AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-23, 01:12   Link #381
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
We are on a roll Ryus. We ought to find as many Monty Python quotes as possible someday and see how we can apply them to Claymore. I'm sure we'd find several hilarious connections, certainly more than the two we just mentioned!
I so agree!

(check out my edit)
Old 2010-03-23, 12:23   Link #382
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
The length of the sword is just too ridiculous. I don't know if we ever had an accurate length, but I think Revan posted two numbers before and they are both basically over 5 feet....that's insane, how on earth could you sheath that thing?

And if the sword is so indestructible and sharp, how do they sheath it to begin with without cutting their straps by accident when they pull it out?
The sheeting is indeed a problem. Perhaps normal claymore uniforms have some sliding mechanism like in the swords discussion thread described. But how do the ghost sheet them without the claymore uniform and how the hell does clare perform the windcutter with it?
Old 2010-03-23, 13:27   Link #383
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

I'll try also to trigger at least one reply (I'm not counting you Ryus since you've already replied to that).
Youma without half of his head could still talk (chapter 2). I wonder if Deneve could do that. Heck, maybe Teresa would be alive if Priscilla didn't severe her head from neck but chipped only a piece of her brain.

Old 2010-03-23, 13:50   Link #384
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I think we've hit the point where the MST3K mantra comes into play.

I plan to have a little fun, and put up a funny joke spoiler on april 1st. Don't worry, it'll be well labeled as such.
Old 2010-03-23, 17:03   Link #385
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I'll try also to trigger at least one reply (I'm not counting you Ryus since you've already replied to that).
Youma without half of his head could still talk (chapter 2). I wonder if Deneve could do that. Heck, maybe Teresa would be alive if Priscilla didn't severe her head from neck but chipped only a piece of her brain.

Personally I do not think a claymore could take that type of damage. I would also argue that it is lethal for ABs depending on body type, (Riful vs Alicia, or decentralized body vs solid form). Going from claymore to AB just seems like a wild card in terms of biological goodies (Isley's telekinetic arrows, Luciela's multiple jaws, and Rifuls spaghetti body). For example the group of ABs from Pieta that Riful head-shot with sleek tentacles. Potentially, yoki serves as a rule breaker as in having enough yoki can allow a user to be more and more creative, complex, or flexible with what they can do.

Yoma despite their powers, appear to be somewhat simple organism. By that I mean flesh that can meld with humans (without rejection) and a nervous system/organs that are not as significant. I think the ability to shapeshift shows just how ill defined their biological organization can be.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:15   Link #386
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Yoma despite their powers, appear to be somewhat simple organism. By that I mean flesh that can meld with humans (without rejection) and a nervous system/organs that are not as significant. I think the ability to shapeshift shows just how ill defined their biological organization can be.
Nice argument!

Spoiler for Off topic:
Old 2010-03-23, 18:31   Link #387
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I think yoki gives the possibility to materialize something. Like dauf's rods.
I am wondering if we finally will get to see a being consisting of pure yoki.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:40   Link #388
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I think yoki gives the possibility to materialize something. Like dauf's rods.
I am wondering if we finally will get to see a being consisting of pure yoki.
An Ascended Being?!?!
Old 2010-03-23, 18:42   Link #389
MisterJB
Warden of the West

I think Agatha's face is needed here.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:47   Link #390
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
I think Agatha's face is needed here.
Indeed!

SAY WHA?!?!

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-03-23 at 18:57.
Old 2010-03-23, 19:06   Link #391
Nixl

Oh my. The potential iconic face the animesuki claymore forums.
Old 2010-03-23, 19:29   Link #392
Ulquihorror

What about the piece of clothing held by Dietrich in the end of the chapter? Could it be that she is leading a pack of AEs?
Old 2010-03-23, 20:30   Link #393
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
What about the piece of clothing held by Dietrich in the end of the chapter? Could it be that she is leading a pack of AEs?
Possibly. Might even be a scrap of Riful's dress. Course, I have to wonder what would happen if the AE's got infested by the Catgirls rods.
Old 2010-03-23, 20:30   Link #394
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post

Would you believe this is the first time I actually noticed that?

At any rate, it wouldn't make sense at all if she was leading AE's. The AE's are monsters created to kill a single enemy - they wouldn't help at all fighting numerous enemies, and if she were indeed holding a scent within the scrap of clothing...they would attack her .

And besides, their is no way she can get away with leading a pack of AE's - she is disobeying the Organization by helping the Ghosts, which means she is doing this in secret. I can't believe she can get away with leading a pack of AE's without them knowing.
Old 2010-03-23, 21:19   Link #395
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

Would you believe this is the first time I actually noticed that?

At any rate, it wouldn't make sense at all if she was leading AE's. The AE's are monsters created to kill a single enemy - they wouldn't help at all fighting numerous enemies, and if she were indeed holding a scent within the scrap of clothing...they would attack her .

And besides, their is no way she can get away with leading a pack of AE's - she is disobeying the Organization by helping the Ghosts, which means she is doing this in secret. I can't believe she can get away with leading a pack of AE's without them knowing.
I don't know Shiek... I'm kinda liking the idea. Sure they follow scent and they might bite off her hand but she knows Cynthia is a healer and that she was out west. It's a genius idea however I don't know if Dietrich knows about the infecting rod the hellcats shoot out. This plan could really backfire , though I'd love to see infected Abyssal Feeders (aka Abyss Eaters) in a battle vs Priscilla. It be about who could regenerate the fastest and dodge the head shots. I wounder if they'd be driven by the desire for flesh or destruction (or what not) after the two mix?

I'm not sure the org would mind Dietrich creating infected AFs... I'm sure they'd love to see the weapons they'd turn out to be. I guess at that point the org would be at enough of a suicidal level for Rubel to step in. Also I doubt the org had any plans for the AFs after Riful... so they shouldn't mind their loss now that they have Raki.

Sure they probably feel the need to punish Dietrich... but if they get their weapon why would they bother? Wouldn't they'd just leave for the mainland instead and start full scale production of their new weapons? Hell, they'd likely just leave her to her fate and see if she gets infected and it's results or if she eventually awakens (and then they could use her flesh to make more of these hybrid weapons).
Old 2010-03-24, 01:32   Link #396
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Nah, Dietrich is just pissed that one of the hellcats tore up her underwear, that's why she's clenching it instead of hiding it in her bust or tying it to her hand or belt. What other reason would be to occupy her other hand when the fight is about to begin?
On a serious note I doubt she's holding it for AEs to follow her. It wouldn't make much sense to me, they could follow Dee without this piece of clothing (she has her own smell after all and they could easily sniff her here and there). If they weren't programmed to attack hell-cats she would be screwed either way (what could she do with the piece of clothing? Only throw it away to some random place). On the other hand if they knew the scent of hell-cats (otherwise they wouldn't know whom to attack) what would they need this piece for?
If it was Riful's piece of clothing (and I doubt it, since it wouldn't be easy to get and finding dead Riful should be difficult unless she was observing the fight) they should sense her dead body instead of a piece of cloth. Even if she led them to hell-cats how would she make them to attack them? Yeah, I know, sudden movements and such but she would also have to escape and she would have to take a risk of AEs being possessed by hell-cats.

I don't know, maybe Miria didn't have paper and she wrote some things on this piece of cloth (with her blood and a stick of course ;P)? Seriously, I have no idea. Probably it's nothing significant.

@Nixl
Simple as simple but it still died after it's head was cut in half. They also die by cutting their torso in half or even with a simple piercing of a small area on their chest (chapter 2, pages 102-103). This one youma must have been very talkative since female youma (chapter 3, p.138) had her head cut in half just like the youma-elder did but didn't say any last words. I suspect that it was just Yagi's "mistake" (for the lack of better word) and we won't be seeing anything like that.
Anyway, interesting point.

@Ryus
You can add to Nixl's reputation later, AFAIK there is no time limit for that.

Last edited by Gooral; 2010-03-24 at 02:11.
Old 2010-03-24, 04:00   Link #397
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Nah, Dietrich is just pissed that one of the hellcats tore up her underwear, that's why she's clenching it instead of hiding it in her bust or tying it to her hand or belt. What other reason would be to occupy her other hand when the fight is about to begin?

mehehehe nice one
Old 2010-03-24, 08:24   Link #398
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
On a serious note I doubt she's holding it for AEs to follow her. It wouldn't make much sense to me, they could follow Dee without this piece of clothing (she has her own smell after all and they could easily sniff her here and there). If they weren't programmed to attack hell-cats she would be screwed either way (what could she do with the piece of clothing? Only throw it away to some random place). On the other hand if they knew the scent of hell-cats (otherwise they wouldn't know whom to attack) what would they need this piece for?
If it was Riful's piece of clothing (and I doubt it, since it wouldn't be easy to get and finding dead Riful should be difficult unless she was observing the fight) they should sense her dead body instead of a piece of cloth. Even if she led them to hell-cats how would she make them to attack them? Yeah, I know, sudden movements and such but she would also have to escape and she would have to take a risk of AEs being possessed by hell-cats.

I don't know, maybe Miria didn't have paper and she wrote some things on this piece of cloth (with her blood and a stick of course ;P)? Seriously, I have no idea. Probably it's nothing significant.

@Nixl
Simple as simple but it still died after it's head was cut in half. They also die by cutting their torso in half or even with a simple piercing of a small area on their chest (chapter 2, pages 102-103). This one youma must have been very talkative since female youma (chapter 3, p.138) had her head cut in half just like the youma-elder did but didn't say any last words. I suspect that it was just Yagi's "mistake" (for the lack of better word) and we won't be seeing anything like that.

@Ryus
You can add to Nixl's reputation later, AFAIK there is no time limit for that.
First off... that first bit was kinda funny

Second... the AFs wouldn't need to know the hellcats scent. As long as they're drawn to the area (by lets say the rag) any sudden movements and there nature compels them to attack it, as we all know hellcats attack everything in sight. So it'd be the hellcats who would make the first move and the battle that ensues would just be the result of the nature of the two beasts.

Your likely right and the scrap means nothing other then her losing a good pair of underwear, but am bored and want to speculate

Third... Your right, but hate the idea of having a backlog a rep to give... which would limit my ability to given freshly earned rep out. Just giving me a bigger and bigger backlog or forced to just not give out rep I think is earned. Oh, the quagmire... I'll figure out what to do eventually though.
Old 2010-03-24, 10:05   Link #399
Nixl

Quote:
what would they need this piece for?

@Nixl
Now that I think of it, it could be a dying Dauf that she sensed rather than Riful. I thought Priscilla left him to bleed to death or die slowly to say it another way. As much as I would like to see an AF vs Hellcat brawl, I did not think there were any left after Alicia killed the remaining few off.

Which reminds me, I still do not get that scene of where Alicia kills the AFs. Was that suppose to symbolize that she could no longer distinguish friend from foe without Beth? Oh well, they are dead.

I can agree that I doubt we will see much of it for some time. I would argue the main reason for Yoma/Abs (with the exception of Riful, maybe) surviving a head wound was for dramatic effect. For example the AB at Pieta that attempted to send other claymores over their limits before dying. However, Claire and Flower Power killed him. I guess calling it a literary edge or suspense move would fit, but I hope it does not cross the bounds of cliche.

I hope Yagi spends the same amount of effort in future deaths as he did Isley.
Old 2010-03-25, 06:50   Link #400
zato_1one

The thought about Dietrich leads AEs is kind of interesting. But even if she can do it, I doubt that she will do it. Based on her reaction in the past chapter, she almost pissed her pant when facing with AEs.