AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-09, 18:16   Link #1021
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

(a little late) BB hasn't got praise at all for it's story, it's only been commended for not being total trash of a story. But it was and is designed to be fragmented so it could eternally reform it. I'm not saying it's bad or worse than GG just that it isn't great nor better than GG.

GG isn't hard to understand at all, i don't see how it can be, it's told it and continued it through MANY games very vividly so i'm not sure why it's so hard to understand.

and I still hate /\ and will forever hate her, she is a lazy ass design in every way and the only way to fix her is to remove her lol.
Old 2010-02-09, 20:12   Link #1022
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i'm going to assume that she plays like Nu..
Doubt it, not ArcSys's style.

Quote:
i also don't think that's her armored form.
Considering it's got all the hallmarks of Nu/Lambda's armour, I doubt Mu even has an armoured form of her own. She probably actually uses that hugeass sword to actually fight.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-02-09 at 20:28.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 21:03   Link #1023
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Any chance for rebalancing?
Old 2010-02-10, 00:05   Link #1024
Xion Valkyrie

I think I'm in love.

mu-12 <3
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 00:08   Link #1025
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Any chance for rebalancing?
nah, cause then they'd have to redo the arcades as well if they want tournaments to be fair.

mu-12 will already be tournament illegal, unless they do update the arcades.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9658563

how not to play against a Tager as /\. who needs zoning?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-02-10 at 01:16.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 04:34   Link #1026
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
nah, cause then they'd have to redo the arcades as well if they want tournaments to be fair.
Well....that's what I'm wishing.
But I guess it's already too late for something like this.
Old 2010-02-11, 04:18   Link #1027
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwatch2muchanime View Post
(a little late) BB hasn't got praise at all for it's story, it's only been commended for not being total trash of a story. But it was and is designed to be fragmented so it could eternally reform it. I'm not saying it's bad or worse than GG just that it isn't great nor better than GG.

GG isn't hard to understand at all, i don't see how it can be, it's told it and continued it through MANY games very vividly so i'm not sure why it's so hard to understand.

and I still hate /\ and will forever hate her, she is a lazy ass design in every way and the only way to fix her is to remove her lol.
Good god please stop, it's almost as embarrassing as Gundam SEED fans saying there is no yaoi overtones at all in their show.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 11:16   Link #1028
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering, why would mu-12 be illegal in tourneys just because she's a console exclusive?

I mean, Street Fighter 4 tourneys allow the console characters, so I don't see why BB should be any different. Unless Arcsys does things differently? I wouldn't know, since I didn't follow GG tourneys way back when.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 11:44   Link #1029
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just wondering, why would mu-12 be illegal in tourneys just because she's a console exclusive?.
because tournaments are run on the arcade build of the game. arcade players then have no practice with or against console exclusive characters. plus most of the time secret characters are grossly unbalanced.

@westlo, what yaoi overtones?!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-02-11, 20:26   Link #1030
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Good god please stop, it's almost as embarrassing as Gundam SEED fans saying there is no yaoi overtones at all in their show.
which part lol? Bb story, GG story or Gay-12?
Old 2010-02-11, 21:21   Link #1031
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
because tournaments are run on the arcade build of the game. arcade players then have no practice with or against console exclusive characters. plus most of the time secret characters are grossly unbalanced.
Then why can't they run tourneys on the console build like they do with SF4?

Which reminds me, one of my favourite EVO 2009 video was during the playoffs, and one American's Cammy just MURDERED a Japanese player's Ryu because he didn't know how to play against her. Again, if EVO allows such a thing, why should anyone make an exception to BB? It's the guy's fault for not brushing up his skills against console characters, after all.

I can understand if mu-12 is on the level of Unlimited characters, but I highly doubt it. If anything she'd be at most on the level of V-13 in CT; it'd be shame to waste the time and effort making the character only to have her left in the sidelines for being 'too broken'.

Old 2010-02-11, 22:36   Link #1032
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Quote:
at first, it was funny listening to you whine because you were clearly very short sighted on the subject. now you're just coming across as a person who's sore about losing too many times to Nu when you played the game. and you're also easily tagged as a person who's sore that arcsys decided to make BB instead of a new GG.

@DK, i have no idea. that's just now it normally works.

Old 2010-02-12, 09:01   Link #1033
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

And what I was trying to say that it normally works in the way that console exclusives are actually legal in tourneys. Don't think they'd make an exception for CS.

Old 2010-02-13, 11:51   Link #1034
Westlo
Lets be reality

Actually aren't they going to update the arcade release of CS to the console version, I heard the console is Mu-12 + some more rebalancing.

Quote:
GG's story isn't anywhere near as good as BB's, it's a mess, who cares anyway, it's a fighting game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Which reminds me, one of my favourite EVO 2009 video was during the playoffs, and one American's Cammy just MURDERED a Japanese player's Ryu because he didn't know how to play against her. Again, if EVO allows such a thing, why should anyone make an exception to BB? It's the guy's fault for not brushing up his skills against console characters, after all.
That was Sanfords Cammy, he's the best in America at MvC2 and the best East Coast player for SF4 in America, since Justin moved to west. He mains Sagat atm though he can play half the cast at a ridiculously high level.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-02-13 at 12:20.
Old 2010-02-13, 13:44   Link #1035
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

i did not hear anything about an arcade rebalance. but i haven't been going to DL much.

Old 2010-02-13, 15:25   Link #1036
Westlo
Lets be reality

I think I misinterpreted someone's post, when they said put the unbalanced original version behind them they probably meant CT and I thought he was referring to CS Arcade. CS is still unbalanced.. they just switched the characters around...
Old 2010-02-13, 16:13   Link #1037
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

That's the point i'm making, they're all fighting games and the story in all of them aren't good. GG's isn't and BB's isn't. They also aren't better than each other. Whether they areornot is solely based on you interpretation. You can have a stylistic yet generic post apocalypse story or a stylistic generic dimension jumping story. You choose. (imean it's Aksys so it's gonna be stylisized)

@germanturkey, i laugh when you say "lose to Nu",as a Bang player NU as a character is totally fine because it's an even match-up, i rarely lose to Nu's andeven then it's to EscapingJail or someone like that who effectively know to keep me at bay with her. I don't really care about HER in game, I just hate HER as a character, along with everyone else in this game aside from Bang, Tao and Hazama. If it isn't these 3 than the character sucks (IMO) and I hate them. The only people I care about in game aer Arakune, Tao, Carl and Jin (and even now Jin only in CT) because they're the bad Bang match-ups. It just so happens I hate them as characters too making them completely worthless. (IMO)
Old 2010-02-14, 01:48   Link #1038
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

There is such a big difference in quality comparing GG's and BB's stories, that it's quite obvious the latter is superior to the former that you can't even chalk it up to audience interpretation.

It would be like saying Bakemonogatari and Princess Lover's stories aren't better than the other, and those who do say the former is better is just due to their interpretation. And we all know how ridiculous that is....

Old 2010-02-14, 04:27   Link #1039
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Ya except that example and the BB/GG is different.
You can sum up the story of both BB and GG in a terribly construed run-on sentence. The BB story is nothing special, the GG story is nothing special. There isn't a huge gap between them because they're both bleh, as are all fighting game stories. (although SF is definitely lower than the rest)
Old 2010-02-14, 04:34   Link #1040
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
You can sum up the story of both BB and GG in a terribly construed run-on sentence.
What kind of stupid thing to say is this? Anything can be summed up in a terribly construed run-on sentence. If you're just trying to say that GG's and BB's plots are both terribly construed, you're wording it in a way that is entirely wrong. Summarising a story in a terribly construed run-on sentence isn't a sign that the story is terribly contrued, it's a sign that the person summarising has incredible difficulty piecing together comprehensible statements. Hell, simply being a run-on sentence is a sign of poor grammar.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-02-14 at 08:10.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360