AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Old 2009-05-08, 10:47   Link #381
ershin

does anyone have the mkv version from AQS-TWH-Sprocket? If you do can you please do me a favor, post or pm me their subs/fonts? I can't find a ddl link for their movie And i can't use torrents... Tnx
ershin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 17:27   Link #382
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

The only thing this movie has over the TV series is combat teacher Kouko, though she wasn't even supposed to be there half the time.
Old 2009-08-21, 05:18   Link #383
TCman

I have watched Clannad the Movie several months ago. I guess it was okay, but in my opinion the movie is way too fragmented, flashbacks here, flashbacks there, suddenly this and suddenly that; because the fragmentation of plots and story the movie is quite confusing to watch. It's the same with Air the Movie, it's also too fragmented. The TV series is far consistent in terms of pacing and composition.

The anime movie creators did add the scene where Tomoya get hurt by his father, the reason he can't play basketball anymore - in the TV series it's only mentioned.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 07:41   Link #384
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
I sort of like how his injury was only mentioned, sort of put the feeling of that you knew he got hurt (both emotionally and physically) but it was always sort of a mystery, you could only imagine how bad it was.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:29   Link #385
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
I sort of like how his injury was only mentioned, sort of put the feeling of that you knew he got hurt (both emotionally and physically) but it was always sort of a mystery, you could only imagine how bad it was.
I'd also have to agree with this, because it also added another layer to Tomoya's character at that point. It also made us understand why Tomoya resented his father so much and what I enjoyed about the TV series rather than the movie is that Tomoya's father wasn't a bad parent in reality.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 10:10   Link #386
Aqua Knight

Is it worth watching?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 13:01   Link #387
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
If you really want too, I don't care if it's about 30 episodes fit into a movie, I still don't like it too much. Plus they ruined the dango song.
Old 2009-09-20, 16:50   Link #388
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Amazed on how Toei manage to fit a long visual novel into a 90 minute movie, but I was still disappointed, due to the fact that the animation reminded me of Kanon 2002, but not as bad... This is because I'm so used to Kyoto Animation's design for their characters that I forgot all the sudden.

The way they handle the pregnancy scene was anti-climatic and I felt that it could be done better than it supposed to. The problem with this and the other adaptations Toei did was not that faithful to the visual novel and there is alot of made up content (primarily because of the time constraints). The movie was good, but I'm still left disappointed because they could have done better.

Overall Rating: 6.8/10 -> 7/10, D+, Average

Full review of Clannad Movie and thoughts on my Blog
Old 2009-09-20, 18:40   Link #389
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well I'll just say one thing about the movie when I tried watching it.

It is very... bright, almost like someone's following them with a spotlight or something. AHHH!!
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:15   Link #390
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

It is very... bright, almost like someone's following them with a spotlight or something. AHHH!!
Yeah, I couldn't quite get into the movie. I did try watching it but the characters felt bland. It just didn't feel right.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 06:27   Link #391
Chami-sensei
Terminally tired

I watched the movie a few days ago, awhile after finishing the TV season. I was shocked at first at how different the characters were but mostly Nagisa. After getting over that shock and trying to view the film without comparing it the film did become enjoyable, sure not as good as the TV series but worth watching.

I didn't mind most the story changes and actually liked what they did with the other world since the original story would have no chance of fitting let alone make sense in that time frame. Toei did overdo the background effects though, which was sometimes jarring. The dango song while different was more cheery which did fit this version of Nagisa.

Overall it was a good movie but one should try not to compare since the TV series is better almost everyway but due to spoilers in the movie the TV series should be watched first for a better experience. My favourite change had to be Tomoya's dad though.
Spoiler for movie/anime difference:
Old 2009-09-21, 11:33   Link #392
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

I noticed that alot... Why Toei Animation decided to use so much light? It almost look like the ending of Kano and Minagi's arc in Air which they use alot of light, but not nearly as much as Toei does...

Also, the split screens are annoying a little bit.

Makes me wonder, should I even bother with the Air movie after watching what Toei did to the Clannad movie?
Old 2009-09-21, 12:48   Link #393
Chami-sensei
Terminally tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Makes me wonder, should I even bother with the Air movie after watching what Toei did to the Clannad movie?
Just to save space, no spoilers:

Spoiler for AIR movie:

I prefer the Clannad movie over the Air one but dislike the way both of them ended though for opposite reasons.
Old 2009-09-21, 14:31   Link #394
ginytah

Quote:
I noticed that alot... Why Toei Animation decided to use so much light? It almost look like the ending of Kano and Minagi's arc in Air which they use alot of light, but not nearly as much as Toei does...

Also, the split screens are annoying a little bit.

Air movie is awesome. watch it. personally, I liked it more than the anime, but that's just my opinion
Old 2009-09-21, 15:12   Link #395
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:

Also, the split screens are annoying a little bit. The screencap on your blog is a good example. Hard to judge a movie when you can't see lots of it.

It's too bright as well, but not as bad. The screencap for your blog shows exactly what is wrong with the Clannad movie. Hard to like a movie you can't really see.

Spoiler for Thoughts on Air Movie:

I will say one thing good about the Clannad Movie, and that it may be good for people who didn't like the tv series that much.

Spoiler for those that finished both seasons of Clannad:
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 07:08   Link #396
FireChick

I wonder if this movie is gonna be licensed? Or, if we're lucky, DUBBED (unlike the series, which has suffered the tragedy of a lack of a dub). Carrie Savage would make a GREAT Nagisa!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 01:30   Link #397
mammothb
ここここのバカ犬!!!

Send a message via MSN to mammothb
i just watched CLANNAD the movie. i took some time to accept the changes in the character drawing. the first meeting of nagisa and tomoya at the bottom of the hill still got me teary. but that was pretty much it. maybe i had some biased opinion after watching the toei ver. of kanon and KyoAni's ver. of kanon. the rest of the clannad movie was not as touching as i had hoped it to be.

but there 2 plus points i liked about the movie, the rushing of people when it's lunch break(somehow they always say people rush to lunch but it was kind of hard for me to imagine it, now that they animated it, it solved my prob). another was how tomoya's father played a part in helping him get better. i feel it's more appropriate this way, since the father is older(with more experience in life) to guide tomoya instead of the original way where tomoya helped his father.
Old 2009-12-30, 06:57   Link #398
Knightrunner

I like the anime better than the movie. in the movie Tomoya is just very depressing. I don't know what Nagisa saw in that guy in the movie.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 08:36   Link #399
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Anime > Movie.

From these at least. lol. XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 20:37   Link #400
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

So I grabbed a box version of Clannad, Clannad AS and Clannad the Movie (with free Soundtrack! ) and frankly they KILLED THE HILL!

IT'S NO LONGER A FUCKING HILL!

IT LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING PINK HIGHLY DRAMATIC WIND AND GLOWY ROAD!

And the characters look retarded...

And the story is screwd up too.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, movie, romance, school life, seinen, toei