AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-08-10, 23:28   Link #1
dekarguy

BT worked fine till Saturday, now I get 0 connections

Hi,

I live on campus at my college and Bit Torrent worked fine until Saturday, perhaps a bit slow, but that is the bandwidth limited my university has in action.

Through Friday night, I was BTing like normal, and come Saturday morning, I can't download anything via BitTorrent. I can seed just fine, but I can never make a connection to a peer or a seed to download. Well, scratch that, I have been able to download about 192 KB in 4 days of downloading. I can see all the scrape data from the trackers, and I have tried with other computers and different trackers.

I am wondering if my school did something and I can try to get around it or if my school's subnet has gotten some sort of perma-ban from trackers.

Thank You
dekarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 00:09   Link #2
Kage Bunshin
Merely a shadow...

I'm almost 100% sure that your school has blocked the BT ports.
Kage Bunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 00:55   Link #3
dekarguy

I was thinking that was the case too. Will changing the ports to a different range work, or do I need to get dial-up? on the dialup
dekarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 02:16   Link #4
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekarguy
I was thinking that was the case too. Will changing the ports to a different range work, or do I need to get dial-up? on the dialup
You can change the incomping port to 80 (aka HTTP) with Azureus. I'd like to see them close that port. However, they might come looking for you becuase very few people upload very much over Port 80. Also, make sure to use TCP rather than the default UDP.

There's a rather lengthy thread on how to configure Azureus written by _Sin_ right here.