AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-08-27, 09:20   Link #1
mrku8

Help Plz...

hi
i have a problem with downloading in bet tornnet
and i'd like you to help me plz
my problem is that i am using a proxy server so my
download speed is too low so how can i download
files using bit tronnet by a proxy server ?????????
mrku8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 14:45   Link #2
farsefrb

Unhappy

i realy want to help but i have the same proplem

Last edited by farsefrb; 2004-08-27 at 17:43.
farsefrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 19:59   Link #3
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
I'm surpised that no one has answered this one yet.

The answer is no. If you dont understand what a proxy server is, here's a definition:

"A proxy server receives a request for an Internet service (such as a Web page request) from a user. If it passes filtering requirements, the proxy server, assuming it is also a cache server, looks in its local cache of previously downloaded Web pages. If it finds the page, it returns it to the user without needing to forward the request to the Internet. If the page is not in the cache, the proxy server, acting as a client on behalf of the user, uses one of its own IP addresses to request the page from the server out on the Internet. When the page is returned, the proxy server relates it to the original request and forwards it on to the use" http://sdsd.essortment.com/proxyserverdef_rjoa.htm

Most proxy servers keep caches of HTML, FTP, Gopher, and other popular protocols. BitTorrent is not supported. Many countries, such as China, use proxies to censor the internet from "objectionable" content (like democratic propoganda). Your scholasic or religious institution might also do this.

Since the tracker requires your (rather than the proxy's) IP address in order for other peers to connect to you, you'd run into the same problems a person with a router would. However, you cannot configure the proxy to let the traffic through.

Theortically, you might be able have the proxy server scrape the tracker and then the proxy would return the information regarding other peers. But it's unlikely that the proxy would let you connect to the peers once you have the information.

If you cannot connect to the internet without a poxy server, you're just out of luck.