AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-01, 13:23   Link #41
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Rigardo was in the chapter, therefore, it's awesome.
Nice thinking from Deneve. Damn, those spikes are nasty.
Yuma is looking cool and I just hope Miria shows up soon.
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 13:28   Link #42
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I never imagine before that they would use this method to escape.

That's very good instinct from Deneve!

And of all people, I also never think that Dietrich would show up. Damn! My speculation level is still not high enough for Claymore.
__________________
zato_1one is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 13:30   Link #43
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
It's just me or Yagi is recycling old pages? Compare Renne in chapter 91, page 10 and Yuma in this chapter, page 23.
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 13:36   Link #44
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Japanese to Chinese to English dialogue.

SCENE 101: Wedge (楔)

Clare: What...?
Deneve: Clare!
Clare: (The fight with Rigardo can be used as analysis in the battle with Priscilla. I never realize that during the fight with Rigardo, my body size, speed amd offensive abilities are unconsciously replicated into my current battle with Priscilla until the fight was over. At that time, I thought just having an average warrior strength to wield my claymore was enough to defeat her. From the one who cut off her arm, Stormwind Noel, and not Muscular Sophia, I understood that you do not need powerful strength, but the speed and skills to rival her. After that, during the seven years in the North, I worked hard to practise these two concepts. Sealing the Quick Sword, spending my days grinding my speed and skills. All these to raise my status during awakening and train my body. During my fight with Priscilla, I wasted no hesitation in preparing to use that power.)
Helen: What...what happened? Now what...is happening? She was supposed to be awakened, but in just an instant...
Deneve: ...
Clare: cough...cough...Gaa! (re-awakens, but reverts back to normal form before she can stab Priscilla)
Helen: She...she reverted?
Clare: Why...why...why won't I awaken?
(Priscilla slaps Clare)
Priscilla: Boring...you're so boring.
Helen: Hey Deneve, what is going on? Was it that monster that stopped Clare's awakening?
Deneve: ...
Clare: Damn! Ga...ga...why, why, why?
Deneve: I see, was it that?
Helen: Wedge? What is that? What the hell is a wedge...
Deneve: That wasn't the opponent's power. Clare merely pulled herself back from awakening. I'm afraid she hasn't sensed that as well...the wedge that is carved deeply into her consciousness. That was Jean's big wedge.
Helen: Jean? What did she do to Clare?
Deneve: No, this has nothing to do with Jean. It's Clare who has put the wedge on herself. Deep inside her consciousness, so deep that Clare herself has no idea of. She awakened in order to defeat Rigardo, and Jean who rushed back to help, you can say that the present Clare is depending on Jean's life to live. Of course, Clare never forgot that incident. She can only watch helplessly at the enemy that she swore to defeat. No, you can say that she tried hard in order to atone for that regret. I guess it's hard to forgive herself, Clare should deeply understand what Jean was feeling at that time.
Clare: (sheds tears) Uh? What is going on? What am I crying for?
Helen: Damn. She's really a helpless idiot.
Deneve: Can you still move, Helen?
Helen: Mmm...yeah, I guess.
Deneve: Even though she's an idiot, she's our comrade. Let's save her.
Helen: To save that monster? I still don't get it...doesn't that mean we're dying together?
Deneve: Although that's correct, but the probability of surviving isn't zero.
(The destroyer poles begin to hatch)
Deneve: We have been fighting a whole day's worth of opponents since yesterday, I guess we can say we're now friends (with the destroyer).
Helen: Heh, this "friend" is really bad. Mmm...I guess we played for a whole day long enough to remember what she does.
Deneve: Then it's enough, let's stir up a war.
Helen: Get out of the way!
(Helen destroys the poles while leaving Deneve a clear path to Priscilla and Clare. Deneve stabs two poles with her swords and flings them to Priscilla, distracting her. She steps on the ground, grabs Clare and flees the scene.)
Helen: Deneve!
(Helen flings a giant pole towards the fleeing Deneve, who cuts the pole in two. The two halfs reach Priscilla and many poles shoot out from them to impale her.)
Helen: Did it work?
Deneve: No, it's not working. She's not an opponent we can fight with our level. Currently our movements are going according to plan and still within our boundaries.
(Priscilla breaks free from the poles)
Deneve: From now on, we can only pray to the goddess of fortune for help.

Meanwhile...
Yuma: (pants heavily) Thought that we were real lucky not to be hit by the second wave. Damn, can't I perform the same level as Cynthia?
(Cynthia wakes up)
Cynthia: I'm still...alive...?
(Yuma fights the kitties)
Yuma: I still need some time for my yoki to flow through my body. It will be better if Cynthia was here to synchronize her yoki with mine. I still have to work hard...
(Yuma's arm gets stabbed by a pole)
Yuma: Urgh...damn, what is this? (tears it out) Damn, can't I use my right arm anymore? To be lured here is enough, but to be killed here, I will probably burden Cynthia again. So I still don't want to die yet. It wasn't easy to learn yoki synchronization and regeneration, I was even thinking of able to help out everyone else. Captain Miria would even praise me, I guess...Helen and Deneve will even be surprised. Tabitha would say the same thing as Miria...Clare...what would Clare do? Anyway, Clare resembles me, seldom socializing. I guess she will have nothing much to say. (weeps) But in her heart, she will be happy for me...so I guess in the end, I still have no way to see everyone again.
(The kitties prepare to attack)
Dietrich: You're Helen and Deneve's comrade?
Yuma: ?!
Dietrich: The gratitude for being rescued by your companions...I will return it in double.

Reinforcement from Dietrich!
Miria's main squad is finally here?!
To be continued May issue.
Thanks for the translation.

It looks like Cynthia was wounded by the Kity and not by Beth.
__________________
Miria is alive
Awakened is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 14:14   Link #45
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me too much if, deep down, Claire really was scared and didn't want to awaken. I just don't get that impression however.

Deneve's theory is a nice one...but I just can't see Claire putting a block on herself like that.

"Miria's main squad"? I'm assuming then that they are there now?
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 14:36   Link #46
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks a lot for the translation Weils!

I realized a couple of things after reading it.
First of all little Clare was actually observing the battle closely and what was going on after Teresa got killed and even before that. I mean that's so out there I can't really put it into words.

Second they were fighting the Destroyer for a whole day? That means that Alicia was fighting Riful which is really wiered since Riful was seriously injured by the Rods and by some AFs and I don't see how she lasted so long. Basically it's really confusing.

I can see how Dietrich would underastand that Cynthia and Yuma are Helen and Deneve's comrades (same clothes and big Claymores...kind of hard to miss) but I still don't see how she could take down all those hellcats on her own. Also I wonder if she's really there to only repay Helen and Deneve. And btw isn't a hellcat supposed to be stronger than your average AB but it just dies on its own after it runs out of power? At least that's what I got from the first few Clare Helen and Deneve engaged. Either way I like Dietrich as a character. She might be following the organization but the word honarable fits her pretty well as well for the most part. And she is intelligent just like Miria and Galatea so if Miria actually talked to her after they met at Rabona (which won't really be that strange since they'll be going in the same diraction) she might have joined forces with the Ghosts. True she is loyal to the organization but she seem to care more about the lives of others and going by her own "honarable" principles (which I like about her).

Another thing I realized which is really major is that Noel actually cut Prissy's arm off. No really I've read that chapter like 100 times and not even once I saw that.

I must say that Clare's logic is majorly flawed though. She saw speed something that could give her the edge over Prissy but that is completely wrong. Here's why. Rigardo(still not sure how his name was spelled r or l) was one of the fastes ABs around he couldn't really do any damage to Prissy. Now Clare is faster than him but Even Alicia (who again was really fast and agile) couldn't damage Prissy. Isley (who should be slower comapred to Rigardo) managed to do seemingly more damage than Alicia who was way faster than him. Also if Clare was actually watching that battle she must have seen that Irene (the fastest of the Claymores there) couldn't touch Prissy.
Also even if Noel was fast it didn't matter because Prissy could regenerate that damage without a problem. Antoher thing that she should have seen was that Prissy wasn't actually fighting neither Sophia nor Noel at that time so there was that element of surprise. And one last thing Sophia attcked Prissy form the Right while Noel attacked from the left. Prissy blocked Sohia's strike with her Claymore but there was nothing to block Noel's strike with. Fact is both of them attacked Pirssy at the same time so you couldn't really say one was faster than the other from watching that.

Oh and another thing is it me or are Noel and Teresa's symbols the same? I mean really look at them. They are basically the same thing and no two symbols are that similar. They all look alike but each and every one of them so far had at least one or two extra lines (or a different agle of the lines) that make them clearly distinguishable.

If Miria and the reast of the ghost are on the move ( the translation Weils provided basically says they are there with a "?!" at the end) does that mean Galatea is with them? After all she knows what's really going on and the chances are high that she'll be joining them. Also what happened to Miata and Clarice since I forgot what happened with them after the talk at Rabona?

And one last thing. Now the whole Jean thoery with the emotional impact is nice and all but I just can't see it being the real reason. If that was the real reason I believe she would just subcontiously suppresses her yoki to not reach a level where she awakens. This is not at all what is going on. She goes into QofB mode and after that reverts back to normal. This means she goes past the point where she could return to her human form on her own. To go back from that she neads someone to do what Jean did back than or what Galatea did earlier. Either way Clare can't power down on her own free will contiously or subcontiously.

IMO Raphaela is the only one who can be responsible for this. If someone somehow installed the safety mechanism before she reemerged from the destroyer it probably would have been lost. The reason why is because the way I see things Clare used her mind and what she knew about herslef, what she experinec, etc (the sense of one's self or something....can't really put it into words cause I don't know the exact words) basically what she was before to "recunstruct" (not the right word but I can't think of a better one right now) her body and separate it from the Destroyer. That means that if someone changed something within her that she didn't know about it was most probably lost. or at least that's the way I see things. Also as I mentioned at the start of this thread Clare was using Rephaela's momories subcontiously without actually realizing it before she wondered why she knows that. That means that Raphaela probably can influence Clare without Clare knowing it. What do you guys think about this?
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 14:59   Link #47
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fn
Second they were fighting the Destroyer for a whole day? That means that Alicia was fighting Riful which is really wiered since Riful was seriously injured by the Rods and by some AFs and I don't see how she lasted so long. Basically it's really confusing.
It could be just an exaggeration; their was no indication of night, so it definitely wasn't a full 24 hours. Maybe it's just close to sundown, and that's why it's a "whole day".

As for the symbols, we've seen some that look unbelievably similar(Priscilla/Teresa, Clarice/Claire etc), when all of them are formed from a single bar in the middle, they start to all look the same. Ophelia's stand out the most for having a circle.

Yeah, odds are Rafaela is the one involved; can't fault Deneve for not knowing about that. She really was the leader in this one
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 15:00   Link #48
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
It more than likely has nothing to do with Raphaela, Claire been unable to awaken is simply a sort of mind block lots of people suffer from it after traumatic experiences many believe they have put the experiences behind them but in reality they haven't .

Although this could have something to do with the warning Raphaela give Claire before she died.
Newhope is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 15:43   Link #49
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
hmmm. I'm beginning to like this chapter more and more.

first of all, Weils, thx a lot, you just made my average evening into a great one
2nd... Cyclone...oh my...you're so right... this bodes not well... so many people getting closer and closer within Prissy's reach while she's getting angrier and angrier can only mean there's gonna be some casualties... hope they leave Gala at home to watch the kinds too. still like the chapter though XD
3rd... JB, such a great chapter and "yeah, Rigardo was in it, good stuff" is all that you have to say? mind you, there was also a nice panty shot of Dietrich

anybody here 'cept me just taking Dietrich's words for plain truth? Or do you all think she's playing them for some reason ? I always wanted her to come around, so my reasoning in the matter is flawed
haegar is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 16:56   Link #50
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
It could be just an exaggeration; their was no indication of night, so it definitely wasn't a full 24 hours. Maybe it's just close to sundown, and that's why it's a "whole day".

As for the symbols, we've seen some that look unbelievably similar(Priscilla/Teresa, Clarice/Claire etc), when all of them are formed from a single bar in the middle, they start to all look the same. Ophelia's stand out the most for having a circle.

Yeah, odds are Rafaela is the one involved; can't fault Deneve for not knowing about that. She really was the leader in this one
Yep there is no way 24 have passed but I really doubt more than 2 hours have really passed since the Destroyer launched the first volley. I mean for Riful to manage to not die for that long, for Yuma and Cynthia to run for that long without meating any resistance until they reached Beth, for Prissy to kill the 3 AOs....it was really fast. So it was probably just a figure of speach.

And about the symbols both Teresa/ Prissy and Clarice/Clare have a obvious difference even if they are similar whereas Noel/Teresa are basically the same with maybe they main bar(line) being a bit shorter (it porbably just looks like that since all the main lines are the same length). That's why I find it so wiered. In the anime it was changed a bit but in the manga I don't see any difference. I'll probably post the two side by side later cause now I just can't do it.
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 17:14   Link #51
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Well, don't forget, that the shot of Noel we just got was pretty small, so it's easy if you just got confused.

After reading this chapter...would you say Miria should make Deneve her second-in-command?

Tabitha is just a fan, and Claire wouldn't be interested, but yet again, Deneve has shown their is more to her then meets the eye. If she Miria ever made a decision like that, I think Deneve would actually be her best choice.

It's funny, because it seemed so obvious before, and this chapter only compounded it.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 17:14   Link #52
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Perhaps it is somehow a combination of both?
Priscilla called clare boring. That i find somehow ridiculous.
Clare is the first claymore who had ever done something like that and all priscilla does calling her boring. She is not at her level of strength but even priscilla must have recognized that she can do strange things.

I think second in command would be galatea.
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 17:17   Link #53
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Just because something is strange doesn't mean it is interesting to her.

She seemed to only be interested in remembering what she has forgotten, so Clare, having trigger no reaction from her, and being unable to challenge her, was of no interest.

Honestly, Clare should be thankful that Priscilla is losing interest, Deneve and Helen need to get the hell out of there and hope Priscilla shifts interests to the Destroyer.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 17:51   Link #54
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I think second in command would be galatea.
Hm. Galatea ought to be a notch stronger than Deneve, even with the later's half-awakend state. So in terms of power, she ought to be second. There's also the fact that she is an eye.

But Deneve "acted" like second in command here: She analysed the situation, made a quick judgement and acted on it. We'll have to wait on #102 to see if she made the right call - while she might have saved Clare here, her decission might cost her own, Helen's or other ghost's lives. Still, at a time where leadership was needed she stepped up.

Galatea on the other hand consciuosly laid down the burden of command. She chose the life as a hermit, maybe she thought because she couldn't go against the Org on her own, maybe for personal reasons. But once she met the ghosts in Rabonna she could have come back. Miria deferred to her. But she denied that responsibility. Imho I think it would be nice if she came out of that phase and acted like a #3 eye again. But in that case I would want some decent story development to back up that change of mood. Just somebody saying..."oh well...we need a backup lead...you're it, congrats" would suck big time.

Yagi gave her a real nice character development. From the near arrogant, absolutely self-assured #3 to the reclusive hermit who tries to atone for her sins as an ex-member of the Org.

The fact that she lost her sight fits in nicely, it is symbolic, like Oedipus of greek mythology she couldn't stand "seeing" any longer who she had become - so she blinded herself.

As I read her she's thinking that her life with the children, even being in part responsible for the rescue of Rabona doesn't meassure up against her past, is not enough to atone. Hence she was willing to go out in a blaze of glory against Agatha. She did clearly realize that she was as good as dead with Clarice & Miata alone...yet she stayed. She said so herself - all left for her to do was dying fighting for a good cause. I still hope she's gonna get herself together and come to the rescue at some later point where things look rly bad for Miria & Co...but if that happens it should be with good reason. I'd want at least a chapter on her to see her revoke her decision for recluse. (Hell,I want two...at the least )

Boy I sure hope Yagi doesn't waste her prematurely in the bloody slaughter that is undoubtedly gonna follow in Prissy's wake...
haegar is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 17:54   Link #55
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Just because something is strange doesn't mean it is interesting to her.

She seemed to only be interested in remembering what she has forgotten, so Clare, having trigger no reaction from her, and being unable to challenge her, was of no interest.

Honestly, Clare should be thankful that Priscilla is losing interest, Deneve and Helen need to get the hell out of there and hope Priscilla shifts interests to the Destroyer.
Heh, she may end up getting angry at them and wanting to go back. Those two may end up having to knock some sense into her

But Priscilla still has interest in Claire - interest in killing her. She know she's what she has been looking for, so she is looking for something from her that will give some kind of reaction. If Claire escapes, she can always look for her later, so she may indeed focus on the Destroyer for kicks.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 19:11   Link #56
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Nice chapter. Still not much to speculate on though. Weird last line mentioning Dietrich and Miria. Looks like those of us who thought that Clare becoming stronger as a claymore would lead to her being a stronger awakened being are true from her words, like riful said.
__________________
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 19:33   Link #57
Mord
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Yep there is no way 24 have passed but I really doubt more than 2 hours have really passed since the Destroyer launched the first volley. I mean for Riful to manage to not die for that long, for Yuma and Cynthia to run for that long without meating any resistance until they reached Beth, for Prissy to kill the 3 AOs....it was really fast. So it was probably just a figure of speach.
According to Chapter 96 the hellcats can rampage for around half a day before running out of energy.
Mord is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 19:35   Link #58
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Maybe Deneve's plan is to actually make Prissy focus on the Destroyer - she did sau "let's stir up a war" going by the translation we have now. I don't see why Prissy would bother unless she wants to eat it...she did say she's hungry after all

Also to add something to the theory that Rpahaela was responsible for Clare's de-awakening - the chapter in which Raphaela was talking to Clare and mentioned that mistake right before the Destroyer was born was called "Soul Seal". That's got to count for something right?

Last edited by Joe_fh; 2010-03-01 at 20:34.
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 19:36   Link #59
Cyclone
Transient Guest
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
I admit I may be a little biased on this...
So let me correct a few things for you haegar:


Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Hm. Galatea ought to be a notch stronger than Deneve, even with the later's half-awakend state. So in terms of power, she ought to be second. There's also the fact that she is an eye.

But Deneve "acted" like second in command here: She analysed the situation, made a quick judgement and acted on it. We'll have to wait on #102 to see if she made the right call - while she might have saved Clare here, her decission might cost her own, Helen's or other ghost's lives. Still, at a time where leadership was needed she stepped up.

Galatea on the other hand consciuosly laid down the burden of command. She chose the life as a hermit, maybe she thought because she couldn't go against the Org on her own, maybe for personal reasons. But once she met the ghosts in Rabonna she could have come back. Miria deferred to her. But she denied that responsibility. Imho I think it would be nice if she came out of that phase and acted like a #3 eye again. But in that case I would want some decent story development to back up that change of mood. Just somebody saying..."oh well...we need a backup lead...you're it, congrats" would suck big time.

Yagi gave her a real nice character development. From the near arrogant confident, absolutely self-assured #3 to the reclusive hermit peacefully retired who tries to atone for her sins as an ex-member of the Org.

The fact that she lost her sight fits in nicely, it is symbolic, like Oedipus of greek mythology she couldn't stand "seeing" any longer who she had become - so she blinded herself. (comparing her to Oedipus is a bit drastic, as she has not killed nor married/slept with either of her parents)

As I read her she's thinking that her life with the children, even being in part responsible for the rescue of Rabona doesn't meassure up against her past, is not enough to atone. Hence she was willing to go out in a blaze of glory against Agatha. She did clearly realize that she was as good as dead with Clarice & Miata alone...yet she stayed. She said so herself - all left for her to do was dying fighting for a good cause. I still hope she's gonna get herself together and come to the rescue at some later point where things look rly bad for Miria & Co...but if that happens it should be with good reason. I'd want at least a chapter on her to see her revoke her decision for recluse. (Hell,I want two...at the least )

Boy I sure hope Yagi doesn't waste her prematurelyNEVER let's her die for any reason what-so-ever (!!! - what the heck were you thinking man!?!? You need to attend more acolyte group sessions, and rid your mind of such thoughts) in the bloody slaughter that is undoubtedly gonna follow in Prissy's wake...
... ah... much better!
Cyclone is offline  
Old 2010-03-01, 19:50   Link #60
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Nice chapter. Still not much to speculate on though. Weird last line mentioning Dietrich and Miria. Looks like those of us who thought that Clare becoming stronger as a claymore would lead to her being a stronger awakened being are true from her words, like riful said.
I agree; it was an extremely straightforward chapter. The only real new thing we got from it in fact, was that Cynthia is thankfully still alive.

Yuma or Deneve, who was the real star of 101, that is the question
Shiek927 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.