AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-24, 10:23   Link #141
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait...

I recently got around to getting a Nicovideo account. So I finally got a chance to watch some gameplay vids.

And at the end of Signum's path...

Spoiler for SPOILER:


Who would have thought... O_O


On other news, Dark Piece Hayate is, as many others said before me, CUUUTTTEEE~~~!!!

She's all... How do I say it. Playful. She approaches Signum and asks for a match, saying something along the lines of, "Let me show you how strong I've become with the others' help." And she does it ADORABLY. Signum's awkwardness in that conversation is lol-worthy too, since she couldn't quite turn down Hayate's request even though she was a fake. (Well, she tried. But Hayate did some childish insistence that made Signum cave in.) XD

The round against Reinforce was the best, though.
Spoiler for SPOILER:

And what does Signum do?

Signum: Stop what you're doing and prepare to fight.
Reinforce: What are you-
Signum: Just do it!

And after the fight, Signum goes on to scold Rein like a stern big mama. poor Reinforce could hardly even get a word in.

And of course, after Fate comes in and has a little talk with Reinforce, Signum does her crowning moment of funny:

Signum: Reinforce, come here for a second.
Reinforce: ?

*BOING*
Spoiler for pic:

Signum: You big idiot.
Reinforce: Leader... it hurts...
Fate: Ehh?

Me: *melts*

Sanae Kobayashi did great as Reinforce. It's nice hearing her talk outside of the battle in A's/in casual situations.


And with that, back to watching for me.

... Is what I'd like to say. But ironing out my job applications come first.

*sigh* Students sure have it nice...

EDIT: Page claim for Hayate and Reinforce. Oh, and Signum too. >:3
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2010-02-24 at 13:01.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 16:32   Link #142
Kikaifan
Blazing General
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CA
Age: 27
Don't they unison in one of the other scenarios, though?
__________________
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 17:06   Link #143
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
Er yeah, I'd have to replay/find the nico video of that Reinforce thing because I definitely don't remember that, lol.

PS - WHAT ABOUT LOVE FOR VITA!? >:O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Don't they unison in one of the other scenarios, though?
Yes.

HAYATE IS THE UNISON DEVICE. ;AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA;
__________________

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 17:11   Link #144
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
They do. But I guess it's some sort of side-effect from the reverse Unison with Hayate or maybe the Unison ability was deteriorating in the first place and that's what might have caused the high amount of strain on Hayate after the final battle. I'm not sure. Aside from Nanoha's and Fate's routes (that had no data to provide about Reinforce's issue) I've been only able to watch the second half of Signum's story and Reinforce's final battle. Actually, for the latter...

Spoiler for Spoiler for Reinforce ending:

I guess I should try searching for the first parts of the stories to get a better grasp on the big picture. Though that certainly sounds time-consuming. I heard A's Portable is one big overlapping story...

S-shamal, w-what do you mean leave the house to you guys when Hayate's too tired?! You're not thinking of cooking, are you?!

*rewinds the vid again to listen to Hayate's, "Nnh~ Darui~... Karada ga omoi~!"*


By the way, is Reinforce speaking in archaic Japanese or just speaking in Keigo (polite/formal speech)? I can't seem to recognize some of her other terms...
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2010-02-25 at 01:45.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 17:47   Link #145
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I guess I should try searching for the first parts of the stories to get a better grasp on the big picture. Though that certainly sounds time-consuming. I heard A's Portable is one big overlapping story...
Yeah, should probably go through Fate, Nanoha and Hayate's first and then tackle the other guys if you're looking at this story wise.

I think listening [and playing] through one character's story mode would easily take me 30 minutes, even though you probably get 10 minutes of actual game time. It's been way too long since I've played and my memory is crap. orz
Quote:
By the way, is Reinforce speaking in archaic Japanese or just speaking in Keigo (polite/formal speech)? I can't seem to recognize some of her other terms...
Er, I think it's keigo 'cause I seem to be able to understand the jist of what she's saying. Whereas me trying to watch something like Sengoku Basara leaves me going "Wtf just happened".

.... DARK PIECE HAYATE. T___T <3
__________________

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 06:58   Link #146
Password
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Query: Is anyone translating this game? Asking since work is finally winding down to normal levels, so I might try to take a crack at it since I want to have more than just a rough idea of the story line (though I won't touch the opening narration due to its lack of written text)
Password is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 13:18   Link #147
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I'd be glad to join you, but I suck at Japanese I'll probably be an editor, lol.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 15:04   Link #148
Kikaifan
Blazing General
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CA
Age: 27
My Japanese is not good but I know the basic grammar so I can do simple stuff with kanji dictionaries. If someone provides text I'd definitely be willing to help out.
__________________
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 22:56   Link #149
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
orite, I almost forgot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And with that, back to watching for me.

... Is what I'd like to say. But ironing out my job applications come first.

*sigh* Students sure have it nice...
Oi, oi, some of us are students with full-time jobs, too. ;-;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post
Query: Is anyone translating this game? Asking since work is finally winding down to normal levels, so I might try to take a crack at it since I want to have more than just a rough idea of the story line (though I won't touch the opening narration due to its lack of written text)
I know people who know people but don't know people who want to do my stuff and er, the main problem was how they wanted to go about doing this. We didn't know anyone who could actually crack open the game and English patch it or whatever so....

.... Yeah, no one seems to be doing it, so it's up for grabs?

To be honest, I don't know the grammar structure of Japanese, so I'm completely useless here. I'm able to edit anything and sort of refer to the Japanese text - mock TLCing, really.
__________________

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 13:27   Link #150
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Yeah, should probably go through Fate, Nanoha and Hayate's first and then tackle the other guys if you're looking at this story wise.


Done with Nanoha and Fate. And I finally found a series of vids with Hayate’s storyline in it. And I must say, HAYATE IS SO CUTE~<3

It's a freakin joy to hear and watch more about her beginnings and training as a Mage Knight since all we've ever got from the official series was ONE short track in a Sound Stage where Nanoha and Fate were tutoring her for flight control and then StrikerS completely shafted her. But I'll stop here before I make another very long rant about her treatment there.

Anyway, back to A's PORTABLE. Seeing Hayate now as an official mage makes me a happy little swirly. >@3 We FINALLY get to see how she was as a kid with magic powers and how her personality developed after getting to that point (It was never seen in detail due to the timeskip in the original timeline). Suffice to say, I feel Hayate is easily the one out of the three Aces with the mindset closest to that of a nine year old. Fate's story had a lot to do with her 'weak' heart and how Nanoha and the others give her strength (Considering all the sh*t she had to go through, I can't blame her.) while Nanoha's was about learning the reason why she uses magic. (Seriously, Nanoha! That's almost on the same level as 'my reason of living' that emo teenagers and older people think about.)

As for Hayate, she's also very mature for her age. But she still shows a lot of childish traits. Much more than the other two, anyway.

Spoiler for Quick review of Hayate's storyline:


As for a summary of how Hayate was portrayed, I'd say she's the most childlike of the three Aces. She's mature, yes, but she also oftentimes showed an appropriate amount of naivet้ (to the point of silliness at times) suitable for someone her age. What I particularly like was how important her family is to her was shown through her actions and words. She's the Mistress of the Night Sky and she shows the dignity that befits her title. All in all, she's an extremely fun character to follow. Her Kansai accent is really charming here with her mandatory cute little girl tone (I love it when her tone goes affectionate... ). Having Reinforce tag along (She didn't fight because she was still injured from the final battle of A's.) for commentary and exclamations due to Hayate's actions was an added bonus. Sanae Kobayashi is now one of my favorite seiyuus. <3

Seriously, where did all this personality go to in the original timeline? Hayate almost showed more active personality in thirty or so minutes of gameplay dialogue compared to the ENTIRE StrikerS franchise, anime, manga and Sound Stages combined! What the heck, 7Arcs?! So this is what you have been keeping from me for years now?! ONOREEEEE!!!

Okay, I won't rant... I won't rant...

*takes a deep breath*

Anyway, I didn't intend for the review to be that long. If I get the chance to watch Reinforce's and Shamal's (Yes, SHAMAL. Why? Why not? Shamal has been becoming more and more interesting to me lately.) storylines, I'll probably make a review similar to the one above as well. I only hope I can find the vids in Nicodouga, though. ><

Quote:
I think it's keigo 'cause I seem to be able to understand the jist of what she's saying. Whereas me trying to watch something like Sengoku Basara leaves me going "Wtf just happened".


Quote:
.... DARK PIECE HAYATE. T___T <3
Quoted for truth. T___T

By the way, I noticed that they flunked the ENGRISH again by having Raising Heart say Dark PEace instead of Piece in the dialogue script. XD It really fits Dark Peace Hayate. ;__;

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Oi, oi, some of us are students with full-time jobs, too. ;-;
Oh... err... Sorry for my insensitivity. >_<

*pats LVD*



@Thread: Aaanyway....

Let's talk about the Materials for a change. >:3

Is it just me or does Material-L gets the least love out of the three Ace Doppelgangers? She's the only one with no CG dedicated to her disappearing or appearance (at least none that I've seen.) She also seems a bit on the dull side since I saw a vid where Shamal manipulates M-L's pride to get her to spit plenty of important data about the enemy. M-L sounded rather PWN'd there when she realized how much she blabbed. XD

Out of the three, Material-S is my favorite. I like her polite speech pattern even more than Nanoha's. Hearing Yukari Tamura using a deeper tone reminiscent of Rika from Higurashi or Bernkastel from Umineko is a big plus. >:3 And her final attack chant is one of my favorites in the series: Tsudoishi negai ga... arata kagayaki hoshi to naru. Hikari satsu michi to nare! Synchro Shoukan!! Hishou seyo, Stardust Dragon!!!
"Tsuidoi, akaboshi. Subete yakikusu homura to nare! LUCIFERION BUREIKAAAA!!!!!" (Anybody knows what this translates to...?)

Anyways, off to sleep I go. It's already past 2 in the morning here...
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2010-03-01 at 04:54.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 19:37   Link #151
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Spoiler for Quick review of Hayate's storyline:
.....

*runs of to hunt the vids*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Is it just me or does Material-L gets the least love out of the three Ace Doppelgangers? She's the only one with no CG dedicated to her disappearing or appearance (at least none that I've seen.) She also seems a bit on the dull side since I saw a vid where Shamal manipulates M-L's pride to get her to spit plenty of important data about the enemy. M-L sounded rather PWN'd there when she realized how much she blabbed. XD
*pops back in for a moment* Considering the criminal amount of attention her original gets in every other media, I'm not surprised they decided to focus on someone else for a change.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 19:54   Link #152
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Funny story, I think Material L is the most popular, considering the loads of fanart I've seen of her. I'm not particularly a fan of her though.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 20:16   Link #153
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fate's futon ofc
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
She is only Fate's doppelganger. It's only momentary whereas Fate's fame is much more everlasting.
__________________



ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 21:04   Link #154
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Funny story, I think Material L is the most popular, considering the loads of fanart I've seen of her.
She is a Fate clone after all. Being a clone of Nanoha's most popular character kind of helps. Though it's pretty much a draw between her and M-S right now.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 21:15   Link #155
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
I have not really put much effort into comparing. Danbooru doesn't seem to have much of any of them. But pix.iv has quite a lot.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 00:48   Link #156
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
tl;dr
FUCK YEAH, WOLKIES. Yeah, it really pissed me off how they were more alive here than in A's and StS and godammit, I want more Zaffy. T_T;

And yeah, haha, everyone in the Nanoha series for the most part.... So mature for their age. :V

Also lol, yes Nanoha is very competitive. <3
Quote:
Out of the three, Material-S is my favorite. I like her polite speech pattern even more than Nanoha's. Hearing Yukari Tamura using a deeper tone reminiscent of Rika from Higurashi or Bernkastel from Umineko is a big plus. >:3 And her final attack chant is one of my favorites in the series: Tsudoishi negai ga... arata kagayaku hoshi to naru. Hikari satsu michi to nare! Synchro Shoukan!! Hishou seyo, Stardust Dragon!!!
"Tsuidoi, akaboshi. Subete yakikusu homura to nare! LUCIFERION BUREIKAAAA!!!!!" (Anybody knows what this translates to...?)
I have more art of Material-L than the other two, ufufufu.

Anyhoo, I like Material-L because she's not all quiet and reserved like Fate. Material-S makes me nosebleed for certain reasons. And to attempt to TL your last thing....

集え、あかぼし
Gather, morning star,

全てを焼き消す焔となれ!
And incinerate everything!

ルシフェリオン、ブレイカー!
LUCIFERION BREAKER!

Uhm yeah idk ~5 hrs of sleep + I've been fagging all day but hey you get the Japanese to play with.
__________________

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 01:26   Link #157
Kikaifan
Blazing General
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CA
Age: 27
It's in the same form as Reinforce's chant for Starlight Breaker. "Become the flame that incinerates everything."
__________________
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 04:12   Link #158
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
.....

*runs of to hunt the vids*
You simply could have asked me.

Hayate story part 1.

Hayate story part 2.

You need a Nico Nico Douga account to watch the, though.

Quote:
*pops back in for a moment* Considering the criminal amount of attention her original gets in every other media, I'm not surprised they decided to focus on someone else for a change.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
FUCK YEAH, WOLKIES. Yeah, it really pissed me off how they were more alive here than in A's and StS and godammit, I want more Zaffy. T_T;
Needs moar Shamal too. :<

Quote:
Also lol, yes Nanoha is very competitive. <3
Well, it has been said the Nanoha an Fate both hated losing. XD

Quote:
I have more art of Material-L than the other two, ufufufu.

Anyhoo, I like Material-L because she's not all quiet and reserved like Fate.
I would have preferred her to be a genki girl instead of a psychopathic loli, though. >_>

Quote:
Material-S makes me nosebleed for certain reasons.
I'm very curious... but I guess I won't ask. <_<

Quote:
And to attempt to TL your last thing....

集え、あかぼし
Gather, morning star,

全てを焼き消す焔となれ!
And incinerate everything!

ルシフェリオン、ブレイカー!
LUCIFERION BREAKER!
Cool! Thanks!

Quote:
Uhm yeah idk ~5 hrs of sleep + I've been fagging all day but hey you get the Japanese to play with.
XD XD XD
Your costume is hilarious! XD
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2010-02-28 at 22:03.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 06:06   Link #159
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Backyard of Moriya shrine
Age: 29
I'm not sure if I'm proud of myself after I've open the gates of nico nico douga for Aaron. He's jumping up and down about Hayate
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 06:28   Link #160
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
He's always jumping up and down about Hayate. This just gave him (and all other Hayate fans) what was denied in StrikerS.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.