AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 20 21.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 32.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 32.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 8.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-14, 22:30   Link #21
zpozi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I found it more interesting how some of the traps were very sophisticated. I mean, cutting Lasers!? and some of them look like it took them ages to design and build. Just who were these people when they were alive?
Am I the only one who thought about Resident Evil laser scenes when seeing this laser trap ?

Old 2010-04-14, 22:48   Link #22
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpozi View Post
Am I the only one who thought about Resident Evil laser scenes when seeing this laser trap ?

Yea i mentioned it too in my episode review post. I actually think they were parodying it. the scene was just too similar either way it was quite enjoyable well accept for that last part man it must hurt like hell being cut into tiny pieces.
Old 2010-04-14, 23:27   Link #23
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

I laughed as soon as I saw the laser.
Old 2010-04-15, 03:37   Link #24
Ultra Violet
Not a color

Quote:

That was one of the funniest scenes of the episode.... well, except the part where Matsushita was cut into pieces, but Oyama's face made me chuckle.

I also like the scene where it was TK's turn to be sacrificed... lol that really made me laugh.
Old 2010-04-15, 07:06   Link #25
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:

From the original topic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Well it didn't disappoint that's for sure. The OP "My Soul, Your Beats!" by Lia had a nice feel to it with a nice piano slow melody add in a few beats speed up the temp and you've got yourself one hell of an OP. I think it actually fits the mood of series as well. I was hoping we wouldn't get the generic Jpop song but Lia was a great choice as her voice is mature yet soft.

I am absolutely amazed at the organization of S3 they have one hell of a set up going on. Screw not being a real army they are REAL ARMY they may make some armies in real life look like militia lol. I did ask myself where the hell they got all those weapons from in the first episode and too my surprise it was answered. A subterranean factory named GUILD not bad at all.

The traps were just damn funny as each got taken out by their own traps. The advantage is you don't have to worry about them since they cant die that's the good part but you still get to feel the pain that's the bad part i don like pain its ruins my day. I totally got a Resident Evil feel when they got stuck in the room with the lasers and im sure that exactly what they were parodying lol.

What i did not expect was the very personal side we got from Yuri so soon about her life before she was killed (how she was killed she side stepped) it was just damn sad i was taken aback by the scene with the blood on the clock and how those bastards killed children. The police arrived 30min later thats just cruel the murders killed a child every 10 mins. The way set up for Otonoshi and Yuri to be alone was good now i wonder has Yuri ever told this story to any of the other members. The set allowed us to see a side of Yuri other than what the others see it also gave us her reason for fighting against God if there is one. After hearing her story can any of us blame her for rebelling.

I kind of felt bad for Tenshi this time around. I mean she got worked pretty hard after getting through all those traps she got shot then had to go 1 on 1 against Yuri who can actually fight hand to hand in close quarters at least well enough that Tenshi had to use the Guard skill: delay to get the upper hand. I really thought they were going to blast the living shit out of her with that cannon but it blew up instead lol.

Noda gets the funny as hell kill of the week this guys has bad luck with swinging hammers.

very well done just taking the series as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Not to mention that no matter how you die, you come back - in the same place no less. I thought the guy who got killed Resident Evil movie style would come back in the infirmary.
Did you know there is a new movie coming out?
Old 2010-04-15, 09:24   Link #26
majestix1988

this look episode cool lotsa killing spree
Old 2010-04-15, 13:35   Link #27
Wrath88
Kissing...

Lol, if there was a poll that said 'Did the laser trap remind you of Resident Evil?', the answers will be distributed like this:
Yes: 80-95%
No: 0%
Never saw that movie: 15-20%
Old 2010-04-15, 16:22   Link #28
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
If they would make laser guns.. light sabers like they made the laser trap , i think tenshi would be killed in the first episode .
But if she dies , she will revive like the others , what will happen after they kill Tenshi?
Old 2010-04-15, 17:22   Link #29
tsunade666

I just watched episode 2 and its great but still the lonely cute girl being target practice by a cannon doesn't suit my style. I know that its an angel and its power is ubber hax that make them like speck of dust. But they should have use a boy or a bad looking boy. The cute innocent angel when getting blown up really hurts me . But fantastic episode but still little info on others. But the story of yuri is really sad and tragic. I wonder how she ended up dead.
Old 2010-04-15, 20:14   Link #30
Ultra Violet
Not a color

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
If they would make laser guns.. light sabers like they made the laser trap , i think tenshi would be killed in the first episode .
But if she dies , she will revive like the others , what will happen after they kill Tenshi?
That's what I wonder too. How will they kill Tenshi if she can heal herself fast?
She obviously survived that burning explosion from the Guild, and the team knows that Tenshi recovers... then aren't they just wasting precious ammo?

If they ain't gonna make a smooth plan they'll be avoiding/shooting at some cute girl for the rest of their afterlife.
Old 2010-04-15, 22:07   Link #31
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
That's what I wonder too. How will they kill Tenshi if she can heal herself fast?
She obviously survived that burning explosion from the Guild, and the team knows that Tenshi recovers... then aren't they just wasting precious ammo?

If they ain't gonna make a smooth plan they'll be avoiding/shooting at some cute girl for the rest of their afterlife.
They don't disappear as long as they fight, not as long as they win. As long as Guild exists, then they have supplies, so they can't be wasting things unless Guild falls for some reason (and we've seen what lengths Yuri will go to protect Guild).

They're stuck in a stalemate, it seems, but considering the possible alternative, they're far more comfortable with the status quo stalemate than with the unknown.
Old 2010-04-16, 08:37   Link #32
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Sophisticated...but hardly original.
pretty much i think we have seen all these traps in hundreds of movies. But the traps they used were all very effective very hard to escape from functionality over form. Not original yet very effective. Except for the damn cannon that FAILED miserably lol.
Old 2010-04-16, 09:57   Link #33
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
pretty much i think we have seen all these traps in hundreds of movies. But the traps they used were all very effective very hard to escape from functionality over form. Not original yet very effective. Except for the damn cannon that FAILED miserably lol.
If it works, don't fix it.
Old 2010-04-16, 20:17   Link #34
NinjaYali
Banned

Spoiler for Lesson 2 of Angel Beats, God is an asshole:
Old 2010-04-19, 17:54   Link #35
Uchiha Soul

It was so damn funny

they all cool and their death sences are hilarious

Yuri's story was sad .. i thought she died when she fell the stairs but do you think she really commited a suicide?! Otonashi didnt mention the suicide, she is the one who mentioned that she is not crazy to kill herself ?!!
Old 2010-04-20, 04:42   Link #36
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestix1988 View Post

this look episode cool lotsa killing spree
I loved when the music started playing. So awesome

I laughed alot when they were *sacrificed*

I mean when TK was holding the cieling up telling them to go. They were like, thanks, see ya, aprieciated it. Then lef him behind without a 2nd thought. Or the blue haired guy who was *reported* by yuri that he sacrificed himself. But we all know she slapped him off to his doom.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-04-21, 13:36   Link #37
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
It was a really interesting episode on the most part. On the traps that some people faced, well, they were pretty funny... However, Yuri's flashback is well sad... and on the borderline of tearjerking.

And yes, laser traps are serious business...

Rating: 8.4/10
Old 2010-04-21, 15:50   Link #38
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

I mean when TK was holding the cieling up telling them to go. They were like, thanks, see ya, aprieciated it. Then lef him behind without a 2nd thought. Or the blue haired guy who was *reported* by yuri that he sacrificed himself. But we all know she slapped him off to his doom.
me too .. it was so damn funny
Old 2010-04-21, 21:52   Link #39
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I just watched episode 2 and its great but still the lonely cute girl being target practice by a cannon doesn't suit my style. I know that its an angel and its power is ubber hax that make them like speck of dust. But they should have use a boy or a bad looking boy. The cute innocent angel when getting blown up really hurts me . But fantastic episode but still little info on others. But the story of yuri is really sad and tragic. I wonder how she ended up dead.
I think that's kind of the point. That's the part that Oto has the most trouble dealing with, or at least had the most trouble dealing with at the beginning. She was just a sweet innocent looking girl.

Then she stabbed him through the heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

I don't think I've ever laughed harder at someone being annihilated in a comedy setting before. That was one of the funniest moments I've yet witnessed in an anime and I doubt I will ever be allowed to forget it. It catches you so off guard, just some random theme pops up and you're thinking, "Wait... What? Is he dead for good?" This show would not be nearly as funny if they didn't constantly play around with the fact that none of them can die.

Anyone else notice that Yuri gave the newbie some favoritism for crawling all over her and motorboating her? Yet another scene that made me laugh my ass off. I guess that's a good sign for him eh?

Lastly I must say, I was surprised yet again by how quickly they went from comedy to borderline horror. Yuri's story was one of the more depressing things I've had the displeasure of sitting through, and how much gore (although censored to a point) was involved was just shocking.

I think this is probably my new favorite anime for this year. What a fool I was to start watching this stuff again. Curse you Darker Than Black!
Old 2010-04-27, 20:43   Link #40
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
It should also be mentioned that there is no reference to "God's", plural, or spirits. The only reference to a deity has been "God" singular.
That's huge bullsheet
You obviously don't know the tiniest thing about Japanese, or you would know that it doesn't make any distinction between singular and plural.
Thus you really can't say they are just talking about one god rather than "gods" (unspecified plural).

Alkso, as less than 1% of Japan's population are Christians, it would furthermore be extremely far-fetched, downright absurd, to claim that they're refering to one god, as pretty much no Japanese would make that connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
Ammo is just made from dirt, like the weapons, so they're no wasting anything.