AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-08-16, 18:40   Link #1
vash1001

Japenese Heavy Metal

Yeah i was listening to rammstein the other day when i thought that japan may have some good metal bands n e 1 know any?
vash1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 18:56   Link #2
Killua_grav

Send a message via MSN to Killua_grav
Yea same here Looking for some heavy/death/goth metal. So far i've only been hooked on the anime intro's/outro's etc, wouldn't mind exploring some more
Old 2004-08-17, 19:08   Link #3
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

I have a CD were the group sings anime OP/ED songs in heavy Metal mood.
It was quite entertaining...like Sailoormoon OP and Mazinger Z themes, but a few were sorta' sound funny.
Old 2004-08-18, 16:28   Link #4
Keit
타.파.피.카

You might wanna have a look in to the band named Sigh. It's a blackmetal-band but... a little more strange
Old 2004-08-18, 16:50   Link #5
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
I have a CD were the group sings anime OP/ED songs in heavy Metal mood.
It was quite entertaining...like Sailoormoon OP and Mazinger Z themes, but a few were sorta' sound funny.

You mean the band named "ANIMETAL"??
They are releasing a new CD soon. (Vol. 6)
but I don't know what anime songs will be in it. :?
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 17:50   Link #6
midnightsun337

HELLCHILD

they are awesome [death metal], probably the best I've ever heard. I would like more from them actually.

and if you want some good Metalcore hit up Converge (they're American) but they did a split with Hellchild.
Old 2004-08-18, 18:38   Link #7
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinDragon
You mean the band named "ANIMETAL"??
They are releasing a new CD soon. (Vol. 6)
but I don't know what anime songs will be in it. :?
yup. ANIMETAL. That's the Band.

The girl member has a cute voice.

Also, I also heard an anime punk band years ago.
Old 2004-08-20, 07:08   Link #8
Medievalchimp

Try Yellow Machine Gun, Glossectomy, Disconformity, also look into the thousandga-jillion Japanese noise bands
Medievalchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 09:15   Link #9
sin_thetic
quiet one

hey does ne know where i can get some animetal mp3s as i hvae 1 but kazaalite is so outdated now i just get remotely qued all the time
sin_thetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 22:49   Link #10
Xsjado

I like Dir en grey , really good, too, my friend have of their music video , and i say it awsome. I forgot whats their other group name.
Xsjado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 08:50   Link #11
Hannah's_Knight

Send a message via MSN to Hannah's_Knight
Dir en Grey would be your best bet....but if it's the heavy stuff you're after, you may wanna consider looking into some of the more "In Your Face" songs that they released.
Personally, I reccomend the following heavier songs by them:
-ZAN-
Hydra
Schwein no Isu
Mask
Obscure

See if you can get into them from that ^.^

As for my opinion on Japanese Heavy Metal....most of it is either beyoind the point of heavy and just sounds like pointless, unstable noise e.g. F**k on the Beach, for one example of Jap Heavy Metal.
I've never heard a Japanese band play Metal like Otep and Opeth...but if anyone wants to prove me wrong, by all means, give me the name of a band and I'll give it a bash ^^
Hannah's_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 16:01   Link #12
cheez-it_god
chemo brain

Send a message via AIM to cheez-it_god Send a message via MSN to cheez-it_god Send a message via Yahoo to cheez-it_god
I know that metal is loved over in Japan. Bands like Helloween, Dream Evil, Blind Guardian, Yngwie Malmsteen, to name a few, are well-liked. From what I've heard of live albums and concert footage, it seems that the crowds ALWAYS stop yelling/chanting/singing/etc, all at once. Loud and then quiet just like that. I haven't actually heard any Japanese metal, and the closest I've come is a limited amount of X Japan. Moy.
cheez-it_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 14:44   Link #13
Manakin
Falling

Send a message via AIM to Manakin
Nutty

Japanese heavy? Now that's a tough one, I personally haven't heard any. There are a lot of bands that I'm guessing are *trying* to be more on the heavy side but end up souding pretty much like harder pop. Funny little detail I noticed is that even if they play hard and loud, even if it's supposed to be a sad song, they always have this jolly part in major. It's whacked I tell you! Good thing I happen to like it whack! ^_^

Anyway, X-Japan is, perhaps, the one band I'd place my bet on in this one. They have some hard songs although a lot of them are ballad types. Dir en Grey is good too, although their sound is a bit more guitar pop/rock. One song from them, Child Prey, is actually quite heavyish though, you might want to check that one out.
Manakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 17:18   Link #14
Wang Hung Lo
Death to False Music

Send a message via AIM to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via MSN to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via Yahoo to Wang Hung Lo
As an avid heavy metaller sort of dude, I must say that X Japan has written some of the most amazing metal/thrash songs I've ever heard.

Sex Machineguns has a gritty, trashy metal sound going on. Their videos are pretty ass kicking too.

If you haven't heard of Loudness, get out of here. They were a Japanese metal band that barely broke the language barrier here in America during the early 80s and brushed with popularity very briefly.
Wang Hung Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 23:09   Link #15
Exonerate

Not heavy metal per se (Not that I consider Rammstein heavy metal either), but Envy is a fairly decent Japanoise band.
Exonerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 17:48   Link #16
harudasakurada

Send a message via AIM to harudasakurada
I second Sex Machineguns.

There's a band called Animetal that covers anime theme songs, but I haven't actually heard any of their music so I have no idea if they're good or not.

You may like The Back Horn, even though they're not Metal but more like some Punk-ish/Metal-ish thing.

Anime Blog!
harudasakurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 18:22   Link #17
hiropdx
Booyakasha! respect.

Send a message via AIM to hiropdx
I have 2 albums from Kokeshi Doll. They're an all chick band thats mostly growl hardcore punk. Yellow Machinegun is pretty much the same, I also have all their albums, which freakin' rock!