AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-02-16, 20:16   Link #1
Utter_iMADNESS
Life's better in a harem.
*Graphic Designer

Thumbnails in Vista Ultimate 64-bit (avi, mkv, mpeg, etc.)

So I finally upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64-bit and was very excited, but when I went to watch Death Note (I have it in .avi and .mkv), I noticed that They didnt have any thumbnails, I then also noticed that most of my videos didnt have any thumbs either (some videos had thumbs for some reason). So I downloaded CCCP and checked the thumbnails option, but that didnt help either.

So I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem or if anyone knows a solution. I have already Googled it and I have looked around AnimeSuki but I havnt found anything that works with me.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: I got the normal formats to work now, but I can't get the .mkv files to work. I've checked the show thumbnail option in CCCP and the Haali Media splitter, but I still can't get it to work.

Edit: When I restarted my computer the problem came back :'( So now I'm really pissed off at this!

Last edited by Utter_iMADNESS; 2008-02-16 at 21:37.
Utter_iMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 14:02   Link #2
Eviltape

You'll have to view them in the 32-bit Explorer for thumbnails to be cached. Make a shortcut with this path, and navigate to the MKV-filled folder. After you generate thumbnails with the 32-bit Explorer, you can see it in the regular x64 one too.

Code:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe /seperate
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 14:12   Link #3
Utter_iMADNESS
*Graphic Designer

Awesome! Thanks a lot! I also heard that there's a K-Light Codec pack for 64-bit systems which shows thumbnails in the 64-bit browser.
Has anyone tried K-Light codecs, and are they any good compared to CCCP?

Thanks.
Old 2008-02-17, 15:00   Link #4
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

K-Lite Codec Packs are NOT a good choice. They include useless filters and other stuff that will bloat your system and might cause conflicts and whatnot. Just stay away from them.
Daiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 15:23   Link #5
Utter_iMADNESS
*Graphic Designer

I see. Well thanks for your advice. I guess I'll be sticking to the 32-bit explorer...unless there are any other ways
Old 2008-05-17, 01:47   Link #6
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Hello, and man you are very lucky I stopped by AS forums to find a solution to my problem.

This issue occurs because you need 64bit directshow filters in order to view generate thumbnails under a 64bit environment. You must first uninstall CCCP, then install K-Lite [FULL ver] Codec pack followed by the 64bit pack addon.

This solves the problem. I've been using K-Lite for a while now and find it just as easy to use as CCCP except with access to more expert type options.
Old 2008-05-17, 01:49   Link #7
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
The Vista Codec Pack has a 64-bit version. Obviously you'd need to uninstall any other codec packs before installing it, and you also need to turn UAC off or put in silent mode while installing (they provide a utility to do this on the page).
Old 2008-05-17, 02:20   Link #8
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj View Post
The Vista Codec Pack has a 64-bit version. Obviously you'd need to uninstall any other codec packs before installing it, and you also need to turn UAC off or put in silent mode while installing (they provide a utility to do this on the page).
This works just fine too to my understanding, I ran over this while searching for a solution, however, K-Lite has been around and uses all of there codecs from the open source community.
Old 2008-05-17, 11:29   Link #9
Eviltape

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOforever1 View Post
This works just fine too to my understanding, I ran over this while searching for a solution, however, K-Lite has been around and uses all of there codecs from the open source community.
You could just use the 64 bit ffdshow-tryouts build.
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 02:47   Link #10
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltape View Post
You'll have to view them in the 32-bit Explorer for thumbnails to be cached. Make a shortcut with this path, and navigate to the MKV-filled folder. After you generate thumbnails with the 32-bit Explorer, you can see it in the regular x64 one too.

Code:
I think you meant
Code:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe /separate
Old 2010-01-12, 02:18   Link #11
FrozenInferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltape View Post

Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utter_iMADNESS View Post
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
Sorry to bring such an old thread back from the dead, but did that really work for you? Cuz it didn't work for me... =/
FrozenInferno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
graphics, vista