AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-01-02, 16:37   Link #1
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Style colors

I'm referring to the "Quick Style Chooser" to the bottom left of each page, there's about 8 to choose from but my gripe is that they're all overly bright. I personally like darker themes since they're easier on the eyes and I've heard some other people mention it on this forum too. Isn't it possible to incorporate at least one such Style? Here's an example of what I mean when I say 'dark.'

http://halflife2.net/forums/

I think I'd spend a lot more time here than I already do if I could relax my eyes
Old 2010-01-02, 16:57   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

There are a few styles on vbulletin.org, among which black ones as well. Doubt they'll work on a original dark theme given the future upgrade to 4.0 will likely mess it up at this point. Also concerning it being easier on the eyes, thats only valid when you're in a dark room.
Old 2010-01-02, 18:01   Link #3
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Or dimly lit rooms, the ideal setting :P
Old 2010-01-02, 18:54   Link #4
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

As Cats says, we're very unlikely to do anything with the Styles until v4.0 has been fully investigated; owing to the amount of work required to do it right. Depending on what is required for the upgrade and when we think about it more seriously, we might look to invite suggestions and incorporate visual or style changes, but don't count on it. Of course, suggestions are fine, just don't assume we'll adopt them (or get annoyed if we don't)
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 20:32   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Incidentally, one of the problems with adopting a dark theme is that we often run banner competitions that involve a pre-defined background gradient. Darker themes would pretty much require a different gradient in order to not look tacky, and that'd mean you'd have to have either two different versions of each submission, or you'd have to have two different sets of banners. (Or else it'd be like the vBulletin style that has no "branding" at all.)

Not by any means saying it's an insurmountable obstacle, but it's another thing that would have to be considered along with everything else.
Old 2010-01-03, 00:29   Link #6
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
just don't assume we'll adopt them
Haha, don't worry I'm a realist. Just a possibly popular suggestion.