if there is I think it will really mess up a possible 3rd season and also Hei doesn't seem to love Suou in that way.
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2009-12-18, 03:19   Link #214
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But where are you getting this from? There's nothing to suggest it's a simple crush, while on the other hand she has clearly laid out her feelings and Hei and Mao confirmed it is love. Your side is all about supposition while the show has clearly stated the opposite. When the show says an object travels at e=mc^2/five times the speed of light/whatever (fyi this example is not intended to make scientific sense, I'm just making a point ), we don't pull out a calculator and disagree. We go by what the show says.
And when has the show shown any depth to her love? She likes him that fact has been acknowledged, but that interest is nothing more than a one-sided infatuation. Until you show me proof otherwise, you're the one seeing something that isn't there.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline  
Old 2009-12-26, 18:00   Link #215
Guido
Hunger of the Dead
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Yesterday, the anime ended its broadcast, but I'm feeling almost full since now I'm just two episodes behind the conclusion to the second series.

Spoiler:


BTW, Mao's in his original, human body seemed like the classic Lupin-esque stereotype.
Guido is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.