AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-12-17, 13:31   Link #61
SMASHERJACKSON

does the 3 week break start from this chapter onwards?
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 13:40   Link #62
PrototypeX2

Good thing Jozu and Marco got owned.Jozu was just backstabbing everyone thinking he is so cool and Marco was just standing there watching things like a goddamn vegetable.Hopefully these 3 will die soon so we can get some more story improvement rather than bleach style weekly wrestling.
PrototypeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 13:40   Link #63
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
yeah sure. Marco was running towards WB and got shot from behind and Jozu too wasn't paying attention and got frozen. Both were distracted.
Well, that's their own fault.^^
What count is the outcome.
Well anyways, it was clear that Oda can't draw the WG and the marines losing this one too.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 13:54   Link #64
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
The war is definitely nearing its end. I can definitely see it ending within the next 4-5 chapters. I can't wait to see how Oda handles Luffy's comeback from now on, He never disappoints, after all.
And looks like you Buggy fans finally got your wish, He's woken up just in time to witness Luffy's impending rampage.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 14:11   Link #65
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
does the 3 week break start from this chapter onwards?
I want to know about this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
The war is definitely nearing its end. I can definitely see it ending within the next 4-5 chapters. I can't wait to see how Oda handles Luffy's comeback from now on, He never disappoints, after all.
And looks like you Buggy fans finally got your wish, He's woken up just in time to witness Luffy's impending rampage.
I don't mind Luffy getting a boost for power, but the penalty in the end better be heavy. The Dragon situation is what I kept looking forward too, but now that we are here I don't expect him to come anymore. Anyone else worry that Luffy's fame and power are getting way much more than rest of the crew? I always think of them as Strawhats, and see Zoro (whom I most like in the series) as right below Luffy. I'm fine with them weaker, but too much weaker will just put them in a different league. This is probably me thinking too much since probably Zoro and Sanji will get haki too at least.

Finally, anyone think they'll pick up a new crew member at the end here? I don't even remember what Oda intended the total crew member to be in the beginning but this seems like a good place to nab someone. If Whitebeard dies I don't think his groups will stay together anymore since your captain is the symbol of your crew, so potentially there are a lot of new recruits floating around, unless they decide to form Pheonix Pirates (lame name I know) after WB dies @__@.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 14:56   Link #66
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

With Luffy getting his butt kicked the way he's been, I don't think there's much to worry about concerning his strength and the rest of the crew's. It would be nice to see a lot of the crew get Haki. They all seem to be pretty ambitious.

At the start Luffy mentioned thinking having a crew of about ten people would be enough. I think a lot of people are banking on someone to join the crew after this. I've got my beri on Hancock.

When WB dies, I fully expect Ace to take his place as captain and for the crew to stay together.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 15:14   Link #67
grey_1960
Baby 5

Chapter 568
That was a really good chapter. I was hoping this would be the end of Luffy's involment in the war but it sounds like he is going to be the inspiration behind the whitebeard crew making a come back.

Jozu and Marko
I hope those admirals know that isn't going to stop Marco and Jozu. Of all thing Admiral Akoiji and Admiral Kizaru should know better. I mean Marko in chapter 553 on page 16-17 takes a whole barrage of lasers. Jozu on chapter 554 page 6-7 throws a chunk of ice that would have crushed the whole marine force if it weren't for Admiral Akainu. I see Marko and Jozu surviving this war. I don't know about White Beard.

Logia
After reading the latest chapter I think Enel and Admiral Akainu have the best Logia powers in my opinion. I like how Admrial Akainu can change his attacks. One was a fist shooting out on page Chapter 554 page 6-7 and the one on chapter 568 page 2-3 is a dog. Then you have enel, his lightning powers are awesome. I also like how he can predict attacks even if his lightning was useless agianst Luffy.

Who going to throw a wrench in the Marines plans?
Will it be Squado, Buggy, Luffy or Whitebeard?

Luffy
This is Luffy's second shot. He better realize were he stands in this war of the Power houses. I hope he has a plan because he has the key to the cuffs. Second if he can just unlock the cuffs Ace can pretty much take care of himself. I mean seeing Ace in combat in this battle would be pretty awesome.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2009-12-17 at 17:50.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 18:02   Link #68
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Luffy's resolve is stronger than ever. Ace evoked a lot of empathy from this chapter.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 19:52   Link #69
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Ho-lee crap. Luffy's pumped, I can't wait to see what he's gonna do.~

My guesses are Gomu Gomu no Gigant Gatling Gun or MAYBE Gear 4th.

It's probably still too soon for that though, and considering Oda's masterful writing ability, he probably has something a lot more sensible up his sleeve.
Old 2009-12-17, 20:32   Link #70
marvelB

BTW, it was pretty cool to see the New World pirates take out that one Kuma clone. At the very least, this proves that even the fodder pirates in this war are nothing to sneeze at. I still wish we could see more action from the captains themselves, but the war seems to be reaching its climax and I doubt that Oda would put much more focus on any secondary fighters (who aren't Whitebeard's top commanders, that is) since that would kinda drag things out. However, I still think there's a chance that we'll see Squado take on a big-shot marine in an attempt to redeem himself for stabbing old Whitebeard. Heh, just imagine him being the one to take on Garp or Sengoku......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 20:55   Link #71
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, just imagine him being the one to take on Garp or Sengoku......
I don't see that happening, but it's easily conceivable that he'll step in and distract Akainu while WB's coughing out his internal organs.

Luffy using one of his 3rd Gear attacks on either Kizaru or Aokiji, even without Haki, would be cool. I can see an attack of that scale causing either of them to have to take a moment to regroup and not be able to completely steamroll Luffy like they have been. Haha, and then Luffy would disappear from everyone's sight when he shrinks, allowing him the perfect opportunity to sneak up to Ace and undo his handcuffs. xD
Old 2009-12-17, 21:09   Link #72
marvelB

^I mentioned Sengoku because he was the one who came up with the plan to deceive Squado in the first place. I'm not saying that Squado wouldn't want a piece of Akainu as well, but I still wouldn't put it past him to go straight for the mastermind who was responsible for making him turn on his "father" in the first place.....

As for Garp, I just mentioned him because he's always hanging around Sengoku, and is probably willing to fight alongside him again, just like they did in chapter 0......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 21:43   Link #73
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I wasn't even thinking of him getting revenge against Akainu, but that is a good point for Akainu and Sengoku, however, I think he'd be more worried about protecting WB before trying to get his revenge which is why I don't see him bothering with Garp or Sengoku.
Old 2009-12-18, 06:33   Link #74
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Finally, anyone think they'll pick up a new crew member at the end here? I don't even remember what Oda intended the total crew member to be in the beginning but this seems like a good place to nab someone. If Whitebeard dies I don't think his groups will stay together anymore since your captain is the symbol of your crew, so potentially there are a lot of new recruits floating around, unless they decide to form Pheonix Pirates (lame name I know) after WB dies @__@.
Highly doubtful unless BOA joins the crew which I doubt. The reason is ODA basically said Luffy's crew will have 10 people total in the beginning of the series. He's at 9 already countinghim self. So one more to go. Crew members almost always are given a backstory before they join the crew and the only person to be given a back story in post florian triangle arcs is BOA and Ace. Neither of them seem like likely candidates for the story.
Old 2009-12-18, 06:38   Link #75
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I don't see that happening, but it's easily conceivable that he'll step in and distract Akainu while WB's coughing out his internal organs.

Luffy using one of his 3rd Gear attacks on either Kizaru or Aokiji, even without Haki, would be cool. I can see an attack of that scale causing either of them to have to take a moment to regroup and not be able to completely steamroll Luffy like they have been. Haha, and then Luffy would disappear from everyone's sight when he shrinks, allowing him the perfect opportunity to sneak up to Ace and undo his handcuffs. xD
If you look this arc and Impel Down you notice how Luffy is getting his gear side effects under-control.

He is switching from gears constantly and on the run without side effects. I dont think he even shrinks anymore from Gear 3.

I guess his body is finally getting used for gears,though excessive use on short time will strain his body. But I dont think there will be such drastic handicaps as he had on Enies Lobby.

I have to say it was decent chapter, its pretty tragic chapter but I think specially Luffys situation is very grim. I think that after this war is over Luffy cant simply just eat and sleep his exhaustion away.

I guess he may fall in coma or suffer major injurys. Techincally he ran out of stamina in midway of Impel Down... he has been able to keep up running because hormone injection from Ivankov. So he just cheated his body and could keep it moving with high risks.

He used gears many times now, got beaten horrible and slashed by swords and stabbed by shigans...

And as that bloody fool can barely even breath or stay conciousness because his immense willpower he actually took another injection from hormones...

I am pretty sure that Luffy's body is already dying...and he will take alot of beating before this is over... and use even more of gears.

We all know that Luffy will survive this war but I cant even imagine what shape his body will be. I think he has sacrifced atleast 20-30 years of his lifetime to rescue Ace...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 06:53   Link #76
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Luffy's body will come out of this more powerful than ever but he's getting his ass kicked hardcore first. This will be "Son Goku dying to Piccolo and then coming back from the dead only to turn SSJ"

He's gonna hulk out, push himself over the limit, get some good licks in, and then he's taking a nap after big fat fist to the face.

Luffy has a LONG LONG LONG way to go. These Navy bums are giving him a hard time. He can barely take on old men. There are Gorousei above these guys.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 08:22   Link #77
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I can totally see the next chapter going even more in favour of the marines, then in the 2nd half you see Luffy surprisingly dealing major damage to one or several high level marines only to be stopped by one of the admirals/shichibukai/garp/sengoku. The one who stopped Luffy then have a small speech like "looks like this is it for you strawhat luffy" and on the last page you have some badass close-up of Squado being "I wonder about that."

And in the middle you have Buggy accidentally triggering some big red button.

Man that chapter would be so awesome.
Old 2009-12-18, 11:15   Link #78
sjaako

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
He can barely take on old men. There are Gorousei above these guys.
I dont think gorousei are toptier fighters of the marines they just rule the world
sjaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 12:19   Link #79
noktown

I actually think that Luffy will go on rampage and will be stopped pretty easily by someone,then you'll see Luffy having those white KO'd-like eyes,and then possibly a time-skip Luffy wakes up somewhere and whoever saved him(possibly Boa) tells him that Whitebeared and Ace are both dead O_O.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 12:30   Link #80
Trax
Rock beats scissors

FINALLY some of the Pacifista are being taken care of by some powerful New Worlders, it's about time. Also, Ace is getting fleshed out a bit more and has finally stopped resigning himself to his fate, feeling the will to live again. The battle is taking a turn for the worse though for the pirate side, with WB and his top commanders being in trouble. WB's time is nigh, that's for sure. As for Luffy, he's getting his second wind thanks to another hormone boost, and we can only assume that he'll make his mark in the next chapter. At what cost though, I can't even imagine. Considering the backlash he was already expecting from the hormone boost, and the beating he has undergone so far, he might be KO for a looooong time after this.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote