AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-02, 13:43   Link #13421
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Wow, so in reality Tsukune is perving on Moka's mom's face......Oh wait, that's just me...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 14:12   Link #13422
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
So literally now our Inner Moka is a Tsun-Tsun...later on she'll be a Dere. Cool.

R+V really brings in the some of the best MILF's in manga's. We really need to see the manga version of daddy Starbucks. If he looks like Tsukune or similar to the anime version.

These are chapters where I want ANOTHER ONE ASAP!
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 14:23   Link #13423
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I bet Daddy Starbucks looks like Tsukune
__________________
HayashiTakara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 14:26   Link #13424
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I like inner mOka more than outside one so the recent development is ok with me. Also I hope to see the ending with the inner/real Moka or at least combined personality.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 14:27   Link #13425
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
don't think of it as tainting Moka, think of it as seeing her in the future. Maybe Inner Moka chose that form to be like her mother.
Totally Agreed!

I don't see how Tsukune can see Moka being tainted just because her mom looks like her. She needed to have had sex with someone or else Moka won't exist. Babies don't come from storks
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 14:38   Link #13426
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Dammit, from what everyone's saying about this chapter, I really really wanna see the scanlation.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 22:38   Link #13427
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Hmm, for some reason, now I'm reminded of an ero-game called Mama Love were the two main female characters are Moka and Kokoa look-a-likes. And now that it's been revealed that Moka's mom looks just like her outer self, suddenly that game's premise becomes more plausible.
Spoiler for nsfw:
__________________
GrrDraxin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 23:02   Link #13428
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
funny the other girl looks like her sister XD
__________________
Kyero Fox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:19   Link #13429
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, what's the mother exactly like? I'm going to suscribe to the theory that Moka and her mother look very close because that's the appearance the more gentle vampires have a tendency to favor... or something along those lines
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 01:49   Link #13430
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Well ... I know it might be still a bit too early for that, but ...

Spoiler for Chapter 29:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:43   Link #13431
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Love story aside, the plot is now more important whenever these kind of situation comes along.

Spoiler for XD:


All the daughters of R+V are carbon copies of the mothers.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 04:46   Link #13432
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, what's the mother exactly like? I'm going to suscribe to the theory that Moka and her mother look very close because that's the appearance the more gentle vampires have a tendency to favor... or something along those lines
Well, it may just be Moka's part of the family, but to answer your question, I would wager that every time we/they see outer Moka, it's basically looking at her mother too, even in how she holds herself and personality wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well ... I know it might be still a bit too early for that, but ...
Spoiler for Chapter 29:
Rival? No. Evil, twisted villainous character who loves to torment those weaker than her, yes. That looks very much like something she'd be. Which reminds me of a certain fanfic where that was exactly the case, except her name was Ria.
__________________
GrrDraxin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 09:46   Link #13433
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: England
Age: 26
As I just put in one of the other rosario threads, I hadn't actually realised there was a manga thread, so with a few edits I'll join this one....whoops!

Originally I wasn't so keen on the second season, after reading the first few chapters, because it seemed like stuff had taken a step backwards from how things were at the end of the first 'season'. I think some poor translation probably didnt help either. OK well I've revised my opinion, after the first 5-8 or so of the second season, it does seem to get a lot better, and the storyline seems to have gone down a more mature route. Theres also more hints towards Tsukune/Moka's future together which is great because Im a sap for a love story hehe
Not to mention I like Inner and Outer Moka, so I hope for the merged personality ending, we don't know 100% (or its not been revealed in the part I'm up to) where O.Moka came from, so I tend to favour it being the side of 'true' Moka's personality that was hidden/overriden by her stronger vampiric traits, so in essence, O.Moka is I.Moka's gentle side which was usually buried away beneath the pride, and vampiric upbringing (remember the comment to Kokoa that her family values strength above all else? With an upbringing like that, it'd be easier for your 'weaker' traits to become submerged/hidden). The rosario effectively sealed off the more vampiric side of her personality, allowing the kinder side to flourish as its own personality, and thus it would make sense the two sides could blend back together, which from a few spoilers I've seen without meaning to, seems to be beginning to happen anyway, as both sides are showing more 'other' Moka style traits.
Personally I'd really like that ending, because I don't want a Harem ending, I'd like some resolution, and with deepest respect to the other characters, bar PERHAPS Mizore (if Moka was taken out of the picture), I really do feel Moka is the right person for Tsukune, both in personality and physical terms (he is a somewhat human/vampire hybrid after all now) and he's obviously far more deeply, more emotionally involved with her than any of the others, and really has been since day one. Much as the others don't want to recognise it (although Kurumu pretty much has), they know that Tsukune has all but made his choice anyway. I think for example the scene where he asked Moka to be with him forever after the Ghoul incident, the fact she was the only one he had really spoken about with his parents about on the phone (and had mentioned wanting to introduce them) or the small night-time scene at the end of the Sun-senpai arc are all clear signs of this. One of these days he'll probably actually manage to kiss her without someone else getting in the way [or being bitten because Moka is hungry]!

I mention Mizore because I think given what we know now, I think she'd be the best second choice, while she's a little strange sometimes, she obviously still cares deeply for Tsukune, she's shown surprising amounts of restraint against forcing herself on Tsukune given what we now know about the multiple time limits she's running up against that the others don't have (hell the one time she did almost, she even said this could just be for one night if it was what he wanted), and on a few occasions she's shown more compassion/empathy towards Tsukune and his feelings than Kurumu and Yukari have, which I'd say is kinda important in any sort of relationship.

I guess it really was a case during those opening sections that the mangaka was perhaps feeling thier way around where they wanted to take the story in the near future, and perhaps doing some preliminary work for anyone who hadn't read the story before so it was established that Tsukune is still relatively human and...mostly outmatched... unless he 'awakens'. Roughly up to chapter 22 now, with 28 translated out, and the 29th now out as raw so should be soon....gah its gonna be a long wait for this to finish with the monthly releases!

Spoiler for some personal thoughts:
__________________
Total Anime watched= Enough. What can I say? I'm a convert...
***
PRAY FOR SPICE AND WOLF III and faster Yenpress novel releases!
Reading: Rosario and Vampire II, Sankarea

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-03 at 10:05.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 11:04   Link #13434
Inanimate
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Ooh... nice. I found one more Mizore+Kurumu pic on Google Images (lame huh?). I don't know if it's been used yet...
Spoiler for owo Kurumu+Mizore:
Inanimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 11:24   Link #13435
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
As I just put in one of the other rosario threads, I hadn't actually realised there was a manga thread, so with a few edits I'll join this one....whoops!

Originally I wasn't so keen on the second season, after reading the first few chapters, because it seemed like stuff had taken a step backwards from how things were at the end of the first 'season'. OK well I'll revise my opinion, after the first 5-8 or so of the second season, it does seem to get a lot better, and the storyline seems to have gone more mature. Theres also more hints towards Tsukune/Moka's future together which is great because Im a sap for a love story hehe
Not to mention I like Inner and Outer Moka, so I hope for the merged personality ending, because we don't know 100% (or its not been revealed in the part Im up to) where O.Moka came from, so I tend to favour it being the side of 'true' Moka's personality that was hidden/overriden by her stronger vampiric traits, so in essence, O.Moka is I.Moka's gentle side which was usually buried away beneath the pride, and vampiric upbringing (remember the comment to Kokoa that her family values strength above all else? With an upbringing like that, it'd be easier for your 'weaker' traits to become submerged/hidden). The rosario effectively sealed off the more vampiric side of her personality, allowing the kinder side to flourish as its own personality, and thus it would make sense the two sides could blend back together.

I guess it really was a case of the mangaka feeling thier way around where they wanted to take the story in the near future, and perhaps doing some preliminary work for anyone who hadn't read the story before so it was established that Tsukune is still relatively human and...mostly outmatched... unless he 'awakens'. Roughly up to chapter 22 now, with 28 translated out, and the 29th now out as raw so should be soon....gah its gonna be a long wait for this to finish with the monthly releases!

Spoiler for some personal thoughts:
Well, tyranuus ... I think most of the things that you mentioned are probably going to be resolved in the future , but...

Spoiler for My speculations on the things you mentioned Tyranuus:


Going back to the discussion about chapter 29 ...

Spoiler for Chapter 29:

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-04-03 at 11:50.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 12:49   Link #13436
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: England
Age: 26
On your point on part A/E

Spoiler:


I wonder if the Mangaka is planning to end this season around chapter 40 as well, so both halves of the series are identical length, the series certainly seems to be moving towards some big events/unveils etc this time round. Hopefully we're not that close to the end though.
__________________
Total Anime watched= Enough. What can I say? I'm a convert...
***
PRAY FOR SPICE AND WOLF III and faster Yenpress novel releases!
Reading: Rosario and Vampire II, Sankarea
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 12:59   Link #13437
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
It's prbably something to do with Tsukune's kindness. If Moka's mother acts just like outer Moka, then we can say that "kindness" of another soul is the key to taking the rosary off. And it seems that the "type" of kindness is also a factor since Kurumu couldn't take it off when faced with those ogres back in season 1.

Seems that the seal on Moka is very complicated and involves a lot of seemingly unnecessary clutter for just a power seal. But if there is a memory/personality/soul seal there too, then I can see just how things would get that much more complex for the seal mechanics.
__________________
GrrDraxin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 13:01   Link #13438
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
On your point on part A/E

Spoiler:


I wonder if the Mangaka is planning to end this season around chapter 40 as well, so both halves of the series are identical length, the series certainly seems to be moving towards some big events/unveils etc this time round. Hopefully we're not that close to the end though.
The reason why there's a season 2 is because the magazine it R+V was originally published in went under. Jump decided that they wanted R+V along with Claymore to keep going so they published them along with 2 other series as the flag ship series in another magazine.

Season 2 is just a clever naming convention, as S1 ended due to circumstances and not because the story called for it.
__________________
HayashiTakara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 13:46   Link #13439
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: England
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The reason why there's a season 2 is because the magazine it R+V was originally published in went under. Jump decided that they wanted R+V along with Claymore to keep going so they published them along with 2 other series as the flag ship series in another magazine.

Season 2 is just a clever naming convention, as S1 ended due to circumstances and not because the story called for it.
Yeah, Im aware it's because the magazine changed, the only reason I mentioned it though was because of how many story arcs seem to be building up right now, and because sometimes companies and authors like 'patterns'; rather than because I thought the 'seasons' need to be the same length.
As I said I hope the manga continues for a while yet (although the month-ish wait per volume is going to get painful once I've finished the current batch, as I read pretty quick and I've read S1 1-40 and S2 1-22 in about 2 days..doh...at least 29 should be translated soon)
__________________
Total Anime watched= Enough. What can I say? I'm a convert...
***
PRAY FOR SPICE AND WOLF III and faster Yenpress novel releases!
Reading: Rosario and Vampire II, Sankarea
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 14:49   Link #13440
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanimate View Post
Ooh... nice. I found one more Mizore+Kurumu pic on Google Images (lame huh?). I don't know if it's been used yet...
Spoiler for owo Kurumu+Mizore:
Old

both the pairing and that picture, I havent seen any new ones in a while.
__________________
Kyero Fox is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.