AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2009-12-26, 09:28   Link #1
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

"permission denied" errors at nyaatorrents

I've tried to download both gg's and Masterpiece's versions of Aoi Bungaku, both of which use the nyaa tracker. In both cases the torrents run for a few seconds then stop with a "permission denied" error. Any hints?

gg is running a notice about a C&D letter from Funi to TT leading gg to start using magnet links on another site. I noticed that Masterpiece also had entries on that site, but they included the torrent links to nyaa as well. Any idea if this event is tied to the permission denied errors?
Old 2009-12-26, 10:27   Link #2
namaiki

What torrent program? Also, are you running Google Desktop?
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 13:35   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Have you had any troubles with other torrents from the Nyaa tracker (before and now with other torrents)?
I have no difficulties getting the gg's of that series, also do you download them from the Asuki page or another website where the torrent is listed?
Thirdly what torrent program =)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 15:32   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I get no error when trying to download the latest Aoi Bungaku episode by [gg]. DHT and Peer Exchange also seem to work.

Therefore... what client are you using?

Try upgrading to the latest version if you haven't done so already (in case NyaaTorrents has banned older versions of the client you are using).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 00:06   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I switched from Deluge to KTorrent and now have no problems. Maybe nyaa doesn't like the version of Deluge I was running, even though it is the most current version for Kubuntu 9.04, 1.1.6+dfsg-2ubuntu1. I'd have thought if the client had a security problem that would warrant banning, Ubuntu would have released an updated version already.

Regardless, I'm happily using KTorrent. I've been testing it along with Deluge because I use an OpenVPN tunnel from the machine running the BT client to my external router. KTorrent allows you to bind the client to a specific interface, so I can bind it to tun0. That helps with routing packets through the various layers on my network between the BT computer and the Internet.
Old 2009-12-27, 12:21   Link #6
monster

Weren't you having problems with nyaatorrents and ktorrent at the "receiving corrupt data" message thread? So I guess that's fixed and now deluge is the one with the problem?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 19:44   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Weren't you having problems with nyaatorrents and ktorrent at the "receiving corrupt data" message thread? So I guess that's fixed and now deluge is the one with the problem?
Yes and no. Ktorrent occasionally reports the "corrupt data" error for some nyaa torrents, but the error is transient and doesn't seem to affect the operation of the torrent. I wouldn't call it "fixed" so much as "ignored!"

Tags
nyaatorrents