AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-15, 22:52   Link #1
HopelessLover

You pick it we play it--Fox Box!!

Check out the new vote for it that fox box has made for the upcoming new cartoons it plans to release. Basically the link im going to give you will show a bran new clip of one piece, americanized. Check it out!!

http://www.foxkids.com/promotions/youpickit/
Old 2004-08-15, 23:35   Link #2
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

i just lost my appetite
Old 2004-08-15, 23:58   Link #3
MooMoo

Oh god... my ears are bleeding.
Old 2004-08-16, 01:38   Link #4
shino bugged
shino

luffys voice
Old 2004-08-16, 02:27   Link #5
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna be sick
Old 2004-08-16, 02:59   Link #6
davidlionheartZ

Angry one thought~!

just one thought WTF!
Old 2004-08-16, 04:07   Link #7
Palani
///_^

The Horror, The Horror, *Cries*
Old 2004-08-16, 04:44   Link #8
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Gah! What did they do to Zoro's voice?! NUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Well it was expected I guess. I mean, 4Kids has some of the worst dubbing I've ever heard and One Piece is no exception. And that's cuz I can tolerate shows like Yugioh and Pokemon. Luffy sounds even more like a child and Zoro's VA just doesn't... FIT. Gold Roger's voice was so piratey lol!

I can't wait to see Sanji and that seksay lollipop.
Old 2004-08-16, 07:29   Link #9
Trov
Holy cack!

Ten bucks says Sanji will have a southern voice.
Old 2004-08-16, 08:45   Link #10
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The dubs were horrible as were expected... there shouldn't be any shock anymore... just horror that it's a reality... Luffy sounds like Gohan's voice from the Dragoball Z dubs... and I agree that Zoro's voice doesn't fit... they could have found someone a bit more decent than whoever they hired... it's like they're not even trying... but whatever... little kids won't know the difference or even care about the quality of voice acting... I think I'll just stay in bed on saturday mornings like I usually do... this definitely isn't something I'd wake up for...

anyways... I wish they had some sort of feedback form on that page... I would have loved to give FoxBox my feedback on their version of One Piece...
Old 2004-08-16, 11:31   Link #11
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trov
Ten bucks says Sanji will have a southern voice.
A French Accent seems more plausible.

and yeah, Zoro's voice does not fit at all. Luffy's voice I can kind of get used to since it's still kind of childlike. And man, 4Kids method of dubbing seems to be to stuff as much unecessary cheap dialogue a character's voice, make them speak it fast, and tell corny jokes as much as possible that has absolutely no reference to what is happening at that time.
Old 2004-08-16, 13:53   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh gauds. I'm on BSD guys. I can't see flash stuff. Can someone link me up to the video?
Old 2004-08-16, 14:32   Link #13
Sai
apathetic

Send a message via AIM to Sai
I think i might wake up to watch it just for some laughs, don't worry i'll have plenty of pepto on hand just in case
Old 2004-08-16, 17:10   Link #14
hooliganj
Team Player

I'll probably be flamed for this, but...

I was expecting a lot worse from 4kids. It's not great, but I didn't hear anything that offended my ears either. Luffy is supposed to sound like a little kid, Gold Roger is a ruff 'n' tuff pirate, Zoro's voice was pretty generic, but there are worse sins you can commit when dubbing.

I was surprised how many of the cuts in that preview came from scenes I assumed would be heavily edited, if not cut completely. Nami getting sliced by Django and Mihawk preparing for Zoro's attack instantly leap to mind as things that might have been left out. I would be pleased to discover that 4kids had decided to leave most of the action in.

I don't get FoxBox in my area anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter.
Old 2004-08-16, 17:13   Link #15
Frog
Shimako's Embodiment

and companys wonder why fans hate getting their favorite shows licensced sometimes!
Old 2004-08-16, 18:39   Link #16
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, I second that. I think they killed the show personally. I finally got tired of waiting so I booted up my windows box (eww, eww, eww!!!) and watched it. Luffy's voice is so bloody irratating that I just about wanted to drive a stake through my monitor. Ugh. I seriously hope this flops stateside and 4kids looses the licence for it. This so needs to go into either Funi's hands or someone elses. Right now I'll take just about ANYBODY.
Old 2004-08-16, 20:50   Link #17
ragweed
woah woah!

They got the cris dude from sonic to do his voice. I bet thats dan green doing zorro's voice too. >( Know whats funny? The 4kids slogan is 'we know what kids like'. *flesh burns off face*

I guess i will have to get used to it until i learn japanese.... T~T blehhhhhhhh
Old 2004-08-16, 22:27   Link #18
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. No thanks. I'll stay with the Japanese fansubbed versions. It's much better IMHO. WAY worlds better voice acting and no annoying "can't voice act to save my soul" english VA's doing the voices. Ya know, honestly, if anyone should get this if 4Kids does somehow screw up and loose the licence, I'd vote Disney. Why? Cause disney has to have about the best VA's in the entire US. Yup, the best. Why? Cause they are willing to pay for the talent because they know that spending the money will make a better product and will get them more money. 4Kids hasn't figured that out yet. They seem afixiated with down on their luck VA's who can't voice act to save their soul just because they can get away with paying them in peanuts. That's the WRONG way to do things, but hey, why would a big stupid corporation listen to someone like me? I'm only a dumb customer who doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground. To them I'm just some stupid idiot with a wallet that they want to raid. Oh well, if they don't want to get a clue, it's their loss, not mine.
Old 2004-08-16, 23:53   Link #19
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The thing is... FoxBox's One Piece is not intended for you or I or the others that post here.... the FoxBox One Piece is for the youths... as I mentioned already in my previous post....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
little kids won't know the difference or even care about the quality of voice acting...
4Kids' business model probably revolves around... *shock* .... kids... 4Kids is not targeting their sales/ratings/profits at us... rather, their strat is to most likely trick kids into tricking their parents into buying them FoxBox One Piece related merchandise or whatever... it's unfortunate that other companies didn't license One Piece... but there's nothing we can do since they (4Kids) do technically own it and can do whatever they want... they can hire some hobo off the streets to be the voice actor of Buggy the Clown and we can't do jack shit about it...
Old 2004-08-17, 00:43   Link #20
Kouji
StrykerX

I dunno, but it seems to me that Luffy had a similar tone as the japanese VA. But the japanese VA was a bit higher. And I did like Zoro's VA. I'll just have to see and how well 4Kids performs.