AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-17, 21:58   Link #201
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
But right now, SHAFT== Shinbou.
He is the only director available for SHAFT.
And yes, his style has become SHAFT's animation trademark.


Like omimon says, if Shinbou leave SHAFT, SHAFT will hit rock bottom.
I like it how we all acknowledge GONZO is rock bottom.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 23:15   Link #202
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I like it how we all acknowledge GONZO is rock bottom.
I wouldn't agree to this, just because of Last Exile (ALSO I HATE THAT RANDOM 2CH TROLL THAT SAID GONZO WAS GONNA DO ZAREGOTO).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 23:57   Link #203
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I wouldn't agree to this, just because of Last Exile (ALSO I HATE THAT RANDOM 2CH TROLL THAT SAID GONZO WAS GONNA DO ZAREGOTO).
They still had a final lifeline with Strike Witch, but now that that is gone too they are pretty much finished. Sigh.... we will have always have "Welcome to the NHK" in our hearts, RIP GONZO.

Honestly, why is it usually light novel adaptions that gets the cult followings... or at least the ones that requires a lot of reading like visual novels.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 00:20   Link #204
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Maybe they're destined to be moe??


But i prefered original anime story cause it's already rare nowadays to see original anime story, even more rare to find one that is good...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 00:34   Link #205
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Maybe they're destined to be moe??


But i prefered original anime story cause it's already rare nowadays to see original anime story, even more rare to find one that is good...
Would you call So-Ra-No-Wo-To original? If you do, then fanfictions would be too.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 00:41   Link #206
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
You mean So Ra No Wo To (damn that's hard to type) is a ripoff of something like some sort of fanfiction? You best be joking there. Well, this is not SRNWT thread, so whatever.

Light novels, visual novels and cult following... There are so many of them out there, but only a certain selection gets a following. Why is that? Moe? I don't find lots of text moe, that's for sure. Perhaps, they just simply stand out? And they are actually, at least to some degree, real literature?

As for Gonzo, despite all the hate (well, yeah, they had a streak of bad shows) there are so much more to them than usually named NHK and Gankutsuo. Oh well.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 01:02   Link #207
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
You mean So Ra No Wo To (damn that's hard to type) is a ripoff of something like some sort of fanfiction? You best be joking there. Well, this is not SRNWT thread, so whatever.

Light novels, visual novels and cult following... There are so many of them out there, but only a certain selection gets a following. Why is that? Moe? I don't find lots of text moe, that's for sure. Perhaps, they just simply stand out? And they are actually, at least to some degree, real literature?

As for Gonzo, despite all the hate (well, yeah, they had a streak of bad shows) there are so much more to them than usually named NHK and Gankutsuo. Oh well.
Well, to be fair, I don't watch the show and I am just basing it on the character designs. If you tell me the designs aren't rip-offs from another certain anime then slap me silly.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 01:08   Link #208
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Well, i've already watch Soranowoto. And i say, despite its character design (yes, i hate its character design !!!), i enjoy watching it. There are some good point like how the world is apparently Japan after post apocalypse.

But seeing how it goes, i dont like Soranowoto's development.

But why are we discussing Soranowoto in Bakemonogatari's forum??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:30   Link #209
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Well, to be fair, I don't watch the show and I am just basing it on the character designs. If you tell me the designs aren't rip-offs from another certain anime then slap me silly.
Maybe it's 'cause I knew it was A-1, but I thought of Kannagi when I first saw the trailer... I see the resemblance now but I still think Kannagi had that look going before K-On! did... :\

I'm behind on Sora no Woto but it's been pretty darn original so far, so far as the plot and setting goes. I'm enjoying it.

Isn't Gonzo actually down for the count? I mean, as a company. Like, they still exist sorta, but in a limbo state...

... definitely veering off topic here.

I think the thing with the light novel medium is that it allows the author to develop a story in a different way, so it brings a certain distinct feel when adapted that a manga adaptation wouldn't have. Also because the animators have more freedom to be creative when there are only a handful of illustrations to work from, as opposed to a manga where they almost have a storyboard already done for them.
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:43   Link #210
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Maybe it's 'cause I knew it was A-1, but I thought of Kannagi when I first saw the trailer... I see the resemblance now but I still think Kannagi had that look going before K-On! did... :\

I'm behind on Sora no Woto but it's been pretty darn original so far, so far as the plot and setting goes. I'm enjoying it.

Isn't Gonzo actually down for the count? I mean, as a company. Like, they still exist sorta, but in a limbo state...

... definitely veering off topic here.

I think the thing with the light novel medium is that it allows the author to develop a story in a different way, so it brings a certain distinct feel when adapted that a manga adaptation wouldn't have. Also because the animators have more freedom to be creative when there are only a handful of illustrations to work from, as opposed to a manga where they almost have a storyboard already done for them.
See that the thing. I HATE it when producers get creative and starts to do stuff that isn't in the original. I guess one can tell how much I dislike fillers from this. This is why I love Shaft's work so much (at least the ones from 2008 to now) they follow the original so much you can tell there is no script writers and more like two guys highlighting which lines to take. (Oh Bund, why must you go off the path....)
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:45   Link #211
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
He was talking about the visuals, not the script. Bakemonogatari clearly had a lot of originality in the visuals. Unless Nisio wrote "and then I saw a photograph of a real human hand twisting into a bunch of weird shapes while we were talking, and then the camera zoomed in on my eye."
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:48   Link #212
Pachael
原作通り
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Man, who are we kidding. Shaft has been giving Shinbou all the jobs in the first place. They might as well have him as the only director. I just want to point out that if Shinbou dies or goes to another studio, Shaft will be deader than GONZO.
Reading that and looking at your avatar I came off convinced that Shinobu would be directing anime, I can only say that if there are lots of donuts, good job
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:54   Link #213
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
He was talking about the visuals, not the script. Bakemonogatari clearly had a lot of originality in the visuals. Unless Nisio wrote "and then I saw a photograph of a real human hand twisting into a bunch of weird shapes while we were talking, and then the camera zoomed in on my eye."
Ha, yeah I guess that's true. In terms of visuals Bake definitely had a lot more freedom, and this is compared to other light novels. With other ones you get to a certain degree some character designs but for Bake you only one title picture for each arc. I mean Shaft had almost nothing to work with and yet they still pulled it off, THIS I have to give them credit too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
Reading that and looking at your avatar I came off convinced that Shinobu would be directing anime, I can only say that if there are lots of donuts, good job
Shinobu=Shinbou?

I'm....good with that?

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-02-18 at 10:38. Reason: use the edit or the multiquote button instead of double posting
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 20:26   Link #214
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fate's futon ofc
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Still waiting on the last 2 episodes, I love this show.
__________________



ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 07:30   Link #215
Morbus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Episode 14 was already broadcast. There are subs around.
Morbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 22:27   Link #216
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbus View Post
Episode 14 was already broadcast. There are subs around.
Keep a close eye on the dates of posts before replying to them. Noe made that comment almost two weeks ago.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 23:31   Link #217
epl
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Looks like the bluray vol. 6 has been delayed.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...h-24-to-june-9
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 12:34   Link #218
bombyethan1000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
episode 15 released today on the official blog
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 18:26   Link #219
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
episode 15 released today on the official blog
w00t w00t w00t? :O :O :O
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.