AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-08, 14:18   Link #261
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: florida
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
This system is not for threatening, but for making camriping unable. There are rather strict laws about pirates in Japan, so they needn't threaten someone any more. As far as i remeber the punishment is till 6 years of prison, but i may be mistaken.

So strange that America for some reasons hasn't *no pirating promo* before movies, cause this country should have the greatest interest in pirates fighting, cause Hollywood is the main looser in this fight .
But it's on DVDs. I have a few where it blocks the forward button, so I can't skip through them. Drives me crazy. Still, not so much a short as a static image with a stern warning from FBI or whomever.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 14:49   Link #262
tolerantfire
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Russia
Age: 23
That's why i prefer to download dvdrips or dvd2 files from the Internet. There is no stupid advertising and warnings there. I don't know how does it in whole world, but here in Russia we get a camrip of new films in 10 hours after premiere. So it's quite hellish for russian fans to wait for something for a 6-9 monthes. I still rely on jap pirates, and wish them good luck =)
tolerantfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 18:18   Link #263
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 18
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
I've never relied on stuff like that, 'cause when I started getting into Haruhi (March, 17, 2009..Is it weird I know the date?) everything (CD's, DVD's, Character songs ect.) had already been released, so I didn't haveto wait a few months for anything.
But when the re-airing came out I started having to wait a week like everyone else and stuff...
But It's almost been a year, I think I can wait 7 or so months...
Why do they release movies on DVD's so many months after It comes out, though?
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 18:28   Link #264
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Why do they release movies on DVD's so many months after It comes out, though?
Money. They want to sell more movie tickets, as maybe there'll be someone who would see the movie, but with the DVD out would just buy the DVD.. that's a movie ticket they could have sold! They time these things so that they feel they get the most profit from it; no other reason.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 18:44   Link #265
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 18
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
But, I mean, when the movie's out of theatres
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 20:36   Link #266
Animexcel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
I've never relied on stuff like that, 'cause when I started getting into Haruhi (March, 17, 2009..Is it weird I know the date?) everything (CD's, DVD's, Character songs ect.) had already been released, so I didn't haveto wait a few months for anything.
But when the re-airing came out I started having to wait a week like everyone else and stuff...
But It's almost been a year, I think I can wait 7 or so months...
Why do they release movies on DVD's so many months after It comes out, though?
Well, the Haruhi anime came out in 2006, it's been waiting for you actually
As for the new stuff, that's how it's been for a while. And a movie is given a certain time to make money at the theaters depending on the success. 6 months at least.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 21:06   Link #267
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
But, I mean, when the movie's out of theatres
Then there's on demand pay per view cable, of course! (In the US, anyway).
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 04:07   Link #268
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
That's why i prefer to download dvdrips or dvd2 files from the Internet. There is no stupid advertising and warnings there.
And that is precisely why it isn't all that common a practice... most of the people who actually end up seeing the warning are paying customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
I've never relied on stuff like that, 'cause when I started getting into Haruhi (March, 17, 2009..Is it weird I know the date?)
Hey, that was my most recent birthday! I so love living in a world of green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Then there's on demand pay per view cable, of course! (In the US, anyway).
That generally coincides with the DVD release, if not being a few months later than that.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 06:04   Link #269
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
1. Instead of cutting out the drinking scene from Lone Island Syndrome like the anime did, they kept that part for the movie (which will likely confuse some people)
This likely means KyoAni is claiming the novel version is canon, and that the TV version of Lone Island is unofficial history. It's fair, as the Lone Island episodes are the least faithful episodes in the whole series.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 07:25   Link #270
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
This system is not for threatening, but for making camriping unable. There are rather strict laws about pirates in Japan, so they needn't threaten someone any more. As far as i remeber the punishment is till 6 years of prison, but i may be mistaken.

So strange that America for some reasons hasn't *no pirating promo* before movies, cause this country should have the greatest interest in pirates fighting, cause Hollywood is the main looser in this fight .
What's the point of the *No Pirating promo* lol, it's not like it hurts anyone when it airs. Of course, it might create a guilt twitch, but then again, if one has already taken the initiative to be a pirate the twitch wouldn't matter.

Now, the 6 years in prison for pirates, THAT'S a real punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Then there's on demand pay per view cable, of course! (In the US, anyway).
You guys have anime movies on demand PPV cable?!
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 07:52   Link #271
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
You guys have anime movies on demand PPV cable?!
All I can remember is one of the Pokemon movies. Haven't really had access to that service in a while, so I don't know if it's available for others.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 07:55   Link #272
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This likely means KyoAni is claiming the novel version is canon, and that the TV version of Lone Island is unofficial history. It's fair, as the Lone Island episodes are the least faithful episodes in the whole series.
I doubt they're going to have any kind of official contradiction of the Lone Island Syndrome episodes like that. Fans do weird things when you interfere with internal history. More likely the Disappearance reference is either vague enough that it could be at a different time than LIS, or is structured in such a way that it and the anime events in LIS both happened. It'd be brilliant, for instance, if it was stated that the drunkenness as noted in the novel LIS did occur during the events of the anime LIS adaptation, but Kyon was too drunk to remember (and thus relate) them... ^_^

Besides, there's anime "canon" and manga "canon", but the only "real" canon has ever been the novel canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
You guys have anime movies on demand PPV cable?!
They have all kinds of crazy stuff on On Demand. It's usually just sooner-than-HBO type releases, or concerts, but it wouldn't surprise me too much.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 08:55   Link #273
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I doubt they're going to have any kind of official contradiction of the Lone Island Syndrome episodes like that. Fans do weird things when you interfere with internal history. More likely the Disappearance reference is either vague enough that it could be at a different time than LIS, or is structured in such a way that it and the anime events in LIS both happened. It'd be brilliant, for instance, if it was stated that the drunkenness as noted in the novel LIS did occur during the events of the anime LIS adaptation, but Kyon was too drunk to remember (and thus relate) them... ^_^

Besides, there's anime "canon" and manga "canon", but the only "real" canon has ever been the novel canon.
Your last sentence is the absolute truth. If not for the novel, the manga nor the anime/movie would be created. The anime and manga have to be adapted from the novels (and of course pass through standards and practices, which is why the scene was cut and Mikuru getting spiked by an absolute weak amount of alcohol). The only thing that can be considered anime "canon" is "Someday in the Rain", but even that has been adapted into novel "canon" in The Sneaker. I agree that the reference will be adapted to make sense, afterall the anime could be rationalized to have skipped animating that day (I need to review the episode to make 100% sure this is logical).

On one more note, this is absolute nitpicking, but the novel starts on December 16th with the Christmas party with an extra day between it and the world changing while the movie has the party on the 17th. Not really enough to make a difference, but just explaining the difference for later.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 14:18   Link #274
tolerantfire
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Russia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
What's the point of the *No Pirating promo* lol, it's not like it hurts anyone when it airs. Of course, it might create a guilt twitch, but then again, if one has already taken the initiative to be a pirate the twitch wouldn't matter.

Now, the 6 years in prison for pirates, THAT'S a real punishment.

You guys have anime movies on demand PPV cable?!
It's an enigma for me too, how this clips are expected to work, but, as example, when i was in cinema to watch *Avatar*, there was such kind of clips there and besides standard words about punishment, there was the call to report about pirating to cinema's workers, so you understand =)

About the infrared rays, some news sites mentioned that this innovation will be applied in 2010 as experimental, so there is actually no chance for it to be used in disappearance premiere.

Ps, all these talks about pirating seems to be , gomennasai.
tolerantfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 16:38   Link #275
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: florida
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
They have all kinds of crazy stuff on On Demand. It's usually just sooner-than-HBO type releases, or concerts, but it wouldn't surprise me too much.
I would be surprised if the Disappearance movie were available through my OnDemand service - I have Comcast, and the only options for anime are the AdultSwim block and the Funimation block. I think there's also AnimeNetwork or something that offers OnDemand service? I'm not sure of the name - once we got the cable package that offered OnDemand, that company stopped distributing with Comcast about a month later. (Exploring the OnDemand is how I got back into anime this year, after several years of not caring, thanks to that particular company's offering of ARIA.)

I don't know if that company offers Haruhi, but if they do, there's a possibility of maybe getting the movie. Funimation was airing the xxxHolic and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles movies a few months ago, though I don't have a clue if they were originally aired in theatres or if they were OADs. But they were listed as movies in the descriptions before you order them, so.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 13:14   Link #276
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Human eys don't work the same as digital camera sensors.
Is this reason why when you look at a monitor screens via a camera, you sometimes see those horizontal lines going across the screen. Happens a lot when you watch TV and theres a monitor in the background.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
it's interesting to know, how the sick man, that is kyon, found himself on the roof of the hospital and also where did they put the scene of drunken feast here?=)
It's more of a reference line by Haruhi saying that she'll never drink alcohol again in the novel during the Christmas party planning session. There may be a visual flashback picture/scene during that scene in the movie or it could just be the same line. Either way, it's something that people who haven't read the novel won't get.
Seeing it as a flashback would be totally awsome! I've always wanted to see that scene (or any drunk Haruhi) in animated glory.
Does anyone know how strict they are about censorship in movies for cinemas? Cutting out the 'under age drinking' in Lone Island and Sighs was fair enough, since its being broadcasted on national TV. But what about for cinema viewing?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
Well, the Haruhi anime came out in 2006, it's been waiting for you actually
Back then, you didn't even need to look for the series... IT found YOU.


Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I doubt they're going to have any kind of official contradiction of the Lone Island Syndrome episodes like that. Fans do weird things when you interfere with internal history.
Then how the f*ck does Bleach (any many other series) get away with doing a filler arc, which totally distorts the continuity story, then suddenly resuming?
Or are fans from that side of the population less prone to getting into... eh, 'rage-mode'?
Or maybe they're ok with finishing random arcs with:
Spoiler for just in case:
__________________

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 13:41   Link #277
tolerantfire
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Russia
Age: 23
Quote:
Seeing it as a flashback would be totally awsome! I've always wanted to see that scene (or any drunk Haruhi) in animated glory.
Does anyone know how strict they are about censorship in movies for cinemas? Cutting out the 'under age drinking' in Lone Island and Sighs was fair enough, since its being broadcasted on national TV. But what about for cinema viewing?
Eto... what scene was cut out from Sighs? Was there any other drunken man besides Mikuru?o_O And i've just rememered that Imouto was on LI too, so maybe she'll also be drunken he-he-he =)
tolerantfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 13:46   Link #278
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
Eto... what scene was cut out from Sighs? Was there any other drunken man besides Mikuru?o_O And i've just rememered that Imouto was on LI too, so maybe she'll also be drunken he-he-he =)
Mikuru was drunk off of tequilla in the novel whereas in the anime they had to use a less alcoholic drink to pass the censors. I sincerely doubt that they'll show Kyon's sister in a flashback (if there is one) since she was not there in the novel, and they seem to be using the novel as a reference for this scene.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 16:10   Link #279
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Is this reason why when you look at a monitor screens via a camera, you sometimes see those horizontal lines going across the screen. Happens a lot when you watch TV and theres a monitor in the background.
More or less. Cameras output a series of snapshots of what the sensor is "seeing" at the instant of each frame (that's a gross generalization, but it's relatively correct for the comparison). The human eye and brain output "frames' as well (sbout 24 per second) but the nerves in your eye pick up more of what's in between "frames" and your brain factors that in and interpolates somewhat with each previous picture. That's why cameras will show a dark area on a TV screen on each frame (the area where there is no light coming from the screen at that very instant), especially when filming an interlaced signal, but your eyes "fill in" the gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I doubt they're going to have any kind of official contradiction of the Lone Island Syndrome episodes like that. Fans do weird things when you interfere with internal history.
Then how the f*ck does Bleach (any many other series) get away with doing a filler arc, which totally distorts the continuity story, then suddenly resuming?
Or are fans from that side of the population less prone to getting into... eh, 'rage-mode'?
Or maybe they're ok with finishing random arcs with:
Spoiler for just in case:
Most Bleach fans, like most average shounen action fans, are like professional wrestling fans. As long as you keep the well-drawn/choreographed fights and occasional fanservice coming, they're pretty forgiving in the logic department (although not completely apathetic, as the recent "Aizen is too broken" hullabaloo illustrates). If so-and-so looks cool, they won't care too much that the guy he's now gladly buddying up with is the same one who nearly brutally murdered him a little while back. Although if something comes up that needs to be based on backstory or events that have been ignored, forgotten, or even contradicted for months, they're okay with that, too... All the plot lawyers are reading Negima and FMA, and enjoying them immensely.

What also works for the Bleach anime is that with a few exceptions (like the Bount Arc), the filler arcs aren't really canon to even the rest if the anime. Normally that would be a huge issue (see Naruto) but several of the arcs (like the recent/current Zanpakutou Arc, or the Whatshername Loli-hime Arc, or the Evil Vice-Captain Decoy Arc), simply can't have happened in normal continuity, as they never could have fit in between the canon events that Ichigo's power levels require they happened between, and they make no effort to even really try. They are very much gaiden of the non-canonical variety, much like most anime movies are (like all the Bleach movies).
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 04:52   Link #280
tolerantfire
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Russia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Mikuru was drunk off of tequilla in the novel whereas in the anime they had to use a less alcoholic drink to pass the censors. I sincerely doubt that they'll show Kyon's sister in a flashback (if there is one) since she was not there in the novel, and they seem to be using the novel as a reference for this scene.
If they do so, it'll a bit illogical, because novel is novel and anime is anime, how can KyoAni deny what's they have already done? If there will be a flashback to LI, they may make up some trick to get ride of imouto for this scene, but even in this way how will they explain the fact that only orange juice was on the table during evening of drunken feast in anime =)
tolerantfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.