AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-21, 10:31   Link #841
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
SageGaiGar, but if this attention grabber does not match the content... I don't think it is a good thing.

So why not put on hentai covers then? It certainly would grab more attention and porn is always most popular material even in drawn form.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:35   Link #842
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Nightengale, well it depends on your view. My view is that cover should reflect its content more or less and since GE has no fan-service in it I don't think it is a good thing to show stuff that you will never see in this manga once you go past the cover.

Rainrir, it is not the matter or winning or loosing. But you just seem to want to attack my negative opinion regarding this manga. Yet when the best argument you come up with is your own personal opinion which is based on your own love for this manga, it is natural that there cannot be no winning or loosing because we are just smashing to opinions against another - one of biased negative, another of biased positive.
Actually, the manga DOES have fan service. It's not TLR or Ichigo 100% type "protagonist buries his face into the girl's crotch" fan service, but it's there. Without even looking, I can pick out several instances off the top of my head:

Eri attacking Utsumi and her bra/boobs being exposed.

Touno sneaking a peek at Eri's panties (only to get knee in the face, giving us another shot)

Utsumi catching a glimpse of Shou's panties as she almost falls over on the tennis court

Shou in the bath

Eri and Yuki walking into the public bath during the study chapter

There's probably several more, but I'd have to go back and look.

Personally, I've understood most of your negativity about the manga. It's your opinion and Hell, I've had issues with it myself, even if I don't agree with all of what you don't like. But when it comes to something like this, it sounds more like your complaining just for the sake of complaining.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:39   Link #843
babohtea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
OH MY GOD. WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

Stop this flaming. If somebody dislikes fanservice, they're allowed to say it. If they think the author is bad because of it, and as a result they drop a perfectly good manga, then that's their loss. If they continually bash the story over and over again only to be annoying, then you would have ground to yell at him. Even if he's wrong, be the bigger man and give him a way out. Does he have to submit a youtube video of him admitting all of his wrongs in tears until you're happy?

He's not trying to be annoying. This entire thing could have been avoided if you guys said something like this:
Quote:
Okay, I see what you mean; the fan service could be too much for some readers. However, it doesn't bug me that much (or at all), so it's not going to push me away from reading this great manga. So, let's go back to talking about the actual events.
So, let's go back to talking about the actual events. Can somebody spoil ch 29 for me?
__________________
Favorites:
ToraDora!
Full Metal Alchemist
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:43   Link #844
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Actually, the manga DOES have fan service. It's not TLR or Ichigo 100% type "protagonist buries his face into the girl's crotch" fan service, but it's there. Without even looking, I can pick out several instances off the top of my head:

Eri attacking Utsumi and her bra/boobs being exposed.

Touno sneaking a peek at Eri's panties (only to get knee in the face, giving us another shot)

Utsumi catching a glimpse of Shou's panties as she almost falls over on the tennis court

Shou in the bath

Eri and Yuki walking into the public bath during the study chapter

There's probably several more, but I'd have to go back and look.

Personally, I've understood most of your negativity about the manga. It's your opinion and Hell, I've had issues with it myself, even if I don't agree with all of what you don't like. But when it comes to something like this, it sounds more like your complaining just for the sake of complaining.
Which was the latest chapter we got the fanservice from content? I think it was the study chapter and it certainly wasn't shown in an explicit manner.

Compared to all other romance manga's the fanservice here is pretty much non-existent.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:44   Link #845
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
OH MY GOD. WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

Stop this flaming. If somebody dislikes fanservice, they're allowed to say it. If they think the author is bad because of it, and as a result they drop a perfectly good manga, then that's their loss. If they continually bash the story over and over again only to be annoying, then you would have ground to yell at him. Even if he's wrong, be the bigger man and give him a way out. Does he have to submit a youtube video of him admitting all of his wrongs in tears until you're happy?

He's not trying to be annoying. This entire thing could have been avoided if you guys said something like this:


So, let's go back to talking about the actual events. Can somebody spoil ch 29 for me?
Let me just say you don't have the whole picture, believe me.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:44   Link #846
Rainrir
Tin Can
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
babo...the thing we are arguing over here is that Darknemo has been constantly complain for the sake of complaining. We have been around with him since...early in the start of the manga. It is sometimes really grating. But I suppose you are right. The spoilers are posted some pages back.

In any case, let's just drop this.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:46   Link #847
coren
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
Fanservice covers are a staple in ALL romance mangas. Name ONE seinen/shounen romance manga with no fanservice, romance and fanservice goes hand in hand. This is because you are in an environment where there are many, many girls and the target audience is male. Colour Covers DON'T ALWAYS have to do with what is currently happening in the manga, especially for new series. Get that internalised.
I don't read much shounen or seinen romance, but of those I have I don't remember much fanservice in Love Roma, Chocolat, Matsuri Special, Ice Revolution, Tamago no Kimi or Yandere Kanojo.
coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:46   Link #848
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Which was the latest chapter we got the fanservice from content? I think it was the study chapter and it certainly wasn't shown in an explicit manner.

Compared to all other romance manga's the fanservice here is pretty much non-existent.

The covers aren't explicit either. I don't call women laying around in their underwear/bikinis really hardcore. It's no different than someone taking gravure shots.

As for fan service since then-- how about Utsumi walking in on Risa while she was changing? I personally really liked that scene. :P

@babahtea:

For 29, there isn't much out yet. Just small snippets:

Spoiler:
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:47   Link #849
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
So, let's go back to talking about the actual events. Can somebody spoil ch 29 for me?
Spoiler for sp 29:


KLGChaos, yeah completely forgot about that one maybe because through the whole angst and because it lack of facus and just blitzed through us.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:50   Link #850
babohtea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I looked over the earlier spoilers and...

Spoiler for ch29:
__________________
Favorites:
ToraDora!
Full Metal Alchemist
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:52   Link #851
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I looked over the earlier spoilers and...

Spoiler for ch29:
Spoiler for well:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 10:59   Link #852
Rainrir
Tin Can
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by coren View Post
I don't read much shounen or seinen romance, but of those I have I don't remember much fanservice in Love Roma, Chocolat, Matsuri Special, Ice Revolution, Tamago no Kimi or Yandere Kanojo.
Never heard of the 1st two. Matsuri Special is a comedy-manga with light romance elements, like Angel Densetsu and Tenshi na Konamaiki. Ice Revolution is about that karate (?) or aikido (?) girl wanting to be a skater girl right? You sure there are NO fanservice at all? Tamago no Kimi is shoujo and Yandere Kanojo is a FLAT OUT GAG MANGA.

Edit: Maybe I am a little hasty to generalise here. But most shounen/seinen mangas have fanservice in it. I think looking at the art style of the first two...I do not believe it can pull fanservice off in any case...
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 11:11   Link #853
babohtea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Spoiler for well:
Spoiler for ch29:
__________________
Favorites:
ToraDora!
Full Metal Alchemist
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 11:43   Link #854
coren
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
Edit: Maybe I am a little hasty to generalise here. But most shounen/seinen mangas have fanservice in it. I think looking at the art style of the first two...I do not believe it can pull fanservice off in any case...
LOL, well Love Roma can inspire all those who have a complete lack of artistic talent but still want to become mangaka.
coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 18:33   Link #855
Pentacle
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Am I the only one who's enjoyed how Utsumi's character has grown and developed throughout the relatively short series?

First he was unable to talk to Shou and is content with watching her from afar. Then with Yuki's help and guidance, he slowly becomes able to talk to Shou, get his heart broken and move on. He's also been able to give Eri advice about her first love/crush, talk to Oonuma about her past, give her some confidence about herself and get her to return the ticket Yuki gave her and confess his feelings for Yuki in front of a crowd of strangers.

Utsumi has slowly become stronger and more assertive throughout the series although he still suffers from adolescent insecurity and self-doubt.

I know a lot of people dislike some aspects of the manga but I've enjoyed the slow but steady progression in the character's development and relationships. It's much more satisfying than other romance manga (like Pastel or Ahh Megami-sama) that have little to no conflict or character development.
Pentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 00:18   Link #856
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacle View Post
I know a lot of people dislike some aspects of the manga but I've enjoyed the slow but steady progression in the character's development and relationships. It's much more satisfying than other romance manga (like Pastel or Ahh Megami-sama) that have little to no conflict or character development.
I don't know about Ahh Megami-sama but Utsumi makes Mugi look like George Clooney by comparison. And up until the main couple got together there was plenty of conflict in Pastel.

Utsumi is like the Shinji Ikari of romance mangas, he makes me wanna break something.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 02:31   Link #857
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacle View Post
Am I the only one who's enjoyed how Utsumi's character has grown and developed throughout the relatively short series?

First he was unable to talk to Shou and is content with watching her from afar. Then with Yuki's help and guidance, he slowly becomes able to talk to Shou, get his heart broken and move on. He's also been able to give Eri advice about her first love/crush, talk to Oonuma about her past, give her some confidence about herself and get her to return the ticket Yuki gave her and confess his feelings for Yuki in front of a crowd of strangers.

Utsumi has slowly become stronger and more assertive throughout the series although he still suffers from adolescent insecurity and self-doubt.

I know a lot of people dislike some aspects of the manga but I've enjoyed the slow but steady progression in the character's development and relationships. It's much more satisfying than other romance manga (like Pastel or Ahh Megami-sama) that have little to no conflict or character development.
Utsu shows some great development... But he tends to reverse all development as well, going back to stalking idiot for example...

Maybe if his development would be more solid he would be good, but for my taste he seems to revert to his old self from time to time to talk about more solid development of his.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 13:41   Link #858
Eleutheria
旅行癖
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Well, 28 and 29 were slightly painful but a bit predictable; it was pretty clear Shou's senpai was using her as a rebound :x
__________________
ロースクールに入ったから、アニメはもはやこれまでかな
日本語のレベルも段々退歩してるし~
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 13:49   Link #859
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Well, 28 and 29 were slightly painful but a bit predictable; it was pretty clear Shou's senpai was using her as a rebound :x
He pretty much told her that when they first got together, "my girlfriend dumped me so I'm calling you now". She had to have seen it coming.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 15:01   Link #860
SageGaiGar
You are Next
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Utsu shows some great development... But he tends to reverse all development as well, going back to stalking idiot for example...

Maybe if his development would be more solid he would be good, but for my taste he seems to revert to his old self from time to time to talk about more solid development of his.
Reverse development seems more like the classic "I need to make my character act this way for this scene" style. Kind of like Yuki turning 'idiotic' earlier.

Sometimes it makes sense, but more often than not it seems more like the author taking liberties with their own work.
__________________
sig courtesy of Haak and Natsuki Hyuga
Friends don't let friends CB
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.