AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-19, 23:24   Link #61
capture
Saber's Husband XD
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Um...can I double post here?

Anyway, finally got time to make myself a new sig, and it just happens to be from DRRR!!



Is it just me or does 48.8 kb doesn't work anymore for imageshack? I uploaded several sigs with 48.5 or 48.6 kb and imageshack would load more memory on and I end up with over 50 kb?
lol I always experienced that problem too....

I'm optimizing the quality of my sig in Imageready to 49kb then after uploading to shack it always ended in 50-51kb >_< that's why I ended up to 47-48 kb before uploading it..

oh btw that's a nice sig... DRRR is kinda popular nowadays..
__________________
capture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 05:23   Link #62
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Is it just me or does 48.8 kb doesn't work anymore for imageshack? I uploaded several sigs with 48.5 or 48.6 kb and imageshack would load more memory on and I end up with over 50 kb?
That's what photobucket has been doing for a while now. It would be a pain if ImageShack is already copying this. >_<
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 10:40   Link #63
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Um...can I double post here?

Anyway, finally got time to make myself a new sig, and it just happens to be from DRRR!!



Is it just me or does 48.8 kb doesn't work anymore for imageshack? I uploaded several sigs with 48.5 or 48.6 kb and imageshack would load more memory on and I end up with over 50 kb?
You get yourself a Drrr sig right after I change mine!! Nice though, gotta love Shizzy <3

pssst try tinypic.com, thats what I use
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 23:12   Link #64
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by capture View Post
I'm optimizing the quality of my sig in Imageready to 49kb then after uploading to shack it always ended in 50-51kb >_< that's why I ended up to 47-48 kb before uploading it..

oh btw that's a nice sig... DRRR is kinda popular nowadays..
Well, 48.8 kb as a cut-off used to work just fine for Imageshack but recently I find that more memory are being added. I think Imageshack may have changed their policy or something and tagging on more to the file.

Thanks. Yeah, I've been seeing lots of DRRR!! sigs around AS now. But I caught onto DRRR when I saw these two hot guys... - I have yet to watch the series itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
That's what photobucket has been doing for a while now. It would be a pain if ImageShack is already copying this. >_<
I think Imageshack has just started to do the same. I noticed sigs I previously uploaded with sizes under 50 kb, have now become more than 50 kb. I don't know why Imageshack is doing this now. T_T I'm going to have to switch to another site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
You get yourself a Drrr sig right after I change mine!! Nice though, gotta love Shizzy <3

pssst try tinypic.com, thats what I use
Oh so your sig is from DRRR too? LOL. I so need (want) to watch this series soon. I may just take next weekend off and do that. I feel so deprived of anime right now.

I saw Tinypic while browsing but I wasn't too sure how trustworthy that site is. Good to know that you recommend it. Will try.

Guess what? Another DRRR sig! It's Izaya this time.



Been playing around with making abstract backgrounds and ended up making two DRRR sigs. Haha.
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 09:04   Link #65
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 53
It's weird. Everyone says Photobucket always makes their sigs bigger. But for me, that's not true. Sometimes Photobucket makes them bigger. Sometimes the size doesn't change. And sometimes (like last month's SOTM entry) the size is actually smaller. I don't understand if I'm the exception to the common convention that Photobucket makes everything bigger or if maybe the common convention is wrong.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 09:46   Link #66
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

Oh so your sig is from DRRR too? LOL. I so need (want) to watch this series soon. I may just take next weekend off and do that. I feel so deprived of anime right now.
My current sig, no, its from FMA:B but literally I just changed it the other day. If you look in the SOTM Mar thread youll see the render I had since I used the same one for my entry. Also it might be in my Sig thread as well.

Quote:
I saw Tinypic while browsing but I wasn't too sure how trustworthy that site is. Good to know that you recommend it. Will try.
Its good and bad, I mean its nice that you get a lot of space to upload but I dont like it that you can save the file names to what you want like in PB but you take the good with the meh. Overall I like it and havent had any bandwith probs like I do with PB.

Quote:
Guess what? Another DRRR sig! It's Izaya this time.


O____O *insert wild fangirling*

btw love your icon, I cant wait for the anime to start!
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 01:50   Link #67
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
My current sig, no, its from FMA:B but literally I just changed it the other day. If you look in the SOTM Mar thread youll see the render I had since I used the same one for my entry. Also it might be in my Sig thread as well.
Oh you mean the Shinra sig you had? Yeah, I remember that one.

Quote:
btw love your icon, I cant wait for the anime to start!
Thanks (although I just changed my icon ). I can't wait either!!

First time making an icon and sig set. I'm just wildly trying crazy things.





This was my previous icon

__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 02:07   Link #68
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
PreSage, I would suggest to remouve the feather at the left as it look like it was cut.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 21:15   Link #69
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
PreSage, I would suggest to remouve the feather at the left as it look like it was cut.
Okay. Thanks.

version 2 of Raven icon with that feather removed:

__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 12:08   Link #70
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

First time making an icon and sig set. I'm just wildly trying crazy things.



....Youre making me want to change to a Break icon/sig set now...

Icon looks good now that you removed the feather.
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 10:49   Link #71
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Some animated gifs I made using the PV of Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru. Free to take. Planning on later making some Kuroshitsuji 2 gifs, too.

1. 2. 3. 4.
5. 6. 7. 8.
9. 10. 11. 12.
13. 14. 15. 16. 17.

All icons are AS safe.
Numbers: 2, 5, 7, 11, 13, 16 are over 50 kb but under 100 kb; all other icons are under 50 kb.

Also changed my first-post banner, so check it out.
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 20:07   Link #72
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Been back into making gifs. Made three Hakuouki gifs and my current sig. Using the first gif icon as my profile pic - just totally love it.





First attempt at animating falling sakura petals. I was asked how I animated the petals: well, what I did was used a brush for a single petal. In a new transparent layer, brush on a petal at the top edge of the sig - so it looks like the petals are just about to enter the sig. Create a new transparent layer, using the same brush, paint on a petal, then move the layer to position the petal lower and at an angle to the first petal in the direction the wind blows. Repeat this with one petal on a new transparent layer and each time move the petal to a lower position. The more layers, and the closer the petals are, will give a smoother animation. For animation, show only one layer with a petal per frame - set the animation to a frame rate you want the petal to fall. Do this with different size petals and in different positions, put it all together and voila! Falling sakura. I hope that makes sense. To have the petals rotate as they fall, simply rotate the layers with each petal. You can also have more than one petal per layer - just be careful it looks like they're falling randomly.

I was too lazy to bother with slices for this sig, so I made the whole thing a gif. There are so many drool-worthy Saito renders but I so want to find a Hijikata one!!
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 20:36   Link #73
CMHerrera
Miss. Fangirl
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to CMHerrera
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Been back into making gifs. Made three Hakuouki gifs and my current sig. Using the first gif icon as my profile pic - just totally love it.



ooo~ love the siggy they look great <3
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMHerrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 21:10   Link #74
Haladflire65
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Normandy SR-2
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Been back into making gifs. Made three Hakuouki gifs and my current sig. Using the first gif icon as my profile pic - just totally love it.




Great work with Hiji and Saito The sig looks very good!
__________________
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 13:10   Link #75
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

First attempt at animating falling sakura petals. I was asked how I animated the petals: well, what I did was used a brush for a single petal. In a new transparent layer, brush on a petal at the top edge of the sig - so it looks like the petals are just about to enter the sig. Create a new transparent layer, using the same brush, paint on a petal, then move the layer to position the petal lower and at an angle to the first petal in the direction the wind blows. Repeat this with one petal on a new transparent layer and each time move the petal to a lower position. The more layers, and the closer the petals are, will give a smoother animation. For animation, show only one layer with a petal per frame - set the animation to a frame rate you want the petal to fall. Do this with different size petals and in different positions, put it all together and voila! Falling sakura. I hope that makes sense. To have the petals rotate as they fall, simply rotate the layers with each petal. You can also have more than one petal per layer - just be careful it looks like they're falling randomly.
Man, the animation part Im fine with since Ive done it before but the painting of the sakura just...I dont think Id have the patience for that Looks very nice though. Plus Saito = win.
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 14:36   Link #76
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
first time visiting your thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I love your work with animation
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 09:13   Link #77
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
ooo~ love the siggy they look great <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Great work with Hiji and Saito The sig looks very good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
first time visiting your thread
I love your work with animation
Thanks for the kind comments!

@The Chaos: New visitor! Hiya! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Man, the animation part Im fine with since Ive done it before but the painting of the sakura just...I dont think Id have the patience for that Looks very nice though. Plus Saito = win.
LOL. Yeah, it's a bit painstaking to animate each Sakura petal. Each one had like 7 layers. That's why I stuck with only a few petals and not more.

Okay, new siggy. Hijitaka! this time. Gah! filesize was a pain to deal with - had to sacrifice quality for animation unfortunately. No boarder...forgot to add it at the beginning and it's too much work to go back and add it now (yes, I'm lazy...).


__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-05-13 at 17:49.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 23:33   Link #78
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Okay, my attempt (emphasis on attempt) at this month's SOTM. orz Text...I so hate text. T_T;




A request I made:

__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-04-23 at 01:13.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 04:52   Link #79
JRendell
Manga Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to JRendell
Not to worry Sage, I think your SOTM entry is just fine. The pop-out idea works really well, as well as the vibrancy of the pink.

Yeah, the text is a bit... The bit that bugs me is the spacing of the 'M' in relation to the 'T'.
__________________
VeritasAnimeList
MangaList
ImgurImages

Protip: Manga originals are
always better than Anime
adaptions.

-listening to-
-current desktop-


JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 15:51   Link #80
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Thanks for the kind comments!

@The Chaos: New visitor! Hiya! Thanks.



LOL. Yeah, it's a bit painstaking to animate each Sakura petal. Each one had like 7 layers. That's why I stuck with only a few petals and not more.

Okay, new siggy. Hijitaka! this time. Gah! filesize was a pain to deal with - had to sacrifice quality for animation unfortunately. No boarder...forgot to add it at the beginning and it's too much work to go back and add it now (yes, I'm lazy...).


I like your Hiji sig of course, my only issue with thats its 140x high and since youre using 2 lines of text, it currently is over the forum sig limits cut it down to 120x and youre set.
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avatars, banners, icons, signatures

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.