AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-08-16, 04:44   Link #1
w00kie

Azureus; Tracker Status Question

Well, first of all, a big thanks to u Sin for guiding me towards Azureus, a big thumbs up.

Originally i thought that the tracker was just offline, however when i visited the site that was hosting the torrent (yeah, i mean the site which had the link for the torrent) i noticed on the stats that there were still plenty of seeds and peers.

So then i thought that the problem had somethin to do with the tracker? At that stage i stopped the torrent, and cryed, was like 70% done.

I noticed that the tracker did go offline and it took some time for the peers and seeds to slowly dissapear, untill they were all gone and the torrent went totally dead .

A period of time elasped, like a couple of weeks, and so for some reason i loaded up the link that i had saved again, and well the tracker status was ok. And then like a month later it did it again, it died in the same manner. Still, to this date i can c that the torrent is still active,via the browser but not on Azureus. the status of the tracker is: Scrape error: Connection refused: connect

So i'm stuck, could this be a problem that could be fixed on my behalf, or is it terminal for this particular torrent?
w00kie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 06:37   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
If I understood you correctly, this means that the tracker is down for a reason or another. Unless you are the admin of the page yourself, you can't do anything but try to connect until it works. I assume this happens only to some of your torrents (blue Health/Smiley) and the rest of your torrents has green Health/Smiley, am I correct?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 07:11   Link #3
w00kie

yeah... lol, sometimes i get the feeling i dont communicate what i want to say clearly.

Yeah, the rest of my torrents r fine Sin, just this particular.

I originally thought that the tracker was down, but the torrent was still active on the browser, so then i was thinkin somethin else was the problem.
Basicly i get the feeling i'm being refused for some reason, if i didn't think this i wouldnt bother asking in the first place.

I'm sure the tracker isnt down... so i did some lookin round to c what scrape error: connecti... really means, but i couldn't fing out what this error is.
Old 2004-08-16, 07:12   Link #4
w00kie

doh, i didnt finish that sentence... "just this particular torrent is down"