Notices

Old 2007-01-16, 19:53   Link #81
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Bringing back an old thread from death to ask a question:

Is there really no way to avoid Sophia getting seperated from you in the beginning of Disc 1 all the way until Disc 2?

I just find it odd that she's supposed to be the heroine of the game, and yet is absent for more than half the story.
Yeah and the fact she comes back at Level 1 makes her a chore to work with. One she gets higher up in levels her ability to attack at a distance makes her fairly useful in stunning enemies while remaining safe. However if an enemy does manage to get next her its curtains for poor Sophia. If you're going to use her make sure you manufacture lots of ressurection mists and potions. I never enter a dungeon without having 15 Blueberry's, 15 Aquaberry's, 15 Blackberry's 15 Physical and Mental Enhancer's, 15 Ressurection mists and potions. Also I think there's one other item you can make and hold only one of that brings a character back at 100% stats. I die a lot in this game, getting ko'ed by regular enemies is not at all uncommon.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 01:39   Link #82
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Yeah and the fact she comes back at Level 1 makes her a chore to work with. One she gets higher up in levels her ability to attack at a distance makes her fairly useful in stunning enemies while remaining safe. However if an enemy does manage to get next her its curtains for poor Sophia. If you're going to use her make sure you manufacture lots of ressurection mists and potions. I never enter a dungeon without having 15 Blueberry's, 15 Aquaberry's, 15 Blackberry's 15 Physical and Mental Enhancer's, 15 Ressurection mists and potions. Also I think there's one other item you can make and hold only one of that brings a character back at 100% stats. I die a lot in this game, getting ko'ed by regular enemies is not at all uncommon.
Ah, but you need her at level 1 to get a few battle trophies. For example beating the last boss at level 1.

Though for a ranged character, I'd go with Maria over Sophia every time. Her gun attacks do much more damage than Sophia can (energy burst does insane damage), and she can still melee effectively if need be.

Of course you don't get energy burst until you beat the game, but until then aiming device is very useful at long range, and for medium range gravity bullet does wonders.
Old 2007-01-17, 01:59   Link #83
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Ah, but you need her at level 1 to get a few battle trophies. For example beating the last boss at level 1.

Though for a ranged character, I'd go with Maria over Sophia every time. Her gun attacks do much more damage than Sophia can (energy burst does insane damage), and she can still melee effectively if need be.

Of course you don't get energy burst until you beat the game, but until then aiming device is very useful at long range, and for medium range gravity bullet does wonders.
Maria is like my best character. I think she's at 2500 ATK right now and 400ish defense. She's got good close range stunning with Triple Kick and the gun is so cheap its kind of funny. She's basically a super girl. Though it still doesn't matter late in the game as most enemies can kill you really fast anyway until you can really pump up your defense via item creation. Then again I kill most bosses in under a minute. Somehow I think I'm supposed to be avoiding most battles right now as I'm barely getting experience at a Level 50 average from most enemies and am still getting beaten around fairly often. I figure once the Post-Game kicks in its time to start leveling again. Though Maria leveled up four times after one boss fight. This is definetely not your usual RPG.

The all time King of WTF leveling up though is an H-RPG called Tayuu Uta where after one boss fight a character went from level 2 to level 25 which is 23 levels for those who don't want to worry about the math. Though the max level in that game is something like Lv. 999 so its not that big a deal in its own context.
Old 2007-01-17, 02:58   Link #84
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah, I played the game through once already so I saw how she and Peppita only start off at level 1 at near end-game. >.> (I had played it without the game guide and without looking at online guides, so that's why I didn't know for sure if you lost Sophia or if there was some way to keep her)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4536
Just thinking about how the heck someone would pull that off makes my head almost blow up. My guess would be that it would require lots of revival items and tons of item synthesis upgrades...
Old 2007-01-17, 03:42   Link #85
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yeah, I played the game through once already so I saw how she and Peppita only start off at level 1 at near end-game. >.> (I had played it without the game guide and without looking at online guides, so that's why I didn't know for sure if you lost Sophia or if there was some way to keep her)

Just thinking about how the heck someone would pull that off makes my head almost blow up. My guess would be that it would require lots of revival items and tons of item synthesis upgrades...
Item Creation. It's not too hard with augmented stats from a super powerful weapon with boosts to Atk and most importantly defense. I say to my friend all the time that the key in a lot of games is not levels but stats.
Old 2007-01-17, 13:23   Link #86
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Lol, still gotta get used to that. I'm from the odl pre-item synthesis/upgrading RPG era.

Still, thinking about how many times your level 1 characters can get one-shoted (even with upgraded armor, due to the dismally low HP and MP count they'll have) by the game's final story boss does make one's head spin.
Old 2009-08-11, 15:40   Link #87
Fate21
Kiyu~

The battle system is not the best, but I still enjoy it so much. It has the best battle system game I ever played. The music is good too. But gaining level took so much time
Unfortunately I can't play Star Ocean 4 because I don't have Xbox so idk about its battle system
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 16:28   Link #88
Shadow Kira01

I got to love the religious aspect of this game.. *chuckle*

Spoiler:

The battle system is even better as that it is pretty much one of a kind. The soundtrack is pretty good, nothing too spectacular. The battle trophy system is quite ridiculous, especially that you need like over 50% to access music test and like over 90% to unlock full-active mode which is available from the start in Star Ocean SE which I don't like.

Spoiler:

I guess I should play this game again sometimes later. Currently, I only have the solo and Sophia ending, as well as less than half of the battle trophies. For the ruins and Sphere 211, I have about less than 40% of it completed. Didn't spend much time on the series..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 05:10   Link #89
Xion Valkyrie

I wanted the gothiloli outfit for Sophia, but didn't have enough trophies T_T.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 20:53   Link #90
Zekori

Explosion!
Energy Burst!
Explosion!
Explosion!
Radiation Bits!
Explosion!
Blazing Cannon!
Explosion!

I got my trophies, and like with any other game I spend over 200~300 hours on I tend to still hear this randomly

"...Why do I hear the mario theme song suddenly... mixed in with the Halo theme....?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Item Creation. It's not too hard with augmented stats from a super powerful weapon with boosts to Atk and most importantly defense. I say to my friend all the time that the key in a lot of games is not levels but stats.
Been a while but iirc you could sync that scapegoat/revive-on-death accessory over and over to get near 100% revive after being killed. I remember having to suck it up and use a couple when having fun with a lvl.1 Sophia vs. Luther on 4d mode.

I remember reading somewhere that it was nearly an art for SO players to find a gamebreaking item (Eternal Sphere in SO2, ect) as soon as possible in the game.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 05:58   Link #91
Shadow Kira01

About some of those battle trophies..

How is it possible to beat Luther (God) at Lv10? And what about Lv1 solo!?

It is either very ridiculous or the challenge has an extreme difficulty.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 17:06   Link #92
Zekori

It's very possible.

As I said there are those clone dolls you can make to revive you, worse comes to pass you can park sophia (or fate) and peppita in a corner and pray Luther doesn't care to revive spam.

Then you use a Laser Weapon (or the Steel Pipe thing) and load it up with Orichalums. Then use AAA to guard from Luthers attacks, and and manually dodge the ones you can AAA guard. Sophia's long strong attack does something like 2~4k+ a hit twice if you boost her melee attack iirc.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 16:09   Link #93
Daizu
Magatsu Daizu

Send a message via MSN to Daizu
The game was pretty fun from what I remember. I could never make it very far because my discs kept freezing, but I remember my only complaint being that horrid voice acting.
Daizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 07:35   Link #94
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Can someone explain what the full active system is ? I can't get past 70% on my battle trophy list...

This game is indeed very memorable, and very difficult at the same time >_>;

Quote:
The game was pretty fun from what I remember. I could never make it very far because my discs kept freezing, but I remember my only complaint being that horrid voice acting.
Ah, I got several 'took-forever' loading time when I engaged in a battle. It took more than 5 hour of my total gameplay time because of that loading...>_>;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote