AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2004-08-24, 21:45   Link #1
luckme10
Just call me G

Location: California, bay area or is it San Diego... not sure
Send a message via AIM to luckme10
Azumanga Recycle

Anyone hear much about this? Azumanga Recycle

"If you're a fan of Azumanga Daioh, and also a fan of Tenchi, Pretty Sammy, or Battle Athletes Daiundokai (known in the U.S. as either Battle Athletes or Battle Athletes Victory), then Azumanga Risaikuru by Kiyohiko Azuma might be just the manga for you. (Or maybe not, since I haven't read it yet.) It's a collection of short humor strips ranging in length from four panels to fifteen pages, but mostly two to five pages, featuring the series mentioned above. The strips seem to have been produced mainly to accompany laserdiscs, games, and such. Azuma's art here is in the style of the respective series, rather than of Azumanga Daioh, but the humor in at least some of the strips does seem to be somewhat Azumanga Daioh-ish. And there's really not much more I can say about it until I read it. But I do want to mention the "original" character Azuma created for these strips, Oyaji Ryo-oh-ki. (If you don't know what an oyaji is, read Short Cuts vol. 1, particularly the translator's notes for Cut-46).

One unusual thing about this book is that some of the strips read from left to right, rather than from right to left as do all the other Japanese-language manga I've seen." http://completelyfutile.blogspot.com...e_archive.html

You can find some translated preview here: http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/.../azumanga.html
luckme10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 23:33   Link #2
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I actually have this one. It's not bad... some of the strips were pretty funny.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote