AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-11, 20:08   Link #1061
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Spoiler for About Teresa:
Spoiler for Teresa...:


Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
For me what made Teresa interesting is not only her power, but how her whole character had changed. Turning from a proud number 1 Claymore into a soft traitor was a huge change.

And when she had killed those bandits, that was the best moment for me. She literally gave up her life for Clare. And she did it by abondining her pride as number 1. The biggest part of Claymores would probably ignore those bandits.
Agreed. Though Irene would have saved Clarebear! (think Miria would likely save her too... if she time traveled 10 years back in time that is. After all her first action in Pieta was to save a young girl.)
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-04-11, 20:25   Link #1062
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Irene might have overthought it first...
Miria and Galatea are probably the most obviouse choice who would sacrifice themselves.

Although after time skips I guess all North war survivors and Irene would do the same too by now.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 12:01   Link #1063
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
[SPOILER="manga"]Still Riful couldn't regenerate. That remains the fact.
And Alicia was fighting at full power, only not in released form. Ony later did she feel the real effect of Beth's pain.

Yeah, but Alicia still owned Riful while they were figthing at full power. And Beth was not helping Alicia. The only thing that Beth did was allow her sister to use her Awakened strength.
So, it was Abyssal One vs Abyssal One and Riful was losing.

Quote:
Yeah Rosemary is weaker than Riful, no doubt there.
I'm not so sure if Rosemary was weaker than Riful. What would be the point of Extra Chapter 1 then? To show how Rosemary was inferior to the three AOs?
No, it was to show that Teresa was stronger than an AO.

Quote:
Sorry, but Teresa remains stronger than Alicia.
Agreed.

Quote:
Are you serious? Teresa, Riful, Alicia and Beth were trash for you? 0_o
I like Alicia and Beth.
Nixl pretty much covered my toughts on Teresa.
Trash>Riful.

Quote:
Even though Alicia and Beth didn't have much panel, I really would prefer them as main villians than her.
I like Priscilla but I prefer The Destroyer as a main villain, The Bringer of Despair...
In fact, I wish Isley had been the main villain but he just had to become a single father, didn't he? sigh
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 12:17   Link #1064
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
In fact, I wish Isley had been the main villain but he just had to become a single father, didn't he? sigh
The main villain? Nah, he wouldn't have been good.

Really, none of the Abyssals have the qualities of being a true villain like the kind I want, because all of them are too human in some way. The Destroyer is so powerful, and so nihilistic, it's more of what I'm looking for.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 12:19   Link #1065
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Yeah, but Alicia still owned Riful while they were figthing at full power. And Beth was not helping Alicia. The only thing that Beth did was allow her sister to use her Awakened strength.
So, it was Abyssal One vs Abyssal One and Riful was losing.
With already messed up Riful who at first got attacked by zombies, later by Alicia/Beth combo and only in the end by Alicia herself.
And Riful was already barely movind and dragging Duff behind her before Alicia had appeared.

Quote:
I'm not so sure if Rosemary was weaker than Riful. What would be the point of Extra Chapter 1 then? To show how Rosemary was inferior to the three AOs?
No, it was to show that Teresa was stronger than an AO.
-shrugs- Than Teresa stomps Alicia and Beth just as I said in the begging.

Quote:
I like Alicia and Beth.
Nixl pretty much covered my toughts on Teresa.
Trash>Riful.
So you are basicly saying that Teresa is an overpowered trash?
Sorry but Priscilla will be far more overpowred if you ask me... If she won't loss her focus or something like Teresa, I don't see any reasonable lose on her part.

Besides for me she didn't develop at all... She is completly the same as she was when she had awakened for the first time. Only that now she has memory loss and didn't eat for a long time... not that we saw her eating before either...

Quote:
I like Priscilla but I prefer The Destroyer as a main villain, The Bringer of Despair...
In fact, I wish Isley had been the main villain but he just had to become a single father, didn't he? sigh
Eeehhh... who was the Destroyer again?
Isley is by far better choice then Priscilla -_-
Though I found Rifl a bit more interesting, but he surely had a good potencial which also got wasted -sigh- good thing not from Priscilla's hands again...

Seriously, Priscilla had killed almost everyone that I liked. If she will hurt Galatea, I will go barsek -_-
I still can't believe that she is blind...
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 12:31   Link #1066
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Eeehhh... who was the Destroyer again?
My evil goddess! (Teresa and Clare being my good goddesses)

It's the merged Raphaela and Luciela. AKA the gaint AB who looks like the twin goddesses Teresa and Clare, also the one shooting the Hellcats all over the place.




Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Isley is by far better choice then Priscilla -_-
Though I found Rifl a bit more interesting, but he surely had a good potencial which also got wasted -sigh- good thing not from Priscilla's hands again...

Seriously, Priscilla had killed almost everyone that I liked. If she will hurt Galatea, I will go barsek -_-
I still can't believe that she is blind...
I just think Priscilla needs some panel time alone to make her better as a villain.

Isley was awesome but developed in the wrong way to be a main villain and Riful, while being the most developed character of the AOs, was by far the least intimidating and softest of the big 3. So both where kinda doomed from the start.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 13:26   Link #1067
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
With already messed up Riful who at first got attacked by zombies,
I was talking about their first figth, the one that The Destroyer interrupted.
The AFs didn't do anything to Riful. That wound was nothing to an Abyssal One.
Also, it was certainly not Alicia & Beth vs Riful, it was Alicia & Beth vs Riful & Dauf. And Beth didn't do anything but control her sister's Yoki to prevent her from Awakening and dodge Dauf's rods.
It was a fair figth and Riful was losing.

Quote:
-shrugs- Than Teresa stomps Alicia and Beth just as I said in the begging.
When did I argue otherwise?

Quote:
Sorry but Priscilla will be far more overpowred if you ask me...
She is the villain, she should be overpowered.

Quote:
Besides for me she didn't develop at all... She is completly the same as she was when she had awakened for the first time. Only that now she has memory loss and didn't eat for a long time... not that we saw her eating before either...
Priscilla did develop a lot. She went from a loyal (brainwashed) warrior of the Organization to a sadistic Awakened Being, then to a young woman with the mind of a child, then to an actual child and finally she came back to being the sadistic Awakened Being.
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 13:40   Link #1068
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Ryus
Ah, right, thought so. Well right now The Destroyer is boring... it more looks like a cannon... hope it will start to do something more than simply shooting.

MisterJB
Awakening completly changes everyones character. Being born as Yoma makes you evil from the begining. I wouldn't call that a development.

She had lost her memory so she became quiet and Isley made slight use of it. Raki took care og her and by that ensured that she wouldn't eat anyone. Without having any food she started to becom smaller. After The Destroyer had appeared with huge power, it probably made her remember some things. I see no real development, she was just a puppet this whole time with no real memories.

The real development probably will be when she will remember everything.

And being main villian is not an excuse for an over power. Like that main hero also has all rights for that.

Actually that's exactly what started to ruin Aizen in Bleach. A lot of people started to get bored and now are waiting in what pathefic way he will lose.
Atleast Claymore author is doing better job than Kubo so I have hope for some reasonable deafeat on her part.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 14:20   Link #1069
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ryus
Ah, right, thought so. Well right now The Destroyer is boring... it more looks like a cannon... hope it will start to do something more than simply shooting.
Spoiler for Thoughts on The Destroyer and her role in Ch 103 and beyond:
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 14:37   Link #1070
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
A bit too random... but I really wouldn't mind if Clare somehow had been able to control The Destroyer in order to take Priscilia down...

By the way I was wondering here... if she has Raphaela's memories, she must know the Iren's fate. Wonder if Irene is really dead...
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 14:43   Link #1071
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
A bit too random... but I really wouldn't mind if Clare somehow had been able to control The Destroyer in order to take Priscilia down...

By the way I was wondering here... if she has Raphaela's memories, she must know the Iren's fate. Wonder if Irene is really dead...
I agree bit too random however I just love the thought of it... don't know why.

Of course she does... but it's not like she has total control over the thoughts yet (as witnessed by Clare just randomly recalling knowledge of Alicia and Beth) and is too distracted by all the events going on to really access the thoughts (it took her some time to even realize it was Priscilla's yoki she was sensing and before she could even try to recall that she had to warn H&D of where the safe spots where from the second barrage). Though I fully believe Irene is quite dead, confirmation would be nice. To me Raphaela's smile when learning the name of the quicksword and who's move it was just screamed she was laughing at the irony of being killed by her move and arm, since she killed Irene so long ago.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-04-12, 18:41   Link #1072
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Even if she is dead, would be nice to see Clare's rection. After all she promised to return the hand

That's a bit sad that she dies, I liked Irene. Especially her design, she kinda looked like the most original one among Claymores. Especially those elf like ears of hers.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.