Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-05, 22:51   Link #1
BanditKing

Peace Maker air on Anime Network?

In the Press Release that ADV release.here

There is an anime call Peace Maker which most likely mean Peacemaker Kurogane
is going to air on Anime Network and which mean its is licensed.

The real question is who licensed.

On the list there are show that are from Geneon and Right stuf too so it could be one of them who licensed it.So anybody guess is as good as mine.

My Thought:I have never seen geneon air any show that doesn't have a release nor an annouced yet.I don't think Right stuf have it either.My guess is that ADV has it because of the deal they make with Mag Garden and been serectly dubing it.

So what are yours guess?
Old 2004-05-05, 23:14   Link #2
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
My guess is that ADV has it, since that's pretty much all they have on the Anime Network. They also have the money and it's believed that ADV also put up some of the money for the show's production (though this may or may not be true.)
Old 2004-05-06, 06:45   Link #3
oDin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
My guess is that ADV has it, since that's pretty much all they have on the Anime Network. They also have the money and it's believed that ADV also put up some of the money for the show's production (though this may or may not be true.)
Chobits which is a Geneon title and a couple Rightstuf titles air on AN. It is very likely ADV does have the license though I wouldn't mind Geneon picking this one up either.
Old 2004-05-06, 08:36   Link #4
Suikun

So far, Anime Network has only aired two titles from outside distributors - Chobits from Geneon (oDin01 said) and Boogiepop Phantom from Right Stuf. So, my guess is that ADV has it. If Geneon or Right Stuf had it, they wouldn't announce it this way - they'd make a big deal of it through the DVDs and probably wait at least until half the DVDs are available before getting it on Anime Network.

*sigh*
[start rant about Anime Network]
Now if only the show being on Anime Network meant I could see it. Yes, I get Anime Network through my Comcast, but (and I'm going to assume it's my area's Comcast's fault) they never NEVER put what they're supposed to on their line-up. I've been stuck with old titles that shoulda' been outta' here... 2 months ago, meanwhile I haven't seen even one episode of Chobits or many others that the Newtype listings says I should have, and Magical Shopping Arcade just suddenly appeared out of nowhere a week ago at episode 6. Grr... [/rant about Anime Network]
Old 2004-08-14, 23:15   Link #5
MySalsa

Peacemaker Korugane in canada?

I was just wondering who/when liscenced PeaceMaker Korugane and if they're gonna release it on DVD in canada/air on t.v. in Canada. Or have they allready and i just didnt look hard enough for it?
Old 2004-08-14, 23:48   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySalsa
I was just wondering who/when liscenced PeaceMaker Korugane and if they're gonna release it on DVD in canada/air on t.v. in Canada. Or have they allready and i just didnt look hard enough for it?
Given that YTV seems to be acquiring the rights to Witch Hunter Robin, .hack//SIGN, SD Gundam and Gundam SEED you won't be seeing the series on television anytime soon. You will of course be able to purchase the DVDs when they start coming out in October.

It's not that you're not looking hard enough, the series just hasn't been released in North America yet.
Old 2004-08-14, 23:54   Link #7
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
You should've seen the fansubbed version when you had the chance, that was a great anime.
Old 2004-08-15, 00:04   Link #8
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by husyk
You should've seen the fansubbed version when you had the chance, that was a great anime.
What difference will there be between the Japanese release and the North American release? Aside from the DVDs including the English dialogue and professional translations for the subtitles it'll be the exact same series.

MySalsa will still get to see the series except now they'll have to buy it and support the industry.
Old 2004-08-15, 04:19   Link #9
Just a subtitler ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
What difference will there be between the Japanese release and the North American release? Aside from the DVDs including the English dialogue and professional translations for the subtitles it'll be the exact same series.
It's one of my projects, actually. ^_^

has quite a few of those at the moment
Old 2004-08-15, 04:26   Link #10
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper

MySalsa will still get to see the series except now they'll have to buy it and support the industry.

"Professional" subtitles means what exactly? I can't believe with the technology out there adv etc can't spice up the subs a little. But then like some one said it's not the subs that sell these dvds but the dubs.
Old 2004-08-15, 04:29   Link #11
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarADV
It's one of my projects, actually. ^_^

has quite a few of those at the moment

Are you the one who has to make up names for sister princess? Also i was wondering why you dropped the Kurogane from the title? I mean there really isn't a reason I can think of to drop it.

Last edited by DekaMaster; 2004-08-15 at 04:42.
Old 2004-08-15, 10:45   Link #12
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Quote:
I can't believe with the technology out there adv etc can't spice up the subs a little.
DVD subtitles are very bad. They're very technologically weak as defined by the spec. Fansubbers get away with more cause they tend to embed the subs in the video. So the companies do what they can. RightStuf, who have tried more tricks with subtitles than anyone else, knows how hard it is to create a functional dvd with complex subs.

That and I don't get what you mean by "spice up." If you mean using crazy colors, ugly and hard to read fonts, and animation, then I'm glad they don't.
Old 2004-08-15, 13:06   Link #13
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
DVD subtitles are very bad. They're very technologically weak as defined by the spec. Fansubbers get away with more cause they tend to embed the subs in the video. So the companies do what they can. RightStuf, who have tried more tricks with subtitles than anyone else, knows how hard it is to create a functional dvd with complex subs.

That and I don't get what you mean by "spice up." If you mean using crazy colors, ugly and hard to read fonts, and animation, then I'm glad they don't.

I mean something other than pale yellow.
Old 2004-08-15, 14:06   Link #14
Just a subtitler ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
I mean something other than pale yellow.
Well, they're not pale yellow; it's a pretty solid yellow.

Remember that these things are designed for viewing on NTSC televisions. Certain color combinations, even though they work just fine on a monitor, do strange things on a television. (Easiest to see this with "red oversaturation", but there are other combinations that work too.) White/black and yellow/black are easily visible color combinations that work and play well with each other; this is important with subtitles, because you have to have a lot of sharp detail in a relatively small space and if they're bleeding over each other, you won't be able to read them. Yellow's slightly preferable to white, especially because solid yellow backgrounds are pretty uncommon, and subs that are the same color as the background can be hard to read.

So yes, of course you could do something other than yellow, but you don't WANT to, because it's the best thing for the job. And personally, I'd rather have the subtitles unobtrusive and plain-vanilla and leave the creativity to the script that's -in- those subtitles, thanks. ;p

Didn't have anything to do with Sister Princess (well, not on the subtitling end ;p) and no clue on the title.
Old 2004-08-15, 14:51   Link #15
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarADV
So yes, of course you could do something other than yellow, but you don't WANT to, because it's the best thing for the job. And personally, I'd rather have the subtitles unobtrusive and plain-vanilla and leave the creativity to the script that's -in- those subtitles, thanks. ;p

Didn't have anything to do with Sister Princess (well, not on the subtitling end ;p) and no clue on the title.
I don't wanna bash anyone but personally I HATE yellow subtitles. I prefer white one with black borders. I don't know if that is so much of a problem to do on DVD's, because I have no knowledge of the technology behind it. But if you ask me, good readable white subtitles are the best.
Old 2004-08-15, 15:12   Link #16
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Are you the one who has to make up names for sister princess? Also i was wondering why you dropped the Kurogane from the title? I mean there really isn't a reason I can think of to drop it.
Because ADV is using the original logo, which has the word "Peacemaker" in English surrounded by some Japanese lettering.
Old 2004-08-16, 08:14   Link #17
Just a subtitler ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I don't wanna bash anyone but personally I HATE yellow subtitles. I prefer white one with black borders. I don't know if that is so much of a problem to do on DVD's, because I have no knowledge of the technology behind it. But if you ask me, good readable white subtitles are the best.
Okay, but white subtitles -aren't- as good as yellow ones, and you're several times more likely to have a white background behind them than you are a yellow one. I mean, it's not the end of the world to have white subtitles with a black border, but it's a second-best choice.
Old 2006-07-28, 05:50   Link #18
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'm actually half-way thru this anime and so far it's OK, but the first couple of episodes showed alot of action that was really intense...The next 8 or 9 eps have had little to no action, but when there are scenes of ninjas or samurais fighting it's always pretty damn good....So I'm kinda frustrated and wondering does the action kick up a gear in the second half of the series??
Old 2006-07-28, 18:14   Link #19
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I happen to like the quieter side of PK - sort of a "slice of life" drama about the Shinsengumi. But yes, the action ratchets up quite a bit in the second half.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, historical