AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-03-11, 19:29   Link #2281
Nobodyman9
Banned

Yep. I guess Code Geass didn't do that well for AS
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:54   Link #2282
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

All right, this "Emperor geassing the Student Council" thing keeps bugging me...

Does anyone have an idea how they might have transported Lelouch back to Area 11? I mean, if they'd done it immediately, they could just have kept him unconscious, but then the Student Council wouldn't have been geassed yet, and Rolo would have taken quite some time to arrive. So did they first keep him in Britannia? Does that mean Charles geassed him a second time and the first one was just for show?

I'm aware the staff most likely didn't obsess over the reasoning, but I'm mostly asking because if I ever had to explain this in fanwork, I'd probably go crazy. xD
Old 2010-04-05, 08:59   Link #2283
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

It seems easy enough for the Emperor to have geassed them all.

If he came down and said "Come to the auditorium now," would they have any room to say no?
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 09:03   Link #2284
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Allow me to point out some sufficient possibilities, Nogitsune.

1. There are several Geass doors world wide, making transportation easy. Thus, all they'd have to do is send a freighter or a aircraft to Kamine/etc etc and make the pickup. Also remembere there is one geass door in Britannia, so it probably didn't take all that long to get Zero infront of the emperor.

2. I have to assume Charles geass can work through electronics like television screens. If he make a private announcement to Ashford with all the faculty, student body pleasant, then it'd be child's play.

One more thing: Not alot of people knew Lelouch had a sister outside of Ashford academy, so it'd be easy picking from there on. Charles geass could look into the mind and switch around or creat false memories because of his geass.

How's that?
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 09:10   Link #2285
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Allow me to point out some sufficient possibilities, Nogitsune.
Thank you!

Quote:
1. There are several Geass doors world wide, making transportation easy. Thus, all they'd have to do is send a freighter or a aircraft to Kamine/etc etc and make the pickup. Also remembere there is one geass door in Britannia, so it probably didn't take all that long to get Zero infront of the emperor.
"Geass doors"? Do those really work that way?
If they do, this would be a nice explanation, although I still think that getting the whole student council to the emperor would take a few days at least.

Quote:
2. I have to assume Charles geass can work through electronics like television screens. If he make a private announcement to Ashford with all the faculty, student body pleasant, then it'd be child's play.
This would be a good explanation (I'm willing to overlook the "they could still have diaries or relatives/friends outside of Ashford who know something" I brought up before, because Charles might really not have cared about those relatively small risks), but Ashford was empty after the Black Knights thing. They got new students, but there probably weren't any lessons for a few weeks at least.

Quote:
One more thing: Not alot of people knew Lelouch had a sister outside of Ashford academy, so it'd be easy picking from there on. Charles geass could look into the mind and switch around or creat false memories because of his geass.

How's that?
Helpful, though I still have my doubts Charles could manage all that in one or two days.
Old 2010-04-05, 09:17   Link #2286
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Your welcome.

I can only assume the geass doors worlk like that. From place to place is convenient, and it would explain several possible outcomes of how Charles went about it.

Being able to use geass through television is pretty nifty, as it does require eye contact -- just it never explained what kind.

He probably didn't do it in one or two days. Possibly a week at lowest, a month at highest. He is intelligent, and he does have geass. Manipulating someone through false memories would be easy.

Still, I hope that brings more answers then questions. It bothered me as well, so I thought up some possible things, and those were those I stated.
Old 2010-04-05, 09:39   Link #2287
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Your welcome.

I can only assume the geass doors worlk like that. From place to place is convenient, and it would explain several possible outcomes of how Charles went about it.

Being able to use geass through television is pretty nifty, as it does require eye contact -- just it never explained what kind.
*nods*

Quote:
He probably didn't do it in one or two days. Possibly a week at lowest, a month at highest. He is intelligent, and he does have geass. Manipulating someone through false memories would be easy.
But then what did he do with Lelouch all this time?

Quote:
Still, I hope that brings more answers then questions. It bothered me as well, so I thought up some possible things, and those were those I stated.
I definitely appreciate the effort!
Old 2010-04-05, 12:04   Link #2288
Betteroffer

Yes, the Thought Elevators can in fact transport matter. It happens when V.V. moves Lelouch and the others from Shikine to Kamine, when the Shinkirou is pulled into the temple, and the fact that Charles is able to move through it to reach V.V. to take his Code.

As for the timing of everything, one idea would be that part of Lelouch's changed memories involved him and the others coming to the mainland just after the Black Rebellion, presumably to see their families, regroup emotionally, and decide whether or not to return to Area 11. Basically, they are Geassed at the start to remember coming there, and then decide whether or not to return on their own.

We don't know exactly when Lelouch was Geassed by the Emperor, but it doesn't have to have been the instant Suzaku got back to the mainland. It could have been a few days to weeks afterwards, as he might have had to setup an audience with the Emperor.

There is a flashback where Rolo is looking at images of Lelouch as he is debriefed on his mission, but this could happen in the time gap mentioned above.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 12:22   Link #2289
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Yes, the Thought Elevators can in fact transport matter. It happens when V.V. moves Lelouch and the others from Shikine to Kamine, when the Shinkirou is pulled into the temple, and the fact that Charles is able to move through it to reach V.V. to take his Code.
I always assumed it was a "Code" thing, meaning either the Emperor or V.V. would have had to go himself. But if it also works for other people, they could of course have sent someone... makes sense.

Quote:
As for the timing of everything, one idea would be that part of Lelouch's changed memories involved him and the others coming to the mainland just after the Black Rebellion, presumably to see their families, regroup emotionally, and decide whether or not to return to Area 11. Basically, they are Geassed at the start to remember coming there, and then decide whether or not to return on their own.

We don't know exactly when Lelouch was Geassed by the Emperor, but it doesn't have to have been the instant Suzaku got back to the mainland. It could have been a few days to weeks afterwards, as he might have had to setup an audience with the Emperor.
Ah! Didn't think of that, thank you.
But then I again wonder where Lelouch was in the meantime. It looked so much like Suzaku dragged him from Area 11 directly before the Emperor to me that I can't imagine him being locked up somewhere for an extended period of time. But that might be just me, and it should certainly work in fanfic, at least, so I guess that's good enough!
Old 2010-04-05, 12:24   Link #2290
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

By the way, does it ever say how V.V. came to be a Geass Witch?
Old 2010-04-05, 12:57   Link #2291
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

No, but he was a geass witch for a very long time. How I know this? He was the one that gave Rai his geass. Which would be from 200-400 years prior to Code Geass. Mind you, it's spinoff... So they might have changed it around.

A person's geass can either be sterile or latently potent. Sterile means it can't mutate beyond the first stage (Rai in every route besides Geass Route and Rolo being examples of sterile.) while the more potent, the more easy it evolves. V.V. must've had incredible geass latency, if this is the case.

...What intrigues me is Suzaku might have been -given- geass latency because of C.C's interaction with him during Narita. Only speculation though, as she said "So he can see me. But if that's the case then he..." leaves room for possible speculation.

I wouldn't know, it's all very unexplained how V.V. became an immortal witch, even in geass route he only has some dialogue -- and that's it. Nothing about his past or self. C.C. mentions there are two other immortals besides her in the world, one is V.V., the other is unidentified.

That's all the info I got, i'm afraid. V.V. is an unexplroed character... well, his past with Charles and Marianne be explained, but never his person becoming a geass witch.
Old 2010-04-05, 14:08   Link #2292
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I always assumed it was a "Code" thing, meaning either the Emperor or V.V. would have had to go himself. But if it also works for other people, they could of course have sent someone... makes sense.
Yeah, V.V. seemed a bit surprised or releived to see Charles when he came to take his Code, so I doubt he had called him. Another thought was the minions who occasionally approached Charles in the Thought Elevator in the first season. At the very least they woudn't have Codes, and since they mostly seemed to give Geass to the children, it seems likely that any human, even one without a Code or a Geass could access the Thought Elevators.

Quote:
Ah! Didn't think of that, thank you.
But then I again wonder where Lelouch was in the meantime. It looked so much like Suzaku dragged him from Area 11 directly before the Emperor to me that I can't imagine him being locked up somewhere for an extended period of time. But that might be just me, and it should certainly work in fanfic, at least, so I guess that's good enough!
Well, I suppose he could have just gone directly to the Emperor as Suzaku was wearing his pilot suit rather than his knight outfit or a military uniform. It could be that Suzaku took Lelouch directly to the Avalon and then had it go straight to the mainland on the grounds of delivering Zero to the Emperor. Since the Ashford students had been evacuated onto it, they would just be brought along for the ride and their memories could be altered to have Lelouch among them for the trip.

The thing is, this would still likely take a day or so and it seems weird that Suzaku wouldn't change into something a bit more appropriate than his pilot suit, since he was going before the Emperor. As well Lelouch was in prison clothes implying he had been kept in a cell for some length of time. If they had the time to strip Lelouch down for a prison outfit, then they could have given Suzaku something more than a pilot suit to address the Emperor in.
Old 2010-04-05, 15:37   Link #2293
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Yeah, V.V. seemed a bit surprised or releived to see Charles when he came to take his Code, so I doubt he had called him. Another thought was the minions who occasionally approached Charles in the Thought Elevator in the first season. At the very least they woudn't have Codes, and since they mostly seemed to give Geass to the children, it seems likely that any human, even one without a Code or a Geass could access the Thought Elevators.
Ah, makes indeed sense, thanks!

Quote:
Well, I suppose he could have just gone directly to the Emperor as Suzaku was wearing his pilot suit rather than his knight outfit or a military uniform. It could be that Suzaku took Lelouch directly to the Avalon and then had it go straight to the mainland on the grounds of delivering Zero to the Emperor. Since the Ashford students had been evacuated onto it, they would just be brought along for the ride and their memories could be altered to have Lelouch among them for the trip.
Oh, that might really work. Well, there'd still be the old issue of friends, relatives and diaries, but I can live with that.

Quote:
The thing is, this would still likely take a day or so and it seems weird that Suzaku wouldn't change into something a bit more appropriate than his pilot suit, since he was going before the Emperor. As well Lelouch was in prison clothes implying he had been kept in a cell for some length of time. If they had the time to strip Lelouch down for a prison outfit, then they could have given Suzaku something more than a pilot suit to address the Emperor in.
Ha, true.
Maybe... maybe Suzaku wanted to play dress-up with Lelouch? Uh... no, wait, that sounds so wrong under these circumstances it even makes me shudder a little. xD
Maybe Charles liked Suzaku's-... no, not much better. All right, brain, stop.
Old 2010-04-06, 17:01   Link #2294
Betteroffer

Quote:
Oh, that might really work. Well, there'd still be the old issue of friends, relatives and diaries, but I can live with that.
For this it could go back to what I mentioned before, with Charles having another Geass user check the students' minds for any instances where the students mentioned Nunally to others or in diaries (if his own Geass doesn't allow him to peer into the mind of whoever he's affecting).

From there, any individuals who would be too familiar to write it off as misremembering are found and either Geassed by Charles or a Geass user with a similar power, or killed, while Ashford is gone over for any signs of Nunally in records and pictures.

Or you could take the easy way out like in Megiddo and just blow up all of Japan, killing almost the entire population, except for the students on the Avalon.

Quote:
Ha, true.
Maybe... maybe Suzaku wanted to play dress-up with Lelouch? Uh... no, wait, that sounds so wrong under these circumstances it even makes me shudder a little. xD
Maybe Charles liked Suzaku's-... no, not much better. All right, brain, stop.
Or Charles is just crazy and bored and had Lelouch and Suzaku reenact that scene dozens of times, wearing a different (often hilarious) outfit each time...I imagine he'd get a particular chuckle out of Suzaku dressing up as Schneizel and Lelouch as Kanon.

OR...

Charles (singing): What have you brought me?

Suzaku (singing): Prisoner number 24601.
Old 2010-04-07, 01:09   Link #2295
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Can we stay on topic please
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 05:10   Link #2296
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

What happens if a Geass Witch gets vaporized by a Hardon Cannon?
Old 2010-04-07, 05:30   Link #2297
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

A hadron cannon? Well... they die... and regenerate.

Immortals are linked to C's World, so maybe the Sword of Akasha regenerates them if they are trapped somewhere that constantly kills them/prevents them from immortality (...like a black hole.) if they do 'die' they probably are rematerialized in C's world, so all that's left is leaving. Speculation though.

A person -- regardless of being immortal or not, because immortals look like individuals -- would be completely annihilated. We saw what it does to aircraft carriers, Gun-Ru's and other more expensive Knightmare Frames, now apply that to flesh and bone.... Exactly.

An immortal wouldn't die against it, long as there were remains -- charred to ashes and melted regardless are still remains -- they could possibly regenerate.

Tough question outside of that, i'm afraid. Hadron Cannons are incredibly potent... So I wouldn't know, immortals are immortals. Long as there is something left of them, they'd be able to survive. Hadron Cannon though.. if shot for afew seconds onto a Geass Witch, I doubt there would be anything left.
Old 2010-04-07, 13:15   Link #2298
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
For this it could go back to what I mentioned before, with Charles having another Geass user check the students' minds for any instances where the students mentioned Nunally to others or in diaries (if his own Geass doesn't allow him to peer into the mind of whoever he's affecting).
Ah, nice solution!

Quote:
Or you could take the easy way out like in Megiddo and just blow up all of Japan, killing almost the entire population, except for the students on the Avalon.
lol. xD
Darn, really have to re-watch those episodes... 24 and 25? (The Avalon thing, I mean.)

Quote:
Or Charles is just crazy and bored and had Lelouch and Suzaku reenact that scene dozens of times, wearing a different (often hilarious) outfit each time...I imagine he'd get a particular chuckle out of Suzaku dressing up as Schneizel and Lelouch as Kanon.
Ha. I belive Lelouch would make the better Schneizel, but that's probably what would make Charles laugh. xD
Old 2010-04-08, 01:09   Link #2299
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
Nobody knows, this is like the question asked a few pages back about what would happen if VV was blown into the sun >.<;;;
Nobody will know for sure because it is one of the untold things anime never goes deeper into and that will never happen in the geass-verse
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 16:13   Link #2300
Ten-Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
Drama happens ofc. Also pizza sales around the world should be high during a couple of days...
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a