AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-08-09, 22:43   Link #21
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpixel
Tip 1

Fill a sig. Somtimes sigs can be empty, simple. Somtimes you need to add things to fill it out. This is were your style comes in. What I use is Custom shapes, brushes, image blending and photomanipulation. Like my sig for example. I have some shapes in there (butterflys) a little brush work, and then some custom things I did with my own style.

Alot of people on this forum see a pic crop it and use that as a sig. thats all cool but to me thats not really a sig. I hate that. Do some things to the pic. Anyway sorry that was a rant I was holding in for a long time.
Amen
That's what I've been saying for a long time now too.

Another tip:

Try finding out on your own what every tool does, usually you remember stuff like this and you use it when creating something like a sig.
For instance, you want a grudgy outer glow of a character, but you've overdone it a little. An easy way to fix this is Ctrl+click the layer, expanding the selection and feathering it by # pixels (try it until you find a nice size), invert the selection, and press delete (once or a couple of times, depending on how you want to reduce the outerglow).
I found that out when I accidently pressed delete when I was working with a feathered selection...
Old 2004-08-09, 23:02   Link #22
HoboGod
Necromancer

Here is a pretty neet trick i've been holding out on. I think it is quite useful. I originally was gunna keep it to myself, but it appears other people are being generious with some of their nifty effects, so i'll share. ^_^

In photoshop,
  • create a layer with a white backround.
  • add a black colored text, kanji, picture, or whatver you want, as long as it is completely black.
  • flatten image.
  • create a new layer with a backround of any color you would like as an outline.
  • place that layer OVER the initial layer.
  • change the layer settings on the colored backround to soft light,

if you do this correctly, it should be outlined in that color, but not in the crummy way that alot of text outlines have, it blends with the picture and makes this:
look like this:

IMHO, it makes it look more noticable. ^_^

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 07:00   Link #23
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpixel
Tip 1

Fill a sig. Somtimes sigs can be empty, simple. Somtimes you need to add things to fill it out. This is were your style comes in. What I use is Custom shapes, brushes, image blending and photomanipulation. Like my sig for example. I have some shapes in there (butterflys) a little brush work, and then some custom things I did with my own style.

Alot of people on this forum see a pic crop it and use that as a sig. thats all cool but to me thats not really a sig. I hate that. Do some things to the pic. Anyway sorry that was a rant I was holding in for a long time.
I added some flowers to my sig, I know Its not much, but Its a start I guess.

And all these tips are great, but I don't understand most of them, I guess I should just play around with things, and read some online tutorals.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2004-08-10 at 07:38.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote