AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 27 25.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 28.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 10.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-05-24, 00:10   Link #101
chrno_the_sinner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Personally, I think...

Spoiler:


And Rena has now jumped to the top of my favourite character list with her awesome detective skills. That could also explain how she knew he was with Oishi in the car that day in Onikakushi-hen.
chrno_the_sinner is offline  
Old 2006-05-24, 14:31   Link #102
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
I'm giving 9, I just save the 10 for the next episode which I'm sure won't be betray my expectations at all.
Along with episode 4 this is the best episode of Higurashi so far. But while episode 4 was the end of the first arc, with its peak as for climax, here we were just on the third part, still building the tension.

A very involving episode, and yes, scary as well. I'm kinda used to thrillers/horrors so it's difficult to actually scare me, but then.. Mion's face in the ladder scene, let's say it's not that easy to remove from the mind (and NO! I won't be making animated avatars on that scene because I don't want to see them around )

Back to the episode. Mention to the cat-dog metaphor at the beginning. Brilliant and yet so scary. Rika is still such a mysterious character, and she hasn't shown any madness on the contrary of Rena and Mion. Well, not the counting the very beginning of episode 5.

The ladder scene. Animaton was way off, as already said on this thread. No synchrony with the words. I wonder how they could mess up with this scene when the character design was actually disturbing enough, and the voice acting just perfect. Still it remains a mistery to me (non game player or novel reader) why Rena and Mion have to turn into Oyashiro/Higurashi mode so suddenly and without apparent reason. I wonder If we will see an Oyashiro mode for Rika and Satoko as well (but I strongly hope so), on the next stages.

Rena. Well, after having seen the Rena of the first 4 episodes, there was always in me an inherited fear of her turning into Berserker mode again. (or is it just one character to go mad for each stage? Besides, both Rena both Mion went crazy in Onikakushi, when Rena was the main character. Now that in Watanagashi the main is Mion. I wonder.. geez.. so confusing ).

Keiichi, it's really a great character, but I really wouldn't like to be myself in his situation ^^ , his reactions are always fantastic though, the way he goes closer to the truth (or better saying, further from the lies), the more his expressions are good.

The last scene is a total winner, and pairs up a lot with the ending of episode 3 (when Rena rang the bell continuosly, at Keiichi's home). The hysterical laughters of Mion were really really impressive, and a nice closure to the episode.
As for happy or whatsoever.. my guess is that those were laughters of total madness.
And I also understood why it is so easy to confuse Mion with Shion (especially when on phone, and when only the voice can be heard). They have the same seiyuu , Kanai Mika , no wonder why I never recognize them!

Genial, cruel, insane, fascinating. In one word, Higurashi.

9/10
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2006-05-24, 14:44   Link #103
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
And I also understood why it is so easy to confuse Mion with Shion (especially when on phone, and when only the voice can be heard). They have the same seiyuu , Kanai Mika , no wonder why I never recognize them!
I assume you are looking at the wrong info written on animenfo.com. The correct seiyuu and their role(s) are:

Yukino Satsuki as Sonozaki Shion & Sonozaki Mion
Kanai Mika as Houjou Satoko

Surely, with the advent of wikipedia and its ease of editting such simple errors, anime information sites would go down into obscurity in the near future.
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2006-05-24, 14:53   Link #104
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I assume you are looking at the wrong info written on animenfo.com. The correct seiyuu and their role(s) are:

Yukino Satsuki as Sonozaki Shion & Sonozaki Mion
Kanai Mika as Houjou Satoko
Assuming well.. I noticed the fact of the seiyuu with double role yesterday while watching wind's translated ending credits. Though I didn't memorize the name. And besides, on the cast, the only two whose voice I would recognize among one thousand, are Nakahara Mai and Tamura Yukari. The others.. less.

Now, while posting, I took that info for granted and just took the name from animenfo. Thanks for the correction.

By the way, the concept remains the same. Same dubber, creates (wanted, and appropriate) confusion on the listener
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2006-05-24, 20:00   Link #105
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i just loved the looked on Keiichi's face when he figuers out that all the things Shion said on the phone couldnt have happen because of the time frame it was like a H-Bomb went off in his head. but this episode cleared up somethings that everyone had been speculating about some of the story still confuses me a bit but i wouldnt expect anything less from the series
__________________
Sinestra is online now  
Old 2006-05-26, 05:28   Link #106
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
My comment on this episode and this series is:
I wouldnt recomend watching it at night time. i had night mares the whole night ^_^.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2006-05-26, 05:40   Link #107
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
My comment on this episode and this series is:
I wouldnt recomend watching it at night time. i had night mares the whole night ^_^.
Yeah, I decided not to watch Higurashi at night since ep 3, it was giving me strange dreams. Unless I had School Rumble to flood my mind a bit after Higurashi
npal is offline  
Old 2006-05-26, 06:26   Link #108
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Yeah, I decided not to watch Higurashi at night since ep 3, it was giving me strange dreams. Unless I had School Rumble to flood my mind a bit after Higurashi
Buuh!
How comes I can't help but to watch it only when it's dark outside? ^^ I've tried during the day but I don't feel myself involved. It catches me much more in the darkness .. no, really

Spoiler for Not Safe for Evening/Night:


Back to a bit more serious discussion, I'm looking forward to the subbed version of episode 8 since I'm really curious about the end of Watanagashi.
And I'm also looking forward to the Tatarigoroshi arc, wondering if it will be 4 episodes long (wiki says it's formerly shorter).

Last note: this show has surpassed Suzumiya Haruhi as my preferred show of the current year. If in the first review I made about the two (after few episodes) I was assigning "A+" to SH and "A" to HnNKn , I'm for reversing those marks.
They're both excellent, but Higurashi gets the "plus" for how much keeps me waiting for the following episode week by week. Must be the shuffling they do with episodes order in Haruhi, but I don't feel the same there.

Although, admittedly, it's a titan wars we're talking about
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2006-05-29, 18:43   Link #109
raphaŽl
trainee archangel
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: actually quite close to Jim Morrison
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
I gave 9 to this episode. 9 only because, yes, that ladder scene is a complete failure. I really went like "WTF?" in the worst meaning. I was wondering how the actress could be so out of it, and how the team could let it be this way. I'm talking about the actress because if I'm not mistaken, seiyuu come always last, don't they? So that's part of their job to fit in what's been done, in my humble opinion. Like someone said, it's not like it would have been better if she screamed, but then, you have to rethink the animation because she IS supposed to scream. I don't know about the game or the novel, but looking at the animation without the sound, you can't imagine her voice otherwise.
It's not about the flan-like face. I'd even say it looks cool, when you think of what's happening... It just feels like the voice OR the animation have to be changed.

That's the first time in years I see such a spoilt scene in a overall excellent anime. Not scary, not disturbing, just really really weird. I only hope this would be redone for the DVD release... (dreaming)

And I hope I'm not only repeating what Pelly said. ^^
Well, I probably am...
__________________
YOU USED TO BE ALRIGHT, WHAT HAPPENED?
and my literary blog, in french :
www.pourlamaingauche.net
raphaŽl is offline  
Old 2006-05-29, 19:24   Link #110
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
I'm talking about the actress because if I'm not mistaken, seiyuu come always last, don't they?
Not really. Many seiyuu recordings are done when there are only static or very draft genga pictures are up on the screen. It's not unusual for seiyuus to act out when there is nothing but stick figures on the screen as well. So a certain scene may have the full cut animated already, but in the next scene they have to act out staring at a white blank screen. Hence, the seiyuus relies on the AR script and their professional acting skills to bring something to life - when nothing is brought to life at all.
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2006-05-30, 02:21   Link #111
raphaŽl
trainee archangel
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: actually quite close to Jim Morrison
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
Exclamation kj on top

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Not really. Many seiyuu recordings are done when there are only static or very draft genga pictures are up on the screen. It's not unusual for seiyuus to act out when there is nothing but stick figures on the screen as well. So a certain scene may have the full cut animated already, but in the next scene they have to act out staring at a white blank screen. Hence, the seiyuus relies on the AR script and their professional acting skills to bring something to life - when nothing is brought to life at all.
Right, sorry... It's not like I wasn't awared of that but I thought it was only on rare occasions. If you tell me it happens more often than that, well of course I believe you.

Anyway, it doesn't the change the fact, but explains why this scene is bad...
__________________
YOU USED TO BE ALRIGHT, WHAT HAPPENED?
and my literary blog, in french :
www.pourlamaingauche.net
raphaŽl is offline  
Old 2006-05-30, 03:10   Link #112
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Yeah, most of the time in Japan, the seiyuu dub to simplified scenes, and the final animating is done afterwards *has a clip of what seiyuu watch when they record*

But yeah, the scene in question in Higurashi is questionable. It could have had so much impact, but because the facial expression was too extreme for the acting (or the acting was too tame for the expressions), it just came out awkwardly, I think.
Chibi Nasu is offline  
Old 2006-05-30, 13:54   Link #113
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Rena's voice actress was very good though, kana...kana moeee . Rena chan :heeeaaart:
Rena's voise is so calm and protectively soothing when she is in serious mode
Like 12 minutes into the episode..."Rena wa shitteiruyo".... Her words just melt me...Rena chaaaaannnnn
Somehow I feel so safe when Rena is around, and Rena won't...EVER...disappear. She has the big cleaver after all. Rena = "sugoi-moe-protective-onee-chan-like-reliable-person" when she's serious (such long word for the name )
Rena chan :heart:



Of course when Rena is in higurashi mode, then her "Rena wa shitteiruyo" scares the heck out of me.....*me sugooii fear Rena....*/*me also lots lots :heart: Rena*
__________________

Last edited by Arimfe; 2006-05-30 at 14:30.
Arimfe is offline  
Old 2006-05-30, 16:48   Link #114
raphaŽl
trainee archangel
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: actually quite close to Jim Morrison
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
Rena's voice actress was very good though, kana...kana moeee . Rena chan :heeeaaart:
Rena's voise is so calm and protectively soothing when she is in serious mode
Like 12 minutes into the episode..."Rena wa shitteiruyo".... Her words just melt me...Rena chaaaaannnnn
Somehow I feel so safe when Rena is around, and Rena won't...EVER...disappear. She has the big cleaver after all. Rena = "sugoi-moe-protective-onee-chan-like-reliable-person" when she's serious (such long word for the name )
Rena chan :heart:



Of course when Rena is in higurashi mode, then her "Rena wa shitteiruyo" scares the heck out of me.....*me sugooii fear Rena....*/*me also lots lots :heart: Rena*

I guess everyone got your point.
__________________
YOU USED TO BE ALRIGHT, WHAT HAPPENED?
and my literary blog, in french :
www.pourlamaingauche.net
raphaŽl is offline  
Old 2007-07-06, 08:34   Link #115
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
well since season 2 has already started, I'm trying my best to catch up with season 1.....so far, I have gotten up to episode 7.

But I want to know one thing, does Mion really have a twin sister named Shion?
because if so, then...
Spoiler for HUH!!??:


I think this chapter currently has the most twist and turns for now...I know I still have a lot more to go, but for now, this is leaving me in a loop on who is killing who...hahaha I'll try my best to comprehend and I guess episode 8 will be the conclusion of this chapter.

And BTW, Mion shaking the ladder in this episode = some freaky stuff I've never seen in any anime
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline  
Old 2007-07-06, 09:36   Link #116
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Not much of a spoiler since it is clearly shown in the opener but Mion and Shion are twins.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline  
Old 2010-01-30, 02:17   Link #117
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Wow, what an episode, quite creepy, and woah, for Mion's crazy face in this episode, now I was watching the dub version of this episode, I think they did a fairly good job of syncing up the scene. Also I'm glad I wasn't the only one to get some Fatal Frame 2 vibes of this series, specifically this arc
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.