AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-25, 15:50   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbladeuser View Post

Actually, I am still a bit sceptical about the gameplay of this one. Well, it's already been said that luck is a big factor in this one, so... yeah.
As for design, I am - to be honest - a bit disappointed. While a lot of cards look good and use official artwork, sometimes they seem like "screenshots", if you get what I mean. Like a character card of Tohsaka Rin in which she actually is being held by Berserker and blowing his head with her jewels away.
That's a artwork I'd use for something like an event card, but not for a character card...
The Crusade series has a bit of the same problem as well. Gundam War has some of the best art I've seen for a non Konami Japanese TCG so far though outside of the character cards which still suffer from looking like screenshots in the regular expansions. There are some specialized character card specific expansions though that feature a lot of original artwork though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 21:02   Link #22
Gunbladeuser
Trace... ON!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Though, doesn't it mean that the player who goes first has an overwhelming advantage? He would definitely get a free trigger with a +1 soul damage. Even though it will be a lvl0, that is bluntly a severe blow.
The player who goes first can only attack once. The second player however can go all out during his turn if he wants.
I don't how much of an advantage the first player has when actually playing, but in theory it doesn't sound inbalanced.

Quote:
Sounds pretty logic here. And what if the opponent character is in rest mode? Can you still attack it, or you are basically going through?
From my perspective, it seems the rest mode is just there to prevent a card to attack a second time and/or after using an effect that require the character to be tapped.
Yes, you're right. Characters that are resting can still be chosen as an attack target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The Crusade series has a bit of the same problem as well. Gundam War has some of the best art I've seen for a non Konami Japanese TCG so far though outside of the character cards which still suffer from looking like screenshots in the regular expansions. There are some specialized character card specific expansions though that feature a lot of original artwork though.
Well, there are far too many card games with those screenshot-ish designs, especially all those spin-offs from animes like Naruto CG, Bleach CG etc.

The other Japanese card game I am playing, Lyce, does that a lot better IMO. Every artwork is done by various artists specially for the card game and only some special cards have official artworks. That way, the design is rather consequent, not to mention you have a lot of pretty arts you've never seen before (though that may vary due to personal likes and dislikes since there are quite a lot of different artists).
Gunbladeuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 23:30   Link #23
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
Wow, I'm amazed with the boom in activity within the past few days.

Don't forget, when you are being attacked. When you draw the number of cards equal to the soul of the card attacking you. If you draw a climax, all of that damage is canceled. (Sorry if this is a repeat.)

When I was playing with a Nanoha StrikerS deck (focusing on Nanoha using Starlight Breaker as her Climax with Vivio as support). In a turn where I could have finished the game, I had 28 soul damage in total to deal out and all of it was canceled .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Or you could just scan the cards and make a set with MagicWorkStation. Then you wouldn't even need the real cards outside of getting the images of them.
Wait, I haven't tried MagicWorkStation but I want to use my actual deck. From what I understand, you can create your deck online with MagicWorkStation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbladeuser View Post

The other Japanese card game I am playing, Lyce, does that a lot better IMO. Every artwork is done by various artists specially for the card game and only some special cards have official artworks. That way, the design is rather consequent, not to mention you have a lot of pretty arts you've never seen before (though that may vary due to personal likes and dislikes since there are quite a lot of different artists).
I looked at Lychee while in Malaysia and I do agree, the artwork is great.
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 23:32   Link #24
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Well, i bought both the Lucky Star set and Disgaea. Lucky Star is for collection only while i hope to play using my disgaea set.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 23:35   Link #25
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Well, i bought both the Lucky Star set and Disgaea. Lucky Star is for collection only while i hope to play using my disgaea set.
I haven't played with a Disgaea theme, let alone play the game. Did you buy the trial Lucky Star deck?
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 23:43   Link #26
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I bought the trial and 2 boxes of boosters for both of them. I also bought some promos and *rares online.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 23:54   Link #27
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
When you mean two boxes of boosters, do you mean the 20 packs in the box boosters?
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 00:46   Link #28
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Yes thats what i meant. 2 boxes isn't enough to complete the set though. I still had to buy singles.

Anyway, i choose these 2 because i liked most of the characters in the 2 series since WS is basically a character battle game.
I thought of buying Nanoha but i only like Fate so it not that convincing. But i heard Nanoha decks are pretty strong.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 01:00   Link #29
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I thought of buying Nanoha but i only like Fate so it not that convincing. But i heard Nanoha decks are pretty strong.
Yup, that is true. With 3 Ace of Ace Nanoha in front, 2 Vivio as support, climax Starlight Breaker. You can deal out at least 15 soul if you have enough stock and each Ace of Ace Nanoha will have at least 8000 power, if I'm right. This combination is awesome however, getting this combination it will cost you the same amount as a booster box at most.
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 07:40   Link #30
Gunbladeuser
Trace... ON!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany
Since we're talking about costs and stuff...
How are the rarities in a booster box/a single booster?
I've seen rarities like common (c), uncommon (uc), rare (r) and very rare (rr)?
Gunbladeuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 07:52   Link #31
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Listening to "Aishiteru Banzai!" on repeat
Age: 30
Looking through my collection yesterday I realized I don't seem to actually have the expensive Kotomi card (I have a poster with that image hanging on my wall and have every other Kotomi card so I guess my memory got confused, heh), but I do have a foil version of the expensive Fuuko card. I also have a couple Nanoha and DCII promo cards from Megami Magazine that I'd just casually tossed aside but apparently they're worth more than almost any card in an actual set.

Is buying single cards instead of packs worth it for this game? Can that Nanoha combo be activated reliably enough to build your deck around it or is it some random thing that may just happen once in a while? In Magic there's typically 1-2 cards out of 15 in a pack that are considered playable in a high level deck, and many of them are cheap commons, so it's obviously a pretty terrible value opening packs most of the time. What's the average number of playable cards per pack of WS?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 07:53   Link #32
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
does any1 knows where can i get those online?
__________________
Justice Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 13:30   Link #33
smatdesa
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Narmi, since you're in Malaysia, where exactly are you buying the game? Was planning to check it out to get Persona & Disgaea, but not sure where to shop for.
smatdesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 17:57   Link #34
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
does any1 knows where can i get those online?
http://www.amiami.com/shop?set=engli...ate=index.html here is a place to start. I have never bought anything over the internet as of now, however I'm tempted to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Is buying single cards instead of packs worth it for this game? Can that Nanoha combo be activated reliably enough to build your deck around it or is it some random thing that may just happen once in a while? In Magic there's typically 1-2 cards out of 15 in a pack that are considered playable in a high level deck, and many of them are cheap commons, so it's obviously a pretty terrible value opening packs most of the time. What's the average number of playable cards per pack of WS?
The nanoha/vivio Starlight breaker combo might be worth it if your a fan. The chances of doing it are reasonable. In one match I pulled off 3 Starlight breaker climaxes with at least 15 soul damage. If I'm right you get 7 cards, and one card in the pack is pretty good. Now if you open a pack or product. If you see a silver or gold money bag. You won something however you can only redeem it in Japan. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by smatdesa View Post
Narmi, since you're in Malaysia, where exactly are you buying the game? Was planning to check it out to get Persona & Disgaea, but not sure where to shop for.
I live in western Canada, however I'm from Malaysia.

I bought my trial deck at Little Akiba, http://www.littleakiba.com/store/. Little Akiba and the Figure mall share the same space http://www.thefiguremall.com/. Little Akiba is a nice place to hang out.
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 18:35   Link #35
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Listening to "Aishiteru Banzai!" on repeat
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post

The nanoha/vivio Starlight breaker combo might be worth it if your a fan. The chances of doing it are reasonable. In one match I pulled off 3 Starlight breaker climaxes with at least 15 soul damage. If I'm right you get 7 cards, and one card in the pack is pretty good. Now if you open a pack or product. If you see a silver or gold money bag. You won something however you can only redeem it in Japan. .
Ah, that's too bad that I wouldn't be able to redeem it heh, I'm a sucker for stuff like that. Despite what I posted about how terrible a value buying Magic packs is, I actually love it and do it all the time. It's just more fun opening a really valuable card than buying it as a single, even if the amount I spent on packs to get it comes out to way more than just buying it would have. (Of course when it comes to actually making a deck I will buy the singles, I'm not insane enough to try to get 4 of every needed card from packs.)

How big a difference is there between the "pretty good" cards and the rest? Does the luck aspect make basically anything at least slightly playable or are there absolute garbage cards that you'd never consider playing under any circumstances? I actually prefer that such cards do exist as they are great skill-testers among other reasons (i.e. someone with skill knows enough to not play them).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 18:47   Link #36
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It's just more fun opening a really valuable card than buying it as a single, even if the amount I spent on packs to get it comes out to way more than just buying it would have. (Of course when it comes to actually making a deck I will buy the singles, I'm not insane enough to try to get 4 of every needed card from packs.)

How big a difference is there between the "pretty good" cards and the rest? Does the luck aspect make basically anything at least slightly playable or are there absolute garbage cards that you'd never consider playing under any circumstances? I actually prefer that such cards do exist as they are great skill-testers among other reasons (i.e. someone with skill knows enough to not play them).
I too love it when you open the pack and you get something awesome or the card you want. When I opened my trial deck, I received a silver coin bag, however I had no chance to redeem it in Japan, so I traded for a Zero no Tsukaima pack and a few cards. You can buy the cards alone and it isn't too bad.

It depends on your strategy and what chacteristics your going for. For me I have three characteristics types I can rely on, Dragon, Weapon and Magic. In my opinion luck isn't 100% random; it's depends on the circumstances, preparation, what you have available and how to take action with what you have. If your deck is focused on lvl 0s, you will deal less damage than higher lvl card but you can play them easily and not worry about stock so much. The higher the level, you have to consider stock but you will have more power or better effects to use in the game.

In short yes, if you don't prepare your deck properly, you'll most likely lose. The skill is in preparing and figuring out the probability events happen. For example, the probability of dealing out 20 soul damage in one turn. It's quite unlikely but it does happen if you have the right cards being played at the right time and your opponent doesn't draw a climax during the damage/attack phase.
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 22:29   Link #37
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Btw anyone know any good card translation sites?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 23:38   Link #38
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Btw anyone know any good card translation sites?
http://ws.nk-ds.org/index.php/card-translations/

Their translations are pretty good.
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 23:44   Link #39
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Sigh unfortunately thats the one i am using now and it have neither lucky star nor disgaea boosters translations...
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 23:58   Link #40
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
Oh, sorry I'm not much help Fate.

If they don't have a translation, it's unlikely anyone else has a translation up.
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
schwarz, tcg, trading card game, weiss

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.