AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-19, 16:55   Link #181
vincenthooi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Help!! Im lost
she doesnt need to be a level six to be better than magneto.. magneto is pretty much useless in a plastic prison. biri-biri will just melt through plastic with sheer electricity and heat
vincenthooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 20:30   Link #182
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Levelland, Texas USA
Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Agreed. Magneto vs Ms. Railgun and you kinda know who will win. The moment Magneto tries to throw something at her (which is basically all Magneto can really do), Mikoto will just fry his ass.

Not really much of a contest there. Though Magneto has better lifting abilities in terms of moving large stuff around (like a bridge for example), Mikoto can just electrocute him.... :P

Perhaps if they were in area with lots of metal around, Magneto might have a better chance. But even then....Only way I see Magneto winning is if the two meet in a small tunnel made of nothing but metal, Then Magneto might be able to crush her in it fast enough to avoid being electrocuted. But as shown in in this series, Mikoto can deflect metal stuff to a certain degree.

Of coarse, Magneto wouldn't be dumb enough to face her alone. Hint hint, he would bring some of his pals. :P


(also, this is the first anime I've watched in awhile besides the Haruhi series. :P So far I like this series as well. )
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 20:53   Link #183
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Which is faster light or his throwing stuffs

Even in a closed spaced she can just send torrents of lightning and be better if your on a field with cloudy weather. Hint Hint thousand lightning
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 01:09   Link #184
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
Agreed. Magneto vs Ms. Railgun and you kinda know who will win. The moment Magneto tries to throw something at her (which is basically all Magneto can really do), Mikoto will just fry his ass.

Not really much of a contest there. Though Magneto has better lifting abilities in terms of moving large stuff around (like a bridge for example), Mikoto can just electrocute him.... :P

Perhaps if they were in area with lots of metal around, Magneto might have a better chance. But even then....Only way I see Magneto winning is if the two meet in a small tunnel made of nothing but metal, Then Magneto might be able to crush her in it fast enough to avoid being electrocuted. But as shown in in this series, Mikoto can deflect metal stuff to a certain degree.

Of coarse, Magneto wouldn't be dumb enough to face her alone. Hint hint, he would bring some of his pals. :P


(also, this is the first anime I've watched in awhile besides the Haruhi series. :P So far I like this series as well. )
Look like you forgot something, it is the Biggest Magnet Power in the Earth...Gravity...Mikoto can't canceling it and Magneto can make Gravity suck Biri2 body so she'll stick to ground and about pals....mmm...Kuroko have a strong teleporter opponent....Nightcrawler
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 02:58   Link #185
vincenthooi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Help!! Im lost
dont make a fool out of yourself... magnet is not gravity. magnetic field of earth is created because of the rotating iron-nickle core. Venus, for example have nearly the same gravity as earth and negligible magnetic field

Last edited by vincenthooi; 2009-12-20 at 03:11.
vincenthooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 04:47   Link #186
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
yup its not the effect of a magnetism. And I think magnet and gravity are totally different. And in the ground where iron mineral can be found misaka can electrocute it for magnetism and I can't seem to remember magneto that he can control it.

And as for night crawler vs kuroko. I also can't remember nigh crawler to teleport other things. He can only teleport himself. I don't see a much match up here.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 05:30   Link #187
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And as for night crawler vs kuroko. I also can't remember nigh crawler to teleport other things. He can only teleport himself. I don't see a much match up here.
But Nightcrawler didn't need calculation and have sharp nail to scratch Kuroko, well..I'll be the first to summon Wolferine to kill him off, if he ever try to do that

back to topic, Last order is most advanced Misaka clone by far, so can she also electrocuted some one?, since Mikoto in the age of 10 already crowned as "Electro Master" (which make her blueprint DNA valuable). The age where the Last order now

If she can, then we will have two biri-biri not so far in the future, Touma?, prepare your right hand....
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 10:08   Link #188
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I haven't hear LO use her ability yet so far. So I can't confirm that one. But maybe the thing of her being advance because she is the one that control or rule over the others as the center core of the network or just server.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 14:00   Link #189
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Last order can use electricity, actually she is Lvl.3 at it.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 20:38   Link #190
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Hmm..if LO already reach Lv.3 at that age, then Full Tuning Misaka will at least directly under (if not the same) level as Biri2, no?

Misaka no.00000 already grow to her prime, while the Imouto's only at par with Biri-biri. Misaka no.10032 show some small electricity control to chase bugs from the cats which implied she is level (at least) 1.

IMO
their rank in "Misaka Electro Throne" is
Biri Biri > Full Tuning Misaka > Last Order Misaka > Misaka Imouto's

Why FT Misaka in the middle?, well...even when she already reach her prime, she still a clone, and the document that Misaka Imouto erased from the lab (when Biri biri infiltrate the Lab) state that they (the Scientist) fail to create perfect clone of Biri2 in term of Power level.

I wonder if FT Misaka show and seduce Touma, what will Biri biri do?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 22:33   Link #191
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Hmm..if LO already reach Lv.3 at that age, then Full Tuning Misaka will at least directly under (if not the same) level as Biri2, no?
Apparently no.

The best the project could do for implanted training to produce Knock off Misaka commandos was level 2 and got canceled because that wasn't worth the effort. Which seems to be boosted to level 3 by the Radio Noise network acting in a manner similar to Level Upper [Or radio Noise has a better Testament program to train them.].

Remember none of the clones are actually as old as they appear. Full tuning and Last Order were just force grown to a different apparent age than the rest.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 00:57   Link #192
hideki101
Bored out of his mind...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in the Local Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Remember none of the clones are actually as old as they appear. Full tuning and Last Order were just force grown to a different apparent age than the rest.
That doesn't quite make sense. They couldn't have made all the sisters at the same time, else there would have been an extremely high one time use of energy to create all the sisters at once, plus they would need to store all the sisters until they were needed (they can't have loosed all the sisters at once, else the city would be inundated with them). True, all the sisters are probably only a few years old, but the higher the serial number of the sisters, the younger they probably are. And didn't Last Order say that she was decanted early (paraphrased I know, but I don't know if she said it), giving that as the reason she's immature?
hideki101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 13:03   Link #193
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideki101 View Post
True, all the sisters are probably only a few years old, but the higher the serial number of the sisters, the younger they probably are.
10032 implies they were all produced before the killing commenced. And we know that the second half of them had been produced before the end and were being hidden round the city. People mention seeing lots of Misakas. It is how Mikoto finds out about the project. Kuroko's response was as expected.

While there may have been multiple batches, each batch only takes 14 days to produce.

The Military Combat Clone project 'Sisters' had got as far as producing the mass production facilities before they noticed the prototype clones were only Level 2 and thus not salable. I'm assuming they used those facilities.

IIRC what Accelerator said the Level 6 project only lasted 6 or 7 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideki101 View Post
And didn't Last Order say that she was decanted early (paraphrased I know, but I don't know if she said it), giving that as the reason she's immature?
And that differs from me saying she haddn't been force grown as far as 10032 how? Full Tuning [00000] was force grown to a rough 20 year old equivalence and looks more like Mikoto's mum IIRC.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 13:29   Link #194
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Full Tuning is a special case cause she was created by Amai Ao. She is out of the Radio Noise system.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 07:45   Link #195
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It's all Aleister Crowley's fault?
- No, it's all Decade's fault...wait.

...I'm actually questioning now, why Magic and Psionics can't be both used by the one person without critical injury on said person. The "Schrodinger's Cat" analogy of Psychics replacing the world's reality with personal reality works for Magic, too. It's almost like they're both the same thing but different--i.e. Japanese Car versus American-made one.

...have any of the Index novels tackled Mikoto going up against a Magician specializing in electrical-themed magic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak
True, all the sisters are probably only a few years old, but the higher the serial number of the sisters, the younger they probably are.
10032 implies they were all produced before the killing commenced. And we know that the second half of them had been produced before the end and were being hidden round the city. People mention seeing lots of Misakas. It is how Mikoto finds out about the project. Kuroko's response was as expected.
- Begging pardon for sounding like an idiot: Define "As expected" for Kuroko?
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 08:01   Link #196
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- No, it's all Decade's fault...wait.

...I'm actually questioning now, why Magic and Psionics can't be both used by the one person without critical injury on said person. The "Schrodinger's Cat" analogy of Psychics replacing the world's reality with personal reality works for Magic, too. It's almost like they're both the same thing but different--i.e. Japanese Car versus American-made one.
Mahh~From what I can tell in the novel, magic seems to follow a different sort of rules... They don't really "subsitute reality" with their own, it's more like say they 'set up' a scenario for their spell to work using artifacts... They follow their own laws which are more symbolic than anything logical.

Anyway to answer your question, my theory is that every spell have a build-up failsafe system that causes an esper's body to 'self-destruct'. A magician can become a esper, but the self-destructing effects only come into play when he/she uses magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...have any of the Index novels tackled Mikoto going up against a Magician specializing in electrical-themed magic?
I don't think she has even fought a magician... Unless you count that oneshot against a Golem...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 13:45   Link #197
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mahh~From what I can tell in the novel, magic seems to follow a different sort of rules... They don't really "subsitute reality" with their own, it's more like say they 'set up' a scenario for their spell to work using artifacts... They follow their own laws which are more symbolic than anything logical.

Anyway to answer your question, my theory is that every spell have a build-up failsafe system that causes an esper's body to 'self-destruct'. A magician can become a esper, but the self-destructing effects only come into play when he/she uses magic.



I don't think she has even fought a magician... Unless you count that oneshot against a Golem...
Magic in Toaruverse is quite Nasuesque, although Toaruverse Magic in my view is much better organized and explained.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 15:22   Link #198
stillmissing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think she has even fought a magician... Unless you count that oneshot against a Golem...
Other than that, the Aztec weapon I suppose from the special railgun novel with the index anime limited release.
stillmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 07:02   Link #199
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Aztec weapon? the only one I know that use aztec weapon is the one with the group the fake unabara.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 19:46   Link #200
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- No, it's all Decade's fault...wait.

...I'm actually questioning now, why Magic and Psionics can't be both used by the one person without critical injury on said person. The "Schrodinger's Cat" analogy of Psychics replacing the world's reality with personal reality works for Magic, too. It's almost like they're both the same thing but different--i.e. Japanese Car versus American-made one.
Magic appears to have built in anti psi booby traps due to its original purpose as an equalizer against ability users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Begging pardon for sounding like an idiot: Define "As expected" for Kuroko?
"How can I get a dozen or two for my own personal harem. Or maybe 64. Squee."
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.