AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-02-01, 20:29   Link #2021
Xet
Storm of the 7 Heavens

Send a message via MSN to Xet
Hey,

I'm New to SnS (I happened across an AMV on you-tube and one thing led to another and i watched everything up to the SnS S OVA in 3 days lol) and I would like to say thank you for all the translations i have read on this board.

Having only watched the anime I was craving more. So i have naturally started to hunt down the novels which as i have read a damn hard to find and when you do cost your PoE to buy.

My opinions aside about the relationships/plot etc which have been flogged to death. I find the translations I have read both thrilling and exciting. Also kinda sad with the way things are going with SoF/Yuji and how to save what he loves he becomes the thing he vowed to destroy kinda thing

Really all i can add here is a massive thank you for the translations and keep up the good work.

PS. I know i said my opinions aside and then gave opinions!
Xet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 02:01   Link #2022
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Welcome, and hello, Xet.

@Elf song
I see.

I also see that most likely only Reshuffle, Ballroom, Juggle, Nomad, and Verger will be complied for SIII. What's Nomad about, I wonder...
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 03:04   Link #2023
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ballroom, Juggle, Nomad and Verger aren't really tied in with the main plot of the Third Season per se and they would just ruin the momentum. I think it's best if it goes after Reshuffle, Ceremony, Domicile and Zoetrope. That, along with the much longer Eternal Song (the Wilhelmina-Mathilde-Merihim sidestory), would form the Shakugan no Shana S series.

It's much more organized that way. :P

These nine stories are more of a "Shakugan no Shana Gaiden" than anything else, don't you think?

EDIT: I've been working on some additional articles on the Wiki about those new four titles Elf song has mentioned, by the way. Veeery little info as of now.

Veering away, I would like to ask the novel experts here the names of all possible locations mentioned in the anime but whose names aren't stated (like the bridge [Daitetsu Bridge] and the river where it's in [Mana River]).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 06:30   Link #2024
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

I believe the S series are a break from the main plot, though. Many, if not all, are side stories that aren't moving the plot. Some are flashbacks, some are back stories, others just short stories, etc. SIII will most likely compile those five, especially since they all were released after SII.

S sounds cooler than Gaiden: SnSS. See? Two S.

I'm wondering again, since Kaguyahime no Shana and Ojousama no Shana exists, and most likely won't be complied in SIII... are there any other short/side stories that S and SII didn't collect? (Asking Elf) Just how many short/side stories are there total?

Also, for fun because speculating is fun. Two categories: most powerful, and most skilled.

Top 7 Flame Hazes (any time period, including deceased)
Top 7 Flame Hazes (current and up to the latest volume, excluding deceased)
Top 7 Flame Hazes Jizaiho Casters (any time period, including deceased)
Top 7 Flame Hazes Jizaiho Casters (current and up to the latest volume, excluding deceased)

Same as the above for all Crimson Denizens.
Old 2010-02-02, 08:23   Link #2025
karasu-000
Deathwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Ballroom, Juggle, Nomad and Verger aren't really tied in with the main plot of the Third Season per se and they would just ruin the momentum. I think it's best if it goes after Reshuffle, Ceremony, Domicile and Zoetrope. That, along with the much longer Eternal Song (the Wilhelmina-Mathilde-Merihim sidestory), would form the Shakugan no Shana S series.

It's much more organized that way. :P

These nine stories are more of a "Shakugan no Shana Gaiden" than anything else, don't you think?

EDIT: I've been working on some additional articles on the Wiki about those new four titles Elf song has mentioned, by the way. Veeery little info as of now.

Veering away, I would like to ask the novel experts here the names of all possible locations mentioned in the anime but whose names aren't stated (like the bridge [Daitetsu Bridge] and the river where it's in [Mana River]).
Actually...
Spoiler for SnS S dates:

So if these will really come out, it's possible that the 'next' novel's' will come out.
karasu-000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 08:36   Link #2026
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yeah, I know that, lol. I'm just pointing out that shoving Ballroom, Juggle, Nomad and Verger will be very unlikely. Maybe by a long shot, one of the next four will be featured, like...

Sabrac's final moments which would trigger a flashback of him with Mare.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-02-02, 23:27   Link #2027
Elf song

I'll be back in March. Too many works and tests.

Last edited by Elf song; 2010-02-03 at 00:03.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 00:03   Link #2028
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That would be a long time, Elf song. Good luck!

Old 2010-02-03, 02:30   Link #2029
Xet
Storm of the 7 Heavens

Send a message via MSN to Xet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
GL to you
Old 2010-02-04, 05:59   Link #2030
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Not fun. Not fun at all. I hope you do well on those tests.

Bleh. I've just started taking classes again for this semester, but feeling lazy and apathetic in getting back on track right now due to taking a break for half a year.

Anyways, anyone for my Top 7 ranking?
Old 2010-02-05, 05:07   Link #2031
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailEmperor View Post
I believe the S series are a break from the main plot, though. Many, if not all, are side stories that aren't moving the plot. Some are flashbacks, some are back stories, others just short stories, etc. SIII will most likely compile those five, especially since they all were released after SII.

S sounds cooler than Gaiden: SnSS. See? Two S.

I'm wondering again, since Kaguyahime no Shana and Ojousama no Shana exists, and most likely won't be complied in SIII... are there any other short/side stories that S and SII didn't collect? (Asking Elf) Just how many short/side stories are there total?

Also, for fun because speculating is fun. Two categories: most powerful, and most skilled.

Top 7 Flame Hazes (any time period, including deceased)
Top 7 Flame Hazes (current and up to the latest volume, excluding deceased)
Top 7 Flame Hazes Jizaiho Casters (any time period, including deceased)
Top 7 Flame Hazes Jizaiho Casters (current and up to the latest volume, excluding deceased)

Same as the above for all Crimson Denizens.
Top 7 Tomogara:

1) Alastor (duh...)
2) SnH (duh...)
3) Ajiz
4) Hecate
5) Sabrac
6) Iluyanka
7) Ullikummi (Why? Because in the manga, his winds literally carved canyons in hills and forests. That's pretty darned impressive)

No idea where to put these:

Merihim
Dantalion
Molech
Sydonnay (He kills powerful Flame Hazes but just how powerful said Flame Haze is is kinda....vague)
Bel Peol

Also...just realized that Sophie's boss is called Takemikazuchi....wonder who's this deity in real life. Takemikazuchi-no-mikoto....
Old 2010-02-05, 14:30   Link #2032
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

So who actually has hope that Viz will get off their ass and get some more of the novels out. Now that they took online translations off.

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 04:30   Link #2033
karasu-000
Deathwish

@Elf song: Good luck ^^

@Marcus H.: I agree... but we might receive something we do not expect on SnS too.
As for the 'moments' that Sabrac was with Mare...
Spoiler for Gameplay:

Shoot. I used a spoiler tag XD
Old 2010-02-06, 19:53   Link #2034
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I would like to see a walkthrough of the game, though it's impossible since it hasn't been licensed outside Japan. :<

Old 2010-02-06, 22:52   Link #2035
karasu-000
Deathwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I would like to see a walkthrough of the game, though it's impossible since it hasn't been licensed outside Japan. :<
My friend in Japan wouldn't tell me either... it's just that she kept bragging about the game and telling me that Mare was there. With Sabrac. In the end of her story...
Old 2010-02-06, 22:57   Link #2036
karasu-000
Deathwish

Spoiler for DS:

Found this somewhere...

But this is a start of another thread, that's why I think I'll have to stop this...

Last edited by karasu-000; 2010-02-06 at 22:59. Reason: Forgot some details...
Old 2010-02-07, 20:19   Link #2037
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
So who actually has hope that Viz will get off their ass and get some more of the novels out. Now that they took online translations off.
I have some hope. They actually bothered to get the Baka-Tsuki translation down so they should live up to their word and continue the series. I don't want to be stuck with the inferior anime.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:32   Link #2038
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
Sorry but not me. Viz have proven more than once to be jerkasses. Even if they do release more novels, my bet is they won't go past VII
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 01:49   Link #2039
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't even have hope they would even come close to Volume IV! Ugh, I gotta agree, they're such a pain in the arse. >:|

Old 2010-02-08, 08:55   Link #2040
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Sorry but not me. Viz have proven more than once to be jerkasses. Even if they do release more novels, my bet is they won't go past VII
VII? That's if you are lucky.

I mean.....it's been what? 3 Years since the Viz versions? And they are still at......II

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen