AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 30 21.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 3.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 13 9.22%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-16, 22:09   Link #61
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainGlass View Post
You should really be buying it, you can find some links off Witch Hunt's site: http://witch-hunt.com/stage.html
Its quite cheap anyway.
It depends on the country too
I bought episode 6 for $23 and the shipment was also $23 (on Himeyashop). But when it arrives here on Brazil, I'll need to pay more $27,6 because of taxes. Quite expensive, but it's worth it.

Oh Maho Momo, I also have some friends watching Umineko and they are enjoying it too , specially with the last episodes (they didn't watch Higurashi too). I know it's about tastes, and that's what keeps me cool about the show.

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2009-12-16, 22:15   Link #62
Majo
RONOVE'S #1 FAN

I disliked this episode.... a lot.

My expectations for the next one are not high enough... I used to be excited when they announced the anime but that was a long time ago.

Old 2009-12-16, 23:39   Link #63
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
I was excited when I heard, and still am.
Hell, at least they're animating it.
Old 2009-12-16, 23:41   Link #64
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I wish the people/person who made those Haruhi screen recolors for Umineko still made them. It stopped after the anime designs were shown, I thought those videos were pretty awesome myself.

Old 2009-12-16, 23:46   Link #65
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
I was excited when I heard, and still am.
Hell, at least they're animating it.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? what kind of logic makes one satisfy with only AT LEAST THEY ARE ANIMATING IT like they are making us a favor personally i prefer to read the manga rather than see this shitty adaptation.
Old 2009-12-16, 23:51   Link #66
kuro_usagi

I rated this episode 4/10...
The animation seemed lazy..the same animations from past episode for ending scene >_>
They focused on Ange/Kasumi too much...I mean, should they spent that much times focusing on Ange being bullied by Kasumi & her henchmens? I think their scenes it's not that important for the plot..:P
Old 2009-12-17, 00:08   Link #67
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? what kind of logic makes one satisfy with only AT LEAST THEY ARE ANIMATING IT like they are making us a favor personally i prefer to read the manga rather than see this shitty adaptation.
You know, noone forces you to watch this.
Old 2009-12-17, 00:12   Link #68
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
*cries*
They are doing me a favor-by animating It so fans can watch.
And It isn't shitty- I really would like to see you do better.
Old 2009-12-17, 00:21   Link #69
Serpit

Quote:
*cries*
I really would like to see you do better.
Come on. I'm trying not to get into this debate, but this is still one of the stupidest arguments ever >_<

We'd all LOVE to do better - if we owned a Japanese animation studio.
Old 2009-12-17, 01:14   Link #70
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
Come on. I'm trying not to get into this debate, but this is still one of the stupidest arguments ever >_<

We'd all LOVE to do better - if we owned a Japanese animation studio.
I guess, It would be sweet, but I can't draw for shit.
Also, kasumi's faces remind me of Takano. TOO MUCH.
Old 2009-12-17, 01:33   Link #71
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

NOW...I'm curious how they repair our emotional damage with the next ep..
Old 2009-12-17, 01:48   Link #72
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

...Have the totally epic
Spoiler for :
scene in Chiru instead
Old 2009-12-17, 03:10   Link #73
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Why, Chiaki Kon, why? I was ready to forgive you (heck, even applaud you) for last episode's cuts were you to use the awesome time setup it made for the final two episodes properly . But no, you had to go and pointlessly stretch out yet another less important scene.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't say I was completely happy with the directing for last week's episode, but the cuts did give them a wide berth to properly animate the finale - I thought it was an good trade off and a necessary lesser evil. But now this? What the heck? For once I'm not even going to attempt to justify their actions.

EP3's adaptation was pretty good, so why can't they keep up the quality for the finale?
Old 2009-12-17, 05:28   Link #74
Puranetesu

I know this was bound to happen with umineko fans but you are all meta-judging this episode :P

You are not judging it on its own, but based on what was cut before and based on the fact that the next episode will be rushed.

But this was a good episode. It gave us a glimpse of how the anime would be if they had more episodes and more time to animate almost everything. The directing was good this time, the music was good, the pacing felt good, if every episode was like this one, it would be an awesome anime (and also, the would need 50 episodes for the first 4 games).

So vote highly for this episode, and vote lowly for the next one if, as all signs point to it, is a rushed mess of a finale.
Old 2009-12-17, 05:43   Link #75
bigemperor

Quote:
*cries*
They are doing me a favor-by animating It so fans can watch.
And It isn't shitty- I really would like to see you do better.
another WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? first they aren't making you a favor they made umineko to make money like all animes GUES WHAT? THE SALES FROM THE DVD AND BLURAY ARE HORRIBLE.
Second you are making a comparison between a simple and normal user with a MILLONARY INDUSTRY IN JAPAN you are amazing, but i’m sure that i wouldn’t have been so stupid to make an entire episode with ange in rokkenjima and leave things 1000 times more important into the final episode is just stupid.

It really surprises me how conformist some people can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Why, Chiaki Kon, why? I was ready to forgive you (heck, even applaud you) for last episode's cuts were you to use the awesome time setup it made for the final two episodes properly . But no, you had to go and pointlessly stretch out yet another less important scene.
Me too, i was ready to say IT WAS A GOOD DESICION BECAUSE THE ENDING GOT THE TIME IT DESERVES AND A I WAS WAITING FOR A EPIC ENDING but no they messed up everything, chiaki kon = facepalm.
Old 2009-12-17, 05:50   Link #76
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
i know! they are not planning to end this show next week! next episode will end with big cliffhanger instead of an ending. the true finale will come as a bonus with the last dvd!
Even better, you can only get it with the recepits of the rest of the dvds
Old 2009-12-17, 07:57   Link #77
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Objectively speaking, it was a very strong, well-directed and well-paced episode. A very faithful and accurate depiction of the 1998 Rokkenjima encounter between Kasumi and Ange that was able to successfully flesh out their characters, some more issues regarding the past but more importantly explore very well the fallout of the massacre on those left behind. Oh and let's not forget the blood and gore too.

Subjectively speaking... it puts the final episode in a very, very, dangerous position. I don't know what the other VN players are smoking but the way this episode plays out does not yet guarantee an epic failure of an ending. I mean yes there is much more room to totally obliterate the final episode, like say a 70-30 chance of failure-success, but we did say the same thing about the third arc. At the very least DEEN proved us wrong that they could do it right, and they did it with Ep3, even if they dug themselves into a hole they dug themselves out, sort of.

They dug themselves into another, deeper hole with this episode by doing everything right for some goddamn reason, but hey anyone find it ironic that we're getting something potentially bad from something so good?

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because they've shown they can still make things right after doing something horrible. There is still room for a stellar Ep4 finale, and DEEN can still pull it off.

8/10 for me.
Old 2009-12-17, 08:01   Link #78
Luxa

As an anime only viewer, I gave it 5/10. Not because of the things cut or not shown (I have no idea about those or about what's left), but because it bored me to death.
Sorry, I'm simply not interested in the Ange arc for itself. Execution was ok however.
Old 2009-12-17, 08:08   Link #79
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This was a pretty good episode if you don't think of it as an adaption. I like how they left in the "taking a dump" comment though. I lol'ed during that part in the game.
Old 2009-12-17, 08:50   Link #80
Muyasuki

Anime-only watcher and I'd definitely give this episode an 7.5 rounded up to a 8. Two major factors took away from this episode in my opinion.

1) I really didn't like see Ange getting her ass handed to her the whole episode by 9 adults. I have a problem with this on two folds (one, I like Ange. Two, she's female). Isn't this what here body guard is for (though I'm guessing the magic we saw was him firing a gun).

2) 24 ended with a nice cliffhanger. I really wanted to see where that was going rather than spend the whole time in EP3's future. Granted, I think I have a good grasp of magic now.

If it wasn't for these forums, I would never have known how bad this and Higurashi's first season (which I loved) were in comparison to the source material (I'm gonna wait for the English version . . . and spare income before I go that route). In fact, Higurashi is one of my favourite series period and is the whole reason I even took up watching Umineko in the first place. I don't think there will ever be a common ground for non-VNers and VNers on this series. Though I do understand the reasoning (I felt the same exact way when I watched the Black Cat and Rosario+Vampire(though this one was weird cause I only read the series after seeing the first episode) series. The only two series I have ever dropped).

I do find it really weird that people are bad mouthing this episode despite saying that it was a faithful adaption. Sure it may mess things up for next week's episode but that itself has nothing to do with the quality of this episode. Its not fair to judge something based on something else that has yet to occur.

With that said, I don't think I will even play Umineko at all until either a confirmed second series is finished or it is confirmed to not happen period.
Closed Thread