AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-06, 18:09   Link #421
AnbuItachi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
from the latest chapter, most of the vice admirals use swords!
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 18:26   Link #422
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
So Jozu stopped Mihawk's "World's Strongest Slash", I like how that sound. "The World's strongest slash". If its one things that's catchy in One Piece is the names and titles that are given to people (which is usually how it is with Pirates). I'm curious to see how Daflamingo's power is going to play in the battle. I think he has like a Puppet Puppet fruit or something.
__________________



'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 05:16   Link #423
Baby-Boo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
So Jozu stopped Mihawk's "World's Strongest Slash", I like how that sound. "The World's strongest slash". If its one things that's catchy in One Piece is the names and titles that are given to people (which is usually how it is with Pirates). I'm curious to see how Daflamingo's power is going to play in the battle. I think he has like a Puppet Puppet fruit or something.
We don't know the extend of his powers or if he is good at hand to hand combat, but I doubt Whitebeard would be controlled. Same goes for Boa Hancock. Her abilities only works on those who fall for her, which Luffy didn't and therefore was not turned into stone. And that admiral stabbed himself so he would not turn. Wonder what alse she can do. Whitebeard won't have hearts in his eyes.
Baby-Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 08:46   Link #424
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-Boo View Post
We don't know the extend of his powers or if he is good at hand to hand combat, but I doubt Whitebeard would be controlled. Same goes for Boa Hancock. Her abilities only works on those who fall for her, which Luffy didn't and therefore was not turned into stone. And that admiral stabbed himself so he would not turn. Wonder what alse she can do. Whitebeard won't have hearts in his eyes.
What if Oda throws some comic relief in there and he does.
That would be funny.
__________________



'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 18:54   Link #425
Baby-Boo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
What if Oda throws some comic relief in there and he does.
That would be funny.
hehe ye, that would be something. Although Whitebeard would become a total joke if that happens.
Baby-Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 19:42   Link #426
sanzo
33million Humming Brook
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ask me no questions and ill tell u no lies
Age: 21
if boa tried to seduce him he would probably pretend to fall for her then be like "sike, i wouldn't touch you with my 20foot halberd" or "Your one hundred years to early to seduce me, little girls should stick to dolls and dress up.".
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 08:18   Link #427
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-Boo View Post
We don't know the extend of his powers or if he is good at hand to hand combat, but I doubt Whitebeard would be controlled. Same goes for Boa Hancock. Her abilities only works on those who fall for her, which Luffy didn't and therefore was not turned into stone. And that admiral stabbed himself so he would not turn. Wonder what alse she can do. Whitebeard won't have hearts in his eyes.
We're talking about a man that have at least two sexy nurses around his side for his every demand. If he had any sexual desires then they are all fullfiled by now XD
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 16:25   Link #428
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
We're talking about a man that have at least two sexy nurses around his side for his every demand. If he had any sexual desires then they are all fullfiled by now XD
But judging from Whitebeard's size... well... you really think one of those tiny nurses could... uhm... take him on?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 14:33   Link #429
junte86
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Not really, the concept of the warlords is based on the old Eurapean practice of pirateering. Basically gov'ts hire pirates unofficially to attack and loot other country's ships. The "hiring" gov't gives the pirates a free pass on their waters in exchane for not looting thier ships and a cut of the pirates earnings.

This was a way for gov'ts to bypass treaties of peace while still sabatoging trade. The game you mentioned is most likily based on this practice as well.

No, The concept of Shichibukai came from pirateering, yes this was confirmed by Oda, but the Characteristics of each member came form the game, this was confirmed in an interview or maybe SBS, But I am confident that Oda used the seven heroes of the Romancing Saga 2. (and if you compare all the warlords with the seven heroes they are similar in many ways. )
junte86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 08:03   Link #430
Tenryuken
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In My Own World.
Age: 28
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-Boo View Post
We don't know the extend of his powers or if he is good at hand to hand combat, but I doubt Whitebeard would be controlled. Same goes for Boa Hancock. Her abilities only works on those who fall for her, which Luffy didn't and therefore was not turned into stone. And that admiral stabbed himself so he would not turn. Wonder what alse she can do. Whitebeard won't have hearts in his eyes.
Except that in Doflamingo's case, nobody could snap out off his control(including Joz).
Tenryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 13:54   Link #431
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Okay, so I thought that now would be a good time to update the shichibukai tier list. The only new entrant will be Hancock. Oda hasn't delved as deep into the abilities of Kuma, Jimbei, Doflamingo, Mihawk, and Blackbeard. More still needs to be revealed about those 5 before they can be ranked.

The first match is going to be Moria vs. Hancock. The rules are the same as last time (see my first paragraph on post #350).
Alright, let's get the ball rolling.

Honestly, I believe that Moria takes this one (and I'm not saying that because I'm a Moria fan). Just hear me out, guys.

Moria is proficient in long range battle and trickery, whereas Hancock is best at CQC (close quarters combat). As far as we've seen, the only long range moves Hancock has done are her pistol kiss and slave arrows. Both of those attacks travel in straight linear paths, so it's not hard to imagine Moria simply dodging them by getting out of their way or using his doppleman to shield himself. Therefore, Hancock's long range attacks would not be of much use against Moria.

Realizing this, Hancock would eventually have to move in close on Moria and try to strike him with her stone petrifying haki infused attacks. In order to defend against her assault, Moria could just use his doppleman to obstruct and attack her. Should she manage to get by doppleman and try to hit Moria himself, he could just swap places with doppleman to avoid such a devastating blow.

In the end, Brick bats is the move that would give the victory to Moria. They can just keep on swarming around Hancock and biting her until she can no longer defend herself. Even if she does manage to get them off her, they'll just reform and continue to chase her. If you think about it, this is a really bad match up (possibly the worst from the warlords) for Hancock. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't have any wide AOE (area of effect) attacks that can hit both doppleman and Moria simultaneously, so she's going to have a very hard time trying to damage him (let alone get a single hit for that matter).

So, my conclusion is that Moria has the advantage and wins this fight overall. The best Hancock could hope for is a stalemate, but I don't see her winning this.

Now, I would like to read what you other members have to say before we fully decide the outcome of this match.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2010-01-19 at 21:34.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 14:07   Link #432
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Ultimately, I feel it is still too uncertain to predict an outcome to this matchup. To Hancock's credit, in recent chapters she has taken out several Pacifistas with no injury to herself (how these victories occurred are unknown (since they occurred off screen), but we know that they took place). And, to Moria's credit, he has finally shown a new ability. But, in the end, it is unknown just what a refined Haōshoku Haki can do in battle, so predicting a victor for such a match in very uncertain (The marines made Hancock become a Shichibukai at a young age specifically because she possessed Haōshoku Haki, afterall). (To make a prediction, though, I imagine that Haki could potentially be used to disperse Brick Bats, and other extensions of a DFs powers (as so long as they are attached to the body) since they are just solidified representations of Moria's shadow, rather than say a blast of light (from Kizaru).)

If it is just Hancock with petrifaction abilities and whatever l33t fighting style she uses, then I expect Moria might have the upper hand (unless he is a closet pervert (which most characters are), then he will fall easily ). But, Hancock with petrifaction and Haki...while unclear, I would place the initial bet on Hancock.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 14:36   Link #433
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
(To make a prediction, though, I imagine that Haki could potentially be used to disperse Brick Bats, and other extensions of a DFs powers (as so long as they are attached to the body) since they are just solidified representations of Moria's shadow, rather than say a blast of light (from Kizaru).)
To be fair, this is speculation (I know you already acknowledged that this is merely a prediction) and not factual information, so we can't really account for this until proven otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If it is just Hancock with petrifaction abilities and whatever l33t fighting style she uses, then I expect Moria might have the upper hand (unless he is a closet pervert (which most characters are), then he will fall easily ). But, Hancock with petrifaction and Haki...while unclear, I would place the initial bet on Hancock.
In this scenario, like I described above, Moria without a doubt has the upper hand. It's just a bad match up for Hancock because she has no tools to deal with two opponents at the same time. Don't worry, I'm not biased against Hancock. As a matter of fact, I have her winning her next match up, but we'll get to that later . So, are you sure you still place your initial bet on Hancock? Remember, we can only go on factual information for our claims.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 16:06   Link #434
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Hancock VS Moria, possible outcomes:
1) Moria stares and turns into stone. Probability: low.
2) Actual battle: Hancock can use haki-imbued attacks to possibly damage Moria, bypassing his shadow ability the same way Sentoumaru bypassed Luffy's rubber property. Of course, she'd still have to land a hit, and Moria can practically teleport. Moria can brick bat her to death, unless...
3) Brick bats get petrified(!?). Odd, but hey, this is a manga, anything goes to a certain extent! Even so, Hancock has no known way of attacking besides method #1, so this would either end in a tie if #3 applies or Moria's win in any other case.
End result: Hancock<=Moria
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 20:23   Link #435
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hancock VS Moria, possible outcomes:
1) Moria stares and turns into stone. Probability: low.
Yeah, I can't see any high level guys falling for her charms. Hancock is perceived as being very strong by many in the One Piece universe, so for that reason her opponents would definitely find it advisable to not get distracted by her charms and treat her as a dangerous threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
2) Actual battle: Hancock can use haki-imbued attacks to possibly damage Moria, bypassing his shadow ability the same way Sentoumaru bypassed Luffy's rubber property. Of course, she'd still have to land a hit, and Moria can practically teleport. Moria can brick bat her to death, unless...
3) Brick bats get petrified(!?). Odd, but hey, this is a manga, anything goes to a certain extent! Even so, Hancock has no known way of attacking besides method #1, so this would either end in a tie if #3 applies or Moria's win in any other case.
End result: Hancock<=Moria
Good analysis. Things just don't go in Hancock's favor in this match.

Since there don't appear to be any objections, the general consensus is:

Moria>=Hancock



Next match is Hancock vs. Crocodile.

Hancock will emerge victorious. Here are my reasons why:

Croc isn't very quick and his CQC skills are rather lacking. A base Luffy outclassed Croc in physical combat. He hit Croc several times and evaded his hook for almost the entire duration of round 3 (I believe Croc only hit him once). Now, we don't know how fast Hancock really is, but she is most definitely quicker than base Luffy. Combine this greater speed with her haki infused attacks (which nullify Croc's logia defense), and he's going to suffer devastating damage. Not to mention any part of his body that gets hit will get petrified and be at risk of breaking. The only close range moves that Hancock would have to watch out for are Croc's hand drain and barchan (the crescent shaped sand attack that mummifies its victims). Since base Luffy was able to steer clear from those attacks in round 3, I would imagine that Hancock shouldn't have a hard time avoiding them as well.

When fighting at long range, the only move from Croc that would pose a big threat to Hancock is his sandstorm, seeing as how he could create one very fast and it's massive. Ground death takes some time and desert spada can be avoided since it's quite easy to see coming. To counter this, Hancock's slave arrows could be very problematic. She could shoot out lots of them and if even one hits Croc, he'll not only take damage but the area that was hit will be turned to stone.

In the end, I deduce that Hancock has the edge in this match and therefore comes out on top overall. What do you guys think?
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 20:59   Link #436
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
To be fair, this is speculation (I know you already acknowledged that this is merely a prediction) and not factual information, so we can't really account for this until proven otherwise.
Of course. But, if we assume that Sentomaru used Haki in order to stop Luffy's natural rubber defenses, then the logical assumption is that Haki can neutralize all DF powers as so long as they are attached to a body. Again this is speculation based on an assumption (which is never a good thing), but I do think it is, if nothing else, a logical assumption/speculation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
In this scenario, like I described above, Moria without a doubt has the upper hand. It's just a bad match up for Hancock because she has no tools to deal with two opponents at the same time. Don't worry, I'm not biased against Hancock. As a matter of fact, I have her winning her next match up, but we'll get to that later . So, are you sure you still place your initial bet on Hancock? Remember, we can only go on factual information for our claims.
Actually, My vote is for 'Uncertain'. But, if I leave out the Haki abilities, then yes I do think Moria would probably win.

---

Completely agree with your analysis of a possible Hancock v. Crocodile. We already know that Hancock can solidify a Logia, so all of Crocodile's defensive abilities will disappear. And since she is fast enough, and powerful enough, to battle a Pacifista, I doubt Crocodile would be able to defend against her.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 22:55   Link #437
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Being the boa fan i am i going to say boa wins this one.

moria cannot switch to his shadow that he can just get out of the way of attacks that are fast in close combat .

I want you guys to remember when he was fighting nightmare luffy and wanted to get out of the cockpit he saw luffy hand spin and coming at him and still could not get out of the way same for jimbei. But even that all boa has do is hit him with a haki kick and he not going any where , so even if he doe not turn into stone she just beat hell out of him.

Also slave arrow goes in all direction and come super fast , i want you guys to also remember again when boa did her slave arrow when over 20 arrows came out , a cannon ball was coming at her and before it could even get closer to her she turn into stone.

She also super fast and could move out of the way of brick brick bats easy or she could use her snake and turn it as hard as steel to block attacks.

Then we are not even counting all the other things we seen haki do .

Boa should be also able to beat croc
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 23:26   Link #438
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Being the boa fan i am i going to say boa wins this one.
I knew you were going to be the dissenter here. It's fine to be a fan but don't make your arguments biased because of that reason. Think of this as discussing tiers for a fighting game. It's the same concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
moria cannot switch to his shadow that he can just get out of the way of attacks that are fast in close combat .
Yes he can. He switched places with doppleman right before Robin broke his neck with a clutch (that takes really good reflexes) and when Sanji used his diable jambe on him (he even dispersed into brick bats when this happened). Hancock has to get in close in the first place, which is not going to be easy when she has doppleman constantly getting in her way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I want you guys to remember when he was fighting nightmare luffy and wanted to get out of the cockpit he saw luffy hand spin and coming at him and still could not get out of the way same for jimbei. But even that all boa has do is hit him with a haki kick and he not going any where , so even if he doe not turn into stone she just beat hell out of him.
Umm, you do know that doppleman was inside of Oars' shadow during that time, right? As we saw when Robin had Moria held with her clutch, it takes some time for doppleman to get out of Oars' shadow. And you can't just say all Boa has to do is hit him with a haki kick. It's not that simple at all. That's like saying all Moria has to do is steal Hancock's shadow and then she dies in the sunlight. Obviously, it's not going to be that easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Also slave arrow goes in all direction and come super fast , i want you guys to also remember again when boa did her slave arrow when over 20 arrows came out , a cannon ball was coming at her and before it could even get closer to her she turn into stone.
Slave arrow goes in all directions? They're arrows for crying out loud. Once she shoots them out, she can't control where they go. She has to decide where they'll go before releasing them. And like I said before, doppleman can be used as a shield to stop all of them (just like it stopped all of Luffy's gattling gun punches).

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
She also super fast and could move out of the way of brick brick bats easy or she could use her snake and turn it as hard as steel to block attacks.
She's super fast? How did you come to this conclusion? Like I said above, we don't know exactly how fast she is. We haven't really seen any speed feats from her, so you can't make that claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Then we are not even counting all the other things we seen haki do .
We're going by what we've seen her do, and haki has been included. Even with that, this is still a bad match up for her due to the reasons already mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Boa should be also able to beat croc
We agree on this one. In the end, we have a rock, paper, scissors scenario here.

Croc>=Moria>=Hancock>Croc

Can we settle for this?
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 01:57   Link #439
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Agreed with above, even if Hancock was the fastest character in OP, numbers>speed when it comes to something you can't kill, so it would turn into one-sided fight of endurance. About the Croc match, all he needs is to land a single hit with his poison hook (do others even know it's poisoned?) but speed is an important factor here, so if he can't catch up with her, it's Boa's win.
Quote:
Croc>=Moria>=Hancock>Croc
Agreed.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 10:18   Link #440
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I knew you were going to be the dissenter here. It's fine to be a fan but don't make your arguments biased because of that reason. Think of this as discussing tiers for a fighting game. It's the same concept.



Yes he can. He switched places with doppleman right before Robin broke his neck with a clutch (that takes really good reflexes) and when Sanji used his diable jambe on him (he even dispersed into brick bats when this happened). Hancock has to get in close in the first place, which is not going to be easy when she has doppleman constantly getting in her way.



Umm, you do know that doppleman was inside of Oars' shadow during that time, right? As we saw when Robin had Moria held with her clutch, it takes some time for doppleman to get out of Oars' shadow. And you can't just say all Boa has to do is hit him with a haki kick. It's not that simple at all. That's like saying all Moria has to do is steal Hancock's shadow and then she dies in the sunlight. Obviously, it's not going to be that easy.



Slave arrow goes in all directions? They're arrows for crying out loud. Once she shoots them out, she can't control where they go. She has to decide where they'll go before releasing them. And like I said before, doppleman can be used as a shield to stop all of them (just like it stopped all of Luffy's gattling gun punches).



She's super fast? How did you come to this conclusion? Like I said above, we don't know exactly how fast she is. We haven't really seen any speed feats from her, so you can't make that claim.



We're going by what we've seen her do, and haki has been included. Even with that, this is still a bad match up for her due to the reasons already mentioned.



We agree on this one. In the end, we have a rock, paper, scissors scenario here.

Croc>=Moria>=Hancock>Croc

Can we settle for this?
Fact is moria need time to switch his shadow ,in close combat he would not be able to do it in time i show you 2 eg in the manga . You have not show me any where in close combat he could switch to avoid a kick or punch which last less that a second compare to a hold that robin did for many panels.

Slave arrow it is attack and might go forward but she can do many which means she cover allot of ground. It also comes out super fast , i mean in less than a second for over 20 arrows again i showed you this in the manga. chapter 555 page 8-9

Also you for get her attacks might have haki when she did pistol kiss luffy powers did not work , so how can you say that his shadow would be able to block the attacks . If the attacks have haki his shadow might not be able to block them . chapter 518 page 9

Plus all boa does have to do if tries to switch place is hit him a haki kick , why can't she ? Haki negates DF powers we seen this use many times.

If don't think she fast that okay but i am seen allot from the manga to think she can move at a certain speed. I already see that her moves come out fast and she fast in combat . chapter 555 page 10-11 when did perfume femur saw speed lines in the back ground.

You also have no proof that doppleman would be even able to block attacks that are a certain attack power. Using base luffy don't mean much cause even boa sisters were able to block his attacks until he went gear 2.

You guys have brick bat beating boa a attack that does hardly any damage and she has 360 degree attack that super fast that can knock all of them down. She also has has a huge ass snake that can cover her and we know they can make snakes as hard as steel.Chapter 518 page 7
You also saying she never be able to get near moria which even more of joke .

Note that everything i said has some fact base on the manga and not what i think a char can do like how moria fans thinking his shadow can block haki attacks , thinking he fast boa can't get near him . think he can teleport at super speed.
Plus then there all the stuff haki can do like knowing what going to happen , bouncing back attacks, to get worst boa could do a haki wave to destroy the bats we already seen shank do a haki wave so strong it damage WB ship.

Last edited by andy; 2010-01-20 at 11:01.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.