AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-08-17, 05:25   Link #1
Naru_Narusegawa
Assasin Cross of Sunset

Valkyrie

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/6306/Victo...e-colored-.jpg
Naru_Narusegawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 06:45   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Nice picture, but I'm curious why you named it Valkyrie?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 11:01   Link #3
Naru_Narusegawa
Assasin Cross of Sunset

well..shes the main char in my manga project..
Old 2004-08-18, 18:08   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Is she supposed to be a valkyrie or is that just her name? I'll admit that she does have something of a shinigami look to her with the black clothes and clawed glove. And valkyries are Norse shinigami. Regardless, she does have a very cool character design.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 18:46   Link #5
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
Valkyrie is beautiful name,.... one that can contain exxxagerated momos (boo+b) though, but i like the face cover it brings on a Sequel appeal to see more! In other words, the name of your drawing rOCkz!, = D
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 08:54   Link #6
Naru_Narusegawa
Assasin Cross of Sunset

^^thanksthankie
Old 2004-08-19, 09:27   Link #7
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeshefied
Valkyrie is beautiful name,.... one that can contain exxxagerated momos (boo+b) though, but i like the face cover it brings on a Sequel appeal to see more! In other words, the name of your drawing rOCkz!, = D
Hmm... I agree that Valkyrie is a very beautiful name with a very deep meaning in it. Err... regarding the picture... i think is very nice and well done, but i was curious whether are you trying to draw it as a manga style or american's style? Cause usually a manga they like to draw girls with big eyes or beautifully, but you way of presenting it doesn't look so....well maybe a little i guess. Still i like it, ^^ but there's still alot of room for improvement. Ganbatte!!!!
Note: I don't think Valkyrie suit her that much, cause she seems to be very mysterious and dangerous, should have given her a different name that sounds cool instead of Beautiful....such as.... err... Kerious?? Kana?? since she's a Elf (I presume so....) why don't give her a Elfen name?? Myu??? Hehehehe...

Anyways, Ganbatte mo Hitotsu!! ^_^

btw, shoeshefied? Who is the girl at your avatar?? Very Cute ^^
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 19:04   Link #8
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
hmm.... an alternative? i wouldnt even thought of that. I think, in my opinion "Valkyrie'.... could be a hidden name for her..something she doesnt like to be called... and she prefers her name as "VaL".. (and thats a capitol L). I'm storming up a story already.. woohoo, dont take me for infringing or anything... ok here it goes...
--An atoned birth, she was struck with this name adopted and preserve to her by the ShamiKs of the Great WaterFalL (and thats a capitol L too ..loll) Village... and so her name... something something, get it?.. hey could be a good substitute for a a guy name anime too.. like ...maybe "Valkyru" harRhahar...."vaLkyrus?

*poof*
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 19:13   Link #9
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
but i was curious whether are you trying to draw it as a manga style or american's style? Cause usually a manga they like to draw girls with big eyes or beautifully, but you way of presenting it doesn't look so....well maybe a little i guess.
not really, style differs from 1 artist to another... usually more to do with the audience it's appealing to.
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote