AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-27, 19:38   Link #81
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
am I saying that drawings are equal to reality?... I just said that drawings that contains adult content in it affects malicious persons...
Being that they're already malicious in your example I fail to see the point. A pedophile is going to be more affected by looking out his window and seeing children getting off of a bus than he will by something online. Also the censorship of excessive violence in guro hentai would surely cross over to Spawn, (guessing you're a fan from your sig/avatar) which regularly features excessive violence and gore (not knocking it, i pick up the occasional issue myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
I really hope that this "artistic creation" is NOT protected by the Constitution of the United States or any other country for that matter. Any thoughts on this?
Well you don't play terrorists, but there was a flash game linked to in the "US Draft" topic a few weeks back. Here's the link . Very wierd game, and very biased against bush(but hey who isn't? ), but it was pretty funny (very hard though...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
I found a screenshot and the game homepage I have to say although its entitled 9/11 Survivor it looks incredibaly tasteless and would warn you that if you have any emotional issues surrounding 911 to think twice before following the link in the spoiler brackets.
That "game" looks tasteless, but thankfully it also looks unfinished. Check out how sparsely decorated the interior is. Reminds me of a story a friend of mine at college told me, his younger brother asked him to borrow a copy of Microsoft flight sim after 9/11. I'm betting I don't need to finish this story for you to guess what his brother did....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
Thats not a lie, but hes sure being a good role modle for the rest of the country huh?
In a time when people are losing their jobs for saying that sort of remark on radio/tv it seems hypocritical that he does that and then gets to laugh and joke about it on tv interviews.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 20:24   Link #82
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Anyone not aware of the storm surrounding 911 Survivor at the time can quickly learn all that needs to be known about the project in retrospect from their webpage - namely that it was effectively abandoned barely a month after going live. It really is a moot point.

SCC

Last edited by StoneColdCrazy; 2004-06-27 at 20:26. Reason: Italics are good.
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 21:20   Link #83
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Didn't we have a loli debate about a month ago? And that terrorist 9/11 stuff...from a Canadian point of view, the effects on me is less. I understand it is a tragedy, but I can't help but think some Yankee haters probably secretly think they deserved it. I'm willing to bet some of my friends would play that game. As for freedom of speech...wait it minute...do we have freedom of speech here? Err...need to do some research...

Anyways, after visiting 5chan consistently for while, I'm starting to really miss 4chan. 5chan lacks the "liveliness" of 4chan. People at 5chan seem more conservative. Comments are few and far in between. What happened to the fun captions of images we use to have? I understand 5chan =! 4chan, and never will be. Oh well...back to flooding 5chan (with images...).

Oh P.S. Canadians tomorrow: VOTE!.

Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul...
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 08:30   Link #84
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Also the censorship of excessive violence in guro hentai would surely cross over to Spawn, (guessing you're a fan from your sig/avatar) which regularly features excessive violence and gore (not knocking it, i pick up the occasional issue myself).
Ha!... you did'nt guess well my friend... Im not really a fan of spawn... I just like the way he looks... that's why I put it in my sig/ava...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 08:57   Link #85
Thany
Unfair

I'm sorry to bump such a old topic, but it seems like 4chan is going to resurrect soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Team
Everyone thought it wouldn't happen, but hey look who's back. 4chan has gathered up enough money, support, and a new team to make its fifth and hopefully last reincarnation possible.

By choosing the a team of superlative coders, knowledgeable system administrators (NOT MOOT), and webmasters, we are now working on making 4chan bigger and better than it ever was before. We have learned from our mistakes made in the last few months, and are committed to reviving what 4chan once was--in the days before trouble and dissent arose.

What we are going to try and do this time, is create a more open website for our visitors, where people like you can actually decide on a number of things that will shape the way the new 4chan website will work. 5chan refugees will be happy to hear that 4chan will try to keep a cleaner environment, but still allow a free form of discussion about virtually anything. It'll be like the old 4chan, just without all the crap that made you hate it.

The new 4chan will be bigger and better; and we're going to take 2chan this time for sure. If you're wondering just how we're going to do it: Simple: by combining the efforts of the *chan sites, and taking the best of them all, we will basically create the number one site for image sharing and discussion.

Please bear with us while the site comes back online. The ETA to having the site back to the way it was over a month ago is about one week. Image boards should be up within the next 48 hours, as well as e-mail and an interim discussion board. As always feel free to get on IRC at the old hangout: #4chan @ irc.pyoko.org.

tl;dr: The original is back, get the word out!

NB : Woot! No more Moot! ^_^
Old 2004-08-07, 17:21   Link #86
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Wow I have never heard of any of these 4chan and 5chan before... I feel so ... ignorant >_<
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 17:31   Link #87

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma Send a message via Skype™ to Karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepiraph
Wow I have never heard of any of these 4chan and 5chan before... I feel so ... ignorant >_<
They're image boards full of the wonders of the anime obsessed. Check them out once they come back.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 18:37   Link #88
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
well there's always 2chan...
Old 2004-08-12, 11:25   Link #89
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
4chan is back online: www.4chan.org
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 13:55   Link #90
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
4chan is back online: www.4chan.org

im never leaving the mecha board T_T

#anime-classic
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 15:09   Link #91
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Yeah, this just made my day. 4chan's dead and back more times than a zombie in Resident Evil (insert your own joke here). Whoo, let the image spamming commence !

Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul...
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote