AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-18, 16:53   Link #81
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Considering the backlash he was already expecting from the hormone boost, and the beating he has undergone so far, he might be KO for a looooong time after this.
I hope so. There had better be severe consequences after the temporary boost from the hormones subsides. Sure, Ace can be rescued, but ultimately in the end this arc shouldn't have a happy ending, and that goes for both Luffy and Whitebeard.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 18:29   Link #82
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
And once again, I bring up something I mentioned earlier in the thread: Since Oda said in volume 0 that the current storyline will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17-year old, I think that there's a good possibility that the hormone overdose may very well leave the young rookie in a coma that will last until his birthday passes. It would be similar to how he slept for 3 days after he defeated Crocodile, but.... y'know, longer. The only question is how long Luffy would be sleeping this time around, since we don't really know how many days remain until his birthday.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 19:29   Link #83
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I hope so. There had better be severe consequences after the temporary boost from the hormones subsides. Sure, Ace can be rescued, but ultimately in the end this arc shouldn't have a happy ending, and that goes for both Luffy and Whitebeard.
Well i feel certain it's not gonna be a happy ending for Whitebeard
Luffy however, will probably recover and thus have a happy ending

However, between THIS, and how Lucchi told Luffy that using gear 2 was damaging his body, i am seeing some possible consequences in the long run. It feels somewhat a kin to how Roger soon lost his life to illness after conquering the grand line (though he had the disease before he started his journey)... though i seriously doubt Oda would end Luffy's life soon after he obtained the title of pirate king...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 19:50   Link #84
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
If you look this arc and Impel Down you notice how Luffy is getting his gear side effects under-control.

He is switching from gears constantly and on the run without side effects. I dont think he even shrinks anymore from Gear 3.
lolwut
when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And once again, I bring up something I mentioned earlier in the thread: Since Oda said in volume 0 that the current storyline will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17-year old, I think that there's a good possibility that the hormone overdose may very well leave the young rookie in a coma that will last until his birthday passes. It would be similar to how he slept for 3 days after he defeated Crocodile, but.... y'know, longer. The only question is how long Luffy would be sleeping this time around, since we don't really know how many days remain until his birthday.....
I was thinking the exact same thing. I think it would be a good way to tell the story of how the other crewmates meet up back at the island. Hmm, and I guess it would give Boa an excuse to hang around longer. If Luffy's knocked out right when the battle ends, or even before that time, which I imagine is what will happen, someone will need to look after him so he doesn't get arrested. Who better than our (hopefully) next Strawhat? >_>
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 20:16   Link #85
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere not near you.
Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
lolwut
when?



I was thinking the exact same thing. I think it would be a good way to tell the story of how the other crewmates meet up back at the island. Hmm, and I guess it would give Boa an excuse to hang around longer. If Luffy's knocked out right when the battle ends, or even before that time, which I imagine is what will happen, someone will need to look after him so he doesn't get arrested. Who better than our (hopefully) next Strawhat? >_>
He's been using Gear 2 repeatedly but when he does use it for one time after a long while, he isn't as tired as before when he first used it. As for gear 3, he shrinks but doesn't fly around the air like a fart going out of control.

Yeah, I would like to see Luffy go unconscious while Ace is saved, Boa and/or everyone else is with him on some escape boat. As for Whitebeard, chances are going for his death but his crew may separate or suffer with him. Honestly, I want to see this war end already, not like I'm tired of it or anything but I want to see the conclusion badly.
__________________
Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 20:43   Link #86
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
By the way, this is somewhat off-topic, but this weekend is the Jump Fiesta, and Oda usually tends to give small spoilers about future events in the series during this event (for instance, last year he revealed a rough sketch of Jinbei and mentioned how a former boss enemy would accompany Luffy to the New World). Maybe Oda will reveal something else interesting aside from that thing about Luffy aging.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 22:01   Link #87
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
He's been using Gear 2 repeatedly but when he does use it for one time after a long while, he isn't as tired as before when he first used it. As for gear 3, he shrinks but doesn't fly around the air like a fart going out of control.
He's hopped up on hormones, why would he show fatigue? He'd be sound asleep inhaling whatever food his arms reach if his body were showing what it's actually feeling. I don't remember him ever flying around like that after 3rd, but I can totally see that having been the case. xD If that's true, then okay, but he still shrinks, and I don't think he ever shrunk for that long to begin with.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 22:20   Link #88
Hiking_Bear
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
I'm not sure how to feel about this chapter, because Ace's situation and backstory (the whole "do I deserve to live" deal) is basically a repetition of the Impel Down arc with Robin. I'm not gona throw the towel because of it, but I would have preferred if he had been given a new more interesting background.
I had the same kind of reaction. Ace didn't want to live? I was like, wait, that was Robin. But I have faith in Oda's storytelling abilities. He's not one to rehash old plots, which leads me to suspect that Ace might not make it out of this alive. The rescue of Ace may seem similar to Robin's rescue, but without the happy ending.

If you think about it, Ace's goal was to make Whitebeard the pirate king. If Whitebeard dies, then Ace's dream dies with him. And without a dream, there's no longer a reason for Ace to exist in the world of One Piece...
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 06:19   Link #89
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Actually it's only natural for him to give up on his life,since Whitebeard's dying,his lil bro is getting his ass kicked pretty badly too,his crew is fighting some of them are taking damage,all for him.

It's not like he's given up completely,but it's more like a pain for his comrades,he's not worth that(that's what he thinks).
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 15:20   Link #90
Smeghead
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ireland
Age: 26
He also failed to avenge his comrade by losing to Blackbeard.
Smeghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 02:34   Link #91
Lightmgl
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
I had the same kind of reaction. Ace didn't want to live? I was like, wait, that was Robin. But I have faith in Oda's storytelling abilities. He's not one to rehash old plots, which leads me to suspect that Ace might not make it out of this alive. The rescue of Ace may seem similar to Robin's rescue, but without the happy ending.

If you think about it, Ace's goal was to make Whitebeard the pirate king. If Whitebeard dies, then Ace's dream dies with him. And without a dream, there's no longer a reason for Ace to exist in the world of One Piece...
Ace was also just introduced to the fact that WB wanted to turn him into the pirate king in the same way that he hoped to make WB the pirate king. Its alot for him to absorb but he will find new ambition if WB dies. The two most likely ambitions are to make himself pirate king and fulfill WB's ambition or to support his brother in his quest to become pirate king.

Ace does not seem to want the position anymore, so my guess is he will rally behind Luffy after becoming the new leader of the WB pirates. WB still has his final words and I'm willing to bet they will be just as powerful as Roger's. WB could be the one who ends up leaving Luffy allied with or in control of (via Ace) one of the most powerful forces in the OP world.

Theres always the possibility that Oda will throw us a real curveball too. The growing relationship between Luffy and WB in this battle could just as easily lead to Luffy being Ace's "replacement" in the case of Ace's demise. Obviously Luffy would still do things his own way, but once again he would gain some unbelievably powerful allies as a result of this tragedy too.

The only thing that would really surprise me at this point is if both Ace and WB end up dying. It feels like one of them is needed to connect Luffy to the pirate force just like his bloodline and Ivankov will connect him to the rebel force. Hell Luffy may as well already be pirate king according to his definition with his connections to Roger's former crew, the rebel army, 2 Yonkou, a number of marines, numerous shichibukai, and tons of random people/pirates from around the world. He already does whatever he wants and soon theres not going to be anyone not on his side to stop him....
Lightmgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 07:39   Link #92
zaner
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
My money is on Luffy fighting Garp and there being a question of weather Garp wants to let luffy win and take a fall or auctally try to beat luffy.

It just seems like something oda would do, that way you could get a more personal feeling for garp. But if this happened i think the battle field would pause like what happened when WB started coughing up blood. a moment of gasp and that will end a chapter with garp asking luffy if he really wants to try to take on his grandfather
zaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 15:04   Link #93
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Garp doesn't seem like a person who would do that to be honest.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:26   Link #94
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, this is somewhat off-topic, but this weekend is the Jump Fiesta, and Oda usually tends to give small spoilers about future events in the series during this event (for instance, last year he revealed a rough sketch of Jinbei and mentioned how a former boss enemy would accompany Luffy to the New World). Maybe Oda will reveal something else interesting aside from that thing about Luffy aging.....
So any word on this now that Kishimoto's interview is up?
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 20:15   Link #95
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^Sadly, it seems that Oda didn't hint about future events this year. I guess he felt that the bombshell he dropped in volume 0 (and the movie 10 artbook) would be enough of an end-of-year spoiler this time around. Actually, I'm inclined to agree on this point, myself.




Edit 12/21: Since I'm sure someone will ask about it eventually, I'll mention it now: While there's technically supposed to be a break this week, there is a chance that we may get an early spoiler (maybe even the full chapter) regardless, since that's kinda been the case for the past few years, now (in fact, if memory serves me right, we actually got a spoiler on Christmas day last year).



So to reiterate, even if there's not supposed to be a chapter this week, it's quite likely that we'll at least get the spoilers. And if we do, you bet there'll be a thread for it! Now enjoy this lil' OP christmas comic:




http://img130.imageshack.us/i/20104koma.jpg/

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-12-21 at 19:56.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 23:11   Link #96
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Finally it is haki time. New spoilers (and a lot of them) are out, btw...
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 23:13   Link #97
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Finally it is haki time. New spoilers (and a lot of them) are out, btw...
Wait I thought there was no new chapter this week since last week was a Double Issue?

Or are these spoilers for the chapter coming in another weeks time?
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 23:24   Link #98
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
I am sorry, I don't have much information on this, other than the mention of chapter 570 being the one that is getting delayed.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 23:49   Link #99
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Wait I thought there was no new chapter this week since last week was a Double Issue?

Or are these spoilers for the chapter coming in another weeks time?
This is for next week's released chapter. We just get it earlier than the actual release. Next week there will be no spoilers, and there will not be another chapter until January 11th (therebouts).

That being said, yes the spoilers and most of the chapter is out. A new thread needs to be made.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 01:00   Link #100
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
And as promised, a new thread has been made. Ah, this certainly has been a great early Christmas present, yeah?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.