AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-25, 18:15   Link #801
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Next chapter will of course be "It's Name Is YUMAPUNCH!"
Old 2010-01-25, 18:44   Link #802
Saint Salty

Knee of the Yuma Star*

(You get a cookie if you understand that reference.)
Old 2010-01-25, 22:39   Link #803
Cyclone
Transient Guest

You guys ever wonder about ABs and their digestive system?
I mean Priscilla, after eating several towns in the north...
I'm just having a hard time picturing a #2 after that.

(... so much for elevated discussion...)
Old 2010-01-26, 00:23   Link #804
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post

the matter is converted into energy...probably.
Old 2010-01-26, 00:26   Link #805
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:

Vinak is right; they probably have a much more effecient excretory system, as are them all. Excretion and urination probably don't exist for them as everything churned is either eliminated and grinded up by the body totally and/or converted into energy. I have a feeling it's probably both, considering their is stuff they don't like to eat(everything but human innards), which makes me wonder if that is EVEN digested and made into energy, or just destroyed by the body.

Riful just became a dish; it is presumed the awesome power she had will be digested and converted into energy(otherwise she wouldn't bother to begin with), but I can't believe it's done without effort considering the amount of yoki she had.

I think Awakens dislike for youki really is taste-only; I don't think it's because their body refuses it. Goes back to what I said earlier this month, about it being a trash-covered daily multivitamin pill.
Old 2010-01-26, 01:11   Link #806
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Vinak is right; they probably have a much more effecient excretory system, as are them all. Excretion and urination probably don't exist for them as everything churned is either eliminated and grinded up by the body totally and/or converted into energy. I have a feeling it's probably both, considering their is stuff they don't like to eat(everything but human innards), which makes me wonder if that is EVEN digested and made into energy, or just destroyed by the body.

Riful just became a dish; it is presumed the awesome power she had will be digested and converted into energy(otherwise she wouldn't bother to begin with), but I can't believe it's done without effort considering the amount of yoki she had.

I think Awakens dislike for youki really is taste-only; I don't think it's because their body refuses it. Goes back to what I said earlier this month, about it being a trash-covered daily multivitamin pill.
Well... Ophelia told Ermita (forgive my spelling, if it's wrong) that she was going to pee. So we know Claymores still have bodily functions. That doesn't mean AB have bodily functions, necessarily. That said, I doubt they have a process going on that is something other than biochemistry, meaning they do have bodily functions. They don't explode, leak radiation, shoot electric sparks, and/or don't spill toxic chemicals after being cut in half/dying. Implying to me that their bodies are just biologically modified and since I haven't heard of any biochemical process that doesn't have waste, to me they must have waste chemicals. Anyone here a doctor/nurse/med student or just happen to know of such a process? Since I want to know if anyone has heard of a theoretical biochemical process that wouldn't have waste...
Old 2010-01-26, 10:40   Link #807
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Well... Ophelia told Ermita (forgive my spelling, if it's wrong) that she was going to pee. So we know Claymores still have bodily functions. That doesn't mean AB have bodily functions, necessarily. That said, I doubt they have a process going on that is something other than biochemistry, meaning they do have bodily functions. They don't explode, leak radiation, shoot electric sparks, and/or don't spill toxic chemicals after being cut in half/dying. Implying to me that their bodies are just biologically modified and since I haven't heard of any biochemical process that doesn't have waste, to me they must have waste chemicals. Anyone here a doctor/nurse/med student or just happen to know of such a process? Since I want to know if anyone has heard of a theoretical biochemical process that wouldn't have waste...
Shot in the dark, but I think certain sea creatures like starfish and sponges don't produce waste.

Maybe jellyfish too.
Old 2010-01-26, 12:13   Link #808
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
the matter is converted into energy...probably.
Oh dear. Not this again.

I think we're better off assuming that they transform first. They probably leave big piles all over the island. (Imagine that one scene in Jurassic Park.)

Heck, the Org. probably sends out its cronies to take samples. Maybe that's how they make youma.
Old 2010-01-26, 16:17   Link #809
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Well, human digestive system is very efficient compared to other animals', even primates (i.e. lots of animals, in times of low 'supplies', sometimes feed on their own wastes because their digestive systems let several nutrients go away without absorbing them, so 'processing' those wastes again allows them to exploit better their limited food).

So, if ABs focus on eating only human guts, it's quite likely 'cause they get very refined nutrients from them and therefore their bodies don't need an elaborate digestive system.

Just a theory
Old 2010-01-26, 16:18   Link #810
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
Oh dear. Not this again.

I think we're better off assuming that they transform first. They probably leave big piles all over the island. (Imagine that one scene in Jurassic Park.)

Heck, the Org. probably sends out its cronies to take samples. Maybe that's how they make youma.
Imposssible; Yoma came first, then, Awakened.

As far as we know, they generate Yoma out of nothing, they are beasts in the shape of humans, rather then Awakened who originally were human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koronov
Well, human digestive system is very efficient compared to other animals', even primates (i.e. lots of animals, in times of low 'supplies', sometimes feed on their own wastes because their digestive systems let several nutrients go away without absorbing them, so 'processing' those wastes again allows them to exploit better their limited food).

So, if ABs focus on eating only human guts, it's quite likely 'cause they get very refined nutrients from them and therefore their bodies don't need an elaborate digestive system.

Just a theory
Curious....curious....
Old 2010-01-26, 17:46   Link #811
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
Oh dear. Not this again.

Too funny! Even though as Shiek pointed out AB are made from Yoma not the other way around.
Old 2010-01-26, 18:08   Link #812
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Too funny! Even though as Shiek pointed out AB are made from Yoma not the other way around.
I will never forget it; though what's so genius about it, is the way Jeff Goldblum casually struts forward to inspect it, without a care in the world
Old 2010-01-27, 08:49   Link #813
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

God damn it, we need some spoilers!

But it's too early I guess
Old 2010-01-27, 12:01   Link #814
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
God damn it, we need some spoilers!

But it's too early I guess
There had been times when they would come out sooner, but now is not the case I guess.
Old 2010-01-27, 20:45   Link #815
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
There had been times when they would come out sooner, but now is not the case I guess.
Uhm... you're kidding right?
TSS graciously let spoilers and a few pics leak out around a day or 2 before the end of the month. The chinese scanlation would then be released on the 1st and the japanese on the 4th if we were lucky.
Now, around the turn of the month, we get the raws. I prefer the current method.
Old 2010-01-27, 20:52   Link #816
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Uhm... you're kidding right?
TSS graciously let spoilers and a few pics leak out around a day or 2 before the end of the month. The chinese scanlation would then be released on the 1st and the japanese on the 4th if we were lucky.
Now, around the turn of the month, we get the raws. I prefer the current method.
That's basically what he's saying...
Old 2010-01-28, 06:05   Link #817
haegar
mangaviking

..in any case the discussion on digestive systems seems to support the notion that people are waiting for spoilers and trying to come up with creative and interesting new questions such as "do claymores worrk like star trek energy converters?" in order to sweeten up the wait

..though I'm afraid Cyclones spoiler ETA is correct ...xD
Old 2010-01-28, 12:25   Link #818
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Spoiler for chinese spoiler 100:
Old 2010-01-28, 12:34   Link #819
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosmos View Post
Spoiler for chinese spoiler 100:
......Yeah, it's fake
Old 2010-01-28, 13:44   Link #820
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

If Deneve was injured again and Helen wasn't I would be annoyed because it would be at least third time that we would see her taking blows for everyone. It's too convenient that somehow the claymore that has the best regenerative abilities is being targeted the most and she always manages to survive even if very extensive wound was inflicted upon her.
Anyway, the spoiler is most probably fake (but then again I thought the same thing about spoilers of chapter 98th). I really doubt that Helen and Deneve would try to fight with Priscilla (if anything they would try to calm Clare down) but it's possible that Yuma would awaken and it's even more possible that we will see Galatea and co. again. The last part of the spoiler though has to be fake (unless I misunderstood it and they're not going to become second Raciella, I could believe that they would awaken separately).
Closed Thread