AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-21, 04:38   Link #821
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Aagain I don't read Bleach so I have no idea what you are talking about and am not willing to get into anything Bleach/Naruto related.

It is not the problem with fanservice - I do not have a thing about - heck I like reading Nana and Kaoru and the likes, the problem is that it completely mismatches the series.

Throwing some covers once in a while - maybe, but the author is pulling them way too many and the last one was the over-the-top (in bad sense) of it. What is too much is too much.
I didn't see anything wrong with it. 3 girls lying around in their underwear. No biggie. I've seen MUCH worse in other similar mangas.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 04:53   Link #822
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
But GE has no fanservice except for those covers, so why the cover should deceive as if there is more inside... Personally I don't like such approach at all.

And what kind of similar manga's you are talking about? Those that would not have fanservice in itself and would keep on posting fanservice only on covers?

-Sho-, the author is not he but she. It is a female mangaka.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 07:55   Link #823
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I didn't see anything wrong with it. 3 girls lying around in their underwear. No biggie. I've seen MUCH worse in other similar mangas.

Exactly, I mean there was almost an identical cover on Sankarea with the 3 girls. And I mean the author gives eye-candy on the covers to attract customers what's wrong with that? I have seen far worse. And some of the GE covers are fabulous and carry deep meanings, like I loved the one with Yuki in chains. In this day and age people like Eye-candies and flashy things, and she gives them just that, when the contents are far less ecchi than something like To-Love-Ru, if TLR can have page after page of groping and nipple shots, what's wrong with GE having a beautiful girl in provocative dresses on the covers? I dont quite see what's inappropriate
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-03-21 at 12:26.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 08:10   Link #824
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
TLR is about fanservice. Thats what purpose it had. GE is not thats what bother me.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 08:15   Link #825
Kikuchi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 26
Hey guys. Just read #28 and I see some of you are ALREADY talking talking about #29.

Are you spoiling yourselves with bits or did you actually got your hands on the chapter ?
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 08:26   Link #826
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
We are spoiling ourselves in bits. I can promise you this though, its a rage-worthy chapter
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 08:29   Link #827
Rainrir
Tin Can
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
What bothers you is that you have to criticise the manga on whatever front you can. Because you get some weird pleasure out of it.

Is the fanservice on this cover over-the-top? It depends on your level of prude-ness. Is it appropriate for the series, it depends on whether you like the series or not AND how much you think a cover should be relevent to the theme of the story. You can't force what you think on other people. A cover colour USUALLY has NOTHING nothing to do with the story, that is a fact. They are too rare for new mangas to actually try to "stick to theme".
if you read enough mangas on magazines...you should know that much.

I dunno why you want to make the author sound morally inferior because she has a fanservicey cover, with your words such a whoring out and what not. You are trying to imply she needs such tactics to get readership because of the weakness of her story. Flip it around, a fanservice cover can be a reward for fans that supported her manga thus far. You never though of it from that angle did you not? From what I see you are trying to do, this is not a criticism...this is groundless personal attacks. You are basically acting like the otakus that closed her blog down. Don't play meta-games with author intent...especially if it is someone you don't know.

Xag: You must be new. Darknemo doesn't really listen. Think of it as a chance to rack up post counts.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 08:33   Link #828
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But GE has no fanservice except for those covers, so why the cover should deceive as if there is more inside... Personally I don't like such approach at all.

And what kind of similar manga's you are talking about? Those that would not have fanservice in itself and would keep on posting fanservice only on covers?

-Sho-, the author is not he but she. It is a female mangaka.
Dude, chill out. What did I say about deception? People aren't so stupid and sensitive (at least not about this) as you might think. And covers that don't match the story don't take away from a series at all, which is why I mentioned the most popular shonen examples. I personally see the covers as a pre-chapter treat for us loyal readers. Ok now I'm just repeating myself, so I doubt you actually read what I said.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 09:26   Link #829
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
What bothers you is that you have to criticise the manga on whatever front you can. Because you get some weird pleasure out of it.

Is the fanservice on this cover over-the-top? It depends on your level of prude-ness. Is it appropriate for the series, it depends on whether you like the series or not AND how much you think a cover should be relevent to the theme of the story. You can't force what you think on other people. A cover colour USUALLY has NOTHING nothing to do with the story, that is a fact. They are too rare for new mangas to actually try to "stick to theme".
if you read enough mangas on magazines...you should know that much.

I dunno why you want to make the author sound morally inferior because she has a fanservicey cover, with your words such a whoring out and what not. You are trying to imply she needs such tactics to get readership because of the weakness of her story. Flip it around, a fanservice cover can be a reward for fans that supported her manga thus far. You never though of it from that angle did you not? From what I see you are trying to do, this is not a criticism...this is groundless personal attacks. You are basically acting like the otakus that closed her blog down. Don't play meta-games with author intent...especially if it is someone you don't know.

Xag: You must be new. Darknemo doesn't really listen. Think of it as a chance to rack up post counts.
I haven't seen you take any criticism yourself you are always prudishly defending this manga for whatever the point there is.

So if you say I am just on personal attacks towards it, you are on your own personal crusade of your own. You just cannot take any criticism and when people are jabbing this manga in a non-serious manner you start spouting about oh how ridiculous that is, without even bothering to look at things.

So yeah while I have negative basis on this manga, how about you yourself have a look at the mirror from time to time because you seem to have some issues as well here. You seem like an otaku to me as well. But you know one of those rabid fanboys who cannot take any form of criticism.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 09:33   Link #830
Rainrir
Tin Can
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Well. I sorta exist as a reaction to your pathological hate, I can't take it lying down when you are spewing nonsense theories and alluding to personal attacks on the author. You ever realise that you are the only one I had to respond to? I usually dissppear from a thread for days them show up and almost everytime I have to address you somehow.

It is not like I enjoy listening to your repeated points. If you repeat points then I have to repeat my response....it is a vicious cycle. n0contr0l and everyone have viewpoints that differ from my own. Some don't like Shou, others dislike Utsumi (I support everyone, on the record, except the monsters). I don't fight in every battle...because they don't try to reach out and spew poison. They state opinions, and that's about it. They don't force people to accept their view points. I also merely state my points and explain why I think things are the way they are. I never forced them to accept by view of things.

You on the other hand, attacks the manga like you are trying to get people to stop reading it. I cannot stand for that, people like you suck out enjoyment from reading a manga!

I am not quite an otaku. I don't have figurines and all that other BS that people "collect". Nor do I fixate on non-existant characters and lust after them. I am knowledgable about several aspects of the animanga fandom because I grew up with them being close to me. Not because I visit Japan repeatedly just to visit Akihabara. I merely read manga and play games. That is about it!
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 09:41   Link #831
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Your pathological love for this manga when you keep responding to my opinion keeps me responding to it.

Leave it as it is, thats the best way to fight the opinion but when you start to prove it to be wrong based only on your own pathological love then you cannot expect a good result at all.

I am not saying - hey everyone - stop reading. I never did that. Thats where you pathological love shows here. You see my personal grumping against this manga s some sort of attempts to try everyone hate it.

It's not my intent. But I like everyone like to state my opinion but because my opinion is rather negative many find it too difficult to let it pass and start attacking my opinion to which I respond attacking them back.

And neither I collect any of that stuff as well but you seem to be very keen on calling me otaku, so why cannot I? Because for your info otakus can be idiotic not only hating but with rabid love for it as well.

And if you define otaku as someone who only collects all that stuff then how do you know that it is 'otaku's who attacked the mangaka. You cannot be sure that they have been collecting the figurines as well.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 09:47   Link #832
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Honestly, does this cover issue really matter?

It's just the cover, and like many shonen romance chapter covers, they're just there for fanservice. Besides, the author was given an opportunity to have colour on it, so it'd make sense for it to go for something strong.

But in the end of it, it's still just a cover page.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 09:49   Link #833
Rainrir
Tin Can
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Where did I call you an otaku? Unless you are alluding to the old NTR debate....where I said you defination refers to the general otaku defination. The defination...not you.

If you intent isn't to fill the discussion with negativity, then maybe you should look over your choice of words when you are criticising the manga. You sure give alot of other people the idea that you are out to maintain and impose your low opinion of this manga. Especially when you react to something really minor...LIKE COVERS. Being a critic is one thing, being reactionary...being someone that grabs on to anything in order to attack is another thing altogether. I am sure I am not the only guy that feels your dislike reached knee-jerk levels. And I react to your knee-jerk response, which is why I seem to pathological like the manga

Anyway. I suppose the only way to win is to disengage with you. You win. Ok?
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 09:49   Link #834
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Nightengale, well it depends on your view. My view is that cover should reflect its content more or less and since GE has no fan-service in it I don't think it is a good thing to show stuff that you will never see in this manga once you go past the cover.

Rainrir, it is not the matter or winning or loosing. But you just seem to want to attack my negative opinion regarding this manga. Yet when the best argument you come up with is your own personal opinion which is based on your own love for this manga, it is natural that there cannot be no winning or loosing because we are just smashing to opinions against another - one of biased negative, another of biased positive.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:08   Link #835
Rainrir
Tin Can
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I argued from my interpetation of the actual events that happen IN the manga, I interepeted why the characters did what they did, and ask for fellow forumites to consider my points logically. If they do not stand up to reason, then people can probabaly find huge loopsholes in my arguement.

I am not arguing from my love of the manga. You are mixing things up. No mangaka wants her main characters to be HATED. I am there to show how and why things happen the way they did from my interpetation of what these characters think, using that as a basis. Because there are alot of people who just react hastily with 2 second decisions.

That is unlike you. Who can even find fault with a cover that has no bearing to storyline...and then extrapolate it to the author having no talent/no confidence in her storuline and relies on sex to sell her manga. If she wants to do that, I am sure she could have already. Her ability to draw already ensures that if she wants to be a fanservice manga, it can and will be a pretty popular one. From what I read, many people are drawn to the manga in the first place because of her appealing art style. However, she didn't go that path for a reason.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:08   Link #836
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Nightengale, well it depends on your view. My view is that cover should reflect its content more or less and since GE has no fan-service in it I don't think it is a good thing to show stuff that you will never see in this manga once you go past the cover.

Rainrir, it is not the matter or winning or loosing. But you just seem to want to attack my negative opinion regarding this manga. Yet when the best argument you come up with is your own personal opinion which is based on your own love for this manga, it is natural that there cannot be no winning or loosing because we are just smashing to opinions against another - one of biased negative, another of biased positive.
Opinions? You always indoctrinate others with your comments, you don't even consider your statements to be at a disadvantage, so please don't even start to act like you've been thinking your statements were based on opinion.
You're like a troll in disguise, the more we fuel you the more you feel complexed to disagree no matter if that's your real opinion, this is actually fun for you the only fun you have with this series right now.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:10   Link #837
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
She could but she didn't - too bad for her then. It would have been more successful but she choose her way, then why she should be giving those cheap shots now. Juts keep going the path you chose and try to make it successful for what it is not for what it pretends to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
You're like a troll in disguise, the more we fuel you the more you feel complexed to disagree no matter if that's your real opinion, this is actually fun for you the only fun you have with this series right now.
And now you know what is my real opinion. Wow, so incredible a true mind reader we have here. Sadly what I state is my real opinion. And I naturally view my opinion to be correct. Why otherwise would I state it?
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:19   Link #838
Rainrir
Tin Can
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
She does it because she thinks she has an interesting story to tell. An old Japanese friend of mine, who is a long time manga reader, said that he cannot believe the editors allowed her to drop a 1-2 punch of Yuki's past and Shou's "betrayal" so darn early into serialisation. The possible backlash can be seen 10000 miles away, especially considering the state of affairs with the rabid otakus out there today. But she did it anyway...and the editors greenlighted it too.

Fanservice covers are a staple in ALL romance mangas. Name ONE seinen/shounen romance manga with no fanservice, romance and fanservice goes hand in hand. This is because you are in an environment where there are many, many girls and the target audience is male. Colour Covers DON'T ALWAYS have to do with what is currently happening in the manga, especially for new series. Get that internalised.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:21   Link #839
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yes, but usually those manga have fanservice in content, and in GE if there was something in beginning is completely extinct. And yes I know that fanservice goes hand in hand with romance but they do so in content and this manga does it only in covers.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:28   Link #840
SageGaiGar
You are Next
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE USA
Cover's supposed to grab attention. What's wrong with that?
__________________
sig courtesy of Haak and Natsuki Hyuga
Friends don't let friends CB
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.