AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-12, 07:39   Link #2741
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
by the way, what is chances for Touma to end up with Misaka anyways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
3. Very high. I'll let someone else do the explaining in Toumisaka's current status.
I'd say if these things occur then she might be the winner in the "Who gets Touma" war:

1. Mikoto confesses to him clearly without any disturbances as petty as background noise
2. Touma mans up and takes her confession seriously, not dodging the subject but thinks on what to do next
3. Touma is fine with ditching his "I like the onee-san type" preference for Mikoto
4. As long Index doesn't feel heartbroken by the notion that Touma only sees her as a younger sister. As the one closest to Touma at all times she has a very high priority over other girls.
5. Most importantly, if her (biggest? I don't know?) rivals such as Itsuwa or Kaori don't get anything like a confession to him first. But I don't see anyone going to be quicker than Mikoto seeing how the current flow of plot in the novels are right now.
6. Last but not least: If the novel author decides who'll win once and for all. The illustrator already joked around with Touma+Misaka and Touma+Kaori with these, God knows if the author himself already had an idea in mind on how to resolve Touma's problem of accidentally stockpiling girls into a harem of his own.

...Personally, I'd prefer if the author lets this be an ongoing gag, with the finale of Touma accidentally snagging up another girl into his already gargantuan(?) harem and everyone ends up mad, and I'm talking about this being played for the laughs. But for those of you who'd like any of the girls to have a serious ending with him, you won't like this proposal...
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-04-12 at 07:52.
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 07:56   Link #2742
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
1. With artificial angels and superdimensional beings running amok, it's more likely that more powerful people are making Misaka weaker when in fact, there's really no change in her power.

2. Kuroko got her butt handed to her by another Teleporter named Awaki Musujime.

3. Very high. I'll let someone else do the explaining in Toumisaka's current status.
1. I guess this is inevitable when you're 3rd character or a female character in the good side.

2. Sad to read that since I really like her character.
noobita is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 08:05   Link #2743
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Don't worry, Awaki had her a$$ wiped by Accelerator later on.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now  
Old 2010-04-12, 09:35   Link #2744
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I
6. Last but not least: If the novel author decides who'll win once and for all. The illustrator already joked around with Touma+Misaka and Touma+Kaori with these, God knows if the author himself already had an idea in mind on how to resolve Touma's problem of accidentally stockpiling girls into a harem of his own.
Where did you get this illustration XD. It seems it:s not a fan-made one O=O
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 10:03   Link #2745
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Touma might end up with Mikoto, but he also has a chance of ending up with Index. That illustration seems more like a gag over who likes Touma the most, not who Touma likes the most.

If it really comes down to Mikoto vs Kaori, then Mikoto would win, simply because Mikoto has been in the spotlight more.

However, I'd be fine with a harem ending where Mikoto moves in with Touma and Index too.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2010-04-12 at 10:46.
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 10:27   Link #2746
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Where did you get this illustration XD. It seems it:s not a fan-made one O=O
LOL, it was the work of the novel illustrator himself! I can't remember the first, but the second... well, let's just say I accidentally stumbled upon an abandoned gold mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If it really comes down to Mikoto vs Kaori, then Mikoto would win, simply because Mikoto has been in the spotlight more.

However, I'd be fine with a harem ending where Mikoto moves in with Touma and Index too.
Same thoughts here, but I predict a turnabout which would challenge that, while ignoring how much screentime does Mikoto get (Railgun excluded) if S2 ever gets around. Not to mention these two are going to have a strong rival, and since is the novel thread, it's going to be Itsuwa. My reasoning is because in the novels she clearly shows how she feels about Touma (remember Volume 16, gentlemen?).
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 10:33   Link #2747
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
reading this thread..and not find any link to download this novel...found it at google but ....RAW
does any one already released the english version?, or just post it in this thread?, bakatsuki isn't so friendly with my connection here it's give me error page
and about ..
1st and 2nd it's from novel alright..I confirm it with some one I know in Japan

but something bother me...in 1st picture there is two Imouto in the background..if one is Imouto 10032 the other one is?...
surerman is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 10:43   Link #2748
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Slight update, 64% done, will do up part 6 for today.

@Surerman, apparently, it's an imouto that the illustrator drew up for lolz, in a joke chapter. For random's sake, I'm just hoping that Imouto 19090 is still alive though.
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 10:45   Link #2749
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
reading this thread..and not find any link to download this novel...found it at google but ....RAW
does any one already released the english version?, or just post it in this thread?, bakatsuki isn't so friendly with my connection here it's give me error page
and about ..
1st and 2nd it's from novel alright..I confirm it with some one I know in Japan

but something bother me...in 1st picture there is two Imouto in the background..if one is Imouto 10032 the other one is?...
The one with cat ears (in both pics) is Imouto 20002. It's from an official joke chapter.
cubicjack is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 11:00   Link #2750
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Slight update, 64% done, will do up part 6 for today.

@Surerman, apparently, it's an imouto that the illustrator drew up for lolz, in a joke chapter. For random's sake, I'm just hoping that Imouto 19090 is still alive though.
The illustrator needs to change his portrayal of the original Mikoto then, because she's essentially a loli in the novels, and 19090 is supposed to be even skinnier. I don't expect Mikoto to get curves like Oriana or Kaori, but at least give her something, like in the Railgun manga.

Speaking of Oriana, I wonder if the anime will skip Oriana's dressing scene when they get to this arc. This is like the ultimate fanservice scene, what with the author detailing the curviest woman in this universe changing clothes.
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 11:41   Link #2751
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Thanks for the **nosebleeds** translations Teh Ping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Speaking of Oriana, I wonder if the anime will skip Oriana's dressing scene when they get to this arc. This is like the ultimate fanservice scene, what with the author detailing the curviest woman in this universe changing clothes.
Mmm... fufufufu if the anime skip that people will be disspointed .
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 12:27   Link #2752
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
1. With artificial angels and superdimensional beings running amok, it's more likely that more powerful people are making Misaka weaker when in fact, there's really no change in her power.
is Misaka really that much weaker or its she still hasn't use her full power? Wasn't it said that Misaka doesn't like using her full power becuase she doesn't want to kill people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Slight update, 64% done, will do up part 6 for today.

@Surerman, apparently, it's an imouto that the illustrator drew up for lolz, in a joke chapter. For random's sake, I'm just hoping that Imouto 19090 is still alive though.
didn't imouto 19090 lost some weight and the other imouto's went a little crazy
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 12:32   Link #2753
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
is Misaka really that much weaker or its she still hasn't use her full power? Wasn't it said that Misaka doesn't like using her full power becuase she doesn't want to kill people?
I think its alittle of both.

She is weaker than most enemies, but she is also the most resourceful than other characters. or is the word versitile in her use of powers? I'm not sure.

And yes, she is holding back so as not to kill- Who knows how much power she could unleash if she wanted too.
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 13:55   Link #2754
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
is Misaka really that much weaker or its she still hasn't use her full power? Wasn't it said that Misaka doesn't like using her full power becuase she doesn't want to kill people?
Mmmm.... yes, she isn't in the top 15 of strongest characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I think its alittle of both.

She is weaker than most enemies, but she is also the most resourceful than other characters. or is the word versitile in her use of powers? I'm not sure.

And yes, she is holding back so as not to kill- Who knows how much power she could unleash if she wanted too.
She already showed her full power against the evil fetus, Touma, Accelerator and Telestina in railgun anime.
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 13:58   Link #2755
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I think its alittle of both.

She is weaker than most enemies, but she is also the most resourceful than other characters. or is the word versitile in her use of powers? I'm not sure.

And yes, she is holding back so as not to kill- Who knows how much power she could unleash if she wanted too.
it just seems strange that Misaka would really be that much weaker when it is said that science and magic are equal. If Science = magic and Lvl 5 is suppose to be just one step short of being a God (lvl6), then Misaka as one of the stronger lvl5 should be strong enough to take on most of the enemies that has shown up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post


She already showed her full power against the evil fetus, Touma, Accelerator and Telestina in railgun anime.
1. fetus - do we know that?
2. Touma has Main Character Shield
3. Accelerator is stronger then Misaka
4. A. How canon is the anime
B. she was recovering form the capacity down, so she wasn't at full power.
__________________

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-04-12 at 14:12.
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 14:28   Link #2756
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it just seems strange that Misaka would really be that much weaker when it is said that science and magic are equal. If Science = magic and Lvl 5 is suppose to be just one step short of being a God (lvl6), then Misaka as one of the stronger lvl5 should be strong enough to take on most of the enemies that has shown up.



1. fetus - do we know that?
2. Touma has Main Character Shield
3. Accelerator is stronger then Misaka
4. A. How canon is the anime
B. she was recovering form the capacity down, so she wasn't at full power.
Being in the same level doesn't mean they are equals for example: Kuroko vs Awaki, both are Level 4 but Awaki power is overwhelming compared to Kuroko. Only two espers(Accelerator and Kakine Teitoku) of the seven level 5s are capable to reach Level 6 because their power have a divine nature which allows them to evolve, the other not.


Quote:
1. fetus - do we know that?
2. Touma has Main Character Shield
3. Accelerator is stronger then Misaka
4. A. How canon is the anime
B. she was recovering form the capacity down, so she wasn't at full power.
1.- Is the AIM Burst a.k.a evil fetus.
2.- Only in his right hand which didn't helped when Mikoto almost killed him in the bridge during the sisters arc.
3.- Obvious.
4.- Take that if you want, but Misaka wasn't injured and the Capacity Down only works when is turned ON. That dispositive doesn't give any secondary effects to the victims and it was already destroyed by Saten.
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 14:30   Link #2757
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Being in the same level doesn't mean they are equals for example Kuroko vs Awaki.
i thought Awaki could have been a lvl5 but she has issue that prevent her form using her full power.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 14:35   Link #2758
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i thought Awaki could have been a lvl5 but she has issue that prevent her form using her full power.
Takitsubou Rikkou has the same potential, in accord to Kakine.
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 14:47   Link #2759
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Being in the same level doesn't mean they are equals for example: Kuroko vs Awaki, both are Level 4 but Awaki power is overwhelming compared to Kuroko. Only two espers(Accelerator and Kakine Teitoku) of the seven level 5s are capable to reach Level 6 because their power have a divine nature which allows them to evolve, the other not.



1.- Is the AIM Burst a.k.a evil fetus.
2.- Only in his right hand which didn't helped when Mikoto almost killed him in the bridge during the sisters arc.
3.- Obvious.
4.- Take that if you want, but Misaka wasn't injured and the Capacity Down only works when is turned ON. That dispositive doesn't give any secondary effects to the victims and it was already destroyed by Saten.
Yeah, those two are way above her, no doubt

1.-She pro did use alot of her strength then, managing to cook a gigantic monster. That takes power.
2.- It was specifically pointed out she held back there
3.- It really is
4.-True, it doesn't give secondary effects, but at that point she was up aginst a person; she may have used Railgun, but it is possible (if unlikely) she held back, only using enugh power to overwhelm and not kill. (Actually, this seems damn near impossible, never mind)
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 14:52   Link #2760
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Yeah, those two are way above her, no doubt

1.-She pro did use alot of her strength then, managing to cook a gigantic monster. That takes power.
2.- It was specifically pointed out she held back there
3.- It really is
4.-True, it doesn't give secondary effects, but at that point she was up aginst a person; she may have used Railgun, but it is possible (if unlikely) she held back, only using enugh power to overwhelm and not kill. (Actually, this seems damn near impossible, never mind)
i think we better move this over to the Bri Bri thread since it focus so much on Misaka.

Is Misaka's power over electricity only or does it also included electromagnetism? As one of the fundamental forces of nature, if Misaka has control over electromagnetism, it should put her right near the top of the power rankings.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.