AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-01-14, 01:23   Link #41
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx116 View Post
Am I the only one wondering how Inazuma got in Iva's hair?
Well, the ship was destroyed when Luffy and the others arrived, so Inazuma had to end up somewhere. So, where better than on top of Ivankov’s over large melon .

Plus, it allows us to make up some jokes, like..."Inazuma is on Ivankov's mind", etc...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 01:40   Link #42
Tommy
Mr. Prince

It should be interesting to see what happens the next few chapters. The fact still remains that what Kizaru told Luffy a few chapters back still stands tall... "You lack the proper tools... Sheer guts alone won't be enough to save him."

However Luffy manages to get past Garp, Sengoku is still just chilling at the top waiting. Garp vs Sengoku could neutralize that problem though, I'm still hoping Garp backs with his family . And if Ace does manage to get freed, I wonder what sort of fighting condition he'd be in? Because he would be a major asset to the fight if he could be freed.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 03:24   Link #43
seiji_kun

Quote:
The man was down due to Magellan's poison so like James said, he had to end somemwhere and I guess Iva stuck him in his air cause it was the best place he could think of to easely watch over him. Just brilliant and hilarious, his big head ain't only to power up his death winks but can also be used to hide people in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
It should be interesting to see what happens the next few chapters. The fact still remains that what Kizaru told Luffy a few chapters back still stands tall... "You lack the proper tools... Sheer guts alone won't be enough to save him."

However Luffy manages to get past Garp, Sengoku is still just chilling at the top waiting. Garp vs Sengoku could neutralize that problem though, I'm still hoping Garp backs with his family . And if Ace does manage to get freed, I wonder what sort of fighting condition he'd be in? Because he would be a major asset to the fight if he could be freed.
I just hope Luffy will show those serious eyes he occasionaly shows and will ask Garp if he knows what he's doing and if his position is really more important to him then his family. I mean, that last sentence: I'm a vice-admiral of the marine HQ just screams for such a reply. And same here, I've been waiting for Luffy to push him to follow his heart and expecting him to aid Luffy in the end and to hold of Sengoku while Luffy saves him.
Old 2010-01-14, 06:13   Link #44
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And so it looks like we've got confirmation of at least 5 people with Haoushoku Haki, now (Luffy, Whitebeard, Shanks, Hancock, and most likely Dragon. Heck, we may even have 6 if Rayleigh counts). This is probably one of Oda's ways of singling out the strongest folks in the Grand Line, methinks. If so, I suppose we can also expect the other 2 Yonkou to possess the king's ambition as well.....
Where does it say that Whitebeard and SHanks has Haoushoku Haki??

'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 06:53   Link #45
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Where does it say that Whitebeard and SHanks has Haoushoku Haki??
In first page, Mangastreams scan just has tons of translation errors, find Aohiges post on previous page for correct translations...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 10:23   Link #46
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

this would be a good time for dragon to appear
Old 2010-01-14, 11:39   Link #47
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
BTW, I notice that Makugai has a lightning-enhanced sword in that spread with all the NW captains. Looks like he lives up to his alias of "Thunder Lord", after all! Still, I wonder if that's the result of a DF power, since we already have a thunder Logia with Eneru. Maybe it's a Paramecia ability instead, like the static-static fruit or something.....?
How about biri-biri
Old 2010-01-14, 11:41   Link #48
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
The man was down due to Magellan's poison so like James said, he had to end somemwhere and I guess Iva stuck him in his air cause it was the best place he could think of to easely watch over him. Just brilliant and hilarious, his big head ain't only to power up his death winks but can also be used to hide people in.

I just hope Luffy will show those serious eyes he occasionaly shows and will ask Garp if he knows what he's doing and if his position is really more important to him then his family. I mean, that last sentence: I'm a vice-admiral of the marine HQ just screams for such a reply. And same here, I've been waiting for Luffy to push him to follow his heart and expecting him to aid Luffy in the end and to hold of Sengoku while Luffy saves him.

Or maybe Garp will let Luffy win or allow Luffy to blow him away just long enuff for Luffy to reach the platform.

I'm hoping It'll be Whitebeard vs Sengoku. Its pretty clear those 2 are old rivals much like Garp & Roger...and of course they're the leaders of their respective sides.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 12:52   Link #49
Tsukou

Not sure where I should post this, but since this is semi-relevant, I've been thinking about Kizaru, and that maybe his ability has a couple weaknesses. Like, I've been trying to rationalize people using blades against him, and even though I doubt it, perhaps reflections has to do with it a little. Like, since he has a destination in mind, to turn in and out of light, if cut in between with a reflective object, maybe that's enough to stop him? But it's all speculation. I guess I'm trying to figure out a way to fight him without the whole "it's haki" argument.

Anyways, as always, good chapter, bad cliffhanger making me want more
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 13:01   Link #50
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
Not sure where I should post this, but since this is semi-relevant, I've been thinking about Kizaru, and that maybe his ability has a couple weaknesses. Like, I've been trying to rationalize people using blades against him, and even though I doubt it, perhaps reflections has to do with it a little. Like, since he has a destination in mind, to turn in and out of light, if cut in between with a reflective object, maybe that's enough to stop him? But it's all speculation. I guess I'm trying to figure out a way to fight him without the whole "it's haki" argument.
Your questions/theories would be appropriate to place in the "General Discussion on the Marines/Navy" thread. Take them over there and we can discuss this matter further.
Old 2010-01-14, 14:37   Link #51
Battler-kun

"Shiryuu will be Zoro's Final Opponent."

Very possible, if Blackbeard D. Teach is one of the final boss for Luffy.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 14:39   Link #52
marvelB

Quote:

Considering how big Iva can make his head grow with his DF power, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he could contain an entire army in his 'do. Capone "Gang" Bege, eat your heart out.

Also, I'm crossing my fingers for more VA action next chapter. Most of the grunts got taken out by Whitebeard's forces anyway, so that just leaves the big boys, now! I think I'm most interested in seeing Doberman reveal whatever abilities he has. I'm hoping that he's a Zoan like Onigumo and that dalmation dude, but maybe he can up the ante by transforming into an Awakened form......

Oh, and we should totally see more of Tsuru's badass laundry powers.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 19:13   Link #53
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Or maybe Garp will let Luffy win or allow Luffy to blow him away just long enuff for Luffy to reach the platform.

I'm hoping It'll be Whitebeard vs Sengoku. Its pretty clear those 2 are old rivals much like Garp & Roger...and of course they're the leaders of their respective sides.
Same here, I hope Whitebeard vs Sengoku will still happen but I just want to see Garp hold Sengoku of to give Luffy enough time to free Ace and get back to WB's side. It shouldn't take all that long for him to uncuff Ace and run away. Then Sengoku can go chase them and WB can still face him bye beeing the one forced to stop Sengoku who will be forced to take action.

Quote:
Also, I'm crossing my fingers for more VA action next chapter. Most of the grunts got taken out by Whitebeard's forces anyway, so that just leaves the big boys, now! I think I'm most interested in seeing Doberman reveal whatever abilities he has. I'm hoping that he's a Zoan like Onigumo and that dalmation dude, but maybe he can up the ante by transforming into an Awakened form......
And you'll get it with Garp, a few panels I could live with of the others where some of them hold their own against some New World captains but they are hardly what I'm interested at atm. I want to continue see the real big dogs in action now like the admirals / Garp / Sengoku, WB and to know how Jozu and Marco will get out of their predicament and an other big one, what will Squad do. Though obvious I think the focus should be 80% on Garp now. So basicly screw the VAs, except one.
Old 2010-01-14, 20:20   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Same here, I hope Whitebeard vs Sengoku will still happen but I just want to see Garp hold Sengoku of to give Luffy enough time to free Ace and get back to WB's side. It shouldn't take all that long for him to uncuff Ace and run away. Then Sengoku can go chase them and WB can still face him bye beeing the one forced to stop Sengoku who will be forced to take action.
You're not accounting at all for the 3 admirals, 4 warlords (Mihawk, Moria, Kuma, and Doflamingo), and several other Vice admirals. Do you think these individuals are going to stand idle and let Luffy do as he pleases? I don't think so. Therefore, it's not going to be as easy to rescue Ace as you seem to suggest.
Old 2010-01-14, 20:48   Link #55
marvelB

Quote:
And you'll get it with Garp, a few panels I could live with of the others where some of them hold their own against some New World captains but they are hardly what I'm interested at atm. I want to continue see the real big dogs in action now like the admirals / Garp / Sengoku, WB and to know how Jozu and Marco will get out of their predicament and an other big one, what will Squad do. Though obvious I think the focus should be 80% on Garp now. So basicly screw the VAs, except one.

Sorry, but I loves me some VAs. While I'm undoubtedly interested in seeing Garp dish out some Fists of Tough Love on his grandkid, I still crave some action from the other non-fodder VAs, as well (particularly Doberman, as I already noted before). After all, those guys are the strongest soldiers in the marines after the admirals (with the exception of Garp, of course), so I think those guys deserve their fair share of screentime, as well.....

Oh, and does anyone else find it funny that Marco, despite being one of (if not, THE) strongest of Whitebeard's commanders, did so little before he got taken out by the marines? Seriously, I think Jozu and Vista accomplished more than he did.....
Old 2010-01-14, 20:52   Link #56
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Epic chapter, Garp being the one to stop luffy was predictable yet still symbolic.

So the way whitebeard talked about will of d it seemingly confirms that all of the people with the will of D have the power to bring about a great pirate age. I wonder though how it has relations with the lost history.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 21:24   Link #57
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Oh, and does anyone else find it funny that Marco, despite being one of (if not, THE) strongest of Whitebeard's commanders, did so little before he got taken out by the marines? Seriously, I think Jozu and Vista accomplished more than he did.....
Out of those 3 commanders, I'd say that Jozu has done the most, followed by Marco and then Vista.

What Jozu has done so far:
- Intercepted Mihawk's slash that was aimed for Whitebeard.
- Threw a huge chunk of ice at several marine giants, only to have it evaporated by Akainu's magma fist.
- Punched (and damaged for that matter) Crocodile with his diamond arm.
- Shattered Aokiji with a tackle.

What Marco has done so far:
- Had a little showdown with Kizaru.
- Saved Luffy from getting killed by Aokiji.

What Vista has done so far:
- Had a brief skirmish with Mihawk after stopping him from pursuing Luffy any further.

Keep in mind also that Marco and Jozu have had more screen time, so it's only natural they would have done more so far.
Old 2010-01-14, 21:56   Link #58
marvelB

^Vista also protected Luffy from the marines' artillery this very chapter. Still, when you compare Vista saving Luffy's ass twice and Jozu's throwing a gigantic iceberg and tackling Logias left and right, it kinda feels like Marco accomplished jack in comparison. And again, I just find it funny since he has what's definitely one of the most powerful/broken DFs we've seen in the series by far......
Old 2010-01-14, 22:15   Link #59
james0246

^Why are we comparing the various commanders penis size...I mean accomplishments? We are focused on maybe 1/10th of the total battlefield, so I see no reason to compare the commanders against each other, especially considering we have seen very little of what they can do.

That being said, Marco and Jozu, not the other commanders, are there to fight the Admirals....
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 22:21   Link #60
marvelB

^Well, my point was that I was kinda expecting a bit more from Marco since he's.... y'know, a freaking phoenix Zoan. But nope, all he did was get some seastone cuffs slapped on him, followed by laser rape from Kizaru. Maybe he'll do something amazing when he gets freed from those cuffs, but currently I'm kinda disappointed in the first division commander.....