AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-14, 16:19   Link #1
Guido
Halloween

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Finally, I did it!

Nearly a year passed away since I begin downloading Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (anime).

I downloaded and watched all episodes. Today, I finished the anime with the last episode.

My thoughts:

I was both disappointed and moved with the ending episode.

Negative:
Marrons' parents throughout the entire anime (this episode included) never did they showed up in real time. Only during flashbacks sequences and the second OP video.

I think the last showdown between Jeanne (Marron) v.s. Da-Tenshi Fin was slightly anti-climatic plus fast paced.

I felt the ending was incompleted. Like if it needs something more to be filled up. There was something missing.

Positive:
Chiaki proved to be fairly useful for the final episode, supporting and encouraging a nearly distressed, defeated Marron.

Da-Tenshi Fin, IMO, demonstrated to be a quite elaborated villainess.

Because I'm such a sentimental guy, Marron's speech toward Fin moved me very much.
__________________________________________________ __________

Just like I said, the anime is practically 90% a plethora of filler episodes.

Only the last eight episodes are worth enough to watch and left me with a cliffhanger.

The problem I encountered with the anime ending is, like I said before, it was incompleted and rushed. It needed something more; finishing up to 44 episodes it was not enough time to fully develop Da-Tenshi Fin into a more serious villainess, if I recall that she returns in episode 41.

Besides it left me with two important doubts at the end:

Spoiler:

The anime finale ended with a cliffhanger. Well, that's what I felt.

I AM THE EVIL
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 16:55   Link #2
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Kamikase Kaitou Saint Tail was better; the plot was better and the soundtrack seemed a bit improved compared to Jeanne's OST work,but i the end it was the same plot same goal !! steal and never get caught
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 22:05   Link #3
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Finally, I did it!

Nearly a year passed away since I begin downloading Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (anime).

I downloaded and watched all episodes. Today, I finished the anime with the last episode.

My thoughts:

I was both disappointed and moved with the ending episode.

Negative:
Marrons' parents throughout the entire anime (this episode included) never did they showed up in real time. Only during flashbacks sequences and the second OP video.

I think the last showdown between Jeanne (Marron) v.s. Da-Tenshi Fin was slightly anti-climatic plus fast paced.

I felt the ending was incompleted. Like if it needs something more to be filled up. There was something missing.

Positive:
Chiaki proved to be fairly useful for the final episode, supporting and encouraging a nearly distressed, defeated Marron.

Da-Tenshi Fin, IMO, demonstrated to be a quite elaborated villainess.

Because I'm such a sentimental guy, Marron's speech toward Fin moved me very much.
__________________________________________________ __________

Just like I said, the anime is practically 90% a plethora of filler episodes.

Only the last eight episodes are worth enough to watch and left me with a cliffhanger.

The problem I encountered with the anime ending is, like I said before, it was incompleted and rushed. It needed something more; finishing up to 44 episodes it was not enough time to fully develop Da-Tenshi Fin into a more serious villainess, if I recall that she returns in episode 41.

Besides it left me with two important doubts at the end:

Spoiler:

The anime finale ended with a cliffhanger. Well, that's what I felt.

read the manga. It explains a lot and is a whole lot better

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 22:20   Link #4
tyciol
*Artist

So Joan of Arc was just featured on deadliest warrior and this got me wondering about various manga and anime based on her and I found out about this one. I didn't make the connection when I heard the name before, that's pretty cool.

Apparently there are other manga out there without anime yet. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ga.php?id=2646 Joan is a more specific manga.

She has also been featured in Ashita no Nadja (very good series) in a flash back where she planted flowers in a field.

I did not get very far in the Shaman King series (watched some on TV, only own first DVD volume) but apparently this later character is also based on Joan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Maiden_Jeanne

AfterSchool Charisma: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterschool_Charisma is another new manga which sounds kinda like Clone High. I really hope they make an anime of this too.

Apparently she's also been in Hetalia Axis Powers episode 10 in relation to the hundred years war. Has anyone shipped her + France yet?

"D'arcmon" also is apparently in the 7th Digimon movie. Her attack "La Pucelle" reminds me of that videogame that preceded Disgaea where Priere and Baal originated.

A "St. Joan" card is also apparently used in episode 107 of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime.

I own the Witchblade DVD collection but haven't watched it yet, but I heard Joan is a Witchblade wielder in it so this sounds like a good reason to see it too.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote