AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-20, 16:01   Link #1
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Beauty advices, informations, good links, questions


I did a search and didn't find any thread related to this. Since two people asked me some things via PMs and mails, I felt like creating a thread.

But, this thread IS NOT about asking things that you should ask to a doctor.

What you shall not do:

- Refrain to ask if you have an illness or not based on "symptoms" you could have. Go to see a proper doctor.
- Do not ask us to guess if you are ill or not. Again, we're not doctor and even so, you should not use internet as a tool for virtual lookup. Go see a real doctor!

Examples of what you can do:

- Discuss beauty and a bit of health (but don't make it a medical consultation center). Give opinions or advices or tricks.
- Discuss what you read or watched in proper beauty/health websites, magazines and programs. You can share links or videos
- Ask for beauty advices
- Shares your little beauties recipes and advices. But also, what you do to stay healthy or to take care of your body. If there is any source about what you post, please post it (website, name of the magazine etc.)

And don't forget: You have only one body, take care of it : Prevention is Better Than Cure!


(I won't be very active due to the fact that I won't come online that often since a few months, so don't be surprised if I don't post often)

*=*=*=*==*=*=*=*=*==*=*=*=*=*=*=*==*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* =


Somebody asked me recently a bit of advices on what sports I think are the best for a girl. So to start this thread I will also share my advices. Feel free to correct me or to add other sports. Don't forget to take in account that whar I post is for girls.

Disclaimer: Those advices don't mean I tried/practiced all those sports. Most things I know are from women/health magazines, TV programs and from my family. So those reviews don't all come from personal experiences. If you have any doubts, see with a professionnal/specialist what's the best for you.

(Edit: after having had a discussion with somebody who checked my thread, even if it can sound stupid to some people, we decided to add a comment about the young girls who still have an intact hymen. Be careful because you might tear it while practicing some sports. If you mind it, be careful or choose a different sport. Those sports are essentially some gym exercices, biking, equitation / horse-riding, some excercices in swimming, martial arts, and sports in which you have to jump. In case you have any doubts about it, just ask questions to a professional or a coach)




Given the infos I gathered, I think that those few sports in particular are good for girls:

- Soft Gym/Fitness. I said soft. So do not practice some kind of exercices that can actually hurt your body without realizing it (edit: as said above, you can tear your hymen during some fitness or gym exercices, so if you care about it for whatever reason, avoid some exercices or ask for advices). You can find clubs, centers in which people will give you good advices on what is the best for you because you may want to avoid some exercices in some situations (it's not fitness and not soft exercices but gymnastic bar for instance can cause varicose veins, so be careful if you choose to do activities outside soft exercices or more seriously/profesionnaly), like when you're in the last trimester of your pregnancy. Work on exercices that I'll help your chest to not fall for example.

- Bike, exercice bike. Be careful if you have some back problems. And if you're pregnant, you might not be able to do exercice bike properly near the end of your pregnancy. It's good for your heart, and good for the legs muscles. It helps to fight against heart problems and bloodstream problems. Also, see the Edit above for the same recommandations.

- Swimming. It's very good for your body if practiced as a hobby (don't make it something professional). Just don't forget to hydrate your body once you get out, and to take care of your hair if you jave long hair. Also, if you go swimming in public pool, they put a disinfectant in the water, which is not good for the skin, nor for the hair, so you better take a shower once you get out of the water. My last warning is that public pools are a place where you can actually get some types of papillomavirus (usually, it appears as warts. Warts are linked to a kind of papillomavirus). Back crawl is very good for the muscle that avoids your chest/breast to fall down. Also, see the Edit above for the same recommandations.

- To walk. Don't run ! I mean, just walk. Everybody can do that at least 30 min a day. It's just the easiest way to help you to stay healthy. Good for the heart. Many muscles are used. And it helps to avoid bloodstream problem.



I think I'll add the sports I think you will prefer to avoid or only to practice carefully:

- All the sports that requires you to jump. Basket, Volley, Handball etc. Jumping has a bad effect on a body. Beside the possible knees and back problems, if you have a nice/big chest, it can actually have a bad effects on your breasts. The skin above it will tend to strech and so your breasts will start to fall. Also, jumping is bad for bloodstream in the lower part of your body. Resulting in various problems like varicose veins. If you really want to follow your friends to that kind of club. Do it as a hobby/amateur and don't participate in activities that include jumping or stalling (what I did a bit since I have some friends who play volley as a hobby. I only went there with them for soft nice exercices they do, and strictly avoided jumping, stalling and exercices related to it) AVOID any particpation in serious clubs or professionals clubs. If even as a hobby, you have any coach or teacher who wants you to play seriously (and so that includes jumping), just leave. There are better sports for you.

- Bodybuilding. You're a girl. So if you want to look feminine, that's not the best sport but you can practice it a bit. Plus, it can cause bloodstream problems, and back problems. Especially if you do it at home without a coach. You can train a bit your pectorals muscles though.

- Tennis, long street running, soccer, tennis table and sports that include stalling. Not good for your bloodstream. Doing it once in a while is ok. Doing it on a daily basis is not good imo.

- Horse-riding, equitation. It can have a very bad effect on your chest. See what I said above about jumping.

- Kayak, Canoë. Not good for the bloodstream. because of how your legs are blocked in it.


Last advices:

- If I talked a lot about the bloodstream, it's because girls are subject to such problems, way more than men. Be careful if you want to avoid varicose veins and other diseases that could make you bad looking at best, or handicap you at worse. I'll post, if interested, another message about it since people here might stay seated too much for long period. Be careful, because it's not good at all.

- Wear a sports bra that fits your breasts. Don't hesitate to pay for a good one. Value your chest, mesdames

- Don't forget to drink water, and to eat properly. Don't think you can do sports without eating, you'll just end up at the hospital doing an hypoglicemia.

- Don't forget to take care of your skin properly after a shower. Usually, women have a skin more dry than men. And water actually tend to make the skin dries out even more. Hydrate it a lot. Hydrating will also prevent you from getting stretch marks that can be very unsightly.

- If you have a skin disease, go see a doctor first before doing a sport because depending on the disease, sweating might cause you even more problems.

- Avoid hot water while taking a shower or a bath. The more hotter the water is, the more it can result in bloodstream problems.

- Son't forget to warm up before practicing any sports.


*=*=*=*=*=*=*==*=*=*=*=*


Because it's always better to feel good in your body and mind. Take care of yourself


Credits: Thanks Kusa for the image, advices and opinions!

Last edited by Narona; 2010-02-27 at 11:37.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 16:21   Link #2
yoropa
Director
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
My advice for any woman is to not layer your face in makeup. I don't want to see the fake you. I want to see the real, natural you.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 16:34   Link #3
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Okay, so firstly, thank you Narona for this thread. I think this thread is important for the well being of AS member.

Now, I will talk about something that, sadly, us occidental people forget too often : our spirit. The weel being of the spirit, our psychological well being is very important. Our spirit have an important influence on your body and so is our body with our spirit.

There are different method that oriental medecine provide and that are very good for your spirit. Here is some of them :

- Yoga
- Relaxation therapy (which teach you how to breath well )
- Meditation (which teach you how to not be the slave of your thought anymore and how to control it)

Before starting doing this on your own, you need first to see a professional that teach you how to do it well. It's very important because maube one of them is better for you than another and also maybe because you don't need to do all of them.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 16:40   Link #4
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Thanks Narona. A lot of girls told me that Aikido is pretty good them for what it can offer in terms of fitness. Would you agree with that?
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 16:43   Link #5
cheyannew
PolyPerson!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern VA
I have to disagree a bit on the bodybuilding thing. If you're toning up, wonderful. In order to become all veiny and gross looking you have to either do an insane amount of high weight lifting, or ingest steroids. Light weights with reps will simply give you a nice toned shape.

I prefer said shape in women; I took great joy in my biceps being so well defined back when I used to lift 60 lb servers everyday.

That being said the big bulky bodybuilding is a turnoff in either gender IMO

I also drink a gallon of water a day, which helps keep my skin hydrated, and use high quality, holistic skin care products. Since I usually get mistaken for someone in her 20's, I must be doing something right I haven't a wrinkle outside of the beginnings of eye wrinkles from smiling.

As for makeup, I've always hated the feel of foundation. Back in high school when I did stage makeup for drama, I had to deal with the heavy caked on stuff and detested it. I'll use a bit of powder to control the oiliness of my nose/forehead, and eye makeup (sometimes lip colour) and that's it. It feels gross to me to have layers on my skin, and I can't imagine it's healthy for it, either.

I'm paleskinned, of irish descent, so I have the beginnings of Rosacea, which is a reddish blotchy thing that happens, it almost looks like acne but it's not. For me, it's just reddish skin. Looks like I have blush on all the time :P They do make topical medications for it, if it's bad enough, but mine is not (yet). I feel the healthy diet and good hydration I practice helps keep it from worsening.

I also avoid the sun like the plague, unless I'm wearing high SPF sunscreen. I want to look like I'm in my 30's when I'm 50
__________________
"...we are wolves in a flock of sheep. We are the hunters. We are the Alphas and we are on this Earth to conquer."

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 10:46   Link #6
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Okay, so firstly, thank you Narona for this thread. I think this thread is important for the well being of AS member.

Now, I will talk about something that, sadly, us occidental people forget too often : our spirit. The weel being of the spirit, our psychological well being is very important. Our spirit have an important influence on your body and so is our body with our spirit.

There are different method that oriental medecine provide and that are very good for your spirit. Here is some of them :

- Yoga
- Relaxation therapy (which teach you how to breath well )
- Meditation (which teach you how to not be the slave of your thought anymore and how to control it)

Before starting doing this on your own, you need first to see a professional that teach you how to do it well. It's very important because maube one of them is better for you than another and also maybe because you don't need to do all of them.
Exactly. That helps to feel well and better. I'll add, as a beauty advice , that doing things to get rid of stress is important. Stress has a bad effect on one's health. It can become oxidative for example. I guess because it can a bad effect on the liver. It's well know that many skin deseases are for example caused by stress, or at least aggravated. It's not good when a girl is pregnant. And of course, when you're stressed, you usually can't sleep that well.

Therefore, all that you mentionned can help to feel good, and to take care of your body (and mind)

When it comes to evacuate the stress, I'll add that you can mix that kind of things with trace elements therapy (ex: magnesium) & phytotherapy (ex: avena sativa)

While you're right that having a coach (or a member of your family) that teaches you to do it right, you can still do some exercices alone. A good thing is to buy a book (you can read it alone in a room trying some exercices. So no need to bringa computer with you that way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Thanks Narona. A lot of girls told me that Aikido is pretty good them for what it can offer in terms of fitness. Would you agree with that?
I'm not personally familiar with martial arts, but there are some risks that are the same for every martial, fighting, wrestling sports. Firstly you need to avoid any blow/stroke. It can have a bad effect on veins for example. But it's also dangerous for your chest. Any bump on your chest can lead to dangerous things like the emergence of nodule. Those nodules are usually not dangerous even if often mistaken as breast cancer till a look up. It's just hard when you touch your breast (it's inside the breast). But, there are cases when those nodules become malignant and evolve in cancer.

There is also the risk of damaging your hands and fingers. Just saying.

Therefore, I think it's better to avoid fighting/martial sports or to just practice some exercice linked to fitness/toning but to avoid any fight against opponent. Of course, girls can still use breasts protection, but there is stil a risk.

Secondly, martial, fighting and wrestling sports are not recommanded because it can cause bloodstream problems (mainly if the girl has already some bloodstream problems). At least, if the girl has already some bloodstream problems in the lower part of her body, then it's better to choose other kind of sports. But, as most doctors will tell you, it's still better for the bloodstream to do a sport that is not recommanded, on a regulary basis, than not doing any sport at all.

If you really want to practice that kind of sports other than in theory (you have people who attend those kind of clubs as amateur/hobby but hardly practice it themselves, even if there knowledge of those sports are excellent in theory), you can see with a doctor that will give you compression stockings that you can use when you practice those sports (usually also used for the girls who do Running but also care about the well being of their legs veins).

Of course, the nice point of practicing a martial art (aikido IIRC, is a lot based on movement of self defense using the force of your opponent) is that it could help you to defend youself when assaulted. Which can lead a girl to choose to practice it. But practicing it doesn't mean to not be careful.

As I said above, doing any sport is still better than not doing any sport at all, so if it works well for those girls (but be careful to not build up problems without realizing it, that's usually the case about bloodstream problems), that they are young (many problems like bloodstream problems or bones problems are aggravated along your life. The older you are, the most risk there is) and that they are careful when practicing it, then they can continue ^^ (but they should do a check up with a doctor once in a while. But that's true for any sport that you practice)

As a closure, people should stop to think that all the sportsmen and women that you see doing a professional sports are in excellent health. Usually, they put performance above their own well being. So you can see, for instance, judo champions becoming quite handicaped by veins problems when they become older, because of all those years spend practicing their sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
I have to disagree a bit on the bodybuilding thing. If you're toning up, wonderful. In order to become all veiny and gross looking you have to either do an insane amount of high weight lifting, or ingest steroids. Light weights with reps will simply give you a nice toned shape.

I prefer said shape in women; I took great joy in my biceps being so well defined back when I used to lift 60 lb servers everyday.

That being said the big bulky bodybuilding is a turnoff in either gender IMO
Kind of true. Actually, I included (in my mind) light bodybuilding in fitness/gym, rather than in bodybuilding that i rather see as building mass of muscles.

But a girl should be sure to do it right. For example, when you do lifting, a common error is to use onlu one mass hold in one hand. It put stress on one side of your body and can result in back problem. The good way of doing it is to use a weight in each of your hands (it has to have the exact same weight)
You probably already know that but I prefer to mention it.

Last warning, becareful of possible back problem. You have to stand perfectly straight to avoid any. Plus, be careful of bloodstream problem in your legs and thighs. So, it's good to avoid long lifting session and to massage your legs after a session OR to rest on your bed while being sure that you legs are put a bit in the air (it helps the blood to return to the heart). About that, a little advice to everybody. When you're sleeping on your back, put something under your mattress or bed under the part where your feet are supposed to be when you sleep. That way your feet will be higher than the rest of your body, helping your blood to not stay accumulated in the lower part of your body.

Quote:
I also drink a gallon of water a day, which helps keep my skin hydrated, and use high quality, holistic skin care products.
Drinking (lots of) water is very important. Not only to stay hydrated but because it helps to get rid of toxines.

But skin care products, that the person use given the kind of skin she/he has, are still a must. So yes, you do it right

Quote:
As for makeup, I've always hated the feel of foundation. Back in high school when I did stage makeup for drama, I had to deal with the heavy caked on stuff and detested it. I'll use a bit of powder to control the oiliness of my nose/forehead, and eye makeup (sometimes lip colour) and that's it. It feels gross to me to have layers on my skin, and I can't imagine it's healthy for it, either.
I think it depends a bit on what kind of foundation cream one's using. Some are made to avoid problems and/or even to prevent problems (nowadays there are cream that actually helps some people to keep their skin hydrated). But it's quite common to see young people choosing a cream that will do more damage to their face than the opposite (I don't know if you ever saw that, but it happened that i saw girls with irritated skin because of their bad choice of cream The sad thing is that they don't even suspect that it is the result of said cream)

Quote:
I'm paleskinned, of irish descent, so I have the beginnings of Rosacea, which is a reddish blotchy thing that happens, it almost looks like acne but it's not. For me, it's just reddish skin. Looks like I have blush on all the time :P They do make topical medications for it, if it's bad enough, but mine is not (yet). I feel the healthy diet and good hydration I practice helps keep it from worsening.
Have you ever tried some kind of side medecine that are said to help to reduce/prevent Rosacea. Such as :

- manganeze (trace element)
- hamamélis (phytotherapy)
- Jojoba oil.
- Vitamin E
- Clay face mask (to put before going sleeping)

I also remember that Red vine Tea (using red vine leaf) are good against that.

There are more I think, but I don't remember them right now.

Quote:
I also avoid the sun like the plague
SAME.

Last edited by Narona; 2010-02-21 at 10:57.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 11:06   Link #7
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Short post seeing as I'm typing from my ps3, thanks for the info on behalf of the ladies Narona. I also wanna mention that as she said, its best to do sport for the sake of keeping fit and relax. I've known plenty of girls who trained hard and ended up sacrificing health in the process. An example would be ballet dancers. Many times they developed problems in their feet after practicing too much, or they cut out so much food from their diet to keep light that they couldn't perform well for a long time, often for life. Best thing to do is just take it easy. Additionally, a woman who does sport professionally isn't so aesthetically pleasing imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona
SAME
Me too actually. My skin is far too sensitive to sunlight. But it really depends on the person and how well they can resist it. A black person is much less likely to get skin problems. Though it doesn't mean they can stay under the sun 24/7, they don't have to avoid that much as their body tends to be better suited to handle light.

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2010-02-21 at 11:26.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 11:21   Link #8
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Neverlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
My advice for any woman is to not layer your face in makeup. I don't want to see the fake you. I want to see the real, natural you.
Bingo

No guy wan't to end his night on the town with lead-poisoning after he kissed a girl

...apart from that, we also don't want to suffer a heartattack when waking up to a girl that was plastered up the night before
(emphasis on "WAS")



To add:

Men prefer A-cups over plastic cups
ALSO: a girl that wheighs 50 pounds in reality and the other 50 make up her silicone rack looks like a circusact
__________________
Nightbat® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 11:23   Link #9
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Great thread you've got here Narona. I'm not really a active person in terms of exercising. To tell the truth I hate sweating But I'll gladly take up the walking for 30 minutes.

Anyways, I might as well leave some advice here. Girls make sure to take makeup off before sleeping, avoid sleeping with the lights on and make sure to get a good night's rest maybe at least 8 hours a day to avoid eyebags. I guess this also applies to guys since I know a guy who wears eyeliner. Eyebags won't be much of a problem but it's probably better to not get them.

Rub on some suntan lotion if you're gonna stay out on the sun for a long time. This may probably depend on one's skin sensitivity but I grew some small moles on my arms because it's so hot here and I usually walk to school to save money. My mom doesn't give me much.

Some acne may be due to a hormonal imbalance or some other problem. Some acne may be due to a hormonal imbalance or some other problem. Don't rush to use acne products. Best to see a doctor first.

Use a conditioner after shampoo and there

Avoid applying too much dye or rebond on your hair. It can totally ruin it.
__________________


It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:17   Link #10
cheyannew
PolyPerson!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Have you ever tried some kind of side medecine that are said to help to reduce/prevent Rosacea. Such as :
- manganeze (trace element)
- hamamélis (phytotherapy)
- Jojoba oil.
- Vitamin E
- Clay face mask (to put before going sleeping)
I also remember that Red vine Tea (using red vine leaf) are good against that..
Vitamin E & Jojoba (If I recall rightly, I don't have it in front of me) are in several of my skin care products. It's not actually bothering me for the most part; it just looks like I have natural blush. However, as I get older, it will get worse. I'm told I'll HAVE to go on prescription meds for it, which I disagree with. I'm fairly confident that my lifestyle, etc will help keep the "disturbance" to a minimum hehe. Most of the women I knwo with it who have it bad also use stuff like foundation, are in the sun more, etc etc, so they've already damaged their skin.
__________________
"...we are wolves in a flock of sheep. We are the hunters. We are the Alphas and we are on this Earth to conquer."

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:24   Link #11
cheyannew
PolyPerson!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
Some acne may be due to a hormonal imbalance or some other problem. Some acne may be due to a hormonal imbalance or some other problem. Don't rush to use acne products. Best to see a doctor first.

Use a conditioner after shampoo and there

Avoid applying too much dye or rebond on your hair. It can totally ruin it.
Agreed on the acne products; some of those are horrific for the skin and do more harm than good. Once in a while zits are fine (Heck, I'm WAY past teenhood and get them once in a while, when I change my diet or am under a lot of stress), but actual acne should be diagnosed by a dermatologist before you slather on the benzoyl peroxide, which isn't meant for large areas anyway.

Condition is key, IMO, for men AND women. my entire household has long hair, ranging from mine (which is the longer length in this pic), my husband's (waist long) and my kids (shoulder blade length). For every bottle of shampoo I buy, I get 2 bottles of conditioner LOL. I also use a leave-in conditioner on the ends of my hair.

I made the mistake of dying my hair for a long while, since I've been going grey since I was 19. Over the last few years I discovered the joys of Henna, which, while messy to use, gives a gorgeous colour (ranging from black, to reds and so on) and leaves the hair in fabulous condition (it seems to actually build body which I SO dont' have an issue with, but meh..).
__________________
"...we are wolves in a flock of sheep. We are the hunters. We are the Alphas and we are on this Earth to conquer."

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:41   Link #12
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Short post seeing as I'm typing from my ps3, thanks for the info on behalf of the ladies Narona. I also wanna mention that as she said, its best to do sport for the sake of keeping fit and relax. I've known plenty of girls who trained hard and ended up sacrificing health in the process. An example would be ballet dancers. Many times they developed problems in their feet after practicing too much, or they cut out so much food from their diet to keep light that they couldn't perform well for a long time, often for life. Best thing to do is just take it easy. Additionally, a woman who does sport professionally isn't so aesthetically pleasing imo.
The usual problem is that a person will not realize how its body starts to self-destruct. The damages evolve slowly. And usually people realize that there's a problem when it becomes hard to treat properly, or when it's too late.

Quote:
Me too actually. My skin is far too sensitive to sunlight. But it really depends on the person and how well they can resist it. A black person is much less likely to get skin problems. Though it doesn't mean they can stay under the sun 24/7, they don't have to avoid that much as their body tends to be better suited to handle light.
Given your hair color, I am not surprised. It usually comes with (very) pale skin in a box. And the sun can be more a problem on that type of skin (that doesn't mean other skin colors are unaffected).

The thing is, also, that people tend to care about it only when they go on holidays, while you have to use cream and protection even in your daily life if you have, for example like Flora said, to walk under the sun on your way to work/school.

People who are seated beside the window should also be careful (can happen at school if your seat is just beside the windows), because they tend to not realize than the sun can damage their skin while standing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
Great thread you've got here Narona. I'm not really a active person in terms of exercising. To tell the truth I hate sweating But I'll gladly take up the walking for 30 minutes.
Sweating can help to get rid of toxins and the impurities at the roots of body hair. Therefore it helps to reduce ingrown hair problems.

People should also not forget to get rid of sweat using a towel or to take a shower because sweat contains salt, and salt tend to make the skin dries out, and women have usually a skin that dries out faster than men.

Quote:
Anyways, I might as well leave some advice here. Girls make sure to take makeup off before sleeping, avoid sleeping with the lights on and make sure to get a good night's rest maybe at least 8 hours a day to avoid eyebags. I guess this also applies to guys since I know a guy who wears eyeliner. Eyebags won't be much of a problem but it's probably better to not get them.
To take makeup off, girls should use dedicated skin care products because since the face skin, and lids skin even more, is very sentitive and fragile, water is not always recommanded, or at least, girls should use skin/lid care cream right after having washed it. And be careful when you wash that part of your body.

About eyebags. Eyebags are not only caused by lack of sleep (but it definitely is one of the main reason), so you're right, 8 hours is a minimum even if it means to skip classes (if you're in university where people will not say anything against you) if you got late to bed.

But eyebags is the result of water retention and build-up of fat that settle there. That's the result of a lymphatic system problem. Usually because of a bad lifestyle. And finally, the fact that this skin part is very fragile makes it stretch, that's why people should be careful of eyebags since that when skin stretched, it's not easy to get rid of the problem. Eyebags worsen as the person ages too.

So, to prevent/reduce eyebags:

- To get enough sleep per night and make sure to stay in the dark as flora said. 8 hours per night at least is a lock. You can also sleep a bit in the afternoon, but do it in the dark. And it doesn't mean to not get enough sleep at night.

- To have an healthy lifestyle. Eat well, and avoid dishes full of fat since it will put stress on your liver. Drink a lot of water. And so a bit of sport.

- Avoid to eat a lot of salt. Salt tend to make water retention worsen a lot. If you're trying to get rid of eyebags, just avoid to eat too much salt during that period.

- No alcool, no drugs, no tabacco, never.

- Use dedicated skin care cream for eye/lid skin. It has to be hydrated enough, and some cream will help to firm it up.

- Some products can help a girl about that. To name some, you have, depending on your skin, Oligo 25 Yeux (french name) by Vichy using trace elements. And products more expensive like the Total Eye Revitalizer by Chanel. Go see with a specialist what's the best for you.

I'll add that eyebags can be an hereditary problem. So some people might have more problems than other about that. And it worsen a lot as you age.


The other problem, because people who has eyebags can have that too are rings under the eyes.

Beside that it is also linked to a bad lifetsyle (lack of sleep, unhealthy foods etc.), it's the result of bloodstream 'veins) problems and lymphatic system problem. It can also be worse on some peolple because of hereditary problem.

So to prevent/reduce them:

- To get enough sleep.

- To have an healthy lifestyle. Eat well, and avoid dishes full of fat since it will put stress on your liver. Drink a lot of water. And do a bit of sport.

- No alcool, no drugs, no tabacco, never.

- To see if you have any bloodstream/veins problems. To do things that can prevent any veins problems, like practicing a sport.

- To see if you have any little liver problems, and use medecine if that's the case. Ask your doctor, or see if you want to dare using bio/plant product such as black radish capsules.

- To use trace element such as Cobalt. To eat Aloe Vera pure Gel everyday. To use phytotherapy that can help you bloodstream and/or lymphatic system.

- To use things that have drain effect such as vitamin K (you can find skin care to put on the rings/eyes)

- To use anti-rings cream such as Anti-Rings Eclat by Yves saint-Laurent.

- To put something cold on your rings. You can use little metal cap or teaspoon that you put in your freezer for one or two hour before putting them on your rings. Or you can use ice cube but don't put ice directly on your eyes/rings. Becareful and use coton or tissue.

- To use de l'Eau de Bleuets by Christian Lenart on a coton that you put on your eyes. It is made of Essentials Oils.

- Some vegetables can also help, like using sliced cucumber, or "cold" sliced potatoes.


Don't forget to hydrate your skin anyway-

Sources: Women magazines, family.

Last edited by Narona; 2010-02-27 at 07:46.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:49   Link #13
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
I think girls shouldn't be afraid to do some weight training. At least in my experience, whenever I talk to my female friends regarding weight lifting I get the impression that the female gender has somehow been collectively brainwashed into thinking they'll turn into the Incredible Hulk by lifting weights.

Quite the opposite - the girls I do know that do weight training have extremely attractive bodies. No, I don't find bulky females attractive - my point is that without the testosterone levels that males have one really can't put on that size. Instead, weight training simply firms muscles and complements whatever body type the girl in question might have. Hell, guys that WANT to become the Hulk have to struggle to get there so it definitely isn't going to happen to a girl.

I have a lot of other health tips but I don't think they are as strictly related to beauty. But I'll sprinkle in some random tidbits of advice if this thread remains active.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:56   Link #14
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
RE sports: yes that tends to be the case. But more often than not, low impact sports, especially swimming yield more benefits and hardly any harm if done correctly.

RE light: lol you say that as though you know what my hair is like, but yes sitting next to a window is really bad because the light is refracted. That makes it twice as bad.

RE eyebags: what if someone finds it impossible to sleep for more than 7 hours? How to change that?

edit: typing on a ps3 controller ftw
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:57   Link #15
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Vitamin E & Jojoba (If I recall rightly, I don't have it in front of me) are in several of my skin care products. It's not actually bothering me for the most part; it just looks like I have natural blush. However, as I get older, it will get worse. I'm told I'll HAVE to go on prescription meds for it, which I disagree with. I'm fairly confident that my lifestyle, etc will help keep the "disturbance" to a minimum hehe. Most of the women I knwo with it who have it bad also use stuff like foundation, are in the sun more, etc etc, so they've already damaged their skin.
Do you also eat/drink things that can help you from the inside of your body?

I mean, Red vine tea or Vitamin E capsule.

Actually if you want to use a quite cheap way to get a lot of vitamins, trace elements, minerals that can help you to have a better health, you might want to buy Aloe Vera gel that you can eat. There are some dedicated products that only use bio aloe vera such as the Lily of the Desert products.

I'll add that I read in a magazine that the Vitamin E has a boost effect on the Aloe Vera, which result in better skin hydratation.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:05   Link #16
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
RE sports: yes that tends to be the case. But more often than not, low impact sports, especially swimming yield more benefits and hardly any harm if done correctly.
Exactly

Quote:
RE light: lol you say that as though you know what my hair is like, but yes sitting next to a window is really bad because the light is refracted. That makes it twice as bad.
You said your hair color to me some months ago....................

Quote:
RE eyebags: what if someone finds it impossible to sleep for more than 7 hours? How to change that?
Then s/he better be prepared to have eyebags/rings problems. So it depends on how s/he feels about it and if s/he cares.

I'll add that not being able to sleep more than 7h (if it's not due to have to wake up to go to work) can be the result of sleep problems. Stress can be a reason, or some mental problems.

A person like that can try to take Magnesium (trace element), or even Lithium (trace element too) if it's really that bad. Some phytotherapy can help too, such as avena sativa, Millepertuis (if the person is a bit in a depressive state before sleeping, Valeriane (for those who can't seem to reach deep sleep. Meaning that they tend to wake up whenever there is a little sound in the house)
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:08   Link #17
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
avoid sleeping with the lights on and make sure to get a good night's rest maybe at least 8 hours a day to avoid eyebags.
OK I just wake up and I see that Whatdo you mean by that ? What's eyebags ? It's "cerne" ? Why can't I sleep with the light ? Whyyy ?
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:10   Link #18
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
OK I just wake up and I see that Whatdo you mean by that ? What's eyebags ? It's "cerne" ? Why can't I sleep with the light ? Whyyy ?
Non,

Cernes = Rings under the eyes.
Eyebags = Poches sous les yeux.

C'est pas la même chose

Sleeping with the light on has a bad effect on one's sleep because the body tends to react to its environment. By sleeping in the dark, it believes it's the night more or less, so the person can reach deep sleep more easily. And deep sleep is when you tend to rest the most

It's the same for animals you know. If you put chicken in a room with the ligh turned on all the time, it will never sleep. But if you turn it off, it will believe it's the night and will fall alseep.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:11   Link #19
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I did? Totally forgot O_O

The thing about sleep is that the person isn't having any of those problems, and it's not because of work but the person has always been like that . In any case where would you suggest getting those elements from? Supplements?
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:16   Link #20
cheyannew
PolyPerson!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Sleeping with the light on has a bad effect on one's sleep because the body tends to react to its environment. By sleeping in the dark, it believes it's the night more or less, so the person can reach deep sleep more easily. And deep sleep is when you tend to rest the most

It's the same for animals you know. If you put chicken in a room with the ligh turned on all the time, it will never sleep. But if you turn it off, it will believe it's the night and will fall alseep.
If I recall, having the lights on (and sleeping during the day etc) affects the melatonin production in the body. Using something like heavy curtains, an eye mask, etc to "fool" the body into thinking it's night can sometimes help. You could also take a melatonin supplement, but IMO those're iffy, unless a Dr tells you the exact proper dosage.
__________________
"...we are wolves in a flock of sheep. We are the hunters. We are the Alphas and we are on this Earth to conquer."

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
beauty, health, style

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.