AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-01, 22:23   Link #281
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
If you mean ep.19 of Railgun, he doesn't exactly call her anything, so we can't tell that he knows her as Mikoto or BiriBiri!
What I mean was that Touma just call her Misaka, no biri biri. I can tell because I was reading some translations from BT and other sites.
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-03-02, 06:44   Link #282
Minagi Mikoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What I mean was that Touma just call her Misaka, no biri biri. I can tell because I was reading some translations from BT and other sites.
If you're taking about the "anime", I've just re-watched that part from ep.19 and I can tell that he doesn't call her by anything , but if it's manga or the light novels, I don't know because I don't read them.
Minagi Mikoto is offline  
Old 2010-03-02, 09:55   Link #283
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Even after memory loss he still sometimes calls her Biri Biri, but no where near as often. In the anime at least. In the novels I'm not sure. At BT vol 4, he calls her shocker. That might be a translated Biri Biri.??

But yeah, he calls her by her name most of the time after memory loss.
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2010-03-03, 10:30   Link #284
Minagi Mikoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
But yeah, he calls her by her name most of the time after memory loss.
In the anime?!
And by the way what do you mean by BT?
Minagi Mikoto is offline  
Old 2010-03-03, 10:38   Link #285
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
In the anime?!
And by the way what do you mean by BT?
Baka-Tsuki.

Google is your friend
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2010-03-03, 10:49   Link #286
Minagi Mikoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Baka-Tsuki.

Google is your friend
guess you're right! But when you google BT it often means Bit torrent!
Minagi Mikoto is offline  
Old 2010-03-03, 11:20   Link #287
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
bit torrent is also a friend!
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-03-03, 14:19   Link #288
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
In the anime?!
And by the way what do you mean by BT?
In the first episode of Angel Fall,when it is actually his cousin taking on Misaka's form.
And maybe in a couple of the previews. I can't remember which one's exactly.

Actually, is it his cousin. What was their relation to one another?
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2010-03-03, 14:27   Link #289
Vanish
Science Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere.
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Cousin? Wasn't it sister?
In that episode she appeared in Biribiri-form I'm pretty sure she called out "Onii-chan!" to him and didn't he go like "Why is Biribiri taking up an imouto-chara?!" ?
Either way that's the only or one of the only times she appears (dunno about Light Novel) and you only take a glimpse of her real look in that mobile phone.

Since there's no blood relation at any rate and Toma lost his memories I don't think there's much to say about their relation to one another.
Vanish is offline  
Old 2010-03-03, 14:36   Link #290
Minagi Mikoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
In the first episode of Angel Fall,when it is actually his cousin taking on Misaka's form.
And maybe in a couple of the previews. I can't remember which one's exactly.

Actually, is it his cousin. What was their relation to one another?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Cousin? Wasn't it sister?
In that episode she appeared in Biribiri-form I'm pretty sure she called out "Onii-chan!" to him and didn't he go like "Why is Biribiri taking up an imouto-chara?!" ?
Absolutely! Even there he called her Biri Biri and Otohime (her cousin's name) asked him "why Biri Biri?!"

As I remember it was only one time that he ran up to one of Misaka imoutos and said "Misaka?! Oh, it's the sister!"
Minagi Mikoto is offline  
Old 2010-03-03, 20:56   Link #291
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Touma called her "dengeki to biri biri".(electrical and shaky)
Biri biri is a punny name which is the onomatopeia of sparks sounds and shaky(which Touma used to call her after the "battle" next to the river where she showed herself scared in Railgun) at the same time. You can find a similar example in one of the Opening of Death Note and in Naruto when in the begining Sasuke Uchiha calls Naruto, "are you right, biri biri kun?
__________________
The world is collapsing

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-04 at 11:38.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-03-04, 10:39   Link #292
Minagi Mikoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Touma called her "dengeki to biri biri".
Yeah, Electrical Biri Biri! Much the same!
Minagi Mikoto is offline  
Old 2010-03-05, 07:24   Link #293
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Well, I know of at least one time where he call her 'Mikoto' Most of everything else is 'Misaka'.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2010-03-06, 10:34   Link #294
Minagi Mikoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, I know of at least one time where he call her 'Mikoto' Most of everything else is 'Misaka'.
He almost didn't call her Misaka once, when did he called her Mikoto?! (maybe "Misaka Mikoto")
Minagi Mikoto is offline  
Old 2010-03-06, 18:48   Link #295
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
He almost didn't call her Misaka once, when did he called her Mikoto?! (maybe "Misaka Mikoto")
As far as I know, he's been calling her 'Misaka' since the sport festival, baka-tsuki's translation of volume 12 also yield quite a few 'Misaka' instead of 'biribiri'.

But only once in volume 10 did he call her 'Mikoto', which was weird- I totally didn't realize it the first time.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2010-03-06, 21:36   Link #296
Vanish
Science Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere.
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
So he could be unconsciously be getting closer to Mikoto... but it's weird he calls her Mikoto before Volume 12 at all and then retreats to using her last name a lot in the 12th volume itself.
Start off with biribiri, with rare occasions Mikoto, and starting Volume 12 he uses her last name?
Vanish is offline  
Old 2010-03-06, 21:44   Link #297
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
So he could be unconsciously be getting closer to Mikoto... but it's weird he calls her Mikoto before Volume 12 at all and then retreats to using her last name a lot in the 12th volume itself.
Start off with biribiri, with rare occasions Mikoto, and starting Volume 12 he uses her last name?
No, by the time of the festival, he hardly- almost never, calls her 'biribiri' anymore.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2010-03-06, 22:10   Link #298
Vanish
Science Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere.
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
That's the case at any rate (not calling her biribiri anymore).

My point is that you're closer to someone when using his/her first name over the last name.
But how come Toma (occasionally) called her by her first name (Mikoto) first, and then later like mentioned starting Volume 12 the last name (Misaka)?
How does the order make sense? Or is it so insignificant that it doesn't matter?
Vanish is offline  
Old 2010-03-06, 23:09   Link #299
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
That's the case at any rate (not calling her biribiri anymore).

My point is that you're closer to someone when using his/her first name over the last name.
But how come Toma (occasionally) called her by her first name (Mikoto) first, and then later like mentioned starting Volume 12 the last name (Misaka)?
How does the order make sense? Or is it so insignificant that it doesn't matter?
Correction, he started calling her 'Misaka' ever since volume 9, not volume 12, and have been doing so ever since... Mostly.

As for your question... I don't know, it was really only once in front of both their parents and it was quite offhandedly I might add.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2010-03-07, 07:43   Link #300
Minagi Mikoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As far as I know, he's been calling her 'Misaka' since the sport festival, baka-tsuki's translation of volume 12 also yield quite a few 'Misaka' instead of 'biribiri'.

But only once in volume 10 did he call her 'Mikoto', which was weird- I totally didn't realize it the first time.
Alright! I got it! Volumes 10 and 12 means that you're talking about the manga or light novels which I haven't read! I've just watched the anime!
Minagi Mikoto is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.