AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-11, 04:59   Link #281
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
If they do so, it'll a bit illogical, because novel is novel and anime is anime, how can KyoAni deny what's they have already done? If there will be a flashback to LI, they may make up some trick to get ride of imouto for this scene, but even in this way how will they explain the fact that only orange juice was on the table during evening of drunken feast in anime =)
Orange Cocktail?

Narf.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 05:08   Link #282
tolerantfire
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Russia
Age: 22
It seems to be their only way out =), but as far as i remember imouto had a glass of this drink too, so it rather imposible =)
tolerantfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 07:28   Link #283
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
It seems to be their only way out =), but as far as i remember imouto had a glass of this drink too, so it rather imposible =)
They had cocktails, she had plain juice.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 07:51   Link #284
darksassin
Is this dangerous??
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Unknown Void, M'sia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
If they do so, it'll a bit illogical, because novel is novel and anime is anime, how can KyoAni deny what's they have already done? If there will be a flashback to LI, they may make up some trick to get ride of imouto for this scene, but even in this way how will they explain the fact that only orange juice was on the table during evening of drunken feast in anime =)
maybe they serve alcoholic drinks after imouto has asleep. Younger kids tend to sleep early.lol
Especially after active playing at that day
It could happen, right?
__________________
darksassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 08:59   Link #285
tolerantfire
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Russia
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
maybe they serve alcoholic drinks after imouto has asleep. Younger kids tend to sleep early.lol
Especially after active playing at that day
It could happen, right?
Of course it could >.< In fact i am quite sure that it will be shown like something you've written about.

Quote:
They had cocktails, she had plain juice.
As i remember, they made hanabi and something like *ghost searching* after that dinner. But you may say that there is NO guarantee they were
sober during thоse actions, right? =)

Last edited by tolerantfire; 2010-02-11 at 09:10.
tolerantfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 13:38   Link #286
quigonkenny
Omae wa mou binbou iru...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On the Osaka raid...
Age: 41
My money's still on Kyon getting so drunk that he didn't remember what happened, and since the whole story is being told from his viewpoint, we didn't see it. He'll either remember it after being reminded or Haruhi will screw with him for forgetting. ("You mean you don't remember...this and that...?") ^_^
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 15:12   Link #287
darksassin
Is this dangerous??
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Unknown Void, M'sia
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
My money's still on Kyon getting so drunk that he didn't remember what happened, and since the whole story is being told from his viewpoint, we didn't see it. He'll either remember it after being reminded or Haruhi will screw with him for forgetting. ("You mean you don't remember...this and that...?") ^_^
Or maybe it is Yuki who reminded him with her long overly detailed monotonous explanation. After all, i dont remember Reading about Yuki getting drunk.
darksassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 19:41   Link #288
quigonkenny
Omae wa mou binbou iru...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On the Osaka raid...
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
Or maybe it is Yuki who reminded him with her long overly detailed monotonous explanation. After all, i dont remember Reading about Yuki getting drunk.
Yuki drank as much as or more than anyone else, but did not show any effects, IIRC. Not surprising.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 19:47   Link #289
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yuki drank as much as or more than anyone else, but did not show any effects, IIRC. Not surprising.
You are correct, the quote as translated by B-T:
That day, I discovered Asahina-san is completely wine intolerant, while Nagato is a formidable bottomless pit; as for Haruhi, she's just a hopeless drunkard.

Due to the circumstances, I drank quite a lot and so my memory was quite blurred, but I do remember Haruhi grabbing onto the wine bottle and drinking nonstop while knocking on Keiichi-san's head.

"Ah......You're so great! To thank you for inviting us, I'll offer you Mikuru-chan! Train her well so she can become a better maid! Because this girl is completely hopeless!"

I personally think that it'll most likely be a line where Haruhi says "and no alcohol. I swear I'll never drink again." and that'll be it.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 07:50   Link #290
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
YouI personally think that it'll most likely be a line where Haruhi says "and no alcohol. I swear I'll never drink again." and that'll be it.
Yeah I reckon its not gonna be anything more than this in the movie.

I actually thought "nooooo! that sucks!" when I read Haruhi say she won't drink again. But WE ALL KNOW "I swear I'll never drink again" is just a phase We've all been there, you say won't but you still end up drinking again
__________________

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 12:35   Link #291
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Yeah I reckon its not gonna be anything more than this in the movie.

I actually thought "nooooo! that sucks!" when I read Haruhi say she won't drink again. But WE ALL KNOW "I swear I'll never drink again" is just a phase We've all been there, you say won't but you still end up drinking again
Boy oh boy, when she finds out the truth about her friends, she WILL have to drink
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 15:11   Link #292
tolerantfire
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Russia
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Boy oh boy, when she finds out the truth about her friends, she WILL have to drink
Most likely she'll have to smoke some grass, cause the truth will be such a shock =)

The discussion about one shot from the trailer took place at one forum of Haruhi fans.
http://s56.radikal.ru/i154/1002/8c/223bed3c6b84.jpg
what's this moment, and what is the glass thing above Kyon?

Last edited by tolerantfire; 2010-02-12 at 15:21.
tolerantfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 15:15   Link #293
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
Most likely she'll have to smoke some grass, cause the truth will be such a shock =)

The discussion about one shot from the trailer took place at one forum of Haruhi fans.
http://s56.radikal.ru/i154/1002/8c/223bed3c6b84.jpg
what's this moment, and what is the glass thing is above Kyon?
That is part of the window of the SOS Brigade classroom. That moment is likely whenever Kyon is deciding to inject Yuki with the weapon prepared for her when he gets stabbed by Asakura again.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 15:26   Link #294
worldruined
power tends to corrupt
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
That moment is likely whenever Kyon is deciding to inject Yuki with the weapon prepared for her when he gets stabbed by Asakura again.
Except that we know from the novel and the spoiler!trailer that the stabbing scene takes place outside, and why would Kyon be carrying Christmas gifts and decorations just as he's being attacked?

It's more likely his fall.
worldruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 16:36   Link #295
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
Except that we know from the novel and the spoiler!trailer that the stabbing scene takes place outside, and why would Kyon be carrying Christmas gifts and decorations just as he's being attacked?

It's more likely his fall.
In the spoilertastic Lantis video, the exact scene that was posted was during the flashback/decision where Kyon has his monologue about which world he is choosing, right before Asakura stabs him. In the news/anticipation thread, I specifically asked if there was anything that was outside of the novel that was in the movie, and the person replied saying that it was purely the Disappearance novel. We don't see Kyon falling until the Intrigues prologue where time reverts until just after noon on December 18th (so the fall scene will be during the day). The "gifts" are decorations from the SOS Brigade clubroom since he's been through a flashback of the Christmas party before this, and since the broken window is falling with him, he's obviously gone through it. That explains the lighting only on him during a dark atmosphere.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 23:19   Link #296
baltakatei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Can anyone tell me if the insanely high framerate of Asakura's foot shifting into place in this preview clip is representative of the framerate for the entire movie?
__________________
Twitter :: :: Fiction :: :: Blog :: ::
baltakatei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 23:23   Link #297
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Does anybody know a website or link to help me find the book for this movie?
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 00:06   Link #298
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: florida
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Does anybody know a website or link to help me find the book for this movie?
You can get the book from any place that sells Japanese light novels, probably. Or do you mean an English translation? If so, you'll have to visit our dear friend Google to see if someone saved it or has a cached copy (or possibly Scribd), since the version on baka-tsuki has been scrubbed. The official English version isn't due out for at least ten months - the third book comes out this next summer and the second one was last autumn.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 00:13   Link #299
quigonkenny
Omae wa mou binbou iru...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On the Osaka raid...
Age: 41
There is currently a discussion going on in the no-spoiler thread about the first "negative" review of Disappearance. Since my response to some of the comments cannot be complete without spoilers, I am coming here instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Strangely enough, I thought it was a positive review simply because the reviewer has raised points that was supposed to be negative but turned out to be the other way around. In summary, this was what he was not pleased with;
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler tags removed
1) 'Haruhiism triumphed over Yukiism'. Basically, his point was that everyone's so dreary and sad that Haruhi was gone but yet nobody gave a damn about Yuki's feelings in alt!Universe. And he's not happy that the KyonxYuki shipping just took a dive.

These are definitely fanboy and shipper frustrations. However, no matter how much we dislike it, this is the fact; Yuki will not be more important than Haruhi. For goodness sake, the movie is about Yuki and it's called The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi. That should give him a clue.

And yea, Kyon is a jerk, so him being further from Yuki love-wise is actually something to cheer about.

2) Gender stereotypes. The reviewer questions Tanigawa's characterization of 'normal Yuki', or alt!Yuki, as a weak, terribly shy girl to please Kyon and basically the masses.

Apparently he doesn't get the fact that obviously DITE Yuki will be superior in almost every way to alt!Yuki because she actually has POWERS. And is there anything wrong in Tanigawa's decision to portray alt!Yuki like that to attract the fans? I don't think so.

3) Disappointed expectations. The reviewer is angry that Kyon rejected alt!Yuki, and that all his love for alt!Yuki had to go away in the end, because the world return to its 'original' state. Oh, and he wants a bad guy to blame for all this.

Typical fanboy rant. I was like that too after initially reading the novel, but I just had to let it go, in the end. That's just how the world (of Haruhi) works.
Since the reviewer's negative points aren't that valid in my opinion, I feel that yes, it's yet another positive review for the movie. Especially if it can invoke such strong feelings in people after watching it.
I agree that all three of those were failed perceptions by the reviewer, but not necessarily for the same reasons.

1) 'Haruhiism triumphed over Yukiism'. Maybe it's just my inner Yuki fanboy, but I don't think that's a fight that's over in the series, much less this novel. I'm sure a Haruhi fanboy would read it that way, but Kyon missed real!Yuki as much as he missed real!Haruhi, or real!Mikuru, etc. The only reason Kyon spent half the book looking for Haruhi is that she's always the center of all the crazy things that happen to the SOS-dan, and since she was conveniently the only member of the SOS-dan that wasn't around, it was logical that finding her was his best way back. One of the great things about Tanigawa's writing is that the character motivations, even those of the narrator whose innermost thoughts we're hearing, can be read so many ways, and he largely leaves them open to variable interpretation.

In this case, the reviewer's admitted inexperience with Volumes 4 and later (and I get the impression his only other Haruhi experience was the anime) have led him to the feeling that Yuki's love battle is over because Kyon trounced alt!Yuki soundly, and anyone who has read the later books knows that's just not the case.

2) Gender stereotypes. Actually I think he completely missed Yuki's whole point of creating alt!Yuki. It wasn't so she could become a "real girl", no matter what Kyon may posit at the end of the movie. Real!Yuki is effectively gone in the Yukiverse. Mikuru(big) as much as says it (and the reviewer quotes her!). If there's any of real!Yuki left in alt!Yuki's consciousness, it's too little to give her any enjoyment at becoming a "real girl". Kyon's still blind to the fact that Haruhi wants to jump his bones (something even Taniguchi has started to grasp, for chrissakes), so of course he's not going to pick up that Yuki's whole point was to get him out of the Haruhi situation he's so often and openly complaining about (at least when Haruhi's not around) and give him a girl that appears to be more his type (and if it's herself then all the better). Why else would she give him the key to get out if it wasn't built for him in the first place?

3) Disappointed expectations. Yeah, I think you nailed this one. "Jilted" Yuki shipper overreacts, completely misses the point. Movie promotion didn't help.

Considering how much his arguments mirror some of those from when Disappearance the novel was first getting fanslated to English, his review just makes me more certain that most uncommon of events, a faithful adaptation, has taken place.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 11:30   Link #300
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I know! I can't wait either. I'm pretty new to the Haruhi franchise, but I can't wait.

Yeah, Haruhi did look very depressed in the trailer for some reason. I also really loved the hairstyle she had during the trailer.

Yeah, everybody else seemed normal, but Haruhi looked damn depressed. Also, during the clip there's a scene of Kyon burying his head in his knees. Was he crying. To me it looked like it.
If you read the novel, most of the people were pretty sad in Disappearance universe.

Spoiler for Disappearance:


I loved the shot where Kyon flips open the pages of the book to search for clues. He seems calm, yet his eyes shows desperation. Anybody knows what's the shot in front of the train in gray all about? Can't really figure that out.
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.