AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-10, 19:23   Link #21
FeiFongWong

I second Ayumi Hamasaki, a lot of her stuff that I like start out slow then picks up a new face pace. She also has a load of remixs of her songs, looks of which into rap and trance stuff, but I prefer her original songs.

Some songs of hers I like are... Moments... Ourselfs... Free & Easy.... Boys & Girls... Dearest (song from Inuyasha)... there are more but can't think of them atm.
Old 2004-07-12, 12:52   Link #22
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
aya ueto
i like her voice

also...dont post junk up like 'i cant post links to where you can dload songs'
its pretty obvious
and posting links to sites where you can buy songs is somewhat useful
but
if someone is asking for recommendations, chances are that they wont go and shell out the 20+ to buy the cd

http://www.j-fan.com

reviews, samples, news
Old 2004-07-13, 14:55   Link #23
Mflourished
Verbalgalactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown_
can anyone recommend some japanese singers n their songs? i like fast songs but since i'm not japanese, i don't know what songs to download.
i am currently listening to a few songs:
1. Koda Kumi- real emotion; 1000 no kotoba
2. SPEED- white love; be my love; alive
3. n some other anime songs

can anyone tell me what else is good?
Hey, that really depends on what genre of music you would like? Pop? R&B? Rock? HipHop? Soul? Opera? Techno? If you're able to identify your favourites, then it will be much easier to point out the Japanese artists and records for every genre.
Old 2004-07-14, 01:51   Link #24
Rizzorian

Nami Tamaki is a really good JPop artist.

Shes done the opening songs Believe and Realize for Gundam Seed.

As stated a few times thru here u can purchase her CD thru Tofu Records.

I had the chance to see her in concert at the A-Kon 15 Convention here in Dallas last month, as well as Psycho le Cemu, Camino, and Do as Infinity. Was also able to get autographs from each. ^^
Old 2004-07-14, 11:15   Link #25
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

It's all about Shiina Ringo- some of the most original music you will ever hear with a great voice- you can get her music legitimately off the web. (I wish I could find it over here though)

There's also a site (don't worry mods) where you can LISTEN to 3 of her songs:

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/jgirlsrock/

I do believe this is quite legal- if it isn't, somebody tell me and I'll take the url down
Old 2004-07-19, 07:37   Link #26
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
^^ i love most of the songs sung by Hayashibara Megumi and the songs sung by Ishida Yoko is also nice
Old 2004-07-19, 18:28   Link #27
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
^^ i love most of the songs sung by Hayashibara Megumi and the songs sung by Ishida Yoko is also nice
Ditto to that! Especially Megumi Hayashibara! (As you can see, she's popular. ) I would also recommend Chihiro Yonekura. She has a pretty voice and some good songs. She has a lot of slow songs, but the fast songs she has are really good. And I suggest you expand your tastes too! Fast songs are great and fun and all, but there are some really gorgeous slow songs out there. Try 'em out.
Old 2004-07-20, 23:27   Link #28
Uesugi-sama
暗殺戦術特殊部隊

Send a message via AIM to Uesugi-sama
Well my favourite J-pop singer is and probably will always be Utada Hikaru. First runner up is Ayumi Hamasaki who has better lyrics but a less refined voice. I really despise Morning Musume and Dream and a lot of other bands that just suck in my opinion.
My two favourite composers are Yoko Kanno (I went to her live concert) and Yasunori Mitsuda. I was really impressed with Kanno after she wrote the beautiful traditional Japanese music for Nobunaga's Ambition: Record of Military Affairs and I fell in love with the soundtracks for Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne. I recently also got the Macross soundtrack, and again I loved it. Mitsuda's work for Chrono Trigger, Xenogears and Xenosaga are awesome, but what really blew me away was his work for Chrono Cross and Xenogears Creid.
As for J-Rock, the only band I really ever liked was L'arc~en~Ciel. I'm not a huge J-Rock fan, but I can stand their songs.
Old 2004-07-23, 02:47   Link #29
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
not mentioning about yonekura chihiro doesn't mean i don't enjoy her song... i just bought her album Chihirox..or so...haven't open yet..geshh coz me a bundle...i love most of the songs sung by her..espcially winter wish, butterfly kiss, and reurn to myself
Old 2004-08-08, 21:32   Link #30
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
jap singers?? o well i'll try my best...
Auymi Hamasaki
Koda Kumi
Boa
Utada Hikaru
Hitoe
Kikoe
Mika Nakashima
Maaya Sakamoto
Okui Masami
uh...it's sooo hard to find jap i really need to go sort these things out...u want korean?
Old 2004-08-17, 08:22   Link #31
Anko
みたらしアンコ

Send a message via MSN to Anko
Heh, I'm gonna list some too:

Akino Arai
Aya Ueto
Ayumi Hamasaki
B'Z
Chihiro Yonekura
Day After Tomorrow
Do As Infinity
Dream
Gackt
Ken Hirai
Kinki Kids
Maaya Sakamoto
Namie Amuro
See Saw (Yuki Kajiura!!)
Speed
Shimokawa Mikuni
The Brilliant Green
Old 2004-08-17, 09:11   Link #32
LytHka
Banned

If you liked the Onegai! series and such I'd suggest you get yourself some "I've Sound" albums.

I've sound is sort of like a Japanese group of music artists. They're well known for their collaborations with H-games, but their songs are kickass. In I've Sound you can find artists like KOTOKO, Mell, Lia, etc. Lots of artists, mostly trance inspired songs, though I like to call it "low-low-low trance." The music beats are great and the girls have wonderful voices. One artist that gets a lot of attention these days is KOTOKO. She released her solo album Hane in may.

http://www.ivesound.jp <-- some information
Old 2004-08-17, 22:41   Link #33
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

I'd put in Ritsuko Okazaki [who is half of Melocure] for all her outstanding work done during a tragically short life [fatal blood poisoning middle of this year]. She wrote for Love Hina and sang the themes for Fruits Basket, Stratos 4, Sister Princess and UFO Princess Walkure.

Still not too late to love her.
Old 2004-08-18, 11:01   Link #34
Anko
みたらしアンコ

Send a message via MSN to Anko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
I'd put in Ritsuko Okazaki [who is half of Melocure] for all her outstanding work done during a tragically short life [fatal blood poisoning middle of this year]. She wrote for Love Hina and sang the themes for Fruits Basket, Stratos 4, Sister Princess and UFO Princess Walkure.

Still not too late to love her.
She what?! Ritsuko was a great singer...
Old 2004-08-18, 11:24   Link #35
Moonspell
German Member

Send a message via ICQ to Moonspell Send a message via MSN to Moonspell
J-Rock:
definetly Dir En Grey and Psycho Le Cemu

J-Pop:
Boa
Misia
MORNING MUSUME (very pop & Crazy)
Ayumi Hamasaki
Utada Hikaru
Mr. Children

i love them all ^^
Old 2004-08-18, 23:44   Link #36
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anko
She what?! Ritsuko was a great singer...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=8547

Her credit and work.
Closed Thread