AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-08-24, 12:13   Link #21
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
In my opinion Kyubi CANNOT die.

He is one of the great demons who plague the world every xxx years.

I highly doubt he can be killed.


If naruto dies, I think Kyubi would just be banished back into his dimension and then return to earth during his next "plague"


I think Kyubi is not "saving" naruto.

I have a feeling that Kyubi cannot stop naruto from taking chakra.

So basically when naruto says "lend me your chakra", kyubi is just playing the bad ass but in reality he has no choice.

Yondaime specifically made the seal so that Naruto could tap into Kyubi's chakra. So basically it seemed that Kyubi was saving naruto from death, but in reality it was naruto saving himself.

However it took life or death situation from him to save himself because he didnt know how to use kyubi's chakra , but in those dangerous situations his "insticts" , "subconcious mind" , "reflex" , whatever you wanna call it, took over.

I think Kyubi has no choice.

He cannot refuse naruto chakra. He is just sitting there imprisoned like an idiot while naruto learns how to use the seal more effeciently.
__________________
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:14   Link #22
Nubixkube
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
No one has any idea what the answer to this question is. It could be that the Kyuubi can still be sealed within the death god's stomach when Naruto dies. You're assuming that the 4th didn't seal it within himself because of the Kyuubi's immortality, but we don't know why he chose to seal it into Naruto at all.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:14   Link #23
stylez
Hokage
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to stylez
I bet Kyubi is a smart bastard! I bet he is pulling some strings around.=P Making the Akatsuki all after Naruto so they might thry to use his powers and faile. Then Kyubi will return and kill everything=D
__________________
-"Men is not made for work, the evidence is that we get tired"
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:16   Link #24
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
He is one of the great demons who plague the world every xxx years.

I highly doubt he can be killed.
You say that...but it wasn't every "xxx"years that his soul was imprisoned in a shiobi baby now was it? how can he return now?

Like stated before the "immortality"of this beast just lies in it strenght that NOONE has ever defeated it
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:16   Link #25
Yogi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Spoiler:
I don't think the shinobi couldn't defeat Kyuubi because Kyuubi was immortal, it was because one of Kyuubi's nine tails can change the course of mighty rivers.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:17   Link #26
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez
I bet Kyubi is a smart bastard! I bet he is pulling some strings around.=P Making the Akatsuki all after Naruto so they might thry to use his powers and faile. Then Kyubi will return and kill everything=D
That would be damn ironic
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:17   Link #27
Mezu
The Guardian
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
if this is so, then why would the 4th trap kyuubis soul in naruto if he were gonna come back later on anyway? if kyuubi plagues teh earth for xx amount of years, wouldn't he only have a limited time on the earth and wouldn't it be better to leave him alone and one of the greatest hokage would be alive?
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:24   Link #28
SajberToent
Borked
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In my daydreams
Age: 27
I repeat, if Naruto dies, so does kyubi...

Like, why would anyone ever let Naruto go anywhere if I'm wrong? They'd lock Naruto up in a maximum secure prison and throw him some sandwiches every now and then....

Or why would kyubi ever lend Naruto his powers? ... And when Naruto was dying so was kyubi, which was why he was asking why it was so dark...
__________________
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:24   Link #29
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
You say that...but it wasn't every "xxx"years that his soul was imprisoned in a shiobi baby now was it? how can he return now?

Like stated before the "immortality"of this beast just lies in it strenght that NOONE has ever defeated it

You seem to be talking from a purely naruto point of view.

Im talking from teh japanese mythology point of view.

Kyubi , short for

"Kimmoh-kyubi Hakumen-no-Akko" is an actual demon in japanese mythology. A 9 tailed fox.

Along with "Rokumen-happi-no-Jaki" --- A huge multi arm ogre

and

"Yamata-no-Orochi" --- A big ass 8 headed snake.

In japanese mythology, these are the major demons of the world. They cannot die. They plunged the world into chaos when it was first made and periodically plague human beings every few centuries.

Its obvious the Kyubi in naruto is the same Kyubi in japanese mythology.
a) Naruto is japanese themed.
b) Kyubi and Kimmoh-kyubi Hakumen-no-Akko are both giant demon foxes with 9 huge tails.

Thats why Im saying Kyubi cannot die. If naruto dies i dont think Kyubi will just "pop" out of naruto and be free. Instead when naruto dies, Kyubi just gets sent back to his underworld or whatever diemsion he usually dwells in when he isnt causing chaos on earth.
__________________
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:26   Link #30
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
if this is so, then why would the 4th trap kyuubis soul in naruto if he were gonna come back later on anyway? if kyuubi plagues teh earth for xx amount of years, wouldn't he only have a limited time on the earth and wouldn't it be better to leave him alone and one of the greatest hokage would be alive?
Not really. Yondaime did what he did to save Konoha. By sealing Kyubi away, konoha would never see him again. He doenst show up every 10 years. He comes after many many centuries. Cnat remember exactly how long. My mythology class gets boring sometimes.
__________________
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:28   Link #31
SajberToent
Borked
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In my daydreams
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
You seem to be talking from a purely naruto point of view.

Im talking from teh japanese mythology point of view.

Kyubi , short for

"Kimmoh-kyubi Hakumen-no-Akko" is an actual demon in japanese mythology. A 9 tailed fox.

Along with "Rokumen-happi-no-Jaki" --- A huge multi arm ogre

and

"Yamata-no-Orochi" --- A big ass 8 headed snake.

In japanese mythology, these are the major demons of the world. They cannot die. They plunged the world into chaos when it was first made and periodically plague human beings every few centuries.

Its obvious the Kyubi in naruto is the same Kyubi in japanese mythology.
a) Naruto is japanese themed.
b) Kyubi and Kimmoh-kyubi Hakumen-no-Akko are both giant demon foxes with 9 huge tails.

Thats why Im saying Kyubi cannot die. If naruto dies its my opinion that Kyubi just gets sent back to his underworld or whatever diemsion he usually dwells in when he isnt destroying earth.
Naruto has taken inspiration from japanseese mythology (note INSPIRATION), that's true.. but it is NOT japaneese mythology , It's Naruto!
__________________
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:31   Link #32
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
In mythology and in naruto.

They are both demons. They both have the same name. Their bodies are exactly the same.

In naruto just like in the myhtology, Kyubi popped out of nowhere and began trouble.

This isnt just inspiriation. This is characterization of a mythological being in the story.
__________________
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:33   Link #33
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
You seem to be talking from a purely naruto point of view.

Im talking from teh japanese mythology point of view.

Kyubi , short for

"Kimmoh-kyubi Hakumen-no-Akko" is an actual demon in japanese mythology. A 9 tailed fox.

Along with "Rokumen-happi-no-Jaki" --- A huge multi arm ogre

and

"Yamata-no-Orochi" --- A big ass 8 headed snake.

In japanese mythology, these are the major demons of the world. They cannot die. They plunged the world into chaos when it was first made and periodically plague human beings every few centuries.

Its obvious the Kyubi in naruto is the same Kyubi in japanese mythology.
a) Naruto is japanese themed.
b) Kyubi and Kimmoh-kyubi Hakumen-no-Akko are both giant demon foxes with 9 huge tails.

Thats why Im saying Kyubi cannot die. If naruto dies its my opinion that Kyubi just gets sent back to his underworld or whatever diemsion he usually dwells in when he isnt destroying earth.
That's nice and all but we ARE talking about a Naruto point of view here. So unless Japanese myths say anything about Kimmoh-kyubi Hakumen-no-Akko getting sealed in a kid I suggest we keep it simple.

Your question was clearly WHY does the nine-tail help Naruto even though he will not die.
Facts are against you since the kyuubi wants to keep living inside Naruto otherwise he would't help him.
You argue from your point of view that the Kyuubi is a immortal being, while the storyline proints more or less in the other direction..
Basically that means the discussion is futile unless we agree on the same basics.

yare yare..
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:34   Link #34
SajberToent
Borked
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In my daydreams
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
In mythology and in naruto.

They are both demons. They both have the same name. Their bodies are exactly the same.

In naruto just like in the myhtology, Kyubi popped out of nowhere and began trouble.

This isnt just inspiriation. This is characterization of a mythological being in the story.
Yea, but also other names like Yiraya and Tsunade (even Orochimaru) have been imported into Naruto and they're different.. even though they use the same kind of "magic" frog magic and snail "magic"...
__________________
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:34   Link #35
Mezu
The Guardian
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
In mythology and in naruto.

They are both demons. They both have the same name. Their bodies are exactly the same.

In naruto just like in the myhtology, Kyubi popped out of nowhere and began trouble.

This isnt just inspiriation. This is characterization of a mythological being in the story.
well, i sort of agree with u and sort of dont, i already stated my disagreement. My agreement would be that the 4th sealed kyuubi in a newborn baby so that kyuubi's soul would be trapped for a long time. And maybe kyuubi has to stay in the other dimension for xxx amount of years. So this would basically buy the villagers time.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:35   Link #36
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
That's nice and all but we ARE talking about a Naruto point of view here. So unless Japanese myths say anything about Kimmoh-kyubi Hakumen-no-Akko getting sealed in a kid I suggest we keep it simple.

Your question was clearly WHY does the nine-tail help Naruto even though he will not die.
Facts are against you since the kyuubi wants to keep living inside Naruto otherwise he would't help him.
You argue from your point of view that the Kyuubi is a immortal being, while the storyline proints more or less in the other direction..
Basically that means the discussion is futile unless we agree on the same basics.

yare yare..
Actually its the other way round. You are takign your opinion and making in fact.

Show me where the anime/manga has said "If naruto dies. Kyubi will die."

That is simply your interpretation of the evidence. Opinion does not = fact.
__________________
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:39   Link #37
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Actually its the other way round. You are takign your opinion and making in fact.

Show me where the anime/manga has said "If naruto dies. Kyubi will die."

That is simply your interpretation of the evidence. Opinion does not = fact.
What you say is true...ill rephrase.

hence the storylines more or less states that the kyuubi IS mortal (by means of all the incidents) it is more likely that im right.

But yes..up until now it's not a fact.
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:44   Link #38
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
well, i sort of agree with u and sort of dont, i already stated my disagreement. My agreement would be that the 4th sealed kyuubi in a newborn baby so that kyuubi's soul would be trapped for a long time. And maybe kyuubi has to stay in the other dimension for xxx amount of years. So this would basically buy the villagers time.

Exactly what my arguement is. Yondaime sealed Kyubi in naruto because he knows he cannot kill an immortal demon. Kyubi plagues the earth every xxx years , causes hell and death, and then dissapears when the world is in chaos.

Yondaime knowing Kyubi cannot die, sealed kyubi in naruto with a specail seal that allows Naruto to tap into Kyubi's chakra at will. Kyubi is completely powerless because of the nature of the seal. He cannot refuse naruto chakra once Naruto learns how to sap that chakra.
Yondaime sacrfiiced his life to seal up Kyubi. He saved Konoha from it. Now when naruto dies, Kyubi which has no body anymore will just return to its alternate dimension and wait its usual centuries of time before returning for its scheduled destructive fun

Kyubi is pure evil. Perhaps it is just buying time. It only gets to plague mankind after long long time. Maybe Kyubi is keepin naruto alive just because he is hoping something in will come along that will set him free (.. akatsuki for example) , instead of the fate that awaits him of getting banished back to his world without a chance to cause chaos.
__________________
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:45   Link #39
Daru
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Send a message via AIM to Daru
Kyubi is a Yoma and ancient immortal demon that cannot die. His
power is infinate. I think that Kyubi doesnt even care about Naruto,
but he would protect his container when ever possible. When Naruto
went to personally visit him, Kyubi mentioned that he would eat him
if the gate would only open.

As for Naruto becoming Kyubified and taking the characteristics of a
fox, my opinion is that kyubis power come out in two ways, either
through emotional stress, or when you ask it to. I believe that it
is also stated some where in the manga. I'll have to do some research
on it. But when naruto asks kyubi for power, he has more control over
his own actions, but when hes over taken by kyubis power through
emotions, its more or less kyubi trying to break out of the seal, but
he cant.

For Nubixkubes post, the reason why the 4th sealed Kyubi into Naruto
is because he wanted to leave a Hero for konoha. He wanted Naruto to
become the Hero to the people of Konoha and protect them with this
infinite power of Kyubi. But i didnt turn out that way.

As for what happens to kyubi when Naruto dies, well.....gezz i dont
know. My guess is that if Naruto dies, hes stuck inside of Naruto for
ever. When Tsunade was trying to heal him and the showed Kyubi asking
himself why it was getting dark, i think he was just going to end up
in his locked cage, in the dark forever. Now we can get technical and
ask what happens when Narutos body decomposes or whatever, but i dont
know. For all i know the sealing jutsu might have kyubi trapped in the
Reapers stomach, but i dont thinks there alternate dimensions cause
Kyubis is not a summoning hes an actual demon.
Daru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 12:47   Link #40
SajberToent
Borked
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In my daydreams
Age: 27
Okay, I'll let you ppl draw your own conclusions..

But FACTS are:

1. Kyuibi lends Naruto it's powers
2. Noone has ever expressed worry about Naruto dying and setting Kyubi free
3. Naruto is NOT japaneese mythology
4. Kyubi was worried when Naruto was dying and asked "why is it getting so dark?"

From theese FACTS I'd draw the conclusion that kyubi will indeed die [or be trapped in eternity] if Naruto dies (if kyubi is still sealed within him) although we do not know that for a fact.

But some might draw a different conclusion...
__________________
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.