AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 16:02   Link #1
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

"receiving corrupt data" message

I'm using ktorrent these days and occasionally I get consistent "receiving corrupt data" messages from the nyaatorrents tracker. This is happening today for gg's release of Aoi Bungaku 7-8. I've managed to download the file anyway and am now seeding, but this isn't the first time I've gotten this error. nyaa in particular seems very problematic these days. Am I alone in having these issues?
Old 2009-12-07, 16:06   Link #2
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm using ktorrent these days and occasionally I get consistent "receiving corrupt data" messages from the nyaatorrents tracker. This is happening today for gg's release of Aoi Bungaku 7-8. I've managed to download the file anyway and am now seeding, but this isn't the first time I've gotten this error. nyaa in particular seems very problematic these days. Am I alone in having these issues?
Try to set ktorrent to automatically ban the IP's that repeatedly send you the bad data.

Very often there are people within a torrent swarm that have bad data or their network is behaving oddly, and that data s sent to you.

So the torrent applications job is to block these peers or seeds that have data that has been messed up... and not annoy you with it.

Most people don't even know that there are several bad data blocks that get sent to them, their client just blocks it and says nothing about it... if you turn that feature off however... you are in for a world of surprises... especially trojan surprises.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 16:10   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The message appears to apply to the tracker itself, at least that the way ktorrent reports it. Is the tracker simply reporting on problems among the peers?
Old 2010-01-18, 18:17   Link #4
lfk
everything is con-able

Send a message via MSN to lfk
"receiving corrupt data" means that the tracker(nyaa) does not know how answer your request.
it's the tracker who "receiving corrupt data",not your computer.

i think the most probable reason is the data packet was damaged during the transmission.
you can manually update the tracker(as in uTorrent,right click on the mission,choose the 'Update Tracker') for a try.
Good luck to you~

BTW,nyaa娘很萌,你不要黑他.....>.<