AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-22, 01:22   Link #601
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Did anyone else notice flashes of blank red and yellow screens during episode 3? Are those censored scenes?
I think that's just Shinbou. Remember the lettered frames in Bakemonogatari? He uses that sort of thing like punctuation, or to create a kind of rhythm or unsettle the eye, it seems to me.

Those of us who have read the manga should probably resist the temptation to correct or confirm impressions that non-manga readers get from the anime. Manga spoilers are bad. Anything that relates to the manga should be in spoiler tags. But maybe not stuff like this:
Spoiler for Meiren:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 01:48   Link #602
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But maybe not stuff like this:
Spoiler for Meiren:
Still better than NaniMaiHani
Old 2010-01-22, 02:02   Link #603
Random Wanderer

EDIT: Entire post has been retroactively spoiler-tagged. Technically within the first layer of tags there are no spoilers, but the very fact that I HAVE read the manga and am arguing for a certain interpretation can be seen as a spoiler. So, you know, read at your own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It did seem like Mina had something to do with the vampires attacking the President. It was shown to think that way (even in the manga IIRC...)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2010-01-22 at 17:11.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 02:31   Link #604
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It's supposed to seem that way. The situation and conversations are meant to make you think she's probably responsible.
Which is what I said. It's suppose to seem that way, so I don't blame people for thinking whether Mina had something to do with it or not. Beyond that, I can't say if she was involved or not, because I don't really want to spoil it for people who have not read the manga yet.

Quote:
But that, in and of itself, should warn viewers not to jump to the conclusion that she did it.
They can jump to conclusions or make speculations all they want. It's not like we won't get answered next episode or so.
Old 2010-01-22, 03:58   Link #605
Thoguht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
Although this made her behaviour even more unbelievable. She knew Akira is a werwolf. An immortal being and his amnesia won't change that.
A bit late to reply to this maybe, but I've been away for a few days.

Anyway, it seemed to me from the scene with the brief "microscope view" of DNA that in this universe, transformations such as vampire to "inner monster" and human to wolf can only take place by conscious effort. If Akira was still in his human form, maybe he would have been smashed to pieces by the fall, and it's only because at the last moment he remembered his heritage and effected the transformation that he was able to survive. That would certainly explain Mina's behaviour.
Thoguht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 07:07   Link #606
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara

Anyway, Random is right. If you decided on something before knowing everything, it's called jumping to conclusions. People need to learn to give something called "Benefit of the Doubt"

Last edited by NightWish; 2010-01-22 at 10:25. Reason: Spoiler Removal
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 07:54   Link #607
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
Since nobody thought the same, i looked it up and i was right.
http://www.animenfo.com/animeseiyuu,...,yuki_aoi.html
I need to make my posts better right from the start
oh well
So here you have mina teppes
Spoiler for picture:

who has the same voice as Murasaki from kurenai
Spoiler for picture:

I started noticing the similiarity when mina used her shy@home voice which is a huge difference compared to coorporate princes mina voice

p.s. is there an auto resizer function? i tried typing[img=450]blblb[/img] but that doesn't work
Old 2010-01-22, 11:35   Link #608
klare

an excellent eps 1, i did not know what to expect from this show but it turned out to be one of the best eps 1 i have seen in these 2 seasons (apart from Darker Than Black 2)

hope they keep on doing well for the rest of the episodes
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 12:12   Link #609
Molenir

Well, I gave this 3 episodes, but the story just doesn't grab me, and the artwork, with its deliberate constantly shifting viewpoint just sucks. I know its done intentionally, I know its done to make things different, to make it more artistic etc, but it doesn't change the fact, that as a view watching the show, it just sucks.

I'm thinking this might be a show I decide to give another shot, once its complete, but as of now, I'm dropping it.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 13:31   Link #610
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok i was jumping to conclusions ... (don't wanna make a huge debat about what is "Jumping to conclusions" oh god forget it )

So she's not the culprit behind this attack if i take what you said in your comments (yeah spoil)
Reasons that make me thing that maybe she ordered to kill the girl :

- She's one of the strong vampire
- It's her school yeah
- She protect his own species
- The girl was in her way

well now it seems not , i thought that the school will be more protected by her .

Now wait for ep 4 for more devellepoment .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 15:05   Link #611
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Spoiler for manga readers:
I disagree strongly with this.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 16:50   Link #612
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah might as well move on. Though I still disagree about the jumping to conclusions thing it's not like it matters now. Just have to hope that people won't be spoiling through inference throughout the series. Even if you felt that Mina probably wasn't involved with the attack you now know for sure.
Old 2010-01-22, 17:13   Link #613
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I disagree strongly with this.
I've gone back and spoiler tagged that whole post. I see your point, but I couldn't just ignore what folks were saying.
Old 2010-01-22, 17:57   Link #614
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Yech! Whole bunch of nastiness going on here. I can't really contribute much since I have read the manga and don't want to get in trouble. All I can say is I hope we get figures out of this anime.
BTW, keep track of the illustrations at the end of each episode.
Spoiler for pix:

And one more thing, When I heard this,
Spoiler for pic:

All I could think of was this,
Spoiler for pic:

Last edited by SquirrelLuvsPnut; 2010-01-22 at 18:16.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 20:43   Link #615
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just finished up episode 3 decent episode nothing earth shattering but its keeping me interested and thats all that counts.

I must say i did feel really bad for the student council prez. Although there was obviously more behind her resitence to Mina entering the school she was only following what she felt was the right for the school and student. She had no idea what hit her as the vampires from what it looked like to me bascially had a feast on her. There were at least 5 or 6 tear her clothes away in someways it was quite disturbing. However, what im really interested in is the picture of the little girl she dropped imouto perhaps, she also asked that "Yuzuru give her strength". It seems that she already had a hate for vampires to begin with there is more story to this.

Now this will look very bad. Mina just entered the school and the same a day a student is killed. In a lot of ways this is going to look like Mina got rid of irritating human and im sure the next episode will have people pointing the finger at her. I for one 100% dont believe Mina had anything to do with it. As much the Student Council prez was on Minas back honestly she could do nothing too her. I even got the feeling Mina liked her tenacity. Mina obviously chose this capture Akira game to make it so the student felt like they had some control, but in the end Mina stood to gain nothing from having her killed. All it would have done was put the suspicion on herself. To me it seems like there is 3rd party with a possible link to other vampires who maybe want to remove Mina Hime from her position as leader of the vampire race. Divide and conquer cast suspicion and doubt to cause confusion this all very useful tactics for a isolating an enemy you want taken out.

Longer post than i intended but fun stuff really do feel for the Student council prez the look of terror on her face was unsettling. However a new cute vamp in the school and Akira gets her digits straight away lucky bastard.
Old 2010-01-22, 20:53   Link #616
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
However, what im really interested in is the picture of the little girl she dropped imouto perhaps, she also asked that "Yuzuru give her strength". It seems that she already had a hate for vampires to begin with there is more story to this.
Just to clarify, Yuzuru is a boy's name:
http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect...of_Yuzuru.html
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 21:19   Link #617
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Just to clarify, Yuzuru is a boy's name:
http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect...of_Yuzuru.html
thanks for that didnt realize it but after looking at the picture again it is a boy shes hugging. Cant wait to see the next episode and see the aftermath.
Old 2010-01-22, 23:41   Link #618
Random Wanderer

Quote:
I must say i did feel really bad for the student council prez. Although there was obviously more behind her resitence to Mina entering the school she was only following what she felt was the right for the school and student. She had no idea what hit her as the vampires from what it looked like to me bascially had a feast on her. There were at least 5 or 6 tear her clothes away in someways it was quite disturbing. However, what im really interested in is the picture of the little girl she dropped imouto perhaps, she also asked that "Yuzuru give her strength". It seems that she already had a hate for vampires to begin with there is more story to this.

Now this will look very bad. Mina just entered the school and the same a day a student is killed. In a lot of ways this is going to look like Mina got rid of irritating human and im sure the next episode will have people pointing the finger at her. I for one 100% dont believe Mina had anything to do with it. As much the Student Council prez was on Minas back honestly she could do nothing too her. I even got the feeling Mina liked her tenacity. Mina obviously chose this capture Akira game to make it so the student felt like they had some control, but in the end Mina stood to gain nothing from having her killed. All it would have done was put the suspicion on herself. To me it seems like there is 3rd party with a possible link to other vampires who maybe want to remove Mina Hime from her position as leader of the vampire race. Divide and conquer cast suspicion and doubt to cause confusion this all very useful tactics for a isolating an enemy you want taken out.
Now that's the kind of clear thinking I was looking for.

Quote:
However a new cute vamp in the school and Akira gets her digits straight away lucky bastard.
Perhaps BAD luck... Aside from Mina and her close allies, most vampires in this world have been pretty despicable. They're either mindless monsters, or just plain EVIL. I don't know what Meiren's after but... well, I just wouldn't advise seeing girls who bite, you know?
Old 2010-01-23, 01:18   Link #619
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What, people actually think Mina ordered the attack on kaichou-san? For what reason? Mina won the wager against her, so there's no motive. Seriously, Mina has MUCH bigger fish to fry than her. Heck, it seems like Mina at least respected kaichou-san, since she did say that the schools student body had more backbone than the meeting she went for (the entire Japanese governement?). You don't see them dead, no?

In fact, Mina's preferred mode of political attack would be blackmailing (the meeting) or bribery (kaichou herself), not outright assassination. Those two she's clearly guilty of, but I dunno exactly what 'clues' were there that even hinted that Mina was behind kaichou's death.

In any case, I didn't like episode 3 much at all. It's a bit too much 'jarry' in comparison to the previous episodes; which, granted, is more inline with Shinbo's direction (unlike the previous 2), so its no wonder I don't like this episode as much.

What I did like though is the show turning darker with kaichou's death. They really did show how horrible it was, especially with her look of horror.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 03:05   Link #620
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
thanks for that didnt realize it but after looking at the picture again it is a boy shes hugging. Cant wait to see the next episode and see the aftermath.
Lol, now that you've mentioned it - I remembered who is this boy...

Tags
action, romance, seinen, shaft, supernatural, vampire, violence