AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-11, 17:03   Link #1
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Light hearted fun anime?

Recently I feel that I've watching too much serious and tragic romance stories and frankly, I am depressed due to all the...well tragedies. So now I'm going to revert back to my old self by asking you ppl this question:

does anybody know an anime similar to Slam Dunk in terms of its comedy, length, storyline and light romance?
Old 2004-08-13, 15:25   Link #2
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Recently I feel that I've watching too much serious and tragic romance stories and frankly, I am depressed due to all the...well tragedies. So now I'm going to revert back to my old self by asking you ppl this question:

does anybody know an anime similar to Slam Dunk in terms of its comedy, length, storyline and light romance?
oh then Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is a great light hearted fun anime.

lol
Old 2004-08-13, 18:17   Link #3
hooliganj
Team Player

Just in case you don't already know, he's being an evil bastard by suggesting that.

Old 2004-08-13, 18:20   Link #4
locknoir

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...tsukai_ni.html

this series is so unbelievable light hearted, but at the same it just sucks you into the story and makes you feel good. It's a nice anime, with a little bit of drama, and I mean a little bit ). It's a series you should definatly watch if you want one of those " damn this series gives me a good feeling " :X

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...ne_renmei.html

another light hearted series is definatly haibane renmei, a series with BEAUTIFUL artworks and an incredible crew of sweet characters. This series has some more drama then the previous series I suggested, but is still unbelievable light hearted. This series just makes you feel good in different ways you just have to see it for your self to see what I'm talking about.
Old 2004-08-13, 23:38   Link #5
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Narutohead I've already watched it and if you think that is lighthearted, you need to get an emotional chip put in your @$$ up the right. (jp)

Oh and ty for everybody else who gave their opinions.
Old 2004-08-14, 01:06   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Narutohead I've already watched it and if you think that is lighthearted, you need to get an emotional chip put in your @$$ up the right. (jp)

Oh and ty for everybody else who gave their opinions.
Well you could always just rewatch the ayu-mayu theater omake at the end.
Now if you don't mind buying an anime, I suggest Ah! My Goddess mini goddess. It's 4 dvds and the basic plot is Urd and skuld 'playing' with a rat named gan. Not exactly romance, except for a few episodes, but it's still funny. You don't even need to be familar with the real Ah! my goddess story.
here's a link to dvd 1: http://www.animenation.com/11639.html
You can probably find them for at least 6 bucks cheaper if you shop around though.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:42   Link #7
NarutoHead

well, if you bothered to read the "lol" at the bottom you'd realize lmao it's not a "fun light hearted anime."

but it's good though.

I think Fumoffu's a pretty fun light-hearted anime. Very good, but first you have to watch Full Metal Panic and that's not as fun or light hearted(and not as good ).

And Hooligan, how dare you use that post against me in my other thread when you knew i was
Old 2004-08-14, 18:40   Link #8
Bracken33

Tenshi na Konamaiki . Never watched Slam Dunk.

TnK is brainless but fun, good comedy imho. Storyline is probably not too deep (mainly episodically), but for sure it has light romance.
What is lenght? I hope I will recover from current alcohol levels... .
It will cheer you up, watch it now .
Old 2004-08-14, 19:15   Link #9
hooliganj
Team Player

TnK is 52 episodes, although Anime-Empire is only up through the late 30s. They're doing a great job with it, though, so it's worth waiting for.

Also, you might try Daa! Daa! Daa!, another 52 ep series about two teenagers taking care of an alien baby. Cute and funny with some light romance. Also not fully subbed yet, though.

Narutohead: Sorry about that. Upon sleep and some reflection, I realized I shouldn't have responded to that. NoSanninWa was correct in his admonishment. I'll go bury my hatchet now.
Old 2004-08-15, 00:04   Link #10
NarutoHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj

Narutohead: Sorry about that. Upon sleep and some reflection, I realized I shouldn't have responded to that. NoSanninWa was correct in his admonishment. I'll go bury my hatchet now.
are you trying to say some insult that suppose to fly past my head?

anyways, i'm on too you.....mr hooligani.

if that is your real name
Old 2004-08-15, 00:59   Link #11
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Rizelmine: well it gets a LITTLE sappy towards the end but only for about 5 minutes, the rest is ridiculous over the top Steel Angel Kurumi style humor (Rizel even cosplays as Kurumi in one scene) You Shall Not Stop Laughing
Azumanga Daioh: the staple of any lighthearted anime. Little to no plot, but that's not the point of the series
Steel Angel Kurumi: not THAT light hearted, but still good.
Girls BRAVO: rather new, only 4 episodes released (3 have been fansubbed) and the censoring sucks more than a black hole.
all of the above except the first 2 have some semblance of storyline (Rizelmine and Azumanga Daioh being the ones without story)
Midori no Hibi: the story is in the characters, but there's a lot of comedy, a REALLY weird premise, and ample romance
Ai Yori Aoshi: reeeeally mushy, you can predict the ending from the get go (which i guess is why they never actually end it)
Love Hina: not as much story (ok, almost none, the manga did a much better job) but an ok romance
Kanon: it's very sweet, a little tragic at times (some real tearjerkers) but by the end, you'll be smiling
Da Capo: imo MORE depressing than Kanon (probably because there are more characters for the writers to do bad things to at the end) but just as sweet and funny
Old 2004-08-15, 12:36   Link #12
NarutoHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven

blah blah blah....

Ai Yori Aoshi: reeeeally mushy, you can predict the ending from the get go (which i guess is why they never actually end it)
Love Hina: not as much story (ok, almost none, the manga did a much better job) but an ok romance

more blah blah blah
dude if this was my forum, I'd kick you off for crap like that.

Seriously omgoodness, how hard is it to use a spoiler tag? SOME people(IE) don't even want to here that much.

And Love Hina owns what are you talking about. The Anime is hilarious too.
Closed Thread