AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-17, 11:17   Link #1861
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Jump series usually run at least a year and a half if not two years before an anime becomes a possibility (Hatsukoi doesn't count >.>), if Medaka lasts roughly two years then an anime will most likely appear.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 13:01   Link #1862
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Surviving the first year is really the hardest part for most series in WSJ. Getting past the one year barrier isn't easy either but not as hard as the first. It looks like Medaka will make it to a year with the number of series it has to protect it currently.

I think once we do hit that year it should definitely start trying to distance itself from the bottom runners so it can last long enough to get an anime. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement this time next year if anyone is really gung-ho about animating it. Once it gets an anime running it will be set.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 16:15   Link #1863
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Anedoki cut the rope ...
But not Medaka Box.
I like this manga but a animated version is so fast ...
So i think we have to wait.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 03:09   Link #1864
Jze0
Hmmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Was there a smash reference in there?

So Abnormals are Abnormals because they excel at one thing and not many thing which was what I originally thought. Hmmmm... well Zenkichi has so far hold his own but I still don't think Munakata has shown the full extend of his abilities. I wonder how this is going to end?
__________________
::MyAnimeList | Miko priestess::
Jze0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 17:14   Link #1865
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
So Abnormals are Abnormals because they excel at one thing and not many thing which was what I originally thought.
I couldn't help but think of how Genius were defined in Zaregoto when I read that.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 17:24   Link #1866
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Two thoughts:
- Jack of all trades, master of none. Though ofttimes better than master of one.
- Why didn't that assassin take out a shotgun or an assault rifle? Isn't recoil a bitch on those guns he has?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 19:01   Link #1867
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
I was waiting for him to pull out a firearm and he goes and pulls out 2 of the most powerful handguns there are. Should be pretty interesting to see what happens.
Well hoping Medaka doesn't go jumping in and saving the day.
It really all been quite ridiculous but a oddly fascinating read.

Oh its great to see Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai 2nd on that list there, it's become one of my fav series atm.
Also great to see Yotsuba&! too, it soooooooo needs a anime!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 19:05   Link #1868
BlueDo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
HAHAHA!
What's with the typeset on this chapter?

"He just pulled a sword out of his ass"
"He's a total noob at using weapons"

The guns at the end was kinda funny.
I love this manga. It's keeping its uniqueness... in a special way.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 21:52   Link #1869
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Given his ineptitude at using weapons, he probably couldn't aim properly much less using one in each hand.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 22:00   Link #1870
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Time to see if Zenkichi really CAN'T die even if he's killed.

Because, y'know, Shirou Emiya really wants to know.

Also, does anyone else think that Zenkichi looks like Unzen when he goes crazy? It's that weird glare he gets...

Spoiler:
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 23:18   Link #1871
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I think we also have to consider the possibility that the guy might suddenly switch targets, like going after Kikujima or the twins just because they're too close. He's certainly that insane.
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 00:17   Link #1872
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Good chapter. The Smash Bros. reference made me lol hard.

I liked this chapter and the fact Maguro shed a bit more light on abnormals. Thinking back to Unzen, yeah his calculation abilities were off the charts but he still needed to supplement himself with stuff like Snow White, Cindarella and Ariadon to be as big a threat as he was.

Excelling at hiding things would be good for a killer/assassin but since Munakata isn't a fighter like Takachiho and doesn't have his abnormal reflexes, I wouldn't expect him to be as tough as the other two 13 Party members that fought before him. Although things look like they are about to get rough now. I assume he is about to show just how far his abnormality goes.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 03:57   Link #1873
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
The guy's an amateur with weapons, I bet he can't aim and he will die from his own attack: he misses->bullet ricochets on the ceiling->recoil gets him on the ground->gets impaled by falling swords.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 07:41   Link #1874
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere
Even a newb can shoot someone if they're close enough. And it's not like it'll be his first time using a gun. In fact, it's worse that he might miss, because he could hit someone that's not in the fight, like Kikaijima or the Twins.

I'm waiting for him to pull out a bazooka or rocket launcher or something. xD
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 09:57   Link #1875
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Anyone else thinks that in a chapter after this fight, Medaka will take out something enormously huge from her own hammer space, and the others will WTF, while she explains that she figured it out from watching the two guys fight.
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 16:22   Link #1876
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Even a newb can shoot someone if they're close enough. And it's not like it'll be his first time using a gun. In fact, it's worse that he might miss, because he could hit someone that's not in the fight, like Kikaijima or the Twins.

I'm waiting for him to pull out a bazooka or rocket launcher or something. xD
New theory, he will throw the gun as a projectile instead of shooting bullets, and deal serious damage with it too!
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 18:25   Link #1877
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Anyone else thinks that in a chapter after this fight, Medaka will take out something enormously huge from her own hammer space, and the others will WTF, while she explains that she figured it out from watching the two guys fight.
That would be so awesome. xD She doesn't seem like the type that likes to use weapons though. She'll probably store things like a few changes of clothes and food.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 19:11   Link #1878
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
The guy is gonna miss and hurt himself trying to fire two hand canons and two gun style is inaccurate unless you are at point blank range. Besides both guns cant be fired rapidly or they will jam.
__________________

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 19:26   Link #1879
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
The guy is gonna miss and hurt himself trying to fire two hand canons and two gun style is inaccurate unless you are at point blank range. Besides both guns cant be fired rapidly or they will jam.
Thats all very true n' all but don't forget this is manga and Medaka Box at that, we should expect ridiculous and crazy as the norm

I wouldn't be surprised in Medaka pulls something like a MBT out of no where but I don't expect she would do so, at least I hope not.

bring on the John Woo time!!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 19:33   Link #1880
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Thats all very true n' all but don't forget this is manga and Medaka Box at that, we should expect ridiculous and crazy as the norm

I wouldn't be surprised in Medaka pulls something like a MBT out of no where but I don't expect she would do so, at least I hope not.

bring on the John Woo time!!
LOL yeah I know and if its John Woo time we need some white dove to fly in front of the guy or Ken.
__________________

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.